Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyBotoxAndSpeechRoadblocks part #99

Unread post by Playsinrain »

coolusername1236 wrote:
Amelia322 wrote:Bryan did some major damage control. They were smart. I wonder how long ago he changed the vlog titles and took out trapped? So glad they’re all getting busted!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honestly, and I know it was a smart mobe, but I'm surprised he changed the ORIGINAL! I'm no super fan, obviously, but I'd think he'd keep that one the same!
It's one of his higest grossing videos, he can't risk getting that one demonitized.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I'm so sad we won't be getting TRAPPED videos once a month now! dang guys!!!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Playsinrain wrote:
coolusername1236 wrote:
Amelia322 wrote:Bryan did some major damage control. They were smart. I wonder how long ago he changed the vlog titles and took out trapped? So glad they’re all getting busted!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Honestly, and I know it was a smart mobe, but I'm surprised he changed the ORIGINAL! I'm no super fan, obviously, but I'd think he'd keep that one the same!
It's one of his higest grossing videos, he can't risk getting that one demonitized.
They can't take the money back that he's already earned. And now that he's changed the title, it's not going to get millions of more views. So he's still suffering a little. Although I would rather have him demonetized than Bonnie.
No more "Trapped!" videos! HA!
I still can't believe he actually said they're "excited about the changes". What a bs'er. He's annoyed and panicking.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

queentee20 wrote:
MamaJoAnna wrote:
cat9480 wrote:Ok. I know I talk about this all the time and everyone probably just wants me to shut up LOL, but how blatantly obvious is it that their sub count is rigged?! They have about 2,960,000 subs right now. There are 20 days left on December, and they need 40,000 more to hit 3 million. 2,000 per day. What’s they’re average sub gain per day on Social Blade? +2,183.

But sure, Bryan, this just coincidentally happens every year Image

Wait, can they rig that to add a certain number of subs per day for a nominal fee?!

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk
They could choose to buy 2,000 subs a day, and no social blade wouldn’t reflect it because the good sites use real people to sub to you (they get people from other countries to sub to random YouTube channels lol).
Really? So if he buys 2,000 subscribers and 2,000 real people from another country subscribe...Social Blade doesn’t count those 2,000 people? How does it differentiate between real and purchased subscribers? (I know it also has view counts, which are going to be a lot different if he is actually buying subs. But have only been watching subscriber counts.)

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

cat9480 wrote:
queentee20 wrote:
MamaJoAnna wrote:Wait, can they rig that to add a certain number of subs per day for a nominal fee?!

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk
They could choose to buy 2,000 subs a day, and no social blade wouldn’t reflect it because the good sites use real people to sub to you (they get people from other countries to sub to random YouTube channels lol).
Really? So if he buys 2,000 subscribers and 2,000 real people from another country subscribe...Social Blade doesn’t count those 2,000 people? How does it differentiate between real and purchased subscribers? (I know it also has view counts, which are going to be a lot different if he is actually buying subs. But have only been watching subscriber counts.)

No, if he buys subs and the count on YT goes up, then the SB numbers will follow. This is why you see subs and views subtracted from time to time after YT does an audit. Jared is bad for buying views too Image
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

So-- with all the frantic changing of titles and thumbnails, they haven't given their cousins a heads up? The Johnson Family still has all their thumbnails of the girls in bathing suits, bee stings, Peyton looking like she's throwing up, etc. And they are getting _another_ new house! Didn't they just buy and remodel a house less than a year ago?
SlyFox still has all their exploitive thumbnails up too. Do they think they're immune or something?

cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
cat9480 wrote:
queentee20 wrote: They could choose to buy 2,000 subs a day, and no social blade wouldn’t reflect it because the good sites use real people to sub to you (they get people from other countries to sub to random YouTube channels lol).

No, if he buys subs and the count on YT goes up, then the SB numbers will follow. This is why you see subs and views subtracted from time to time after YT does an audit. Jared is bad for buying views too Image
Ok, that was my understanding of it, too.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
coolusername1236 wrote: Honestly, and I know it was a smart mobe, but I'm surprised he changed the ORIGINAL! I'm no super fan, obviously, but I'd think he'd keep that one the same!
They can't take the money back that he's already earned. And now that he's changed the title, it's not going to get millions of more views. So he's still suffering a little. Although I would rather have him demonetized than Bonnie.
No more "Trapped!" videos! HA!
I still can't believe he actually said they're "excited about the changes". What a bs'er. He's annoyed and panicking.

But i think it's one of those videos like the Halloween ones where the kids just watch it over and over and over. I don't look at the numbers very often, but i do know the last time i looked it was in the mid 40mil view range. So he's still getting a lot of traffic on that one. He might not make as much now off than he did a couple years ago, but that is one of his big money makers. He won't risk it with those big number vlogs that he sees getting thousands of views a month. (I assume there is some way to track how many views each video is getting like that? At least on the creators end?)
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Now they're cracking down on us nosey Rosies lol
20171212_104430.jpg
Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Forgive my ignorance OnBreak but what does that mean? ^^
cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201712 ... 90253d.jpg[/img]

Bryan has been so feisty on Twitter lately Image Wonder how long this will be up?

whys0seri0us
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by whys0seri0us »

lmmomSD wrote:So-- with all the frantic changing of titles and thumbnails, they haven't given their cousins a heads up? The Johnson Family still has all their thumbnails of the girls in bathing suits, bee stings, Peyton looking like she's throwing up, etc. And they are getting _another_ new house! Didn't they just buy and remodel a house less than a year ago?
SlyFox still has all their exploitive thumbnails up too. Do they think they're immune or something?

I think Bryan has done enough with basically handing both of them their audience. I know a lot of people don’t agree, but neither of them would have gotten as big as they are now without Missy and Bryan’s help.

If you work in YouTube, then you know what’s going on. All the family vloggers might now communicate with each other publicly but I bet they email back and forth all the time.

Slyfox, in my opinion, are the absolute worst. They are bottom of the barrel vloggers who click bait everything to the extreme. I can’t stand them. I hope they get hit HARD.

If Bryan and missy do get hit, I don’t think it’s going to mess wth them financially as much as it probably is for Bonnie.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

queentee20 wrote:Also those sites like social blade could be considered as slander in a way since they aren’t accurate. (I’ve checked mine and the info is so wrong)

Also excuse my lack of vocabulary I think slander is the wrong word for it? But honestly coming from a YT prospective it does suck that that info is out there. It could be used for all sorts of wrong things
If they have some sort of warning saying that the information is not deemed as accurate on the website i assume that covers their asses. They also show a very wide range of numbers on the social blade stats i have seen. I'm sure there is some legal loophole.
dailywhosfinn
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by dailywhosfinn »

I know this might be a reach but does it bother anybody else that on the "ollieandfinn" instagram there's so many pictures of Ollie alone or Ollie with Finn but hardly any of just Finn it just makes me sad how they manage to make every single thing focused of Ollie
pllfan5
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by pllfan5 »

dailywhosfinn wrote:I know this might be a reach but does it bother anybody else that on the "ollieandfinn" instagram there's so many pictures of Ollie alone or Ollie with Finn but hardly any of just Finn it just makes me sad how they manage to make every single thing focused of Ollie
Everything is about Ollie (and Missy). Poor sweet Finn.

I love your username btw.
#FreeFinleyandJackson
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

whys0seri0us wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:So-- with all the frantic changing of titles and thumbnails, they haven't given their cousins a heads up? The Johnson Family still has all their thumbnails of the girls in bathing suits, bee stings, Peyton looking like she's throwing up, etc. And they are getting _another_ new house! Didn't they just buy and remodel a house less than a year ago?

I think Bryan has done enough with basically handing both of them their audience. I know a lot of people don’t agree, but neither of them would have gotten as big as they are now without Missy and Bryan’s help.

If you work in YouTube, then you know what’s going on. All the family vloggers might now communicate with each other publicly but I bet they email back and forth all the time.

Slyfox, in my opinion, are the absolute worst. They are bottom of the barrel vloggers who click bait everything to the extreme. I can’t stand them. I hope they get hit HARD.

If Bryan and missy do get hit, I don’t think it’s going to mess wth them financially as much as it probably is for Bonnie.

Oh, I know. I was joking. I really hope both the Johnsons and SlyFox get hit hard. SlyFox is horrible with the clickbait, and the Johnsons with their "Justin Bieber FaceTime" and that awful "Flood" thumbnail they did after the hurricane in Houston-- they got called out big time and just ignored it. I loathe them both. They exploit their kids, use clickbait, and their minions think they're amazing people. Ugggh.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Playsinrain wrote:
queentee20 wrote:Also those sites like social blade could be considered as slander in a way since they aren’t accurate. (I’ve checked mine and the info is so wrong)

Also excuse my lack of vocabulary I think slander is the wrong word for it? But honestly coming from a YT prospective it does suck that that info is out there. It could be used for all sorts of wrong things
If they have some sort of warning saying that the information is not deemed as accurate on the website i assume that covers their asses. They also show a very wide range of numbers on the social blade stats i have seen. I'm sure there is some legal loophole.
And doesn't slander require malicious intent? If they're just sharing information, but without the intent to cause harm, slander would be hard to prove.

cats-or-die
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by cats-or-die »

Am I supposed to feel sorry for YouTubers that there’s a website that gives a gigantic ballpark estimate of what they make per year all because.....information about their income is out there?
I don’t feel bad for a single thing YouTubers have to “go through” in their daily working and social life.
They chose this life. They chose to broadcast their personal life. They choose to film their private life in their private home all for the sake of a dollar. Anyone who can sit on their ass all day and make more money than a fucking surgeon will never have my sympathy.
I’m not trying to snark on YOU personally but cmon, cry me a river. If I was sitting on my butt making tens of thousands of dollars, a stupid website like social blade wouldn’t phase me in the slightest.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

cats-or-die wrote:

Am I supposed to feel sorry for YouTubers that there’s a website that gives a gigantic ballpark estimate of what they make per year all because.....information about their income is out there?
I don’t feel bad for a single thing YouTubers have to “go through” in their daily working and social life.
They chose this life. They chose to broadcast their personal life. They choose to film their private life in their private home all for the sake of a dollar. Anyone who can sit on their ass all day and make more money than a fucking surgeon will never have my sympathy.
I’m not trying to snark on YOU personally but cmon, cry me a river. If I was sitting on my butt making tens of thousands of dollars, a stupid website like social blade wouldn’t phase me in the slightest.

Exactly. Plus it's all ballpark. You can search any job online and get an estimate of what that profession makes. Why are YTets so different? Oh, because that information is inconvenient, or in some cases embarrassing.

I don't think it's the earnings range that can no longer be posted is it? I thought it had to do with the calculations? Like no more guessing when a YTer will each a milestone, or giving them an engagement rank. Subs and views are facts with real numbers so I think they are fairly safe.
sarahelizabeth_1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sarahelizabeth_1 »

I’m confused, I thought the issues were people uploading videos of their children in compromising situations, like in the bathtub or on the toilet. I find the whole “trapped” thing extremely annoying but does it violate YouTube rules? How long do you think all of that took Bryan? They have a lot of videos lol.

Return to “Daily Bumps”