Samika Vlogs. Part #2

bam
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0

Re: Samika Vlogs. Part #2

Unread post by bam »

sun88 wrote:
snowbaby95 wrote:It seems like Jen has always considered herself non-white because she has family from Argentina. But ethnically she is mainly white. I think her ability to get tanner and her darker features have made her feel like she is more indigenous South American, but those traits can be Southern European, which she actually is a lot of.
I can´t see Jenn thinking negatively about that topic. My brother is a lot different than me and in a big family, people go their own ways. I like how Sam thinks and even though they are conversative (I am definitely a democrat) I can accept them for who they are because they don´t retweet bs and ignorant crap.
It is definitely easier to respect someone's beliefs if they're like Sam and Jen. Everyone's entitled to their own belief and opinion but if you know it's just gonna stir the pot and make others feel uncomfortable, just keep your mouth shut. On the other hand, some people's internet should be taken away.
xclairecameronx
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by xclairecameronx »

Man... Jenn seems SO stressed now with only two kids, imagine what it'll be like when there are 4 or 5 little ones running around...
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

xclairecameronx wrote:Man... Jenn seems SO stressed now with only two kids, imagine what it'll be like when there are 4 or 5 little ones running around...
I've really noticed that too in recent vlogs. Some people just aren't meant to (or want to) have a ton of kids - even if they are Mormon. I really feel bad for her situation and how some people force the "every child is a blessing" crap on people. NO! Every child is a lot of work, money and stress!

I can't imagine how much stress a third baby is going to cause her. Sam is a nice guy, but I have a feeling he might have to go back to "real" work next year. Then she'll be alone all day. Their views are TERRIBLE and this is their busiest time of the year for brand deals, etc. I don't think they will be on YT this time next year.
ja14
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ja14 »

I think they've said there's a chance this is their last kid, they only want 3-4.

Idk why you all think they struggle so much financially and that same needs a "real" job. What he is doing is a real job. Without YouTube, he still has a following on Twitter & Instagram. Social Influences and Social media is the primary form of marketing right now. And Sam does a really great job at he, he doesn't half ass it. He has also said the people he's worked with keep asking him to work with them again, so he's making clients happy.
I saw an interview with someone who is in charge of setting up these brand deals, and he said the basic rule of thumb is 100,000 followers = $100,000 yearly income.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

He says they're doing fine and that YouTube isn't their main income these days. I think he vlogs to keep people interested, but that as has been said, his main income is coming from advertising on other platforms. He's definitely good at it. And he knows which Yeezy shoes to buy to supplement, lol.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
ja14
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ja14 »

I think a lot of these Youtubers would be qualified to work other jobs if needed, it's just a matter of if they would want to or not lol. Daily Bumps for instance, Bryan could definitely get a job with his skills, but it's not going to support a lavish lifestyle & they wouldn't be front & center because they have never acting skills lol. He could work behind the scenes. Would he do that? Probably not.

littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

PJ’s voice sounds SO much like Noah’s in Jenn’s story! I’ve never heard a brother and sister sound so similar.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

They obviously aren't broke, but I do think YT and SM as a career is getting to be more of a gamble - and their channel hasn't grown much this past year. I'm guessing they are paid about $1000 (pre-tax/pre-management fees)/brand deal. That's OK $$$ if you get 5-6 a month, but you have to keep up the views to keep getting brand deals and sponsorships. Sam does a good job with their #ads, but it seems like they do struggle a bit with money if he's selling stuff on eBay.

Wasn't their entire point of waiting to have a 3rd baby because they DIDN'T have enough money and wanted to be more financially stable???
ja14
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ja14 »

I didn't take him selling stuff on eBay as they are scrapping for change, but rather getting rid of things he didn't use to put toward giveaways for their fans. He not selling stuff in eBay to pay for rent. And if they were in financial trouble, he wouldn't even be doing the giveaways.

I think their reasons for not having a third child was basically Jen being overwhelmed. Honestly, since they don't pay for childcare, a third little one won't make much of a difference to the budget.

boredmamaneedsdrama
Informer
Informer

Unread post by boredmamaneedsdrama »

ja14 wrote:I didn't take him selling stuff on eBay as they are scrapping for change, but rather getting rid of things he didn't use to put toward giveaways for their fans. He not selling stuff in eBay to pay for rent. And if they were in financial trouble, he wouldn't even be doing the giveaways.

I think their reasons for not having a third child was basically Jen being overwhelmed. Honestly, since they don't pay for childcare, a third little one won't make much of a difference to the budget.

He's not selling stuff to pay for rent but selling it for everything apart from rent.
I'm sure they're not scraping by, but I don't think they're doing too well either if Sam needs to hustle online to pay for trips and Christmas. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201712 ... a3c527.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201712 ... 3f530b.jpg[/img]
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I think it's shrewd. Those are _shoes_. And that one pair paid for a Disney World vacation. Most people can't afford trips like that, so I don't side eye a young couple not being able to afford a trip to Disney World without some juggling. So many vloggers make it look so normal to be taking these trips, it starts to seem weird if people have to save for them.

I wouldn't have any idea what shoes to buy and put away to sell later. I think he's got a real good sense of what will be popular.

snowbaby95
Informer
Informer

Unread post by snowbaby95 »

I don't think they need to sell Yeezys in order to pay for trips or Christmas, but it's a nice side way to make some extra cash so they don't have to use savings or their monthly income.

Like seriously if they really needed that he wouldn't be doing these giveaways, especially the baby Yeezys he's going to be giving away.
ja14
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ja14 »

I think him buying & selling stuff is just a fun hobby for him.

YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

I think it's kind of smart for him to do honestly. They may not have the money like other YouTubers, but I feel like they're fine (for now at least). If selling those shoes gets him that much money where he's able to pay for a trip to Disney & give him money to cover Christmas, then that's pretty awesome.
bam
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bam »

they resemble each other so much in this pic. can't wait to see what baby #3 would look like <3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

They sure make beautiful kids. They're both attractive, but not gorgeous. (I am not a super model either, lol) But man, they combine their genes beautifully!

thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

lmmomSD wrote:They sure make beautiful kids. They're both attractive, but not gorgeous. (I am not a super model either, lol) But man, they combine their genes beautifully!

I agree, I also think Sams sister, is her name Kristy? (however crazy she is) has beautiful girls!
bam
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bam »

thenightowl wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:They sure make beautiful kids. They're both attractive, but not gorgeous. (I am not a super model either, lol) But man, they combine their genes beautifully!

I agree, I also think Sams sister, is her name Kristy? (however crazy she is) has beautiful girls!
Samika's genes really are interesting! And yes I agree, Kristy's kids are all beautiful. Darby was so pretty in their latest vlog and Pippa has grown so much. Olive wasn't in it but dang her dimples!
sun88
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sun88 »

bam wrote:
thenightowl wrote:

Samika's genes really are interesting! And yes I agree, Kristy's kids are all beautiful. Darby was so pretty in their latest vlog and Pippa has grown so much. Olive wasn't in it but dang her dimples!
Olive is my favorite, I love her personality and she looks darling! I don´t think that Sam and Jenn are too bad looking, they are just currently young parents that lost a bit of focus and put the attention on their kiddos. Go back to their old vlogs and you´ll see that they are both actually pretty good looking. I guess it´s also in the eye of the beholder :)
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

sun88 wrote:
bam wrote:
thenightowl wrote: I agree, I also think Sams sister, is her name Kristy? (however crazy she is) has beautiful girls!
Olive is my favorite, I love her personality and she looks darling! I don´t think that Sam and Jenn are too bad looking, they are just currently young parents that lost a bit of focus and put the attention on their kiddos. Go back to their old vlogs and you´ll see that they are both actually pretty good looking. I guess it´s also in the eye of the beholder :)
Oh, I definitely don't mean that they are bad looking at all. They're attractive. But those kids are _gorgeous_. That picture of the two of them, from when they went to see Santa, is just so beautiful. They could model. Not saying that they should. Just that they could. And although Sam and Jenn are a good looking couple, I don't think they could be models. It's all surface stuff, anyway, and very shallow of me to even mention. And they are better than other vloggers (cough cough Bryan) who _act_ like their kids are going to be super models, and the next big Disney star, when they really are just average cute, and their behavior makes them less attractive.

Return to “Q-Z”