John and Joan,The bold and the pregnant || Part 2 ||

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: John and Joan,The bold and the pregnant || Part 2 ||

Unread post by lmmomSD »

gymchick43 wrote:They mentioned they made an amazon registry if people want to buy anything. It’s ridiculous...easy to find it you just google Amazon’s registry Joan Baldwin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow
Hey-- if you want to buy us things, go ahead and check out our Amazon registry! Because we're special and shouldn't have to work for anything like normal people.
ImageImage

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
YTIUH
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by YTIUH »

I am sure this registry will also be used by people who actually know them (relatives friend co-workers) so it’s not surprising that it has a lot of items. Talking about it on YouTube is tacky.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

It amazes me that they’re not embarrassed by their own begging! From go find me, grants, and now this registry!! Set up so they don’t have to hassle with returning or exchanging this.
How about you just say, guys we appreciate you want to send us gifts for baby but we are all set, please send us a card or donate to your local women’s shelter?! Anything other then make sure if you send us something it’s something we actually want!!
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

It comes off as extremely greedy that they are making a registry when this entire video is them going through boxes and boxes of baby stuff that has never been used. How could they possibly need anything else for a baby girl?
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

gymchick43 wrote:They mentioned they made an amazon registry if people want to buy anything. It’s ridiculous...easy to find it you just google Amazon’s registry Joan Baldwin.
Why is a years Amazon Prime membership on their registry? They really are just taking the p***. Also, Joan's grief therapist needs to be fired or struck off or both. Joking - sort of. :|
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

Also i really do feel bad for John because it seems like he wants to move on and be excited for this new baby but Joan just wont let him.
Dandjsmommy

Unread post by Dandjsmommy »

John’s work probably allows 1 or 2 weeks of unpaid paternity leave. I don’t think 1 or 2 weeks will strain them too much and it will be good for John to bond with the baby. If he is working 50 hr weeks as a machinist, he is making pretty good money. If they were getting by with Joan working part time and John fixing bikes / jobless before this they will be just FINE when Joan is on maternity leave. They’re exaggerating and making this more dramatic than it is to get more Etsy sales, PO Box stuff, and registry gifts. The fact is, most women in the US don’t get paid maternity leave and need to use FMLA to be able to take the unpaid time off without risking losing your job and insurance.

I thought it was sooo awkward that John thought he would slip in the baby’s name and call that the name reveal without talking about it first with Joan :? They seem to not communicate very well. Also, a few instances have made me pause and think that John can be an asshole to Joan off-camera. Does anyone else get that vibe?
spooky
Informer
Informer

Unread post by spooky »

Joan is one of those people that doesn't listen when another person is talking; she just waits for them to stop so she can start yapping again. I think that's why they have so many "oh, I didn't know that", "you never told me that" moments; she's so involved with herself she's oblivious to everything around her; including her husband.
endellion
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by endellion »

I actually felt bad for John when he was trying to look on the bright side about using stuff for the new baby and Joan had to say " but that doesn't change anything." She'll never let anyone forget, especially John and this second kid. She'll always be the grieving mother and won't allow anyone in her life to move on.
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

here4thepopcorn wrote:Joan's latest IG post is making me cringe. Mainly this line: "Were we ready to gift her Maeve’s beautiful crib and changing table?"

Why does she always have to put things in such a weird way? How is using a crib and changing table that was unfortunately never used by Maeve, "gifting" it to the baby. If you already had one child, and then had another, would you call it "gifting" the crib and changing table? I don't think I have ever thought of nursery furniture in that way. I would understand not passing on a special blanket that was made for Maeve, or her stuffed foxes, but a crib that was never used? No. I don't know what Joan has been doing in therapy, but she still has a long way to go. After this much time, I wonder if a new therapist, with a fresh perspective, would be better able to help Joan recover and heal? Because like others have stated, Joan acts haunted by Maeve.

I hopped on here to talk about that very thing. It's beyond creepy and weird how they word things. I never made that kind of statement. When I purchased baby things, they were not only for the baby I was currently pregnant with but I'd hoped to get wear out of them for at least two kids. Both of my nurseries were from Babies r us. And I specifically purchased a unisex travel system (I was having a boy then) so that if I had a girl the next time she could use it too.

Maeve was lost at 38 weeks why do they need ANYTHING? I get they may want to celebrate the new baby but buying her things you should already have is just NUTS. 2,000 worth of stuff on a baby registry when you're having the same gender and the baby things from Maeve haven't been used yet is just crazy. Perhaps they gave some of Maeve's things away or sold them but with their attachment to Maeve I don't see that.

I don't know who edits their vlogs but in some of these husband/wife vlogs it's the husband who edits them even leaving in some of their wife's crazy statements.

If you want to celebrate the new baby there are tons of ways to do that without registering for baby items you don't need. What about starting a fund to help families who are experiencing IF and pregnancy loss? Some families who have experienced IF and have the child by adoption or birth tend to forget what it's like to be in that place yet they still want to act like they have it bad.

I didn't see the comment she made to the 4 year old's mom but that is sick and twisted. I really dislike how she compares people's tragedies and tries to make hers stand out as the worst. I've been there. It's bad but there's no way I'm going to walk up to someone and say my child's loss was worse than theirs because you can't compare them. Both are sad, but the 4 year old's mom is grieving both memories she never got to make with her son AND the memories she did.

And back to that whole nursing thing. She actually typed it on instagram.... Does she really see what she's typing and how it makes her look?
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

here4thepopcorn wrote:Joan's latest IG post is making me cringe. Mainly this line: "Were we ready to gift her Maeve’s beautiful crib and changing table?"

Why does she always have to put things in such a weird way? How is using a crib and changing table that was unfortunately never used by Maeve, "gifting" it to the baby. If you already had one child, and then had another, would you call it "gifting" the crib and changing table? I don't think I have ever thought of nursery furniture in that way. I would understand not passing on a special blanket that was made for Maeve, or her stuffed foxes, but a crib that was never used? No. I don't know what Joan has been doing in therapy, but she still has a long way to go. After this much time, I wonder if a new therapist, with a fresh perspective, would be better able to help Joan recover and heal? Because like others have stated, Joan acts haunted by Maeve.

I hopped on here to talk about that very thing. It's beyond creepy and weird how they word things. I never made that kind of statement. When I purchased baby things, they were not only for the baby I was currently pregnant with but I'd hoped to get wear out of them for at least two kids. Both of my nurseries were from Babies r us. And I specifically purchased a unisex travel system (I was having a boy then) so that if I had a girl the next time she could use it too.

Maeve was lost at 38 weeks why do they need ANYTHING? I get they may want to celebrate the new baby but buying her things you should already have is just NUTS. 2,000 worth of stuff on a baby registry when you're having the same gender and the baby things from Maeve haven't been used yet is just crazy. Perhaps they gave some of Maeve's things away or sold them but with their attachment to Maeve I don't see that.

I don't know who edits their vlogs but in some of these husband/wife vlogs it's the husband who edits them even leaving in some of their wife's crazy statements.

If you want to celebrate the new baby there are tons of ways to do that without registering for baby items you don't need. What about starting a fund to help families who are experiencing IF and pregnancy loss? Some families who have experienced IF and have the child by adoption or birth tend to forget what it's like to be in that place yet they still want to act like they have it bad.

I didn't see the comment she made to the 4 year old's mom but that is sick and twisted. I really dislike how she compares people's tragedies and tries to make hers stand out as the worst. I've been there. It's bad but there's no way I'm going to walk up to someone and say my child's loss was worse than theirs because you can't compare them. Both are sad, but the 4 year old's mom is grieving both memories she never got to make with her son AND the memories she did.

And back to that whole nursing thing. She actually typed it on instagram.... Does she really see what she's typing and how it makes her look?
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

endellion wrote:I actually felt bad for John when he was trying to look on the bright side about using stuff for the new baby and Joan had to say " but that doesn't change anything." She'll never let anyone forget, especially John and this second kid. She'll always be the grieving mother and won't allow anyone in her life to move on.

I agree with whomever said that she needs a new therapist. And I'm sorry for the double post (I can't go back to edit and tack this on) and I'm not sure why my last one posted twice. Anyway I noticed on the video she mentioned that she had put an playmat on the registry and noticed they already had two very expensive ones. She also put a bathtub on the list and in the basement they already have one.

I get grief hits in waves. I have days where I miss my kids, but some of these weird things like making a registry for this new baby is just weird. You've had a baby shower and have enough stuff to start your own mini Buy buy baby.

She has a video monitor on there AND an Owlet. Ok the house isn't that big. I'm pretty sure you can hear her crying. I agree with the owlet thing. I'd invest in that. Perhaps they'd need one once the house has a second floor. But I don't see that happening anytime soon.

I think this video is proof she's in serious need of help.
TheOneWhoBlogs
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by TheOneWhoBlogs »

4/14/17
1/1/18
9/10/18
may8675

Unread post by may8675 »

I have a feeling she is not going to be happy with this baby once it is born. This whole time she has had it in her head that maeve is perfect, glorifying her. But once she has to deal with the stressful side of taking care of a child/them being fussy etc, the new baby will not live up to the perfect maeve she is imaging.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

TheOneWhoBlogs wrote:Anybody notice this? http://www.newscentermaine.com/article/ ... -370502716
Whoever wrote that article didn't do their research. Ellie and Jared didn't have IVF
"Maeve's funeral was standing room only, so many people loved her". Then how does she know exactly who was there and who wasn't? My dad's funeral truly was standing room only. We had to open the church doors and put chairs on the patio. Beyond a few close friends, I couldn't tell you who was there.

ImageImage

ButterflyB
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ButterflyB »

You know...her grief and anxiety won’t stop once she brings this healthy alive baby home. I see her being a very paranoid mom worrying about SIDS and such. I don’t think she will ever be able to fully enjoy a child which is sad.

I’ve never lost a child - be it miscarriage, stillbirth or a living child - my heart aches for her but at the same time, she needs to try to move past this. I understand it’s something you will never get over but it just doesn’t seem like she is progressing at all. I feel bad for this baby...and I feel bad for John. He seems like he wants to move past this and be more excited about the new baby but Joan doesn’t let that happen.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:It amazes me that they’re not embarrassed by their own begging! From go find me, grants, and now this registry!! Set up so they don’t have to hassle with returning or exchanging this.
How about you just say, guys we appreciate you want to send us gifts for baby but we are all set, please send us a card or donate to your local women’s shelter?! Anything other then make sure if you send us something it’s something we actually want!!

I feel like Joan thinks she deserves to have people fund her life and shower her with gifts. She lost a baby, remember? *sarcasm font*
here4thepopcorn
Informer
Informer

Unread post by here4thepopcorn »

lmmomSD wrote:
DreamLead wrote:This might come across as harsh but I can't sit back anymore. Joan needs to get over this loss of Maeve. It struck me weirdly when she said someone asked her if this was her first baby and she said "no my second". Like what if she's out in public after this baby is born and someone asks her that? Is she going to say it's her second? Because it's not. She will be a first time mom, this is her first living child. She is not a second-time mom. Yes she will always be a mom to Maeve, but she has never experienced being a mother to a living child. Also, why does John need to take paternity leave when they can't even afford Joan's maternity leave? Their house is a complete mess, they have no money, they don't even have a room for their baby..? Why would they rush into IVF when they're in this type of situation? I just find it really strange that it's been 3 years since Maeve has died and Joan hasn't healed at all.. the way she types her insta posts and the way she talks in her videos and constantly breaking down and crying 24/7? ?? If I didn't know their backstory I would have thought Maeve died a couple months ago or something with the way these two act.
I just have this mental image of her being out walking with the new baby and someone saying something about how cute she is, or something like that, and instead of saying thank you, Joan will launch into "She should have had a big sister" and tell them the whole story. And all they wanted to do was be polite. Like when strangers ask how you are, and they don't really want to know. They don't want you to tell them how you really feel-- they're just being polite.
She just can't let it go.

I cringe at that thought and know it will absolutely happen. I feel sorry for whoever says that to Joan. People on here have mentioned it is like Joan is participating in the Grief Olympics and she is determined to get gold. What drives me the craziest about Joan is how she is always so quick to point out how she has had it worst. That is so inappropriate! For Joan to tell people who lost a living child that they have it better because they got to spend time with their child is cruel. Grief is grief. And Joan needs to realize her grief isn't special. Life goes on and she needs to learn how to handle it better. My biggest fear is that this child is going to live in the shadow of Joan's image of Maeve.
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

lmmomSD wrote:
TheOneWhoBlogs wrote:Anybody notice this? http://www.newscentermaine.com/article/ ... -370502716
Whoever wrote that article didn't do their research. Ellie and Jared didn't have IVF
"Maeve's funeral was standing room only, so many people loved her". Then how does she know exactly who was there and who wasn't? My dad's funeral truly was standing room only. We had to open the church doors and put chairs on the patio. Beyond a few close friends, I couldn't tell you who was there.

ImageImage

Yeah I noticed this. The person who wrote it was the guy who interviewed Ellie and Jared when the first giveaway was going on. They never bothered to correct him that they never did IVF. Just IUI which pales in comparison. IUI is very affordable compared to IVF. I think it was very poor judgement to do FETs now she's clearly in poor headspace.

I have to disagree one one point though. Maeve was their child. She counts. Just because they didn't take her home and raise her doesn't take away the fact that she gave birth and was their child. As far as miscarriages go, I don't really count them as a total number of kids.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

eab424 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:

ImageImage

Yeah I noticed this. The person who wrote it was the guy who interviewed Ellie and Jared when the first giveaway was going on. They never bothered to correct him that they never did IVF. Just IUI which pales in comparison. IUI is very affordable compared to IVF. I think it was very poor judgement to do FETs now she's clearly in poor headspace.

I have to disagree one one point though. Maeve was their child. She counts. Just because they didn't take her home and raise her doesn't take away the fact that she gave birth and was their child. As far as miscarriages go, I don't really count them as a total number of kids.
So a miscarriage isn’t countable, but a stillbirth is? A loss is a loss. All would have been someone’s child.

Sounds like pain olympics to me.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”