When did his sister get out of jail?
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: C&K: The 'D' Word. Part #17

Unread post by askeptichere »

actuallydear wrote:When did his sister get out of jail?
October

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

HashtagBlessed wrote:
Kaylor1 wrote:Besides drug use, infidelity and physical abuse what would you consider unforgivable?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Those are the major betrayals that come to mind. Like, sometimes my husband forgets things and it grates on my nerves and I have a moment of, "This is ridiculous! I will not live like this!" overreaction, but in order for it to be "unforgivable" and not just your average run-of-the-mill annoyance, I would think it would need to be lying about infidelity, drug abuse, or another type of abuse, whether it's physical or emotional. For me, "unforgivable" has to do with breaking trust, because once you can no longer trust your partner, it's very hard to regain that. I think that whatever has happened has lead Katie to lose respect for him, and that's why she comes across as condescending and contemptuous, which is also another big red flag.

They mention in the video that they're looking for a new therapist, because as Cullen put it they're about to get really intimate with their problems and he needs to be more comfortable with their therapist than he is with the current one. To me, that sounds like Cullen is about to own up to some things that carry a lot of guilt and shame, and he can't go there with their current therapist for whatever reason.

The way they talk about it, it's clear that Cullen is the one that "needs work" and Katie isn't so much in the wrong. I don't know the intimate details of their marriage, so I can't say one way or the other. But that's definitely the vibe they're giving off. We don't know exactly what happened. Maybe what Cullen did or said was unforgivable. We only know that they choose to share, which is obviously going to be filtered to portray them in a certain light.
My guess is they need a different therapist because they are about to start talking about sex more. If a couple isn’t having sex, it leads to all kinds of other frustrations and issues with disconnection. It gets DEEP.

And no, it doesn’t have to be cheating that Katie is done with. I went through a rough patch with my husband when he was struggling and his general frustration and cloudy moods made our home an uncomfortable and hostile environment. It took a long time to recover from that and the terrible things he was willing to say when angry. Then again, that goes both ways and it sound like Katie is given it to Cullen just as bad as he has to her... even if she isn’t prepared to admit it.

I don’t think Katie is angry enough for it to have been an affair. She seems annoyed that he’s struggling and like he’s somehow stealing the attention she should have gotten with her alleged PPD.

lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

askeptichere wrote:I hate that they used a clickbait title on this video.

Otherwise, I’m glad that we were wrong that they were too lazy to seek professional help. I’m glad Cullen has been seeing a psychiatrist and they have been going to marriage counseling.

It’s kind of shocking how little Katie seemed to know about depression. She didn’t notice the signs in herself, and didn’t seem to realize it was what Cullen was going through either. I wonder how much bad advice she gave to past clients based on lack of knowledge.

Katie isn't a therapist I believe. She got her PhD in Psychology, which is something different from becoming a therapist = clinical psychologist, which is 4-5 yrs becoming a therapist after the study of Psychology. So both take as long, but with different content/subject.

Katie mentioned she had to learn to be more understandable of Cullen :?
Floofy
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Floofy »

What I got...
thank goodness Katie is there csause she knows IT ALL.......

Its all Grandberry's fault.......

Cullen isnt living at home....

and finally Katie figured out she would have to return to work if she divorces Cullen
asv0204
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by asv0204 »

askeptichere wrote:
actuallydear wrote:When did his sister get out of jail?
October

What did she do? I didn't know that

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk
prettypink-dreamer
Informer
Informer

Unread post by prettypink-dreamer »

Slightly Off topic but dayyyyym Cullen looks good haha

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

I don’t think there was infidelity. Cullen said he was numb and did not care. He wanted to be alone. Katie needs constant reassurance of his love with lots of physical affection. I am thinking she likes PDA. If you crave that and your spouse withdrawals to solitude you may feel you are done. He seemed to be saying he was so numb and uncaring that he would prefer to be done because there was no point. I hope they get through this rough time and get themselves back on tract mentally and emotionally.

sw121314
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by sw121314 »

prettypink-dreamer wrote:Slightly Off topic but dayyyyym Cullen looks good Image haha

ImageImageImage

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
asv0204
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by asv0204 »

prettypink-dreamer wrote:Slightly Off topic but dayyyyym Cullen looks good Image haha

He does!! ImageImage

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk
Mk1
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mk1 »

actuallydear wrote:^ I think it's worth watching. And I don't watch them anymore.
Liz_444 wrote:So what is too late? The marriage or youtube?

Sorry, didn't watch it.
I'm still watching, so can't say the outcome. So far: Cullen has talked about his depression and his treatment, Katie has talked about her PPD, they've said their marriage has been very rocky and they have said they've told each other they were done multiple times, but they're trying to work through it with counseling - not church counseling, but actual marriage counseling. They've said it's an uphill battle. Katie said Cullen was away for a few days and wrote her a letter. They've said there are certain things they've been through in their marriage, but don't want to share on YT.
Definitely watch it. I think they were being honest and raw. They did say that they were going to keep some things private, but I think both owned up to some things and it sounds like it took so long for Cullen and Katie to both come to terms with Cullen’s issues because he was having to be the caregiver for Katie who was medicated for PPD after Brooks.
Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

Floofy wrote:What I got...

and finally Katie figured out she would have to return to work if she divorces Cullen
He moved out? Wow! I can’t bring myself to watch the video! Too Sad in my book!

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Baconsgirl wrote:

They didn’t exactly say he moved out. That he had spent some hours and even days away from home but never that he had actually moved out or that he currently isn’t at home.
3BoysandaLilMiss
Talker
Talker

Unread post by 3BoysandaLilMiss »

I think it was honest and raw
but I understand wanting to keep some things to themselves
I'm glad they have/are both receiving medical treatment and seeing professionals
and trying to work it out they have a long way to go but I do wish them all the best with it
as it sounds like they where at that point of being done if he/they didn't get help
Mk1
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mk1 »

Really hoping they are able to turn things around. I am feeling a little heartbroken for them. Honestly, when Cullen cried I just wanted to be able to reach through the screen and give him a hug.
staceyeileen
Informer
Informer

Unread post by staceyeileen »

Baconsgirl wrote:

I did not get the impression that he moved out. They said he had spent some time away over the past few weeks or months. Katie said hours, or sometimes days. She basically confirmed the times where we all wondered why they were vlogging separately (like the football game), and she said she tried to continue vlogging liked nothing has happened.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk
cynthiadancer
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by cynthiadancer »

Curious to see the vlog of the McWane Center. Does anyone remember which one it was?
sunshine lollipops2
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by sunshine lollipops2 »

My thoughts are he cheated ages ago, kept it to himself for a while until it ate him up inside and then confronted her back in September. Keeping something like that to yourself can screw your head up. He said he was annoyed and angry and i think that has to do with the affair (if he had one) and keeping it
Yourself.
For Katie to say unforgivable as someone said earlier that is more than just frustration at someone. This is either drug abuse or an affair. I also get the impression he is done and wants out but because is wanting to work it out only for the kids

nc_mom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nc_mom »

I won't even click on the vlog...especially since so many commented about the click bait...makes you feel like a fool. The big question: Why are they still on youTube broadcasting to a world of strangers all of their dirty laundry? Is nothing sacred? That's why I don't believe any of it...I think it's all for views and subscribers. No one in their right mind would take an issue so very private, personal and sensitive and record it for the internet knowing eventually their children will not only see it but so will all their friends and neighbors! I'm not buying any of it at all!
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

nc_mom wrote:I won't even click on the vlog...especially since so many commented about the click bait...makes you feel like a fool. The big question: Why are they still on youTube broadcasting to a world of strangers all of their dirty laundry? Is nothing sacred? That's why I don't believe any of it...I think it's all for views and subscribers. No one in their right mind would take an issue so very private, personal and sensitive and record it for the internet knowing eventually their children will not only see it but so will all their friends and neighbors! I'm not buying any of it at all!

That’s the only reason I think their struggles are real. Because who would want to fake that knowing their family, friends, and church group will see and wonder?
I don’t think they had much choice but to share at this point. It was becoming far to obvious to keep hidden and was costing them views.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”