E+J: Hey, did you know we’re PREGNANT?!?!?!? (Part 35)

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: E+J: Hey, did you know we’re PREGNANT?!?!?!? (Part 35)

Unread post by lmmomSD »

They were supposedly broke when TTC before Jackson as well. There's been speculation here that Jared was using Ellie's lack of knowledge about how her body worked to _prevent_ conception until they were a little better situated. She is one of the most clueless women I have ever seen when it comes to how her own body works.
Infertility got them views in the beginning. That's their story and they're sticking to it!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by sheltiefan »

I didn't heed your warnings and watched-good grief this is the most boring vlog they have done since I have been watching them!!!Jared reviewing his hair product-I think he was clowning around but I'm like gag!

I watched Bonnie vlog in the suggestion on the side about Joel struggling. Seems to be a common theme among you tubers. Thought that crossed my mind is there getting worried about the changes financially going down right now with youtube. Something Bonnie said that made her so much better than her sister IMO is when she was talking about much she appreciated her viewers and their support. Ellie treats their viewers horrible-she will do and say what she wants and don't dare question it. The comments how people just gush over them is something else!

Bonnie's youngest child's speech is SO much better than Calvin!!!
_SoFun_
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by _SoFun_ »

I cringe a little bit (okay, a lot) each time I see clips of Griffiths children playing in the street.

This family seems to promote unhealthy relationships between their children and the street. I get that maybe they live in quiet neighborhoods, but I feel that allowing your children to play in the the road when it is quiet may lead them to believe that it's okay to play there anytime. In today's vlog, Calvin was literally riding his bike in the street. He's not even three and was outside alone IN THE STREET. (Three seems a little young to spend so much time outside unsupervised anyway BUT whatever.)

Maybe I'm a pessimist? But I just feel that there are lots of reasons to not let this happen. Such as a) the street could go from being empty, to having a car driving down it in .2 seconds, b) they are still really, really young and may not completely comprehend the danger of a car in the street, and c) the world is full of really crazy people who would just love to ride by a house and find a couple of preschoolers outside alone.

Just saying. Keep your kids out of the road, folks. Jeez.
_SoFun_
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by _SoFun_ »

I cringe a little bit (okay a lot) each time I see a Griffith's grandchild playing outside in the street.

I feel that this family promotes an unhealthy relationship between their children and the road. In today's vlog, Calvin was shown in the street riding his bike. He's not even three, and he was outside alone IN THE STREET. Maybe their street isn't busy, but I feel that allowing your children to play in a street that isn't busy might lead them to believe that playing in the street anytime is okay. They're just kids; they may not be able to decipher when it isn't safe and when it is (which, let's face it..is never.) Also, I feel that three is a little young to spend so much time outside alone anyway, BUT whatever.

I get that maybe they live in quiet neighborhoods, but my mind immediately travels to the countless possibilities for danger which include a) how quickly the street could change from being empty to having a car on it, b) the .2 seconds it would take for a child to end up running/riding out in front of said car, and c) there are ton of crazy folks in this world who would love to ride by a house and find two young kids outside unsupervised.

I don't know. Maybe my upbringing was different, but I was taught that the street is dangerous and I was never, ever supposed to play there.

Maybe I'm a pessimist. But just keep your kids out of the road, folks. Jeez.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

I Guess realizing who watches didn't last long

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

_SoFun_ wrote:I cringe a little bit (okay a lot) each time I see a Griffith's grandchild playing outside in the street.

I feel that this family promotes an unhealthy relationship between their children and the road. In today's vlog, Calvin was shown in the street riding his bike. He's not even three, and he was outside alone IN THE STREET. Maybe their street isn't busy, but I feel that allowing your children to play in a street that isn't busy might lead them to believe that playing in the street anytime is okay. They're just kids; they may not be able to decipher when it isn't safe and when it is (which, let's face it..is never.) Also, I feel that three is a little young to spend so much time outside alone anyway, BUT whatever.

I get that maybe they live in quiet neighborhoods, but my mind immediately travels to the countless possibilities for danger which include a) how quickly the street could change from being empty to having a car on it, b) the .2 seconds it would take for a child to end up running/riding out in front of said car, and c) there are ton of crazy folks in this world who would love to ride by a house and find two young kids outside unsupervised.

I don't know. Maybe my upbringing was different, but I was taught that the street is dangerous and I was never, ever supposed to play there.

Not that it matters, but he isn’t even 3 yet. He’s still 2.

They’ve been letting him do that for awhile. Ellie had an IG story a few months ago where the boys were all the way down the street!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
_SoFun_
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by _SoFun_ »

HelloSweetie wrote:
_SoFun_ wrote:I cringe a little bit (okay a lot) each time I see a Griffith's grandchild playing outside in the street.

They’ve been letting him do that for awhile. Ellie had an IG story a few months ago where the boys were all the way down the street!

Bonnie does the same thing (or has in the past.) Wasn't she the one who had a child walk all the way down and knock all the trashcans over? I just can't wrap my head around being so.....careless is the only word I can think of!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

_SoFun_ wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:

Bonnie does the same thing (or has in the past.) Wasn't she the one who had a child walk all the way down and knock all the trashcans over? I just can't wrap my head around being so.....careless is the only word I can think of!
While no more safer, the trash can thing was different because it was an older child with a younger one (5 and 3) and they were only a couple houses down ON THE SIDEWALK and not the road. Bonnie also didn’t know they were out there, which is dangerous on its own, but Ellie and Jared encourage the kids to go to the neighbours alone and ride up and down the street.

Bonnie makes Lincoln stay where he is and he’s a comparable age to Cal. So either she’s learned something, or there is an age limit.

Neither is good when it comes to safety, but Bonnie gives some fucks about it, whereas Ellie just wants her kids out of her hair.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

The fact that Bonnie didn't even know her kids were outside when they were knocking over trash cans was pretty disconcerting to me. I agree that Ellie just wants her kids out of her hair, while Bonnie actually cares about what happens to her kids, but her blatant disregard for basic safety--not insisting on helmets at all times, letting Joel drive all four kids around in his old car without proper restraints, letting Boston play out front alone while she just watched from the window, etc-- makes her not much better than her sister.
And I know she's not alone in that. A lot of vloggers seem to think their kids are protected by some magic vlogging bubble. But as they learned from the demonetization, just because everyone else does it, doesn't make it right.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

lmmomSD wrote:The fact that Bonnie didn't even know her kids were outside when they were knocking over trash cans was pretty disconcerting to me. I agree that Ellie just wants her kids out of her hair, while Bonnie actually cares about what happens to her kids, but her blatant disregard for basic safety--not insisting on helmets at all times, letting Joel drive all four kids around in his old car without proper restraints, letting Boston play out front alone while she just watched from the window, etc-- makes her not much better than her sister.
And I know she's not alone in that. A lot of vloggers seem to think their kids are protected by some magic vlogging bubble. But as they learned from the demonetization, just because everyone else does it, doesn't make it right.

You completely missed my point. I said that Bonnie was no more safe so I wasn’t excusing it. I was saying that Bonnie and the trash can incident wasn’t her kids misbehaving... not just sent outside to go up and down the street.

Having a 4 year old riding a seguay alone in the dark is concerning in its own right, as is a two year old across the street and down it on his bike without a helmet (on IG). Bonnie gives her kids too much room to move around, but we haven’t seen them free ranging on the street and/or at night (not that the sidewalk is that much better).

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

You meant it _was_ her kids misbehaving, right? LOL. I get that at least Bonnie was pissed that they were knocking down trash cans, but she didn't seem as concerned that she didn't know they were gone. At least to me.
We can agree that they're both bad on safety. It's so hard with Ellie and Jared to know what is real, though, because they stage so much. It's so bizarre how people take what they say at face value, when it's so obvious that if their lips are moving, they're probably lying. So it's hard to tell if Jackson was really out without them knowing that he was gone, or how far he was going on the Segway. I think it's hilarious that in the thumbnail he's wearing a helmet, but at the time, he wasn't. But people believe that they're really madly in love, and #couplegoals, and that Ellie is nice.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

^^^^ lol. Yes I meant it was misbehaving, as opposed to “just go outside I’m busy.”

I’m not even going off what I’ve seen in E&J’s vlogs, but their IG stories. The kids are always on the road in the Power Wheels car they have, it on their bikes, and they only have helmets on maybe 50% of the time. In the vlogs they are actually more careful to appear safe, and the kids have helmets more like 50% of the time, so I believe what I see of their being unsafe.

Remember when Jackson was still under two and they would let him play out in the front area of their condo alone where anyone could have easily grabbed him? I believe what they show us and totally think they let Jackson go to the neighbours alone.

KaterTot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by KaterTot »

Whatever Calvin's speech problem is, it is severe. He can't get the ending of words out, it almost sounds like he is in pain trying to speak. Like when he said Penny he says Pennnnnnnnnn and draws it out without finishing. I have heard him doing this a lot. I am not pretending to be an expert but he reminds me a little of my nephew that was born with hearing loss. It wasn't so severe that he couldn't hear at all but he was using what he could hear with reading lips when he began speaking and it sounded similar.
f4k_oyevey
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by f4k_oyevey »

sees

WriteMeOut
Talker
Talker

Unread post by WriteMeOut »

lmmomSD wrote:
YellowSweater1950 wrote:
WriteMeOut wrote:I agree on all previous points brought up about today's vlog, but that thing to made me cringe from the get-go was the stinking thumbnail. Jared is tearing up and Ellie's face is so unreal. She looks like she's trying not to laugh. How awful. If my husband was getting upset like that, that would not be the look on my face. It is yet another subtle example of Ellie's treatment of Jared, not to mention her disgusting narcissism.
Well, with the amount of times Jared cries, I can’t blame her in this circumstance...lol jk jk

But seriously, Jared records himself getting emotional, and sets the thumbnails and titles as far as we know. Even if it is a cry for help, he does it for attention when it comes to publicity.
LOL-- I know! That man cries over a hangnail. I mean, I am all about a guy who is in touch with his feelings and can cry, and I don't believe that it's "not manly" to cry. But jeez.
And their thumbnails are totally staged, so apparently that's the look Ellie was going for.

I totally agree. Jared's crying is ridiculous, but it doesn't make the thumbnail any less grotesque all the way around.
:love2: I am amused. :love2: Image
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

KaterTot wrote:Whatever Calvin's speech problem is, it is severe. He can't get the ending of words out, it almost sounds like he is in pain trying to speak. Like when he said Penny he says Pennnnnnnnnn and draws it out without finishing. I have heard him doing this a lot. I am not pretending to be an expert but he reminds me a little of my nephew that was born with hearing loss. It wasn't so severe that he couldn't hear at all but he was using what he could hear with reading lips when he began speaking and it sounded similar.
Elle Lindquist recently had her son evaluated and found out her son's speech issues were because he couldn't hear well. He had tubes placed and it's already made a huge difference. I would hate to think that Calvin would need such a small fix as having his hearing evaluated and fixed with tubes or hearing aides. That could have been easily remedied a year ago. The longer they let whatever the issue is persist, the harder it is going to be to fix it. With new baby coming though and their already complete lack of concern, it probably won't be addressed until he's in preschool and his teachers bring up the issue.
LouiseY
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by LouiseY »

Circling back to the safety issue. As a Dutch mumI am a little surprised about the safety discussion going on here. I have noticed before that, in general, European parents are often quite a bit more relaxed about perceived dangers. Children play outside, go to the park alone, bike/walk to school alone (we did after we turned 6 and it was a 15 minute bike ride). Also, helmets are unheard of. Of course in Holland we have great bike lanes etc. so it's probably less necessary, but I would personally never put a helmet on my child biking on the pavement. I 100% agree with not sending a barely 3 year old out on their own - but at the same time, I think it would be totally fine for Jackson to walk over to a neighbours home by himself. In the dark, maybe not. But Jared was filming so I doubt he was actually completely unsupervised. To me there are a TON of issues in that family but giving kids some space to roam around outside and develop independent play is fine in my book. Much better than hanging in front of the television, which is supposedly a safe activity but in no way comparable to how great independent outdoor play is for kids. Again, after a certain age. Wouldn't send my 2 year old outside alone. :)
charmed596
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by charmed596 »

LouiseY wrote:Circling back to the safety issue. As a Dutch mumI am a little surprised about the safety discussion going on here. I have noticed before that, in general, European parents are often quite a bit more relaxed about perceived dangers. Children play outside, go to the park alone, bike/walk to school alone (we did after we turned 6 and it was a 15 minute bike ride). Also, helmets are unheard of. Of course in Holland we have great bike lanes etc. so it's probably less necessary, but I would personally never put a helmet on my child biking on the pavement. I 100% agree with not sending a barely 3 year old out on their own - but at the same time, I think it would be totally fine for Jackson to walk over to a neighbours home by himself. In the dark, maybe not. But Jared was filming so I doubt he was actually completely unsupervised. To me there are a TON of issues in that family but giving kids some space to roam around outside and develop independent play is fine in my book. Much better than hanging in front of the television, which is supposedly a safe activity but in no way comparable to how great independent outdoor play is for kids. Again, after a certain age. Wouldn't send my 2 year old outside alone. :)
The studies on the benefits of helmets are not cultural though. Good bike lanes or not, anywhere you’re in a semi fast moving transport you should be protecting yourself imo. I’m an adult and wear helmets while riding my bike (and my state it isn’t a law)
asv0204
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by asv0204 »

I watched a few videos from the time Ellie was pregnant with Calvin and I had to come here to say a few words even though I know it's probably all been discussed before. I always come back to "pre Calvin"- Videos because I honestly enjoy them more than the newer ones. Jared wasn't that over the top, Ellie had real feelings that came across as sincere and their life was shown how it really was. In the video where Ellie backflipped Jackson in the water at swim lessons she laughed her butt off about it. It was a real belly laugh and I don't think I have seen that from her in an extremely long time which kind of makes me sad because I know that mental health issues are the reason why she's frozen inside. Calvin sadly IS the biggest reason why they went downhill because of all the issues he has. I would get crazy too if my child wants to be glued to me 24/7 since the day he was born. She had expectations how it would be going with Calvin and couldn't throw them to the side when he was having all the problems which destroyed her I believe. Honestly, I don't hate her for being the person she is right now because I know how hard it is to not lose your mind when mental health issues come up. You snap at people, you're passively aggressive and cold hearted. I don't want to defend what she's doing, she needs to start therapy - not just in a church class BUT I don't think that she would be THIS crazy now if everything would have been different with Calvin. I kind of feel sorry for her.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

Tiger27 wrote:
KaterTot wrote:Whatever Calvin's speech problem is, it is severe. He can't get the ending of words out, it almost sounds like he is in pain trying to speak. Like when he said Penny he says Pennnnnnnnnn and draws it out without finishing. I have heard him doing this a lot. I am not pretending to be an expert but he reminds me a little of my nephew that was born with hearing loss. It wasn't so severe that he couldn't hear at all but he was using what he could hear with reading lips when he began speaking and it sounded similar.
Elle Lindquist recently had her son evaluated and found out her son's speech issues were because he couldn't hear well. He had tubes placed and it's already made a huge difference. I would hate to think that Calvin would need such a small fix as having his hearing evaluated and fixed with tubes or hearing aides. That could have been easily remedied a year ago. The longer they let whatever the issue is persist, the harder it is going to be to fix it. With new baby coming though and their already complete lack of concern, it probably won't be addressed until he's in preschool and his teachers bring up the issue.
Exactly. And there are critical periods of development when it comes to language. I know he’s still pretty young, but I don’t see the “blooming into a talker at 3” happening for him. There’s an underlying problem that they’re not addressing. I truly believe that they think he has the ability to talk, but he’s just “so shy”

If my kid was showing consistent signs of being uncomfortable about being filmed, I’d probably find a new job.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”