Bonnie and Joel: Pack-Cacking it | Part 13

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Pack-Cacking it | Part 13

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

HelloSweetie wrote:Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, when Jared did the Kmart thing they said that the company sent Jackson some toys they thought he would like... and he did! I don't recall them sending them to Jared for him to donate.

Plus I have no doubt that Codie will get some of the things he loved for Christmas. Jackson loved that Elmo and definitely didn't get one that year for Christmas.
YES! Jackson LOVED the toys, especially the Elmo and I think a Hot Wheels set. They were sent for Jackson, not to be donated.
menehune
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by menehune »

lmmomSD wrote:
crowmtmom78 wrote:Today's vlog is titled "Toy Donation from my Family" , but she tells that the toys were sent to her from toy companies to review. I am glad she isn't keeping them for her kids (there was ALOT) but how is that a donation from her family?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Jared did the exact same thing. KMart sent them a bunch of toys, and he took them to Toys for Tots and acted all magnanimous dropping them off.

No. That is not a donation from you. So don't take credit for it.
And when he did it, we roasted him here. How is that different from what Bonnie is doing? I know a lot of people like her better than him, but she should be held to the same standard.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Jared acted like he was saving the world by doing it for starters, plus he hadn't approached Kmart for that purpose... they sent him the toys and he featured them as a sponsor in the video. Pretty sure the toys were meant to be for their kids. There weren't duplicates of anything from what I recall.

It isn't different just because Bonnie did it. What she did IS different. She isn't showing the toys on a vlog and then just giving them away, when contacted she was up front with the brand and arranged for them to send the products for this video. It's no different from when Ellen does her big giveaways. She isn't paying for those products, but she is the one that put it all together and essentially "having a giveaway." This is different than donating one box of toys one time it was sent to you. She stores that stuff, arranged with the sponsor, etc. It was something nice.

Ellie and Jared wouldn't take so much shut for their giveaways if they didn't act like they were sacrificing so much, and didn't exploit others in the process.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

I don't see a problem with the donations themselves though I do think it's skeevy to monetize a vlog where you donate toys you didn't pay for to charity. End result is still that kids get toys and that's what really matters
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

menehune wrote:Jared acted like he was saving the world by doing it for starters, plus he hadn't approached Kmart for that purpose... they sent him the toys and he featured them as a sponsor in the video. Pretty sure the toys were meant to be for their kids. There weren't duplicates of anything from what I recall.

It isn't different just because Bonnie did it. What she did IS different. She isn't showing the toys on a vlog and then just giving them away, when contacted she was up front with the brand and arranged for them to send the products for this video. It's no different from when Ellen does her big giveaways. She isn't paying for those products, but she is the one that put it all together and essentially "having a giveaway." This is different than donating one box of toys one time it was sent to you. She stores that stuff, arranged with the sponsor, etc. It was something nice.

Ellie and Jared wouldn't take so much shut for their giveaways if they didn't act like they were sacrificing so much, and didn't exploit others in the process.
Sorry, but that BS!!! Do you know how PR companies work?? They send stuff to Bonnie's VERY PUBLICLY listed PO box!!!! It's exactly how Jared got stuff and how I get stuff! She even said she's been getting stuff all year - that's a RED FLAG that these are normal PR items sent, just like they are sent to ALL the other family vloggers. She's lying that she's been in contact with these companies and they "coordinated" this. BULLSHIT!
whatashitshow
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by whatashitshow »

Eh, I don't really care about the toy donation issue. She didn't try to say they bought they toys or anything and she was very open saying they were sent to her. I thought it was a nice thing to do and something she definitely didn't have to do.

What is everyone's guess on E&J gender reveal? Bonnie mentioned it at 11:00 min in and Ellie looked pretty giddy. Isn't she like 12 weeks along? I wonder if they did genetic testing and that is how they already know. And when do you think they video will go live since Bonnie shared that they know?
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

nutbagmcgee wrote:
Kaylor1 wrote: I believe that was the same Christmas they got Jackson rock pillows, at that time the boys only had a very small amount of toys to play with and he didn't disclose to the company that he would donate the toys. I believe that's the biggest difference.
I like the idea of donation the toys, I dont like that she showed how disappointed Cody was. I think she should have had an off camera conversation to help Cody understand and maybe showed them packing the gifts up to be donated. I know he had a 100% normal child reaction but why gave footage it? Again that could be a form of exploitation YT is wanting her to stop.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
YES! Jared was sent those toys for Jackson and Calvin, instead they got their kids 3 shitty presents and donated the cool toys that Jackson really, really liked. It's nothing at all like what Bonnie did. She refused to accept donations for her own children because they don't need them and she doesn't want to become a "toy channel. Instead she compromised and agreed to show the toys but to donate them. Her children are also not given 3 shitty presents each on Christmas, they are given an appropriate number of well thought out, nice presents. She also made sure to thank and name all of the companys that donated.
Ok. I will accept that.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

ewokfan11 wrote:
menehune wrote:Jared acted like he was saving the world by doing it for starters, plus he hadn't approached Kmart for that purpose... they sent him the toys and he featured them as a sponsor in the video. Pretty sure the toys were meant to be for their kids. There weren't duplicates of anything from what I recall.

Sorry, but that BS!!! Do you know how PR companies work?? They send stuff to Bonnie's VERY PUBLICLY listed PO box!!!! It's exactly how Jared got stuff and how I get stuff! She even said she's been getting stuff all year - that's a RED FLAG that these are normal PR items sent, just like they are sent to ALL the other family vloggers. She's lying that she's been in contact with these companies and they "coordinated" this. BULLSHIT!
Calm down. Others are also entitled to their opinion. Quite a few of the items were multiples. I don't think the companies are just sending out multiples of a lot of those items. If so, then I'm definitely glad Bonnie is donating them! I believe she was upfront with the companies that contacted her about a review and that's how she received so many. There is nothing to lie about.

How many of your items do you donate to charity?
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

HelloSweetie wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:

Calm down. Others are also entitled to their opinion. Quite a few of the items were multiples. I don't think the companies are just sending out multiples of a lot of those items. If so, then I'm definitely glad Bonnie is donating them! I believe she was upfront with the companies that contacted her about a review and that's how she received so many. There is nothing to lie about.

How many of your items do you donate to charity?
This was my thought too, why send multiples of each gift? Why would Bonnie publicly thank the sponsors if they weren't in on it? I think it is reaching to say these were sent to her for the kids and she is donating them.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

HelloSweetie wrote:Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, when Jared did the Kmart thing they said that the company sent Jackson some toys they thought he would like... and he did! I don't recall them sending them to Jared for him to donate.

Plus I have no doubt that Codie will get some of the things he loved for Christmas. Jackson loved that Elmo and definitely didn't get one that year for Christmas.
It was actually the top 10 or 20 toys that year that they could technically do anything with keep or give away as long as they showed them in the vlog. There were some toys for way older kids as well as more girl oriented toys like my little pony. Cullen and Katie also got the same box of toys from Kmart and gave the extras to family as presents and didn't donate them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BadWolf
Talker
Talker

Unread post by BadWolf »

I think some people need to focus their outrage elsewhere. Most companies reach out to make brand deals, they don't just randomly "cold call" and send their stuff out to family vloggers with no guarantee. The money isn't there like it is with TOY channels or videos likely to appear on the kids app.

I guess you could say the title was misleading and hate on that, but I thought she was very clear and open about what she was doing. I'm glad some kids in need will get those toys. I wish more YTers would do the same instead of just letting their kids play with the toys and then give them away when they tire of them. What she did is different that what Jared did from the sounds of it.

Just curious though, did C&K get any criticism for giving the remaining toys away to friends and family?
Last edited by BadWolf on Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:

It was actually the top 10 or 20 toys that year that they could technically do anything with keep or give away as long as they showed them in the vlog. There were some toys for way older kids as well as more girl oriented toys like my little pony. Cullen and Katie also got the same box of toys from Kmart and gave the extras to family as presents and didn't donate them.

Mg with her Elmo [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201712 ... 207498.jpg[/img]

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

I think she was upfront with the companies, other wise wouldn't the companies have been pressuring her all year for reviews? She said she had been collecting the items. And Im glad she's donating them, my issue is with the misleading title. Bonnie and fam didn't make a donation, they donated things that were already gifted to them. She was upfront in the video but the title was a blatant lie.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

The title is stupid. It’s not that hard to email a company to tell them they won’t review and instead they will donate it. She doesn’t deserve the credit of “toy donations from MY family”...she didn’t pay for them, she just collected them, which is not that difficult.

Also it makes me wonder if Bonnie was actually planning on doing this prior to demonetization? Remember she said she was cancelling all her plans/deals for December but since the demonetization she had to set up some more brand deals and she would be more busy than planned? Idk I don’t completely trust that she isn’t making money off this.

Regardless, she monetized the video and she’s taking credit for the donation (title), the views will give her cash, and she gets the good PR - so besides loosin some of her free time having to email companies and film, what did Bonnie loose here to be considers charity/donating from her family? . She’s actually gaining a lot from this video (more views and money while not having to actually give anything of her own besides time).

Even if she’s upfront in the video it’s still wrong to falsely advertise this as if they are donating it all themselves, she titled that to get the increase views (because like she said mama needs those views)

Wow I just repeated myself like 3 times in 3 different ways sorry, pregnancy/migraine brain right mow

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

gymchick43 wrote:The title is stupid. It’s not that hard to email a company to tell them they won’t review and instead they will donate it. She doesn’t deserve the credit of “toy donations from MY family”...she didn’t pay for them, she just collected them, which is not that difficult.

Also it makes me wonder if Bonnie was actually planning on doing this prior to demonetization? Remember she said she was cancelling all her plans/deals for December but since the demonetization she had to set up some more brand deals and she would be more busy than planned? Idk I don’t completely trust that she isn’t making money off this.

Regardless, she monetized the video and she’s taking credit for the donation (title), the views will give her cash, and she gets the good PR - so besides loosin some of her free time having to email companies and film, what did Bonnie loose here to be considers charity/donating from her family? . She’s actually gaining a lot from this video (more views and money while not having to actually give anything of her own besides time).

Even if she’s upfront in the video it’s still wrong to falsely advertise this as if they are donating it all themselves, she titled that to get the increase views (because like she said mama needs those views)

Wow I just repeated myself like 3 times in 3 different ways sorry, pregnancy/migraine brain right mow

You can dismiss it as not difficult, but few people make the effort to do so.

I don't think she was planning on keeping multiple Paw Patrol Towers when Boston already has one.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

HelloSweetie wrote:
gymchick43 wrote:The title is stupid. It’s not that hard to email a company to tell them they won’t review and instead they will donate it. She doesn’t deserve the credit of “toy donations from MY family”...she didn’t pay for them, she just collected them, which is not that difficult.

I don't think she was planning on keeping multiple Paw Patrol Towers when Boston already has one.
But couldn’t we also say the same for Ellie and Jared coming up with the idea , organizing and getting other people to donate for their IVF giveaway? But instead we are bashing them for self promoting and probably not giving as much money as it seems.

I still enjoy bonnies vlogs more than Ellie’s but I just had my eyes open to little pieces of her personality and it’s hard to go back. It’s like when Ellie started making little remarks here and there and people were still defending them on her board but I was like ImageImage

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

gymchick43 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:

But couldn’t we also say the same for Ellie and Jared coming up with the idea , organizing and getting other people to donate for their IVF giveaway? But instead we are bashing them for self promoting and probably not giving as much money as it seems.

I still enjoy bonnies vlogs more than Ellie’s but I just had my eyes open to little pieces of her personality and it’s hard to go back. It’s like when Ellie started making little remarks here and there and people were still defending them on her board but I was like ImageImage

When Bonnie starts asking for pleas and stories from the children in need, then I absolutely will hate on her for what she has done too. She collected toys and, I assume, will be giving them to an organization of some sort to hand out and decide who is most in need.

If E&J collected the donations and dropped a cheque off to the clinic and vlogged it I wouldn't be upset. It's how they go about exploiting others while doing it that I take issue with. Also how they seem to have adopted the IF identity from those people by association, but that is a different issue.
Nuna
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Nuna »

What Bonnie is doing and what Ellie and Jared are doing are two very different things. I give to charity every year, and do so without having to personally see or get to know those that are benefitting form the food, money, etc that I donate. I don't think Bonnie blatantly lied in the title unless she actually doesn't those toys away. Thats a stretch. Most of those toys were offered up to Bonnie's family, and they are passing them along instead of receiving them. Sure she isn't out the money for them, but her family is technically making the donation. I'm glad she pointed out all the free stuff that they are offered though, because maybe now viewers won't feel as obliged to send toys (or clothes!) to kids like Jackson and Calvin who don't seem to have as many and will realize that it is a parental decision.

Kids are going to benefit and have a happy Christmas. I believe that was Bonnie's motivation in doing this, and I don't see anything to hate on with that. She's right, her kids are very fortunate, and if she raises them knowing that then maybe they won't grow into entitled little YT brats like Bratayley.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

Here I go dragging this out- sorry! Just wanted to say that I think everything about Bonnie's vlog was fine (actually pretty nice) except for the title. That kind of put me off a bit. Otherwise, I'm glad they did what they did. I don't have any idea what Jared/other families have done in the past so I can't comment on that, but I do think the IVF grant thing is revolting. I don't think this toy donation is anything like that.
Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

I don't really care if Bonnie is also benefitting herself financially while doing a donation. At least some less fortunate kids will have a pleasant surprise during Christmas.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

At the end of the day, I think Bonnie had good intentions with the donation and little kids who wouldn’t be getting much for Christmas will now get to have a good Christmas with nice toys (and some parents will feel less pressure and guilt about not being able to afford a lot for Christmas for their kids) and Bonnie’s kids are learning a good lesson about giving and helping those less fortunate.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”