DailyBumps100ThreadsOfClickbait (Part 100!)

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: DailyBumps100ThreadsOfClickbait (Part 100!)

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Lovethesnark wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Oh, that's so sad. But that's why you don't go around telling EVERYONE, including several hundred thousand subscribers, that you're pregnant before the first trimester is over. I do feel bad for them. But I am betting that the vlog about it is monetized.

On a completely different topic, my daughter and I went to the mall today, and there's a Restoration Hardware Outlet. Less than an hour away from B&M. Of course, they wouldn't be caught dead at the outlet, but I chuckled anyway.

And they shouldn't be piling kids on that horse. They don't know him. Stupid.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I've always thought it was shitty to criticize a couple for announcing their pregnancies early. It's their baby. If they want the world to know about it, what does it matter to anyone else?
I can see your point. But with vloggers, there's _always_ a bit of a money/views motivation. If an average couple wants to tell everyone, I agree that it's their business and that if they want to share it with friends and family, that is their choice. But I question these people. They're the ones who pretended their house was flooded, forcing them to leave, after the hurricane in Houston-- when in reality, it was just a little backyard flood, and they were leaving town anyway. And never apologized to all the people who called them out on it.And they're the ones doing all the fake "Justin Bieber FaceTime" vlogs. When Justin Bieber has never and probably will never FaceTime them. So I do question their motives. Especially when they run two ads in the "miscarriage" video. If she is just 12 weeks, and they had waited until the second trimester, it's not necessarily true that they would have had to announce anything. That's just barely into the second trimester.

I don't doubt that they wanted this baby. And I do feel bad for them. It's not something I wish on anyone. I especially feel bad for the girls, because it's harder for them to understand.

Sorry-- I know this isn't their thread.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

DidEyeSayIt wrote:
Chasing Stars wrote:
onbreak wrote:She showed the yes+ on her pregnancy test. I believe her.

I think the mothers day vlog with e+j was fake

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
I also think the MD pregnancy announcement was a late period rather than miscarriage. But I think they announce asap and then if they have a miscarriage they want views (views from pregnancy announcement and miscarriage. I can’t believe that I actually used to like these people 3 years ago)
Who is MD? Now I am curious! Haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ellie and Jared took a test on Mother’s Day and phoned all their infertility friends to share the happy news. The test was photoshopped though, so speculation is that they faked the pregnancy to promote Clear Blue tests. That, or it was a chemical pregnancy.

Actually pregnant or not, they were reckless and selfish in how they promoted it.

100midas
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by 100midas »

Lovethesnark wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Oh, that's so sad. But that's why you don't go around telling EVERYONE, including several hundred thousand subscribers, that you're pregnant before the first trimester is over. I do feel bad for them. But I am betting that the vlog about it is monetized.

On a completely different topic, my daughter and I went to the mall today, and there's a Restoration Hardware Outlet. Less than an hour away from B&M. Of course, they wouldn't be caught dead at the outlet, but I chuckled anyway.

And they shouldn't be piling kids on that horse. They don't know him. Stupid.

I've always thought it was shitty to criticize a couple for announcing their pregnancies early. It's their baby. If they want the world to know about it, what does it matter to anyone else?
Agreed. I don't like the Johnsons so I'm not defending them specifically but by that logic no one should tell anyone about anything, because there's always a chance something could go wrong or fall through. Of course when they find out they're going to be happy and excited and not expect to lose the baby.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
coolusername1236
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by coolusername1236 »

I think Bryan said "Holy Hell", or he just said "Holy- How?"

I heard Ollie asking questions in the background! What if he's actually uncomfortable about asking questions to M&B?

Missy probably braids Nacho's hair so much because she doesn't have a daughter to do it with

"The horse that keeps me safe."? "My little man."? What happened to Bryan, Finn, and Ollie?
MadeHD
Talker
Talker

Unread post by MadeHD »

I'm super bored with most vloggers. I've been Trying to find something decent but no luck. This just isn't vlogging anymore!
Drama King: any male that makes a big deal over a nonissue.
also any male that never shuts up and always has to be the center of attention.

"Drama Kings and Queens of Idaho"
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

jaynshann wrote:I am confused who showed a
"Yes" on their test?

Johnson Fam

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

queentee20 wrote:i think the point immomSD was trying to make (I might be wrong) but at least I see it this way is that these Vloggers usually announce their pregnancies because $$$ And they know if they have a miscarriage it brings even MORE $$$ so they announce it knowing no matter what happens they’re making $$$. That’s why the Johnsons have not 1 but 3 ads in their miscarriage video. I’m not saying they don’t have feelings or it isn’t sad because IT IS. I feel horrible for them but we know they do everything with the intention of making money.... nothing is really genuine with them, it’s all about the paycheck. They wouldn’t have 3 ads in the video if it weren’t for the money... I hope that makes sense. I’m not trying to say they don’t care or anything but money is a HUGE motivator in why they announce early and why they tell people when they miscarry.
Thank you. Yes. Like I said in my response earlier, if a "normal" couple wants to announce early, and share it with their family and friends, and share the pain too, if something goes wrong, that is absolutely their choice, and I wouldn't criticize it at all. But especially with clickbaiters like these people, there's definitely a money motivation.
And that doesn't mean that I think they didn't want this baby, or that they are really heartbroken. But THREE ads? Side eyeing that.

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

queentee20 wrote:i think the point immomSD was trying to make (I might be wrong) but at least I see it this way is that these Vloggers usually announce their pregnancies because $$$ And they know if they have a miscarriage it brings even MORE $$$ so they announce it knowing no matter what happens they’re making $$$. That’s why the Johnsons have not 1 but 3 ads in their miscarriage video. I’m not saying they don’t have feelings or it isn’t sad because IT IS. I feel horrible for them but we know they do everything with the intention of making money.... nothing is really genuine with them, it’s all about the paycheck. They wouldn’t have 3 ads in the video if it weren’t for the money... I hope that makes sense. I’m not trying to say they don’t care or anything but money is a HUGE motivator in why they announce early and why they tell people when they miscarry.
They don't need to announce the pregnancy to share a miscarriage. A miscarriage will draw just as much attention with or without an announcement. Look at April and Justin for example. Their miscarriage video is their most popular and they didn't announce or hint at a pregnancy. It doesn't matter. It's just a shitty thing to say after someone has lost their baby.
DidEyeSayIt
Talker
Talker

Unread post by DidEyeSayIt »

The way I feel is that a lot of these vloggers see any type of big announcement as dollar signs. Pregnant. They might as well announce it ASAP to bring the money in. Miscarriage, share that for more money. I mean, any miscarriage is obviously unfortunate, but ultimately also means more views/money. Not as much as an actual birth, but still, money.

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

I announced my pregnancies fairly early and would do the same with a 3rd. You never know what will happen, you could lose the baby at 8 weeks or 40 weeks or even due to sids after the baby is born. After 8 weeks it’s normally safe to announce as risk of miscarriage goes way down. The poor woman was 12 weeks. Sure they jumped the gun on telling the kids but they had no reason to believe something would happen due to only being pregnant twice and both times being successful. I don’t see a need in bringing someone down when they had such a sad loss. Poor Talia looked completely defeated and lost in their video.

DidEyeSayIt
Talker
Talker

queentee20 wrote:
Lovethesnark wrote:
They don't need to announce the pregnancy to share a miscarriage. A miscarriage will draw just as much attention with or without an announcement. Look at April and Justin for example. Their miscarriage video is their most popular and they didn't announce or hint at a pregnancy. It doesn't matter. It's just a shitty thing to say after someone has lost their baby.
Do you not read before you type? NO ONE is saying they CANT announce. They can do whatever tf they want, all we’re saying is that their motivation is MONEY... they’re about MONEY. Yes they’re real people and it’s horrible but also they aren’t GOOD people. They’ve done HORRIBLE things proving that they don’t care about other feelings’ just paychecks. I don’t like the Johnsons at all but I do feel for them, 12 weeks is a horrible time to lose a baby, they had ultrasounds done and announced a due date! But again, they’re motivated by money... anyone who can’t see passed that is extremely naive
I agree with you both. It’s kind of interesting because I was just thinking... my husband and I are trying for baby number two. Have been for 9 months but anyways, when I think of having another baby I think about how expensive babies are and the medical costs... but vloggers are totally different. They seem to have babies to MAKE money! I find myself questioning, do they realllly even want a baby or do they want the money and attention?

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

queentee20 wrote:
Lovethesnark wrote:
Do you not read before you type? NO ONE is saying they CANT announce. They can do whatever tf they want, all we’re saying is that their motivation is MONEY... they’re about MONEY. Yes they’re real people and it’s horrible but also they aren’t GOOD people. They’ve done HORRIBLE things proving that they don’t care about other feelings’ just paychecks. I don’t like the Johnsons at all but I do feel for them, 12 weeks is a horrible time to lose a baby, they had ultrasounds done and announced a due date! But again, they’re motivated by money... anyone who can’t see passed that is extremely naive
I don't give a damn if they sell autographed copies of the ultrasound. It's their baby. They can announce their pregnancy whenever they want to or whatever reason they want to. That doesn't give anyone the right to say when they should or shouldn't announce. To say they shouldn't have announced because she miscarried is fucked up. It doesn't matter what you think of them or their motivations.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:I announced my pregnancies fairly early and would do the same with a 3rd. You never know what will happen, you could lose the baby at 8 weeks or 40 weeks or even due to sids after the baby is born. After 8 weeks it’s normally safe to announce as risk of miscarriage goes way down. The poor woman was 12 weeks. Sure they jumped the gun on telling the kids but they had no reason to believe something would happen due to only being pregnant twice and both times being successful. I don’t see a need in bringing someone down when they had such a sad loss. Poor Talia looked completely defeated and lost in their video.

We're not talking about you. Or anyone who isn't a YouTuber. This is the third and last time I am going to say this. Anyone who isn't posting clickbait BS videos for money are welcome to share their pregnancies- I would _never_ criticize their choice, especially after a loss. And I do feel bad for the girls, and Jeff and Natalia. Of course I do. This sucks, no matter who you are. But I also think they had dollar signs in their eyes posting vlogs about the baby right away. And taking small children to the viability scan, and filming them there-- Ellie and Jared did that, and got bad news. Poor Jackson had to see that. He's only four. I don't think that is ok. But I'm the "shitty" one?
People need to stop personalizing things we say about vloggers.

cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

I was happy to see a straightforward vlog title from the Johnsons, at least. Nothing overly clickbaity. Can’t give them too much credit (sounds like it was still monetized), but I did think it was more appropriate than other titles they’ve used in the past. I was surprised when they announced that early (not commenting on whether they should or shouldn’t have - just surprised me) and hoping it would go well, especially because the girls seemed so thrilled about the baby.

jaynshann
Informer
Informer

Unread post by jaynshann »

onbreak wrote:
jaynshann wrote:I am confused who showed a
"Yes" on their test?

Johnson Fam

Oh got it sorry l got lost. I mentioned E+J and Sam and Nia so l was thrown... sorry

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

queentee20 wrote:
Lovethesnark wrote:
I don't give a damn if they sell autographed copies of the ultrasound. It's their baby. They can announce their pregnancy whenever they want to or whatever reason they want to. That doesn't give anyone the right to say when they should or shouldn't announce. To say they shouldn't have announced because she miscarried is fucked up. It doesn't matter what you think of them or their motivations.
Are you here just looking to fight with someone online? Where did I ever say they shouldn’t announce? I NEVER SAID THAT. Go look for drama somewhere else... or go back to elementary and learn how to read because you’re obviously not reading what I’m posting.

My biggest pet peeve on here is when people LIE or put words in my mouth. Read more carefully before you start chewing out the wrong people.
Your posts are always combative. You seem to thrive on drama. No one is putting words into your mouth.
3BoysandaLilMiss
Talker
Talker

Unread post by 3BoysandaLilMiss »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:I announced my pregnancies fairly early and would do the same with a 3rd. You never know what will happen, you could lose the baby at 8 weeks or 40 weeks or even due to sids after the baby is born. After 8 weeks it’s normally safe to announce as risk of miscarriage goes way down. The poor woman was 12 weeks. Sure they jumped the gun on telling the kids but they had no reason to believe something would happen due to only being pregnant twice and both times being successful. I don’t see a need in bringing someone down when they had such a sad loss. Poor Talia looked completely defeated and lost in their video.

Plus she had an ultrasound a few weeks ago and baby was all well and good with a heartbeat :(
so this would of come as a shock as things where well she was completely broken

I did with #1 and 2
then had a miscarriage
so people after 12wks with #3
then had a miscarriage
and didn't tell most people about #4 until after 25wks in some cases after she was born

its everyone's personal choice when or when not to announce a pregnancy and no one should say otherwise
3BoysandaLilMiss
Talker
Talker

Unread post by 3BoysandaLilMiss »

Jeff on the other hand while yes would be upset/heartbroken about it
his can also see the $$ and is using it for that also....
DidEyeSayIt
Talker
Talker

queentee20 wrote:All of that distracted me from the reason I even came here today, so I’m having to rewatch the vlog. YAY MORE MONEY FOR NACHO TO GET A GIRLFRIEND!

Oh yeah so notice how someone mentioned they still had that Santa on the chicken coop. And today missy talks about it...

Also, why does she think getting a ladder and taking it down is SOOOOO much work?

Get a ladder, take it down, done....

What’s so difficult about that? I seriously can’t with these two...

Editing to say: SHE’S VLOGGING AND RIDING HER HORSE... uuuuuh ITS A HORSE!! What if it gets scared and throws her off, she should be paying attention to her horse not the vlog. Do they not have any sense of safety?!
I was also annoyed about the whole stupid Santa thing on the coop. Like, you have NO job. How can she always say she is busy?! Busy going out to eat, tootling around and watching movies. Real busy.

DidEyeSayIt
Talker
Talker

I think a lot of people are missing the point about the whole announcement thing. My personal opinion is that a lot of these vloggers see pregnancy a business move to make money and that’s what bothers me.

Return to “Daily Bumps”