Bonnie and Joel: Pack-Cacking it | Part 13

S_tine05
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Pack-Cacking it | Part 13

Unread post by S_tine05 »

I really love watching Bonnie and her family they are the most real and heartwarming out of all the family vloggers I watch and have watched, I think the wake up call is a good thing in the way it teaches you or reminds you that you tube is not going to last forever and its best not to put all ones eggs in one basket however I so badly wanted to reply to her video and say your sister and daily bumps deserve to be demonetized, Bryan has such an attitude and their click bait titles drive me insane, and Ellie and Jared are just disgusting posting their children in their most vulnerable states without a care in the world, they deserve to be taken down, I dont feel Bonnie and Joel did out of all the vloggers I wish it had been someone else and that they had learned from someone elses experiences. One thing that did bother me though is just admit that money is a big part, no matter how much you love what you do of course the money is a big part, with no other job or avenue of revenue they need those funds and I just feel it would have been more relate-able for them to properly acknowledge that and not say ah we don't do it for the money and we will continue to put out content and then nothing until they heard feedback from youtube, if they had continued to upload no matter how stressed they were I would have said its not about the money but it so clearly is, and that is ok I mean they have to live but then be honest about it
dw30
Talker
Talker

Unread post by dw30 »

snkjdgs wrote: * Joel looked exhausted with puffy eyes and deep lines around his eyes. He has been shedding a lot of tears and the stress is written all over his face and body language.
I imagine this has hit him hard. He does a lot for his church and I think it may have shocked him to the core that they could be perceived as exploiting their children. This is not a “great” testimony for his Mormon community and they young men/lives he’s supposed to be an influence too.

Bonnie just looks happy because she see’s a way to get her money back. I suppose Bonnie would have been one, where if all her friends where doing drugs and she was offered drugs she wouldn’t understand that it’s wrong to take it; because she would think she’s supposed to take drugs - cause everyone is taking drugs (sarcasm!). Seriously the lack of integrity! So many people have pointed out these issues, but nope! She didn’t know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Bonnie and Joel: Pack-Cacking it | Part 13

Unread post by GymChick »

Ugh half way through the vlog and it’s making me angry! They don’t get it at all!!! Both Ellie and Bonnie are just angry and think it’s unfair, it’s clear! They brought up how it’s just because they are a family channel, and have to be PERFECT. And adult channels don’t have to do this! No Bonnie/ellie, it’s about not exploiting your child’s vulnerable moments for cash! Advertisers don’t want their ads in front of a video of your child pooping his pants or your daughter having a panic attack at the store! (These adult channels can consent to embarrass themselves, your children are a vulnerable population) Bonnie and Joel also said they were sad to delete these videos! No empathy! They should be self reflecting and realizing that they shouldn’t be making money off of their child’s pain! Also reallly rubbed me the wrong way when she rubbed in that she had a brand deal for December because they need it money money greedy greedy... she said she wanted to focus on the kids and not vlog during the weekend but she couldn’t and have her head in the computer....can’t give up that high maintenance life eh?

calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

I am shocked they got their channel back this quick!

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

"Picked up a brand deal for this month because we needed it." How much money did they lose?
charmed596
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by charmed596 »

Obviously it’s not okay to exploit children for cash. But I do think it’s partly the way they were raised. They have no personal space, and seems like they were encouraged to be mean to their siblings. I could see how she might not realize it. However she’s been told multiple times over the years that it wasn’t okay. I’m just split on the issue

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I think it’s interesting that her vidIQ profile shows that they have zero earnings right now. Are they starting from scratch?

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201712 ... 86e827.jpg[/img]
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

ewokfan11 wrote:What was her random comment about Philip DeFranco about?? I think she's dumb and confusing Phil with that dad who hit his kids - who Phil called out on his channel. Bonnie deserves to be off YT. She's REALLY, REALLY STUPID!

She didn't realize she was exploiting her kids?? FFS!
I think she was saying that these rules dont apply to someone like Phillip DeFranco who clearly does adult content on his videos but for the family channels that are geared to be watched by familes,
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

The brand deal comment really bugged me, saying they need it for the month. They don’t need it. Maybe she needs it so she can keep up with her lifestyle, but they missed less than a week of monetization. I just think it was an insensitive thing to say especially since they got their monetization back. I don’t get paid sick days, and sometimes go longer without pay than they did.

Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Strawberry26 »

So watching the latest vlog and their was an ad before it. If she was demonitized wouldnt the ad not be played?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

I don't know if I will continue watching Bonnie. She hasn't learned anything! "It makes me so sad to pull videos" "our new viewers won't see these". They shouldn't see them. Nobody should have in the first place.
She didn't clean up her channel because she realized what she was doing to her kids. She cleaned it up to get her monetization back.
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

Strawberry26 wrote:So watching the latest vlog and their was an ad before it. If she was demonitized wouldnt the ad not be played?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
She got it back

scooper
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by scooper »

Honestly what's triggering me the most about all of this is her and Ellie STILL don't get it. It's not about the viewers...so whether there's an adult audience or kid audience, it doesn't matter. It's about THEIR kids and the advertising. It's about protecting THEM. Because their parents are doing a shite job at it.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

scooper wrote:Honestly what's triggering me the most about all of this is her and Ellie STILL don't get it. It's not about the viewers...so whether there's an adult audience or kid audience, it doesn't matter. It's about THEIR kids and the advertising. It's about protecting THEM. Because their parents are doing a shite job at it.

Bonnie definitely doesn't get it. When she showed Bostons face she goes "it won't be a thumbnail!" No you idiot, it shouldn't be included in the footage at all.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
scooper wrote:Honestly what's triggering me the most about all of this is her and Ellie STILL don't get it. It's not about the viewers...so whether there's an adult audience or kid audience, it doesn't matter. It's about THEIR kids and the advertising. It's about protecting THEM. Because their parents are doing a shite job at it.
Bonnie definitely doesn't get it. When she showed Bostons face she goes "it won't be a thumbnail!" No you idiot, it shouldn't be included in the footage at all.
And then she did her usual sarcastic grin to camera as if to say ''F you YouTube, I know best because I'm_Their_Mother. That bit clearly showed she would still be using thing's like Boston's face today as a thumbnail and that she ain't learnt Jack.

Also interesting to see Jennifer in today's vlog since I mentioned wondering what her stance would be and quelle surprise, she didn't disappoint with her ''We (her and Chad) lay in bed all yesterday morning going through video after video trying to find one that might have something wrong.'' No shit Sherlock - Jared said out of over 900 vlogs they only have 600 left uploaded. That's one out of every three that were potentially exploitative of their own children. And Jennifer saying it's so hard when you see your children going through something difficult - what about your grandchildren Jennifer?
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Yeah it's pretty clear that they haven't learned anything and have no regard for their kids, only their wallets. She really had some people beliving she was truly sorry, but it's obvious now that her tears weren't shed for her kids. They've turned into money making props for their parents to bully and take advantage of. It's such a shame because they're all great kids and they don't deserve this.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

All the comments are sucking up. "Yay for ads!" Everyone is so happy Bonnie got her monetization back. Wow.

And meanwhile, on Ruby's channel, here's the title and thumbnail:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201712 ... 7597ef.jpg[/img]

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I want so badly to say something in the comments. But it's not worth it. It won't make a dent in their delusions, and my inbox will just fill up with "If you don't like her, just go away!" replies. Like you can't like someone and dislike something that they do. And then it'll get deleted.
That's one thing that really bugs me about the people who love them so much. If you say anything, even constructive criticism, you're jealous and a hater. I love my kids, but sometimes I don't like things that they do. These minions are so blinded that if you don't support their chosen vlogger 100%, no matter what, then you just need to go away. And that's not what _real_ friends do. Real friends can tell each other when they're screwing up.

GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:I want so badly to say something in the comments. But it's not worth it. It won't make a dent in their delusions, and my inbox will just fill up with "If you don't like her, just go away!" replies. Like you can't like someone and dislike something that they do. And then it'll get deleted.
That's one thing that really bugs me about the people who love them so much. If you say anything, even constructive criticism, you're jealous and a hater. I love my kids, but sometimes I don't like things that they do. These minions are so blinded that if you don't support their chosen vlogger 100%, no matter what, then you just need to go away. And that's not what _real_ friends do. Real friends can tell each other when they're screwing up.

And then Bonnie will block you. I went back and replied to someone in her IG who was telling me I was wrong and to look up the definition of exploitation. She was passive aggressive and still doesn’t agree that Bonnie was guilty of anything

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I wonder how long it will be before youtube cracks down on the content and not just the title/thumbnail? Bonnie clearly has plans to continue sharing the same things she was, because she has no problem exploiting her kids for a dollar, she just wont use it in a thumbnail.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”