C&K - Boss Babies Part #15

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: C&K - Boss Babies Part #15

Unread post by lmmomSD »

So the vlog today is "Toddler Sibling Takedown (OUCH!)".

Obviously, they are not worried about losing their money...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
PinkFrog
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by PinkFrog »

I'm surprised that people are assuming Cullen and Katie are liberal. From what I've seen in the vlogs and on social media, I really just don't see it. They strike me as being extremely white privilege. I mean, they live on a country club golf course in a gated community right? Cullen has live streamed and video'd a lot of people that are in unfortunate situations, and I find it hard to believe he would do so if he didn't in some way feel superior. The both also seem to have a general sentiment like the world owes them something, and they have traditional values right down to Cullen promoting that he wants Brooks to be "all boy." MG wears a lot of dresses, and frilly things, and I don't see Katie respecting her opinion if she said she wanted to cut her hair short and dress more like a tom boy.

I mean, I like them and all, but just don't see them as being all that liberal.
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

I did a quick search through their recent thumbnails and titles and I think they changed 2 or 3 of them. I know there was a really recent one where Cullen added blood to Gaines I believe. I am guessing they are trying to prevent any issues.
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

I couldn’t edit my post, but I wanted to add a couple more thoughts. I think the vloggers who we are basically back tracking and trying to clean up their channels are basically admitting guilt. I doubt they feel like they did anything wrong. I like C&K, but I am doubting they are learning anything more from Bonnie’s (and other) channels being demonetized. If you have to add clickbait or alter thumbnails for views than your content is what’s wrong.
Nuna
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Nuna »

Theirmom wrote:Don’t know about C&K, but Corey is a Trump voter. Unless he was being sarcastic.
That doesn't strike me as sarcastic.

And I have never got the impression that Cullen and Katie were terribly liberal either. Grandberry may be, but that doesn't mean Cullen is. He's starting to seem more like his dad everyday, and I really don't think Howard was liberal from what we've heard!
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the point of demonetizing videos for inappropriate thumbnails/content for pedophiles? I don't see how the title or thumbnail of siblings wrestling is inappropriate. Pedophiles will get off to any child picture whether they be innocent as can be. Might as well just demonetize every thumbnail that has a child in it. Not trying to play devil's advocate, I'm genuinely curious what the guidelines are for inappropriate videos.
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

japaluvr wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the point of demonetizing videos for inappropriate thumbnails/content for pedophiles? I don't see how the title or thumbnail of siblings wrestling is inappropriate. Pedophiles will get off to any child picture whether they be innocent as can be. Might as well just demonetize every thumbnail that has a child in it. Not trying to play devil's advocate, I'm genuinely curious what the guidelines are for inappropriate videos.
Basically, you can no longer clickbait at all with children. For C&K, that is going to require a major change in how they do things.

I can't believe they are aren't more concerned!
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

HelloSweetie wrote:
japaluvr wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the point of demonetizing videos for inappropriate thumbnails/content for pedophiles? I don't see how the title or thumbnail of siblings wrestling is inappropriate. Pedophiles will get off to any child picture whether they be innocent as can be. Might as well just demonetize every thumbnail that has a child in it. Not trying to play devil's advocate, I'm genuinely curious what the guidelines are for inappropriate videos.
Basically, you can no longer clickbait at all with children. For C&K, that is going to require a major change in how they do things.

Thank you for clarifying. Does that mean exaggerating the titles even though it happened in the vlog? Sorry, excuse my ignorance. I don't know how it works.
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

japaluvr wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:

Thank you for clarifying. Does that mean exaggerating the titles even though it happened in the vlog? Sorry, excuse my ignorance. I don't know how it works.
Same here, i don't really understand where the line in the sand is. Are the people who are making the decisions actually watching vlogs or just making the cut based solely on thumbnails? Is it just children and click bait that they are worried about? I mean someone could post videos that are inappropriate content, but with a thumbnail that is g rated, and be fine it seems.. I'm not saying that they shouldn't be cracking down on these types of things, but i just wonder what the guidelines are and if creators are given some sort of list of guidelines to follow now. Say I'm a vlogger and my kid got stung by a bee, if i make the vlog title BEE STING OH NO!! and show a picture of a bee.. thats fine, but if i take the same footage of my child in the aftermath of a bee sting but use her picture crying or whatnot then its cut? I guess what i don't understand is why they are just going after thumbnails and not actual content (or are they??) Thumbnails can bring in unsavory views, but i feel like the actual content of the vlog should be taken in account as well...
madi_b_123
Informer
Informer

Unread post by madi_b_123 »

workfromhomemom wrote:I did a quick search through their recent thumbnails and titles and I think they changed 2 or 3 of them. I know there was a really recent one where Cullen added blood to Gaines I believe. I am guessing they are trying to prevent any issues.
They changed the Playing Doctor one to Dr. Gaines to the Rescue. They also changed the thumbnail of the busted lip vlog. But there’s been no changes to the RUSHED TO THE HOSPITAL...He Couldn’t Breathe vlog. I think they are slowing trying to make some changes but probably aren’t too worried yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

madi_b_123 wrote:
workfromhomemom wrote:I did a quick search through their recent thumbnails and titles and I think they changed 2 or 3 of them. I know there was a really recent one where Cullen added blood to Gaines I believe. I am guessing they are trying to prevent any issues.
They changed the Playing Doctor one to Dr. Gaines to the Rescue. They also changed the thumbnail of the busted lip vlog. But there’s been no changes to the RUSHED TO THE HOSPITAL...He Couldn’t Breathe vlog. I think they are slowing trying to make some changes but probably aren’t too worried yet.

Those are the 2 I noticed. I thought I had seen one possible other one. The gross toenail one was there. I’m really disappointed they jumped on that train.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

**Can we get a mod to lock part #11 that is pinned at the top of the C&K thread? People are still accidentally posting there.**
Enchantedbybeautyy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Enchantedbybeautyy »

askeptichere wrote:**Can we get a mod to lock part #11 that is pinned at the top of the C&K thread? People are still accidentally posting there.**
Yes please, I’ve been accidentally clicking on that thread for months wondering why I felt like I’ve read that before lol
ferriswheel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ferriswheel »

Enchantedbybeautyy wrote:
askeptichere wrote:**Can we get a mod to lock part #11 that is pinned at the top of the C&K thread? People are still accidentally posting there.**
Yes please, I’ve been accidentally clicking on that thread for months wondering why I felt like I’ve read that before lol
I sent a PM to a mod to have someone lock it, I know there are certain forums they don't keep close eyes on.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Playsinrain wrote:
japaluvr wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:

Same here, i don't really understand where the line in the sand is. Are the people who are making the decisions actually watching vlogs or just making the cut based solely on thumbnails? Is it just children and click bait that they are worried about? I mean someone could post videos that are inappropriate content, but with a thumbnail that is g rated, and be fine it seems.. I'm not saying that they shouldn't be cracking down on these types of things, but i just wonder what the guidelines are and if creators are given some sort of list of guidelines to follow now. Say I'm a vlogger and my kid got stung by a bee, if i make the vlog title BEE STING OH NO!! and show a picture of a bee.. thats fine, but if i take the same footage of my child in the aftermath of a bee sting but use her picture crying or whatnot then its cut? I guess what i don't understand is why they are just going after thumbnails and not actual content (or are they??) Thumbnails can bring in unsavory views, but i feel like the actual content of the vlog should be taken in account as well...
I have asked this question a couple of times, and I don't know if anyone in these forums knows the answer. I know Bonnie had to actually take down videos, but that was because her whole channel got demonetized. E&J, and Bryan have been changing titles and thumbnails, but leaving the vlogs up, it seems. I _think_, and of course I could be wrong, that it's why they are hiring people to look into things. They are supposedly hiring a bunch of people to watch videos and monitor content. It's going to be a slow process, but hopefully they will figure it out. I don't have faith that anyone is really interested in "protecting the children". It's all about protecting the revenue. YouTube is getting heat from advertisers, and shit rolls downhill. Because YouTube wants to keep making money, they are making sure that vlogs are "advertiser friendly". And the way to do that is to pressure the vloggers.

RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

I think there's a difference between having a video where your kid got stung by a bee and having a video titled EMERGENCY LIFE THREATENING SWOLLEN BEE STING DISASTER with a thumbnail of your kid sobbing.

YouTube hasn't quite taken the stance that vlogging your kids itself is exploitive, but that using them for clickbait and filming them in moments of serious distress are different. The bee sting and crying are okay as long as they're done carefully and don't turn into a huge production emphasizing pain.

That's all speculation and it's a fine line anyway. They're at the mercy of YouTube either way at this point.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

C&K - Boss Babies Part #15

RootBeerFloatie wrote:I think there's a difference between having a video where your kid got stung by a bee and having a video titled EMERGENCY LIFE THREATENING SWOLLEN BEE STING DISASTER with a thumbnail of your kid sobbing.

YouTube hasn't quite taken the stance that vlogging your kids itself is exploitive, but that using them for clickbait and filming them in moments of serious distress are different. The bee sting and crying are okay as long as they're done carefully and don't turn into a huge production emphasizing pain.

That's all speculation and it's a fine line anyway. They're at the mercy of YouTube either way at this point.
That's exactly my understanding of it as well. I also read that they don't want photoshopped thumbnails anymore... especially with children. Cullen has definitely been guilty of this more and more lately.

Showing try aftermath of a bee sting in the vlog is likely ok. Having the title "He got stung" with even a simple thumbnail of child holding his arm may even be pushing it though. I wouldn't chance it. If I were in he financial position that I think C&K are in, I would be walking on eggshells from this point forward
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

I think how he titles and thumbnails today’s vlog will be telling. We know Gaines was sick yesterday and they took her to the doctor. Cullen of the past would show her sad, crying, laying lethargically on her mom, etc. and title it SICK AGAIN!? WHAT’S WRONG WITH HER!? I bet we don’t see that today, and he focuses on Beth or something else if he’s trying to be careful and avoid demonetization.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

askeptichere wrote:I think how he titles and thumbnails today’s vlog will be telling. We know Gaines was sick yesterday and they took her to the doctor. Cullen of the past would show her sad, crying, laying lethargically on her mom, etc. and title it SICK AGAIN!? WHAT’S WRONG WITH HER!? I bet we don’t see that today, and he focuses on Beth or something else if he’s trying to be careful and avoid demonetization.

I think it's telling that he hasn't deleted a single vlog yet. He still has a "Potty Training," playlist, as well as one for "Babies Swimming Underwater" and "Hot Wheels Crashes." One of the potty training ones even has MG in her underwear and is sure to get demonetized if they catch it.

There are also a ton of vlogs that involve the kids scared or upset with something. Those definitely need to be altered in some way, but it doesn't appear that Cullen is too concerned.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

And they have many, many thumbnails of both of the kids crying. And things photoshopped to make them look worse. They are definitely guilty of using the kids exaggerating their distress to get more views. And that's definitely against the rules.
I will be interested to see what happens. The Johnson Family seems to have gotten hit just in the last 24 hours. So it's coming.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”