ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: theJKtoday

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Brynn1130 wrote:
Lovethesnark wrote:It's odd that there are no news stories. There's an obituary posted online. I won't link it because it has details about the service.
On Jays IG post, (local) people had mentioned seeing the story on the news...I wasn't able to find anything either.
It's really unlikely to be online at this point. Katie said it happened Sunday morning, and that's when very few news people are even at work. As I mentioned, it was probably "mentioned" on the newscast, but was never written up for the web. That's just how things work in small town news.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I just feel so awful for them. Personal: my dad died very suddenly, and one of my best friend's dad died around the same time of pancreatic cancer. We were talking about which was worse, having no warning, or having some warning but having to watch them suffer. We decided it doesn't matter. It sucks no matter what. It's horrific either way. My heart goes out to them, having to deal with the shock as well as the death itself.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Brynn1130
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Brynn1130 »

Did anyone watch Cullen and Katie's Vlog from yesterday? I am pretty sure it was filmed on Monday...in the beginning Cullen is singing "Don't worry, be happy"...I don't know...it rubbed me the wrong way. Then at the end, Katie talks a little about Jay and Kelley...mentions they found out out some horrible details about the accident. Why is Katie mentioning this? It is not her story to tell..I understand it was her BIL's mom and the two families are very close...but STILL...just don't think she should have mentioned the things she did at the end of the vlog. Also, if I was C&K...it would not have released vlogs this week...just out of respect. Resume next week after the services..
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

I don't have a problem with them vlogging this week, it is their job and they would be expected at any other job this week (apart from the funeral day) so if we expect them to treat vlogging like a job this is unfortunately part of it. Not many could take a week off if a in-laws parent dies.
I do however think Katie needs to shut her mouth! Its not her business to share, but as usual Katie acts like the know-it-all martyr. Im just not likely Katie lately, Cullen definitely has his faults and deals with things inappropriately but Katie is coming across as a straight up B! Why must Cullen cater to her? He is honestly making every effort to make Katie happy but she hasn't changed her ways at all!
Brynn1130
Amateur
Amateur

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:I don't have a problem with them vlogging this week, it is their job and they would be expected at any other job this week (apart from the funeral day) so if we expect them to treat vlogging like a job this is unfortunately part of it. Not many could take a week off if a in-laws parent dies.
I do however think Katie needs to shut her mouth! Its not her business to share, but as usual Katie acts like the know-it-all martyr. Im just not likely Katie lately, Cullen definitely has his faults and deals with things inappropriately but Katie is coming across as a straight up B! Why must Cullen cater to her? He is honestly making every effort to make Katie happy but she hasn't changed her ways at all!
Ok, yes...I see your point :-) like you mention above...Katie's little chat at the end was just wrong. She should not be sharing anything, that Is Kelley and Jays decision. Say you are thinking of them and have been there for them this week (obviously) but that's it...
auntasaurus19
Informer
Informer

Unread post by auntasaurus19 »

Brynn1130 wrote:Did anyone watch Cullen and Katie's Vlog from yesterday? I am pretty sure it was filmed on Monday...in the beginning Cullen is singing "Don't worry, be happy"...I don't know...it rubbed me the wrong way. Then at the end, Katie talks a little about Jay and Kelley...mentions they found out out some horrible details about the accident. Why is Katie mentioning this? It is not her story to tell..I understand it was her BIL's mom and the two families are very close...but STILL...just don't think she should have mentioned the things she did at the end of the vlog. Also, if I was C&K...it would not have released vlogs this week...just out of respect. Resume next week after the services..
I just watched the end of the vlog and I didn't hear Katie mention any horrible details about the accident. Did they edit it out?
Brynn1130
Amateur
Amateur

auntasaurus19 wrote:
Brynn1130 wrote:Did anyone watch Cullen and Katie's Vlog from yesterday? I am pretty sure it was filmed on Monday...in the beginning Cullen is singing "Don't worry, be happy"...I don't know...it rubbed me the wrong way. Then at the end, Katie talks a little about Jay and Kelley...mentions they found out out some horrible details about the accident. Why is Katie mentioning this? It is not her story to tell..I understand it was her BIL's mom and the two families are very close...but STILL...just don't think she should have mentioned the things she did at the end of the vlog. Also, if I was C&K...it would not have released vlogs this week...just out of respect. Resume next week after the services..
I just watched the end of the vlog and I didn't hear Katie mention any horrible details about the accident. Did they edit it out?
It is at the 11:00min mark..she mentions that especially today (tuesday) they have had to deal with some incomprehensible things. I read this as they maybe found out some additional details...not as if she went into that and said what is was...just think she should have left that part out...the rest was fine and just explains that they are all trying to get through it and especially helping the kids.

I am probably making a mountain out of a mole hit...that is not my intention at all!! I feel horrible for that entire family! I lost my mom to cancer when I was 20 and my dad past 4 years ago..when I was 37. It sucks only being 41 and not having my parents around but they were both sick...we knew it was coming. I can't imagine losing a parent the way Jay did...so sudden and tragic.
auntasaurus19
Informer
Informer

Unread post by auntasaurus19 »

Brynn1130 wrote:
auntasaurus19 wrote:
It is at the 11:00min mark..she mentions that especially today (tuesday) they have had to deal with some incomprehensible things. I read this as they maybe found out some additional details...not as if she went into that and said what is was...just think she should have left that part out...the rest was fine and just explains that they are all trying to get through it and especially helping the kids.

I am probably making a mountain out of a mole hit...that is not my intention at all!! I feel horrible for that entire family! I lost my mom to cancer when I was 20 and my dad past 4 years ago..when I was 37. It sucks only being 41 and not having my parents around but they were both sick...we knew it was coming. I can't imagine losing a parent the way Jay did...so sudden and tragic.

Thanks for the information. I was really just being nosey and thought I missed something. I've been looking for a news story just because I am curious as to what happened exactly. Such a tragic event.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

I’m nosey and want to know what happened as well. I assume if nothing has been found yet, it won’t be. My heart is still aching for them.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Brynn1130 wrote:It is at the 11:00min mark..she mentions that especially today (tuesday) they have had to deal with some incomprehensible things.
When I heard her say that I sort of took it to mean having to suddenly plan a funeral and deal with such an unexpected loss. I think having to make all those sad decisions - and do it so fast - must be totally insane and a bit unreal.

In the obit, they suggested donations to the American Cancer Society instead of flowers. I wonder if Jay's mom had been sick??
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

ewokfan11 wrote:
Brynn1130 wrote:It is at the 11:00min mark..she mentions that especially today (tuesday) they have had to deal with some incomprehensible things.
When I heard her say that I sort of took it to mean having to suddenly plan a funeral and deal with such an unexpected loss. I think having to make all those sad decisions - and do it so fast - must be totally insane and a bit unreal.

In the obit, they suggested donations to the American Cancer Society instead of flowers. I wonder if Jay's mom had been sick??
Yeah I thought the same. Just the whole situation being incomprehensible, it didn’t seem like she was giving up details.
I wondered about the cancer society as well...
3BoysandaLilMiss
Talker
Talker

Unread post by 3BoysandaLilMiss »

I took it as just how unexpected it was as well but it could of meant more?

I lost my dad in 2014 (he was 59) and it was sudden an unexpected all of a sudden we needed to do all this planning and you almost cant even think
left alone grieve (it didn't hit me until 3-4wks later he was gone and it was real)

my sister just lost her MIL to a long battle with cancer not long ago while any death either expected or sudden is horrible
you mentally start prepping yourself for it and often feel at peace as their in a better place and no longer suffering

don't get me wrong both are horrible and heartbreaking to the family regardless to how it happens
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

When it's unexpected like that it really is awful. It sucks even when you're prepared, and watching someone suffer is horrible, but having time to prepare is helpful for those of us left behind.
I am glad Cullen is helping with the kids, but I wish he wasn't uploading inappropriate instastories.

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

They’re still having the birthday party tonight, Cullen is posting Instagram stories. I’m kind of surprised they didn’t postpone in, but at the same time it could be beneficial for the whole family to let off some steam after the funeral. It looks like they’re having a good time.

I really hope jay reconsiders his career focus. Even if a drunk driver wasn’t at fault I hope he can see now how horrible it is to defend someone who is responsible for causing the same greif and trauma he’s going through now.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Why is Cullen uploading instastories of a 13 year old's birthday party?

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:Why is Cullen uploading instastories of a 13 year old's birthday party?

There are other adults there, he’s not the only one. Katie is even filming, I assume for the vlog. It actually looks like a fun party!
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

I'm glad they didn't postpone the party,as long as it was Madelyne's choice. Probably good for her to have some fun with her friends and take her mind off of it.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Why is Cullen uploading instastories of a 13 year old's birthday party?

There are other adults there, he’s not the only one. Katie is even filming, I assume for the vlog. It actually looks like a fun party!
There weren't many adults there. If I were Maddie, I wouldn't want my party to be Instastory and vlog fodder for my cringey uncle. And it wasn't just Maddie's party. It was another girl's too, right? Plus, he was calling it a "date night". How is that a date night?
I know this isn't his thread. I just think it's not right with everything that family is going through, for Cullen to keep using the kids for Instastories. The target practice was especially inappropriate considering the school shooting. He's the one who keeps pulling his father's death out as an excuse for his behavior. "I'm still grieving". Well, maybe he should be sensitive to their grief. Let Bennett get fitted for his suit without it being filmed for IG. Let Maddie and her friends have their party without Cullen filming them and cackling his creepy laugh.

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

I’m really surprised at how ok Maddelyn is with her parents, aunt, and uncle being daily vloggers. Middle schoolers are ruthless. I know I wouldn’t want my family blasting my home life all over the internet for my peers to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

askeptichere wrote:I’m really surprised at how ok Maddelyn is with her parents, aunt, and uncle being daily vloggers. Middle schoolers are ruthless. I know I wouldn’t want my family blasting my home life all over the internet for my peers to watch.

Maybe she doesn’t get to have an opinion on it?

Return to “Cullen and Katie”