C&K: The 'D' Word. Part #17

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: C&K: The 'D' Word. Part #17

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

So they were going to film this video earlier, but they had to wait because they had another fight? Yes, please tell me your relationship advice. lol

I now think that buying the new home was an attempt to “fix” their depression and their marital issues. A change of scenery, a different neighborhood, a big house near her sister to let everyone know that they had “made it.” Instead of making them happy, they still had the some old problems they had in the old house, plus added financial stress. Katie’s issues with Brooks aside, I could see them thinking a third child will somehow “fix” things. I know that seems counterproductive to rational people, but buying a big house you can’t afford while your channel is stagnant also seems rather self-destructive. People can do desperate and crazy things when their marriage is falling apart.

Katie’s favoritism towards her oldest and her constant snide remarks about her youngest are so off-putting. She’s acknowledge that she had PPD and says she got treatment and speaks about it in the past tense. They both have to realize what she’s doing, it’s all over the vlogs and her social media. If things do not improve, I predict that will be a very tense household to grow up in.

I have zero background in mental health, but in addition to medication and therapy, I would suggest that they both get out of their own heads and out of the house. Volunteer, get a job (even part-time), start a workout program, get a hobby, join a group, anything that prevents them from sitting at home all day sniping at each other. However, don’t make any big financial commitments or bring another child into this world thinking that either one of those things is going to “fix” you.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Addition to my post above: Notice how Katie said nothing about how she plans to learn from Cullen's "love language" in terms of acts of service, only that he needs to adapt to her preferences. Yikes, red flag.
YellowSweater1950
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by YellowSweater1950 »

Listening to these two talk about relationships and giving advice is like listening to Shay Carl from Shaytards give advice on overcoming addiction and being true to your word.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

I like Cullen and Katie, but I think they need more than that book to get them on the right track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

i dunno.. Katie seemed real sure of herself not too long ago when she said she was done with kids. Maybe she will make a liar out of me, but i hope that they give it a few years and work on what they have going on now before they decide to have another. They are old enough to know bandaid babies dont work.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Playsinrain wrote:i dunno.. Katie seemed real sure of herself not too long ago when she said she was done with kids. Maybe she will make a liar out of me, but i hope that they give it a few years and work on what they have going on now before they decide to have another. They are old enough to know bandaid babies dont work.
I think she's totally over having more kids. I'd be shocked if she had another and she's almost 35. I think they are dunzo with the babies.
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

C&K: The 'D' Word. Part #17

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

She keeps going on and on about how Cullen doesn’t give her affection because it is her love language. But is she doing “acts of service” for Cullen since that is his love language? They only seem to talk about hers..
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Playsinrain wrote:i dunno.. Katie seemed real sure of herself not too long ago when she said she was done with kids. Maybe she will make a liar out of me, but i hope that they give it a few years and work on what they have going on now before they decide to have another. They are old enough to know bandaid babies dont work.
But they also seem to think that this book that they've already read and discussed is going to fix them now. And that the house and Suburban were going to fix things. So things that they should be "smart enough to know", they don't.
And yes, Katie not learning how to "speak" Cullen's "love language" is a HUGE red flag. Like I was saying about my ex and "Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus", if one person is focused on their own side of things and not how it relates to the other person, it's not going to work.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
S_tine05
Informer
Informer

Unread post by S_tine05 »

The 5 love languages and 5 love languages for children are both great books they helped me a lot with understanding my eldest son whose language is gifts and affection and then my middle son is affection and time, but that's the thing I have found is few people only have one love language and sometimes these change depending on what they are going through in their life at the time etc, so great books but I don't think it is fair to say that it is marriage saving you as a couple still need to work on your individual issues and then your issues as a couple.
Toodles123
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Toodles123 »

Did anyone do the quiz at the link?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

Toodles123 wrote:Did anyone do the quiz at the link?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
I did, mine was a lot like Cullen’s Image
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

lmmomSD wrote:
Theirmom wrote:So, I get that Gaines was playing make-believe, but why’s she so bossy? Even when my kids are playing, I don’t let them get away with that nonsense. “But Mom, it’s part of the GAME!” Nope, don’t care. Too much sass. You don’t even get to pretend to be like that. It’s rude. Manners don’t go out the window because it’s playtime.

Maybe I’m just a stick in the mud, but it gave me serious cat-butt-face watching Gaines order Brookes around, even if it was “just pretend”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
And the way she freaked out about him playing with the doll house, until Katie said "It's ok. I told him he could play with it". It should be ok anyway. Katie was instigating with them too. I know she was supposed to be one of the kids, and Gaines was playing Mommy, but she said something like "The baby took my cup", meaning Brooks, and so Gaines came over and yelled at him. She stuck her face right in his and said "I have three more chances for you" And they thought it was _so_ funny.
Did you hear Gaines say "If you're not quiet I'm going to put you in time out!"?
It's pretty obvious she's parroting things that have been said to her when she's misbehaving. Or Brooks. They might want to be careful what they say in front of her, and what they upload. She obviously listens to what they're saying.

Does that ginormous clock not have hands? I couldn't tell what time it was. It was dark outside, but who knows what time it was.

Absolutely. I can see how parents create sibling rivalry. Treating her little brother badly is not ok (AND IMMOMSD you are not a stick in the mud) In our house everyone shares. I think it's because my oldest stepson is so much older than his brothers then the oldest living in our house is only 19 months older than the youngest. That's one thing I fell in love with my husband over is how good he is with his boys evenings are theirs. I think sibling rivalry can be prevented in most cases. I know my sister and I had it going on until we became teenagers. My little sister was allowed to beat me up and got away with a lot. She even figured out how to use my parents credit card and ordered a bunch of things by mail.

I think the kids get too much stuff. I mean two playrooms? a little overkill here. I'm sure that subject has been broached before. They seem to get things a lot and then birthdays and Christmas and Easter come.
madi_b_123
Informer
Informer

Unread post by madi_b_123 »

Another day, another post about how “irritable” Brooks is. We get it, Katie! You can’t handle Brooks and his personality!

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

The "second baby" the title refers to is June seeing her reflection. I thought it was odd that Kelsey didn't know that a baby June's age doesn't recognize her own reflection yet. Not that we thought either one of them would bother to read up on child development.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Oops, meant to post that in the Steps to Wander thread. Please disregard.
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

Ugh

He keeps saying “don’t Jenna Marbles us yet”, and he’s completely missing the point.

Jenna did EXACTLY the right thing. She made a mistake, listened to the criticism and advice, removed the video so no one would make her mistakes, APOLOGIZED and THANKED her viewers for helping her.

She wasn’t bullied by internet trolls for getting the wrong fish tank. She is more humble before she wakes up than these “perfect” vloggers are all year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
:roll:
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Jenna Marbles is a Queen. She was heartbroken that she couldn't provide the best environment for her fish. These two couldn't give less of a shit and just keep killing fish because they're too lazy and selfish to learn how to take care of them properly.

It pisses me off. Jenna cried over those fish but these two can't even be bothered to clean their cats litter boxes or cut their dogs nails. They shouldn't be allowed to have any pets!
Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:Jenna Marbles is a Queen. She was heartbroken that she couldn't provide the best environment for her fish. These two couldn't give less of a shit and just keep killing fish because they're too lazy and selfish to learn how to take care of them properly.

It pisses me off. Jenna cried over those fish but these two can't even be bothered to clean their cats litter boxes or cut their dogs nails. They shouldn't be allowed to have any pets!
Just like the Daily Bumps Image

Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201802 ... aa68ce.jpg[/img] Same, Same

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I haven't watched-- let me guess. The fish are dying? Gee. Who would have guessed? Are they going to ask us to pray for them again?

Return to “Cullen and Katie”