cklein31
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: OKTimeToWorkAgain | Part 17

Unread post by cklein31 »

kgiff77 wrote:
cklein31 wrote:Social blade (which disclaimer: I don't ever use so idk exactly how it works) says they are making money on videos but then their total income is $0- anyone know why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Social blade comes up with that total $ amount from views. They’ve deleted videos so their views have gone down. That’s why it’s saying that. Just from them mass deleting videos.

Ahh okay thanks for the clarification!!
xoxoal3xandra
Talker
Talker

Unread post by xoxoal3xandra »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201712 ... bf2724.jpg[/img]

I saw this pic on Twitter & I feel like it related... everything these kids do is on camera.. that’ll come back to haunt you

Emysere
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Emysere »

I was a bit miffed by Kyra's attitude in today's vlog where she seemed pissed about the whole demonitising thing and kind of mocked it when Oscar asked if they can still say 'balls'. Why do none of them understand that it's for the kids' benefit that yt are coming down on them now???
Chichi
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Chichi »

Emysere wrote:I was a bit miffed by Kyra's attitude in today's vlog where she seemed pissed about the whole demonitising thing and kind of mocked it when Oscar asked if they can still say 'balls'. Why do none of them understand that it's for the kids' benefit that yt are coming down on them now???
Her true Colours surface... No need to pretend for the vlog.. The demonetization is a timely wake up call for many... Now we see who truly care about their children's welfare, and who are primarily vlogging for the money, and don't really care about appropriate language in front of minors who make up their audience demographic.
wolflily23
Informer
Informer

Unread post by wolflily23 »

So I'm still not totally clear on how youtubers get paid exactly...I understand they become monetized and therefore ads play on their videos and they make money that way but say they become demonetized...will they still make any money based off of views even though there are no ads? Or does monetization need to be in place to get any sort of income be it ads or views?
aspynferris
Talker
Talker

Unread post by aspynferris »

wolflily23 wrote:So I'm still not totally clear on how youtubers get paid exactly...I understand they become monetized and therefore ads play on their videos and they make money that way but say they become demonetized...will they still make any money based off of views even though there are no ads? Or does monetization need to be in place to get any sort of income be it ads or views?
They need to be able to “enable” monetiziation in their settings which would then allow their videos to have ads and generate income. If YouTube doesn’t allow them the option to turn on monetization, there are no ads and subsequently no money being made.
wolflily23
Informer
Informer

Unread post by wolflily23 »

aspynferris wrote:
wolflily23 wrote:So I'm still not totally clear on how youtubers get paid exactly...I understand they become monetized and therefore ads play on their videos and they make money that way but say they become demonetized...will they still make any money based off of views even though there are no ads? Or does monetization need to be in place to get any sort of income be it ads or views?
They need to be able to “enable” monetiziation in their settings which would then allow their videos to have ads and generate income. If YouTube doesn’t allow them the option to turn on monetization, there are no ads and subsequently no money being made.
oh okay! so views don't count either unless they are able to monetize? Sorry for being so dumb about this lol I just remember watching youtubers waay back in the day and they only ever talked about the amount of views per video generating their money, never really ads.
doggo
Talker
Talker

Unread post by doggo »

Everyone used to always rip Oscar apart for the way he talked to Kyra when he vlogged, but now that she's the one vlogging you can hear that she pretty much does the same to him. In the "day to themselves" video she berates him for making the joke in the car, makes fun of his outfit on the way into the store and then doesn't let him get the pants that he likes when they're shopping. He's the one just quietly smiling and receiving it now that we're watching from Kyra's perspective and I'm kinda thinking that's just their relationship. Unhealthy on both of their parts.
ytmamaviewer24
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ytmamaviewer24 »

Kyra joked about the Vlog being demonetized because she cursed.. So I'm guessing youtube warned them about the old videos so they took them down
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

They really need to get into a better routine of uploading when they’re away. Kyra was doing such a great job of getting the vlogs up everyday. Oscar needs to step up and help her more.

Mumof2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mumof2 »

Please tell me Alaya wasn't balancing on the edge of a balcony. Please tell me I am looking at this wrong...[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201712 ... 3eaf5c.jpg[/img]

staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lisahunt wrote:Please tell me Alaya wasn't balancing on the edge of a balcony. Please tell me I am looking at this wrong...[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201712 ... 3eaf5c.jpg[/img]

I think that’s a window ledge

Mumof2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mumof2 »

staceybrax wrote:
lisahunt wrote:Please tell me Alaya wasn't balancing on the edge of a balcony. Please tell me I am looking at this wrong...Image

Ahhh that makes more sense. I got goosebumps looking at it the first time. Now it's just cute.

doveminibites
Talker
Talker

Unread post by doveminibites »

staceybrax wrote:
lisahunt wrote:Please tell me Alaya wasn't balancing on the edge of a balcony. Please tell me I am looking at this wrong...Image

Yea its from their hotel room!

Lagorda_12
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Lagorda_12 »

Why are Levi’s and Alayas eyes always red? Is it because they are like super white lol

Whateverumean
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Whateverumean »

It’s so funny to see Alaya always smiling at the camera even while falling asleep. :D
Mumof2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mumof2 »

Lagorda_12 wrote:Why are Levi’s and Alayas eyes always red? Is it because they are like super white lol

I've noticed that they are always sleepy or are due for a sleep. Maybe they are just tired kids. I know my eldest gets red eyes if he is tired.

teddyandmommy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by teddyandmommy »

So they made merch. One thing they did right was make it in toddler sizes! Unlike KKnot that I would have bought any but I thought it was weird that they wouldn't even make it in a size their own kids could wear
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

So they’re releasing merch.. that looks just like KK’s merch, which looks just like karlee Holden’s. if I was karlee I’d be pissed everyone stole my idea.

They say they’ve been working on it for 2 years and they wanted it to be perfect, but they release merch that looks like everyone else’s?

ckks
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by ckks »

staceybrax wrote:So they’re releasing merch.. that looks just like KK’s merch, which looks just like karlee Holden’s. if I was karlee I’d be pissed everyone stole my idea.

They say they’ve been working on it for 2 years and they wanted it to be perfect, but they release merch that looks like everyone else’s?

exactly. i'm sure over that cartoonish/caricature look. and why release Christmas merch 10 days before Christmas? it's not even gonna get there in time for the holidays. makes no sense to me.

Return to “OKBaby”