C&K: Same Story, Different Day. Part #16

madi_b_123
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: C&K: Same Story, Different Day. Part #16

Unread post by madi_b_123 »

We are going to get no explanation about anything. They are just going to pretend nothing is wrong. So immature!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

Remember their vlogs on a 2 day delay.
3BoysandaLilMiss
Talker
Talker

Unread post by 3BoysandaLilMiss »

so Thursday is the 1st day we have seen them together since Friday/Saturday
maybe he was seeing Brooks? at the playcentre they where opposite sides of the room nowhere near each other
really seems like his been staying elsewhere (maybe with Britney as Corey is out of town?)
auntasaurus19
Informer
Informer

Unread post by auntasaurus19 »

I wonder if Cullen is butt hurt because people were saying he was annoying with the harmonica at the Mexican restaurant in the comments. Maybe he’s pitching a fit, like, “they think I’m annoying, I won’t be in the vlog” so mature.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

madi_b_123 wrote:We are going to get no explanation about anything. They are just going to pretend nothing is wrong. So immature!

It’s immature to not plaster your marital problems (if there are any) all over the Internet for all to see?? I don’t see It that way.

Vloggers and marital issues are a tricky thing. On one hand I want them to be honest in the situation, but then on the other, it’s not our business really. Sure they share A LOT online. They show us their lives every single day and sure if things have completely fallen apart and they are getting a divorce then yes, an explanation is needed. Do they have to hash out exactly what happend? No. I don’t think that is at all necessary. But of course they are going to have to explain what is going on in the vlogs. (Also, I’m not talking about c&k specifically, this is an across the board opinion. All vloggers) Marriage issues are very personal, can be upsetting, embarrassing and emotionally scarring. I just think just Bc they show us their life doesn’t mean they have to air all their dirty laundry. Plus if it’s something juicy enough, it will get out...

Also I would not be surprised if Cullen was staying with Britney. Something is up for sure.
100midas
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 100midas »

Who knows how it was in real life, but from their IG stories it looks like they were standing 20 feet away from each other playing on their phones while Brooks played. "Together", but not really together. And either way, it's obvious that they weren't anywhere near each other on whatever day the vlog was filmed. I don't wish anything bad on them but they're definitely distant from each other at the moment. I have a feeling Cullen's behavior has a lot to do with it.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

auntasaurus19 wrote:I wonder if Cullen is butt hurt because people were saying he was annoying with the harmonica at the Mexican restaurant in the comments. Maybe he’s pitching a fit, like, “they think I’m annoying, I won’t be in the vlog” Image so mature.

Nah, if it was something as shallow as that he would have been ALLLLL over the next vlog with the dang harmonica.

I think something serious is going on, and I don't fault them for not sharing it. But I don't really agree with the pretending its all normal when its completely obvious its not. At this point it seems Cullen isn't even staying at the house. Honestly I would rather see them be honest and say "hey we are having some issues and need a break from vlogging". I could totally respect that, but I also understand this is currently their full time job. They've definitely put themselves in a crappy situation.
madi_b_123
Informer
Informer

Unread post by madi_b_123 »

I think it is immature to act passive-aggressively and make snarky comments about concerns viewers may have. They know that they are putting themselves out there and are opening themselves up to criticism. They can either ignore the comments all together or address them in a mature matter. As far as the marital problems, they could simply say “we are dealing with some stuff but we don’t want to hash it all out on YouTube” or they could simply make a tweet saying “We are having some personal issues and won’t be vlogging for the next few days.” I think liking comments on YouTube passive aggressively and then posting stuff together on social media to prove they are together is immature.

cynthiadancer
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by cynthiadancer »

Count me in for the people who are totally not buying the stomach bug explanation. I think they were just using it as an excuse for why he was not at Grand Dolly's with them. Katie and the kids go to Grand Dolly's alone... Cullen goes to Grand Berry's alone... I don't think that is a coincidence. Also, I don't normally watch the JKToday vlogs but happened to click on today's and Kelley is begging fans for help with a new intro... why can't Cullen help her? He's always helped her with youtube stuff before. I think there is a definite separation of some sort happening right now.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

freshbalsam wrote:Maybe this is super far fetched but I thought it was telling how Brooks reacts when he sees Katie filming. Maybe he doesn’t enjoy having an inanimate object shoved in his face when he’s not feeling it and doesn’t know how to voice it, and that causes some of his picky behavior? Could be totally off and he’s just a cranky toddler but I mean... I’d hate a camera in my face everyday, too!
You are spot on. I've noticed SO many occasions where it is blindingly obvious that the kid HATES having a camera stuffed in his face. Katie has also said numerous times ''Oh gosh darnit, every time I pull the camera out and point it at him he starts whining.'' Katie, you're a child psychologist, it doesn't take much to make the connection.

What's interesting though is that I've also recently noticed both Cullen AND Katie's way of counteracting Brooks's whining when the camera is on him is to covertly film him. Therefore they absolutely do know Brooks doesn't like it but go-behind-his-back and film him without his knowledge. That's definitely respecting your child's wishes (not), especially when the child is non verbally but definitely audibly trying to tell you they do not give consent to being filmed. That's messed up and Brooks will not appreciate looking back and seeing it. Imagine if you covertly filmed an adult in a distressing or embarrassing situation, uploaded it to a public forum online (without their knowledge OR consent) and did so for monetary gain. That's what I hate about the lack of legislation for kids vs adults with all these family vloggers.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

twinnotwo71 wrote:I understand if Katie wanted to make sure the kids got to bed early. But I have never seen them not watch a game together, except in cases of sickness. I don't wonder why she didn't go with Cullen, but rather, why didn't he stay home with her? I'm genuinely concerned about them. I think it would be terrible if their marriage fell apart. I've watched them since Gaines was three months old. I like them a lot.
Of course it would be terrible if their marriage fell apart but what you have to consider is how lazy these two are and it's not too much of a stretch to see that their procrastinating ways most likely follow through into their marriage. Marriage is hard work and if you don't work at it it suffers. I just can't see these two putting in the leg work let alone the ground work to fix whatever it is that's going on.

I also think that Cullen having a new drinking buddy (his sister) in town and one who doesn't appear to have matured one iota since her prison spell, is a recipe for more conflict and wedge making between Cullen and Katie. Not in the sense that Katie resents him partying per se, more in the sense that both of them are already lazy, so throw in Cullen's possible hangovers and Katie's having to pull up the slack parenting wise, they'll get even less done and that will definitely piss Katie off if there are already underlying problems in their marriage. Him not having to get up at 6 or 7am every morning to get to a day job also doesn't bode well for pulling back on partying as in his mind I think he's already transitioned to feeling as though he's on perpetual vacation.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

I'm hoping for something more scandalous than just a divorce tbh but something is definitely going on
auntasaurus19
Informer
Informer

I know they only show a short excerpt of their day but in my opinion, over time, the viewers gain great insight into the dynamics of their relationship.

What does Cullen really do besides editing the vlogs and minimal "outside chores"? They've said in past vlogs they have a lawn service, so the only "chores" he really has is blowing leaves, cutting limbs, etc. and decorating outdoors for holidays. The gender roles are real with this couple, i.e. Katie does "inside chores", Cullen does "outside chores". Katie cooks in the kitchen, Cullen cooks on the grill. When was the last time we saw Cullen cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc?

I don't think Katie is perfect but she has got to be worn down from the weight of running a household on her shoulders with little to no help from her lazy STAY AT HOME spouse. The resentfulness she harbors has got to be through the roof.

Side note: I just watched the JK today vlog and Kelley mentioned she has had a stressful week because she has been carrying burdens for herself and her friends. At the end she reveals she has to have a skin cancer removed, her friend was diagnosed with breast cancer, which are both terrible. But it made me wonder if some of those burdens have to do with what Katie and Cullen are going through... total speculation, of course.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

auntasaurus19 wrote:I know they only show a short excerpt of their day but in my opinion, over time, the viewers gain great insight into the dynamics of their relationship.

What does Cullen really do besides editing the vlogs and minimal "outside chores"? They've said in past vlogs they have a lawn service, so the only "chores" he really has is blowing leaves, cutting limbs, etc. and decorating outdoors for holidays. The gender roles are real with this couple, i.e. Katie does "inside chores", Cullen does "outside chores". Katie cooks in the kitchen, Cullen cooks on the grill. When was the last time we saw Cullen cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc?

I don't think Katie is perfect but she has got to be worn down from the weight of running a household on her shoulders with little to no help from her lazy STAY AT HOME spouse. The resentfulness she harbors has got to be through the roof.

Side note: I just watched the JK today vlog and Kelley mentioned she has had a stressful week because she has been carrying burdens for herself and her friends. At the end she reveals she has to have a skin cancer removed, her friend was diagnosed with breast cancer, which are both terrible. But it made me wonder if some of those burdens have to do with what Katie and Cullen are going through... total speculation, of course.
I thought the same when I watched the JK vlog.

And I agree that it’s bullshit when vloggers use the excuse of “you only see 15 minutes of our day. You don’t really know everything.” Yeah it’s only 15 minutes, but after 15 minutes every day for 6 years, you get a pretty good idea of what is going on and can tell when something is up.

auntasaurus19
Informer
Informer

I have to keep in mind that the footage we see today will be from Wednesday. So after they’ve read comments about Katie going to Grandolly’s alone on Sunday and Cullen to his mom’s house alone for the game... totally expecting some passive aggressive remarks in the vlog today.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

RootBeerFloatie wrote:I'm hoping for something more scandalous than just a divorce tbh but something is definitely going on
I could not "hope" that anyone has issues like that, especially a family with two small kids. That just makes me sad.. :( Seeing people bad on them breaks my heart.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

*wish bad ^ oops..
100midas
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 100midas »

Playsinrain wrote:
RootBeerFloatie wrote:I'm hoping for something more scandalous than just a divorce tbh but something is definitely going on
I could not "hope" that anyone has issues like that, especially a family with two small kids. That just makes me sad.. :( Seeing people bad on them breaks my heart.
Agreed. I'm not a huge fan of them anymore but divorce or anything "more scandalous" isn't something to hope for. Yeah, it may be fun to gossip about a scandal but it would rock those kids' world, Gaines especially, and that's much more important than forum chitchat.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

I wish that they would take some time away from YouTube, get back into a more healthy routine and mindset and figure their lives out. They used to come across as SO into each other. I really think Cullen, or both if needed/wanted, should return to work. A regular job with hours he has to show up. I think that structure would do wonders for their entire family. Other then Mother’s Day out they really have no structure. There’s no motivation to get up at a decent hour, to get ready, to go to bed at a decent hour. Their lives are one long vacation and it’s not healthy.
I hope they get their groove back.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I don't wish them ill. Not at all. I don't even wish bad things on Bryan and Missy, except for the downfall of their channel that would hopefully make them wake up to what's really important. But that's another story. These two are already having problems with the channel, as much as they might be pretending otherwise. I agree that they should take some time away from YouTube. But I doubt they will, because they need the money from the daily vlogs. I don't think they have money saved up to enable them to take a break.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Return to “Cullen and Katie”