Bonnie and Joel: Pack-Cacking it | Part 13

littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Pack-Cacking it | Part 13

Unread post by littlebaby »

I could listen to Lincoln talk all day. He is the sweetest little boy. I’m glad Bonnie threw in that comment about how Ellie is amazed at how much he talks. Wonder why

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

onbreak wrote:Only because everyone was doing it, so I did too-- to get the views

Yea, no
That's not taking responsibility. I expect more.. Im one of those people- sitting, watching, & judging

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
That "unemployed" comment really rubbed me the wrong way. They seem to me to have completely lost touch with what it's like to really struggle financially. I know they did struggle before. But those days are long gone.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

HelloSweetie wrote:Bonnie may be whining about the money loss and I agree it's annoying, but I do think she at least deserves some credit for owning her guilt instead of just sweeping it under the rug. So many other YTers are managing to skirt the issue and avoid criticism by not mentioning it at all. All these comments about how Bonnie hadn't learned anything, because we have words to hold against her and criticize since she's actually talking about it. I can see now why so many YTers don't talk about issues. I think it's way too early to say she's learned nothing, when she's been more open and clear than other YTers. That has to account for something. By sharing what she was told by YT she is at least helping to make sure that the viewers and other creators know what YT does and does not want to see. She is nonetheless helping to clean it up.

We always say we want to see real life, but every time a vlogger admits guilt for something we become vultures. Look at E&J's board! By never admitting anything they manage to largely get a pass on so many things. Are the same people posting here as concerned about their accountability? As angry about their failure to quit? As outraged by their failure to learn? It seems most of the heat is on Bonnie because she is the only one to acknowledge it, which just seems a bit backwards to me. Did anyone really expect her to not want her monetization back and to just quit?
Bonnie only mentioned it when she could use the viewers though. It had been happening for a while behind the scenes and they didn't tell, just like the others. Only when they came up with the idea, through advise or not, like by Jared, to use the audience for 'help', did they decide to film a special video: with the sole purpose to use their viewer base. The rest was all blah-blah around it. It held manipulation of their (mostly kids) audience, it was entitled, selfish, hypocritical, and euphemistically put very unprofessional. All put under a blanket of attention seeking and oh we're such innocent victims, whining: please help us and tell YT what good people we are - how inappropriate! In my opinion it is much more professional to solve your professional problems behind the scenes, like adults, and to not bother your audience by putting the weight on them. And then to think, all the professional advisers from YT they have access to, and their personal YT-person they can turn to. And then to think they should have complied to the rules of their employer all along. But they didn't....for all this time they were purposefully exploiting the lack of control by YT: for the $$.

Bonnie isn't innocent and naive, she knows very well what she is doing. And she's still exploiting her audience, by approving and stimulating they should binge watch on automatic pilot. What?! Omg, I can't even begin. How entitled! How arrogant towards your boss. How still being in denial of what you did wrong. And most of all, what a lie, they hardly lost any money. How a self-absorbed, entitled and ungrateful people they are actually.

More and more am I seeing the sly fox Bonnie can be through her radiant personality lately. They act all so innocent, but they are not. Behind the scenes they know and are aware of so much more than we realize.

It was sheer opportunism that they "shared" they were in trouble. They shouldn't have shared but solved it on their own. And the intention of sharing was wrong. And the way she handles the aftermath is still wrong. Omg Bonnie, what an actress.
crowmtmom78
Informer
Informer

Unread post by crowmtmom78 »

Today's vlog is titled "Toy Donation from my Family" , but she tells that the toys were sent to her from toy companies to review. I am glad she isn't keeping them for her kids (there was ALOT) but how is that a donation from her family?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

crowmtmom78 wrote:Today's vlog is titled "Toy Donation from my Family" , but she tells that the toys were sent to her from toy companies to review. I am glad she isn't keeping them for her kids (there was ALOT) but how is that a donation from her family?
I agree. She's taking credit for being charitable for something she really didn't do and she was advertising for the companies she mentioned - so probably getting paid on top of getting the FREE toys. That's pretty shady.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

crowmtmom78 wrote:Today's vlog is titled "Toy Donation from my Family" , but she tells that the toys were sent to her from toy companies to review. I am glad she isn't keeping them for her kids (there was ALOT) but how is that a donation from her family?

She said she talked to the companies and told them what she planned to do. Even though she wouldn't do a Toy Review on those products, they agreed to send toys to be donated at the end of the year. She also had clearly arranged for the sponsors they have had to give some too since there were quite a few of those Paw Patrol Towers, Lego and Pryntz. She didn't buy the toys, but she did coordinate putting it all together.

The kids learned a good lesson in the process too. Much better than the vlogger kids I do see opening those toys on a daily basis that are getting FAR too used to it.
PinkFrog
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by PinkFrog »

Bonnie never claimed to have to bought the toys. She said she came up with the idea and put the donation together. I think that was thoughtful.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Then why not just do the donation in private and NOT do a video patting herself on the back for giving away stuff she got for FREE????
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

ewokfan11 wrote:Then why not just do the donation in private and NOT do a video patting herself on the back for giving away stuff she got for FREE????
It sounded like he brands sent her the products despite her refusing to review them because she would be doing this video. They get the benefit of product placement and a shout out. She traded her service for product.

There was no ad on the video, so unless they also paid for the shout out, she did donate the advertising income for today.

I appreciate that she is careful to not become a toy channel. I used to enjoy DB, and lately that is all their channel is. Their children are spoiled and can no longer get excited about Birthdays and Christmas. Bonnie and Joel definitely are at least trying to raise kind, giving children.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

menehune wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:Then why not just do the donation in private and NOT do a video patting herself on the back for giving away stuff she got for FREE????
It sounded like he brands sent her the products despite her refusing to review them because she would be doing this video. They get the benefit of product placement and a shout out. She traded her service for product.

There was no ad on the video, so unless they also paid for the shout out, she did donate the advertising income for today.

I appreciate that she is careful to not become a toy channel. I used to enjoy DB, and lately that is all their channel is. Their children are spoiled and can no longer get excited about Birthdays and Christmas. Bonnie and Joel definitely are at least trying to raise kind, giving children.
Ummm, there was 100% a pre-roll ad on today's video. Mine was for Groupon.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Ad or not, it was a nice thing to do. They collected the toys throughout the year, and unboxing and bringing them up to donate was part of their day.... which they vlog. She was pretty clear that the companies sent them to her. Given that they could have kept them and made money off them, in a way it is their donation. If K&C gave away that cruise they won, it would still be a donation. She was under no obligation to do anything at all.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I think it was a good compromise for Bonnie to accept the toys with the agreement they would be donated. Very nice of her.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Jared did the exact same thing. KMart sent them a bunch of toys, and he took them to Toys for Tots and acted all magnanimous dropping them off.

No. That is not a donation from you. So don't take credit for it.
And when he did it, we roasted him here. How is that different from what Bonnie is doing? I know a lot of people like her better than him, but she should be held to the same standard.

Last edited by lmmomSD on Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

PinkFrog wrote:Bonnie never claimed to have to bought the toys. She said she came up with the idea and put the donation together. I think that was thoughtful.
She came up with the idea? Jared did two years ago.

Kaylor1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kaylor1 »

lmmomSD wrote:

Jared did the exact same thing. KMart sent them a bunch of toys, and he took them to Toys for Tots and acted all magnanimous dropping them off.

And when he did it, we roasted him here. How is that different from what Bonnie is doing? I know a lot of people like her better than him, but she should be held to the same standard.

I believe that was the same Christmas they got Jackson rock pillows, at that time the boys only had a very small amount of toys to play with and he didn't disclose to the company that he would donate the toys. I believe that's the biggest difference.
I like the idea of donation the toys, I dont like that she showed how disappointed Cody was. I think she should have had an off camera conversation to help Cody understand and maybe showed them packing the gifts up to be donated. I know he had a 100% normal child reaction but why gave footage it? Again that could be a form of exploitation YT is wanting her to stop.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

I don't have a problem collecting the toys throughout the year to donate. But don't make the title "donation from our family". Nothing about that donation came out of their pocket, in fact they're making money off of it.
Guess Momma can't part with her cash!
Bonnie shows time and time again that she is a true Griffith.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

The other part that bothers me is that she probably has received free PR stuff that she IS giving to her kids for Christmas - most YT families do (DailyBumps, ShayTards). I get lots of PR stuff through my job, so I know a lot of YTers aren't exactly truthful about what they get for free. I pretty much just expect all of YT in December to be "secret" ads - because they are.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

lmmomSD wrote:

I agree. I like Bonnie infinitely better than pretty much any other youtuber but I think "donation from my family" is a big stretch. I would be critical of Jared or Bryan or anyone else if they did this, and so I am disappointed in Bonnie too. Nice thought, nice thing to do, but the way it's being promoted--not so nice.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, when Jared did the Kmart thing they said that the company sent Jackson some toys they thought he would like... and he did! I don't recall them sending them to Jared for him to donate.

Plus I have no doubt that Codie will get some of the things he loved for Christmas. Jackson loved that Elmo and definitely didn't get one that year for Christmas.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Kaylor1 wrote: I believe that was the same Christmas they got Jackson rock pillows, at that time the boys only had a very small amount of toys to play with and he didn't disclose to the company that he would donate the toys. I believe that's the biggest difference.
I like the idea of donation the toys, I dont like that she showed how disappointed Cody was. I think she should have had an off camera conversation to help Cody understand and maybe showed them packing the gifts up to be donated. I know he had a 100% normal child reaction but why gave footage it? Again that could be a form of exploitation YT is wanting her to stop.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
YES! Jared was sent those toys for Jackson and Calvin, instead they got their kids 3 shitty presents and donated the cool toys that Jackson really, really liked. It's nothing at all like what Bonnie did. She refused to accept donations for her own children because they don't need them and she doesn't want to become a "toy channel. Instead she compromised and agreed to show the toys but to donate them. Her children are also not given 3 shitty presents each on Christmas, they are given an appropriate number of well thought out, nice presents. She also made sure to thank and name all of the companys that donated.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”