askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: C&K - Boss Babies Part #15

Unread post by askeptichere »

HelloSweetie wrote:
askeptichere wrote:I think how he titles and thumbnails today’s vlog will be telling. We know Gaines was sick yesterday and they took her to the doctor. Cullen of the past would show her sad, crying, laying lethargically on her mom, etc. and title it SICK AGAIN!? WHAT’S WRONG WITH HER!? I bet we don’t see that today, and he focuses on Beth or something else if he’s trying to be careful and avoid demonetization.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it's telling that he hasn't deleted a single vlog yet. He still has a "Potty Training," playlist, as well as one for "Babies Swimming Underwater" and "Hot Wheels Crashes." One of the potty training ones even has MG in her underwear and is sure to get demonetized if they catch it.

There are also a ton of vlogs that involve the kids scared or upset with something. Those definitely need to be altered in some way, but it doesn't appear that Cullen is too concerned.
Oh I totally agree. There is plenty of content on their channel that warrants demonetization. But we also know how lazy C&K are. So they may be concerned and realize things should probably be changed or better yet taken down completely, but too lazy to go in and do those things like other creators seem to be doing. I say today's vlog will be telling mainly because he is editing it NOW, in the heat of the YT changes. AFTER Bonnie put up her video saying exactly what YT is looking for. If he keeps doing what he had been in the past: exploiting his kids' illness, emotions, etc., then that's classic IDGAF/rules don't apply to me Cullen.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Thanks for the explanations guys.. it makes a little more sense now. I still think that YT should be more concerned with what is actually IN the vlogs than what the thumbnails show. Again, I don't think the super dramatic. photoshopped, kids upset etc thumbnails are ok, and i agree with what YT is doing, but i feel like they have a MUCH larger issue on their hands with exploiting content than a doctored thumbnail. I know now, from what you guys have said that this is just the beginning, and they are going to start actually reviewing vlog content, and i guess that makes a lot more sense. I just hope this doesn't limit family vloggers in ONLY showing "oh life is perfect! My kids are never sick and they never cry, we have never had a accident where my kid has even slightly hurt themselves and they NEVER do anything naughty!!!". There is going to wind up being a VERY fine line between showing life and making a scripted show. No, a super sick and miserable kid shouldn't have a camera in their face, but a kid with the sniffles who went to the dr? That's not something that should be censored in my opinion. It's things like that, that concern me. Is YT going to force these families into basically writing a sitcom? Not something i'm interested in...
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

Playsinrain wrote:Thanks for the explanations guys.. it makes a little more sense now. I still think that YT should be more concerned with what is actually IN the vlogs than what the thumbnails show. Again, I don't think the super dramatic. photoshopped, kids upset etc thumbnails are ok, and i agree with what YT is doing, but i feel like they have a MUCH larger issue on their hands with exploiting content than a doctored thumbnail. I know now, from what you guys have said that this is just the beginning, and they are going to start actually reviewing vlog content, and i guess that makes a lot more sense. I just hope this doesn't limit family vloggers in ONLY showing "oh life is perfect! My kids are never sick and they never cry, we have never had a accident where my kid has even slightly hurt themselves and they NEVER do anything naughty!!!". There is going to wind up being a VERY fine line between showing life and making a scripted show. No, a super sick and miserable kid shouldn't have a camera in their face, but a kid with the sniffles who went to the dr? That's not something that should be censored in my opinion. It's things like that, that concern me. Is YT going to force these families into basically writing a sitcom? Not something i'm interested in...
I think this is EXACTLY what YouTube wants from family vloggers.
Vloggers will have to decide right now between being real people or being children’s entertainers.
I think we’re going to see a lot more toy commercials, “making slime”-type videos, glitter, cupcake, challenge, family game night, puppies, kittens magic fairy dust “vlogs”.
No more real life. Not if they want to be on the YT kids app.
YT kids is where the big money is. Not very many vloggers who have made YT their sole income are going to choose integrity over their livelihood.
Some of them might start second channels to appeal to adult viewers. But most I think are going to make their channels 100% child friendly.
:roll:
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

lmmomSD wrote:And they have many, many thumbnails of both of the kids crying. And things photoshopped to make them look worse. They are definitely guilty of using the kids exaggerating their distress to get more views. And that's definitely against the rules.
I will be interested to see what happens. The Johnson Family seems to have gotten hit just in the last 24 hours. So it's coming.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Was the Johnson Family demonetized?
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Also, OT but relevant. I caved and checked out The Letter market that they are always talking about and they have some really cute things. I ordered me a shirt from there and i am not disappointed. Nice quality tee shirt, nicely done embroidery and SUPER cute shipping packaging, bc you know, that totally matters lol. If anyone is interested i have a 20% off code that they sent with my order, expires the first of the year.. pm me if you want it. (and hell no i'm not getting anything from it, it was just a little postcard with a discount code on it that was in my package)
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Theirmom wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:Thanks for the explanations guys.. it makes a little more sense now. I still think that YT should be more concerned with what is actually IN the vlogs than what the thumbnails show. Again, I don't think the super dramatic. photoshopped, kids upset etc thumbnails are ok, and i agree with what YT is doing, but i feel like they have a MUCH larger issue on their hands with exploiting content than a doctored thumbnail. I know now, from what you guys have said that this is just the beginning, and they are going to start actually reviewing vlog content, and i guess that makes a lot more sense. I just hope this doesn't limit family vloggers in ONLY showing "oh life is perfect! My kids are never sick and they never cry, we have never had a accident where my kid has even slightly hurt themselves and they NEVER do anything naughty!!!". There is going to wind up being a VERY fine line between showing life and making a scripted show. No, a super sick and miserable kid shouldn't have a camera in their face, but a kid with the sniffles who went to the dr? That's not something that should be censored in my opinion. It's things like that, that concern me. Is YT going to force these families into basically writing a sitcom? Not something i'm interested in...
I think this is EXACTLY what YouTube wants from family vloggers.
Vloggers will have to decide right now between being real people or being children’s entertainers.
I think we’re going to see a lot more toy commercials, “making slime”-type videos, glitter, cupcake, challenge, family game night, puppies, kittens magic fairy dust “vlogs”.
No more real life. Not if they want to be on the YT kids app.
YT kids is where the big money is. Not very many vloggers who have made YT their sole income are going to choose integrity over their livelihood.
Some of them might start second channels to appeal to adult viewers. But most I think are going to make their channels 100% child friendly.
Disappointing. I don't think that is fair to family vloggers or viewers above the age of 10.
Better solution for YT (in my eyes anyway, and with restrictions of course) If vloggers want to be featured on the kids app then let that be an option, but also let it be an option to not publish videos to the kids app. This could already be a feature (ive uploaded exactly 2 videos to YT in my entire life and they were videos of concerts that i uploaded for another creator to use in his work. Taper work if anyone understands that..) since i don't create, i don't know what your options are. I still think that content needs to fit certain standards, but i think people should have the option to have it in the kids app or not. That way they could do "kid friendly" vlogs AND real life vlogs and not have to worry about please both groups.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

^^^ the kids app is already full of too much junk without adding more vlogs to it. I think family vloggers don't need to be on it period. Anyone over the age of say 12, is probably watching the regular version anyway. Do younger kids really need to be watching family vloggers?
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:^^^ the kids app is already full of too much junk without adding more vlogs to it. I think family vloggers don't need to be on it period. Anyone over the age of say 12, is probably watching the regular version anyway. Do younger kids really need to be watching family vloggers?
Nope, most times i dont! I can see the appeal of things like The Bump's Halloween specials or Christmas Specials, but other than that, i don't get why young kids would want to watch. And on the flip side, most adult viewers who watch vlogs are not interested in those types of videos. Allowing a channel to pick and choose what vlogs are uploaded on what outlet would help with that. I assume how it works now is that a whole channel would be on the kids app just like regular YT, and all the content is dumped on the kids app. Allowing a creator to choose between uploading on the kids app, regular YT or both would do two things. It would free creators from censoring the hell out of day to day life and it would keep content that kids aren't interested in off the kids app. I'm sure people would still abuse that choice, but it would also allow YT to spend more time policing the kids app for things deemed inappropriate and lay off vloggers who don't want to cater directly to the prek set.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

For the number of times they have brought the kids in for ear infections and sore throats, I'm surprised their pediatrician hasn't referred them to an ENT. They just keep pumping them full of antibiotics, which is horrible to do so often.

And did Brooks really need that candy cane first thing in the morning? I've never seen a one year old eat candy so often.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

askeptichere wrote:For the number of times they have brought the kids in for ear infections and sore throats, I'm surprised their pediatrician hasn't referred them to an ENT. They just keep pumping them full of antibiotics, which is horrible to do so often.

And did Brooks really need that candy cane first thing in the morning? I've never seen a one year old eat candy so often.
I haven't watched yeat but i'm surprised they haven't been referred either. I would be asking for referral at this time. I know some people are against tubes, but they were a life saver to us with my son. I wouldnt hesitate in an instant if mine were as sick as Brooks especially, all the time.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Playsinrain wrote:
askeptichere wrote:For the number of times they have brought the kids in for ear infections and sore throats, I'm surprised their pediatrician hasn't referred them to an ENT. They just keep pumping them full of antibiotics, which is horrible to do so often.

I haven't watched yeat but i'm surprised they haven't been referred either. I would be asking for referral at this time. I know some people are against tubes, but they were a life saver to us with my son. I wouldnt hesitate in an instant if mine were as sick as Brooks especially, all the time.
Tubes were absolutely necessary with my daughter. She was a tough little gal, and wouldn't do the usual grumpy, tugging on the ears thing, and we would wake up to pus on her sheets from her eardrum rupturing. My son had a few ear infections but never needed tubes. I can see where people might think doctors jump at intervention, but sometimes, it's necessary.

In answer to the question about the Johnsons, a couple of people have said that their ads have disappeared. They have a D- on Social Blade, but their earnings are there. I hope they did get demonetized. And I hope SlyFox is right behind them.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:

Tubes were absolutely necessary with my daughter. She was a tough little gal, and wouldn't do the usual grumpy, tugging on the ears thing, and we would wake up to pus on her sheets from her eardrum rupturing. My son had a few ear infections but never needed tubes. I can see where people might think doctors jump at intervention, but sometimes, it's necessary.

In answer to the question about the Johnsons, a couple of people have said that their ads have disappeared. They have a D- on Social Blade, but their earnings are there. I hope they did get demonetized. And I hope SlyFox is right behind them.

Same with my son, we would know a thing was wrong until he woke up with bloody pusy ears. It broke my heart.
PumpkinHead
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PumpkinHead »

Random, but the way they pronounce 'asiago' drives me insane lol. Cullen even said it like three different ways and none of them were right!
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

I've been to the point I can't even finish a vlog lately. They've been completely boring me. I don't want to watch several minutes of Katie and Gaines playing patient and dr. Then after all the drama going on on YouTube, Cullen has to mention (she wasn't shown) that Gaines didn't have any clothes on due to her high fever. Was that even necessary? I am over the elves. I am glad they didn't seem to be popular until my kids were slightly older. I have nothing against them, but I am over the over the top Elf productions.
Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Strawberry26 »

Anyone slowly getting sick of them? I'm sick of the intro song, sick of the kids being sick all the time, sick of the way they do things, just sick of it. Brooks is whining at least 50% of the vlogs, Gaines gets sick a lot yet they take her places.... Cullen is another Jay and katie stoops to their levels too... They are starting to get repeative and it gets boring fast...

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Strawberry26 wrote:Anyone slowly getting sick of them? I'm sick of the intro song, sick of the kids being sick all the time, sick of the way they do things, just sick of it. Brooks is whining at least 50% of the vlogs, Gaines gets sick a lot yet they take her places.... Cullen is another Jay and katie stoops to their levels too... They are starting to get repeative and it gets boring fast...

I've felt this way since the beginning of the year. I skip through most of their vlogs. Especially when they just put the camera on the kids, or talk endlessly about how their kids are sick. You can just about predict what they'll do in their vlogs because they've been doing the same thing since they created their channel. Same stuff, different year. That's great for a normal family. Not a family trying to make $$$ on YT.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Strawberry26 wrote:Anyone slowly getting sick of them? I'm sick of the intro song, sick of the kids being sick all the time, sick of the way they do things, just sick of it. Brooks is whining at least 50% of the vlogs, Gaines gets sick a lot yet they take her places.... Cullen is another Jay and katie stoops to their levels too... They are starting to get repeative and it gets boring fast...

You're definitely not the only one. They are losing subscribers steadily. They used to lose some, but pick up more so that their net over the month was positive. Not anymore. Now their net is negative. And their views are dropping. I feel bad for them in a way, because they seem to be clinging to this fantasy of living off of YouTube, but it's time to wake up. We can't all be Family Fun Pack. Or even DB. Thank God.

cynthiadancer
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by cynthiadancer »

Yes, me. I am a little sad about it though. I really used to enjoy watching them. It started to go downhill not too long after Brooks was born and around when they were thinking about starting house hunting. It's only gotten worse since they moved. I feel like even they are really sick of it, putting in hardly any effort anymore. I used to watch mainly for their adult chats at the end of nearly every vlog, it was real and relatable and interesting. Now they hardly even ever close the vlog and they certainly don't do it together. I stopped watching regularly right after Brooks' first birthday and just watch sometimes now.
Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Strawberry26 »

My question is how did he get up there by himself??? [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201712 ... d46cfb.jpg[/img]

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Strawberry26 wrote:My question is how did he get up there by himself??? [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201712 ... d46cfb.jpg[/img]

It’s Cullen wanting his subscribers to fight. He seriously lives for it and is constantly saying things he knows will get people going. Someone will tell him he shouldn’t leave Brooks on the counter by himself, and then all the minions jump on that person saying how dare you tell them how to parent. Cullen loves it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Cullen and Katie”