• Advertisement

C&K: Same Story, Different Day. Part #16

Re: C&K: Same Story, Different Day. Part #16

Postby 3BoysandaLilMiss » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:22 pm

askeptichere wrote:
3BoysandaLilMiss wrote:how many days behind are they? (its Thursday afternoon here as today's Vlog was of Monday right?

They are on a 2 day delay. The most recent vlog was filmed on Monday, and posted on Wednesday.

thanks I thought so I find it hard to work out sometimes as where almost an extra day ahead
I've noticed there not saying what day it is often (that's other Vlogger also) seem to be a way to use what ever footage on what ever day
3BoysandaLilMiss
Amateur

Advertisement

Postby lmmomSD » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:28 pm

Especially when it's the National Championship! It was a really big game. It wasn't just a regular game.
The whole thing is sketchy. Too sick to go to church Sunday (or do anything), but able to move a couch and party watching the game on Monday? Then Katie stayed home alone to watch her alma mater play in the national championship?
If my adult son was suffering from a "stomach flu" on Sunday, there is no way I would have him moving furniture for me, nor would I let him come over and drink and eat party food. Come over and watch the game, yeah. Drink and eat rich foods? Nope.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby zipadeedodah » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:09 am

workfromhomemom wrote:I think people are using the word drunk a bit too freely here. I saw magaritas when they were out eating Mexican, but that’s it. I think Katie stayed home to keep the kids on a schedule. The game lasted late I believe. Yes, I’ve been side eyeing Cullen lately, but using the word drunk every time he’s slightly obnoxious without proof is getting old. IF he is getting drunk often then they need to talk and get Cullen some help.

What’s up with this site?? I keep seeing the max users error message.
the game ended around 12:30 AM
zipadeedodah
Extreme Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:04 am

But why choose to "keep the kids on a schedule" the night of the national championship game of her alma mater? They haven't cared about keeping them on a schedule in the past. Even just last week, she was posting instastories of them all riled up past a "normal" bedtime for kids that age.
Not saying that it's out of the realm of possibility, just that it's odd to choose this particular night to decide to start keeping them on a schedule.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby auntasaurus19 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:47 am

I'm surprised by a lot of the comments on yesterday's vlog. Many of the comments are negative and viewers are definitely picking up on things being "off". I hate them being two days behind because I'm always interested to see how they act after they've read the comments on the vlog from the day before...
auntasaurus19
Talker

Postby workfromhomemom » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:41 am

lmmomSD wrote:But why choose to "keep the kids on a schedule" the night of the national championship game of her alma mater? They haven't cared about keeping them on a schedule in the past. Even just last week, she was posting instastories of them all riled up past a "normal" bedtime for kids that age.
Not saying that it's out of the realm of possibility, just that it's odd to choose this particular night to decide to start keeping them on a schedule.

The kids had school the next day, if I’m remembering right.
workfromhomemom
Gossiper

Postby madi_b_123 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:43 am

I saw in the comments that they “loved” one comment that said something like married people don’t have to be together 24 hours a day. When I checked again later, they removed they like. Typical snarky passive behavior by them. I kind of want to unsubscribe but I feel like something is about to go down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
madi_b_123
Informer

Postby Playsinrain » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:52 am

workfromhomemom wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:But why choose to "keep the kids on a schedule" the night of the national championship game of her alma mater? They haven't cared about keeping them on a schedule in the past. Even just last week, she was posting instastories of them all riled up past a "normal" bedtime for kids that age.

The kids had school the next day, if I’m remembering right.

I think someone pointed out that school is MWF which means they had school that day, but maybe only gymnastics Tuesday morning. Only explanation that i can think of is that they are trying to get the kids back on a regular schedule since Christmas break. I don't care if they let the kids stay up late while on break, hell i'm guilty of that myself. And they are the ones that have to deal with the consequences of overly tired kids the next day, not me. LOL! But maybe they are trying to get them back on track now. At least Katie is being proactive. Hell maybe she knew that if cullen was home there would be no way in hell those kids could have went to sleep and stayed asleep with his yelling about the ball game (I can't blame him for yelling, it was a yell inducing game from what heard in my own house lol) and told him to go to his mom's to watch. I can actually see that as something that she would do if she was trying to buckle down on the kids bedtime.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper

Postby FakingIt_MakingIt » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:59 am

I wouldn't side eye Cullen going alone to his moms to watch the game leaving Katie home with the kids as much if there wasn't all the other weird behaviour along with it. Sunday was strange, so sick they have to leave church but back to his normal self moving furniture, drinking and game watching the very next day? The obvious distance between them. Katie's cryptic posts. Cullen's ridiculous behaviour. All of it. Its strange.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Extreme Gossiper

Postby Playsinrain » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:14 am

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:I wouldn't side eye Cullen going alone to his moms to watch the game leaving Katie home with the kids as much if there wasn't all the other weird behaviour along with it. Sunday was strange, so sick they have to leave church but back to his normal self moving furniture, drinking and game watching the very next day? The obvious distance between them. Katie's cryptic posts. Cullen's ridiculous behaviour. All of it. Its strange.

I agree, something is weird and i'm NOT BUYING the stomach bug excuse. Sure, watch the game after a stomach bug, that doesn't bother me so much.. but instantpot nachos? Salmon? Just looking or smelling that kinda stuff would make me want to hurl the day after a stomach bug. Moving couches? Most times i'm so weak the next day its exhausting to even shower.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper

Postby Playsinrain » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:29 am

Ya'll... was Cullen even home at all today? He's NOWHERE to be seen in the vlog. I'm almost ready to think Katie told him to get his ass out of her house for a few days.. Maybe he's crashing at his mom's since Sunday? Maybe she got fed up with his shit after having to leave church early....
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper

Postby FakingIt_MakingIt » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:30 am

And no Cullen in Todays video, which should be footage from Tuesday right? So was he so hung over from the game night or is he not there? Katie spent the day with the kids, dinner alone with the kids, and the bed time routine.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Extreme Gossiper

Postby cottonblossom » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:04 am

Playsinrain wrote:Ya'll... was Cullen even home at all today? He's NOWHERE to be seen in the vlog. I'm almost ready to think Katie told him to get his ass out of her house for a few days.. Maybe he's crashing at his mom's since Sunday? Maybe she got fed up with his shit after having to leave church early....

This has crossed my mind as well, that maybe he’s not staying at their house right now. There is definitely something weird going on right now. I also noticed that the post that Katie put up on Instagram about a week ago about struggling and praying for others wasn’t “liked” by Cullen. Not saying he has to “like” every one of her posts, but if you look at her other posts, he’s liked almost every single one. Maybe he knew her post was directed towards him or their problems? Like many of you, I have been watching them for a long time and their dynamic is totally different these days. I’ve been thinking about when I noticed things changing and I feel like everything started going downhill when they moved to the new house.
cottonblossom
Amateur

Postby workfromhomemom » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:30 am

Today was really weird. Katie did an excellent job by herself and TBH it was nice not to see Cullen. Not a word was mentioned where he was or what he was doing etc. He probably wasn't feeling it. *gag*
workfromhomemom
Gossiper

Postby japaluvr » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:19 pm

Haven't watched today's vlog yet but Cullen and Katie both posted instastories with them being together with Brooks at a play place, then they got pho afterwards. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
japaluvr
Informer

Postby madi_b_123 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:33 pm

We are going to get no explanation about anything. They are just going to pretend nothing is wrong. So immature!

madi_b_123
Informer

Postby workfromhomemom » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:34 pm

Remember their vlogs on a 2 day delay.
workfromhomemom
Gossiper

Postby 3BoysandaLilMiss » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:45 pm

so Thursday is the 1st day we have seen them together since Friday/Saturday
maybe he was seeing Brooks? at the playcentre they where opposite sides of the room nowhere near each other
really seems like his been staying elsewhere (maybe with Britney as Corey is out of town?)
3BoysandaLilMiss
Amateur

Postby auntasaurus19 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:01 pm

I wonder if Cullen is butt hurt because people were saying he was annoying with the harmonica at the Mexican restaurant in the comments. Maybe he’s pitching a fit, like, “they think I’m annoying, I won’t be in the vlog” so mature.

auntasaurus19
Talker

Postby Playsinrain » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:30 pm

madi_b_123 wrote:We are going to get no explanation about anything. They are just going to pretend nothing is wrong. So immature!

It’s immature to not plaster your marital problems (if there are any) all over the Internet for all to see?? I don’t see It that way.

Vloggers and marital issues are a tricky thing. On one hand I want them to be honest in the situation, but then on the other, it’s not our business really. Sure they share A LOT online. They show us their lives every single day and sure if things have completely fallen apart and they are getting a divorce then yes, an explanation is needed. Do they have to hash out exactly what happend? No. I don’t think that is at all necessary. But of course they are going to have to explain what is going on in the vlogs. (Also, I’m not talking about c&k specifically, this is an across the board opinion. All vloggers) Marriage issues are very personal, can be upsetting, embarrassing and emotionally scarring. I just think just Bc they show us their life doesn’t mean they have to air all their dirty laundry. Plus if it’s something juicy enough, it will get out...

Also I would not be surprised if Cullen was staying with Britney. Something is up for sure.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper

Postby 100midas » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:34 pm

Who knows how it was in real life, but from their IG stories it looks like they were standing 20 feet away from each other playing on their phones while Brooks played. "Together", but not really together. And either way, it's obvious that they weren't anywhere near each other on whatever day the vlog was filmed. I don't wish anything bad on them but they're definitely distant from each other at the moment. I have a feeling Cullen's behavior has a lot to do with it.
100midas
Informer

Postby FakingIt_MakingIt » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:38 pm

auntasaurus19 wrote:I wonder if Cullen is butt hurt because people were saying he was annoying with the harmonica at the Mexican restaurant in the comments. Maybe he’s pitching a fit, like, “they think I’m annoying, I won’t be in the vlog” so mature.

Nah, if it was something as shallow as that he would have been ALLLLL over the next vlog with the dang harmonica.

I think something serious is going on, and I don't fault them for not sharing it. But I don't really agree with the pretending its all normal when its completely obvious its not. At this point it seems Cullen isn't even staying at the house. Honestly I would rather see them be honest and say "hey we are having some issues and need a break from vlogging". I could totally respect that, but I also understand this is currently their full time job. They've definitely put themselves in a crappy situation.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Extreme Gossiper

Postby madi_b_123 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:55 pm

I think it is immature to act passive-aggressively and make snarky comments about concerns viewers may have. They know that they are putting themselves out there and are opening themselves up to criticism. They can either ignore the comments all together or address them in a mature matter. As far as the marital problems, they could simply say “we are dealing with some stuff but we don’t want to hash it all out on YouTube” or they could simply make a tweet saying “We are having some personal issues and won’t be vlogging for the next few days.” I think liking comments on YouTube passive aggressively and then posting stuff together on social media to prove they are together is immature.

madi_b_123
Informer

Postby cynthiadancer » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:32 pm

Count me in for the people who are totally not buying the stomach bug explanation. I think they were just using it as an excuse for why he was not at Grand Dolly's with them. Katie and the kids go to Grand Dolly's alone... Cullen goes to Grand Berry's alone... I don't think that is a coincidence. Also, I don't normally watch the JKToday vlogs but happened to click on today's and Kelley is begging fans for help with a new intro... why can't Cullen help her? He's always helped her with youtube stuff before. I think there is a definite separation of some sort happening right now.
cynthiadancer
Amateur

Postby Scar2016 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:40 am

freshbalsam wrote:Maybe this is super far fetched but I thought it was telling how Brooks reacts when he sees Katie filming. Maybe he doesn’t enjoy having an inanimate object shoved in his face when he’s not feeling it and doesn’t know how to voice it, and that causes some of his picky behavior? Could be totally off and he’s just a cranky toddler but I mean... I’d hate a camera in my face everyday, too!

You are spot on. I've noticed SO many occasions where it is blindingly obvious that the kid HATES having a camera stuffed in his face. Katie has also said numerous times ''Oh gosh darnit, every time I pull the camera out and point it at him he starts whining.'' Katie, you're a child psychologist, it doesn't take much to make the connection.

What's interesting though is that I've also recently noticed both Cullen AND Katie's way of counteracting Brooks's whining when the camera is on him is to covertly film him. Therefore they absolutely do know Brooks doesn't like it but go-behind-his-back and film him without his knowledge. That's definitely respecting your child's wishes (not), especially when the child is non verbally but definitely audibly trying to tell you they do not give consent to being filmed. That's messed up and Brooks will not appreciate looking back and seeing it. Imagine if you covertly filmed an adult in a distressing or embarrassing situation, uploaded it to a public forum online (without their knowledge OR consent) and did so for monetary gain. That's what I hate about the lack of legislation for kids vs adults with all these family vloggers.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Scar2016
True Gossiper

PreviousNext

Return to Cullen and Katie