John and Joan,The bold and the pregnant || Part 2 ||

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: John and Joan,The bold and the pregnant || Part 2 ||

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Yeah...I’ve had multiple miscarriages. Some hurt me more then others but they’re all a loss of a child.
You don’t really have the right to tell someone what “counts”
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

Ugh she sure is pushing that super expensive jewelry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by eab424 »

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk[/quote]

Yeah I noticed this. The person who wrote it was the guy who interviewed Ellie and Jared when the first giveaway was going on. They never bothered to correct him that they never did IVF. Just IUI which pales in comparison. IUI is very affordable compared to IVF. I think it was very poor judgement to do FETs now she's clearly in poor headspace.

I have to disagree one one point though. Maeve was their child. She counts. Just because they didn't take her home and raise her doesn't take away the fact that she gave birth and was their child. As far as miscarriages go, I don't really count them as a total number of kids.[/quote]

So a miscarriage isn’t countable, but a stillbirth is? A loss is a loss. All would have been someone’s child.

Sounds like pain olympics to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

No not at all and I didn't mean to sound harsh. A lot of my friends who have had miscarriages and then went on to have healthy babies, when people ask her how many children she has she says 3. She has 2 sons and a daughter and had two miscarriages. I was only stating that when someone gives birth to a stillborn child they never say when they have a live birth that they are parents of one child.

A loss is a loss, I've had three miscarriages and two stillbirths. One in 2002, 2006 and 2012. I'd love it if all five of my children were with me. My son was stillborn in 2009 and my daughter in 2011.

I was merely trying to state what a previous poster said about this new baby being their first and that Maeve didn't count as their child was wrong.
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

calliepaige84 wrote:Ugh she sure is pushing that super expensive jewelry.

Guarantee you most of those pieces take her 5 minutes to make maybe $10 in materials and she pops them on etsy for $45+.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I definitely think Maeve "counts" but so does the baby she is carrying. And sometimes it seems like this baby doesn't count as much to her as Maeve does. She doesn't even rate Maeve's hand me downs!

The reason I mentioned the funeral quote specifically was that she has mentioned being angry with people who didn't show at Maeve's funeral. And if it was really SRO, and she was grief stricken (as I imagine she was-- anyone would be) how would she know who was there?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
flowerpuppy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by flowerpuppy »

eab424 wrote:
calliepaige84 wrote:Ugh she sure is pushing that super expensive jewelry.

Guarantee you most of those pieces take her 5 minutes to make maybe $10 in materials and she pops them on etsy for $45+.
my boyfriend is really into jewelry and has a good idea of quality/prices with jewelry so i asked him to look at her etsy shop and tell me what he thought of the prices...... he said he thinks it’s priced at least 3x more than it should be lol
minmouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by minmouse »

Her pieces are ridiculously overpriced! I also question the quality... If you look closely at one of the dreaming of the sea necklaces you can see the gold plated necklace clasp is already tarnished green. I haven't looked closely at the other items but that really turned me off.
Pineapples
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Pineapples »

She literally threaded 4 beads onto a chain and charged $49 dollars for it

jesswhytho
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by jesswhytho »

What about Sweet Pea? Does Sweet Pea still count to Joan and John?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

I think any child in her custody is in danger tbh. She's unwell, unhinged, and seems to live in her own dream reality. I won't be at all surprised if she hurts or neglects this baby.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:I think any child in her custody is in danger tbh. She's unwell, unhinged, and seems to live in her own dream reality. I won't be at all surprised if she hurts or neglects this baby.
I agree. I hope John is man enough to step up and do what’s best for his child if she can’t get her head on straight. Unfortunately, I just don’t think this is the case.

marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

I can only hope that when this baby is born that Joan will be able to bond with her and stop talking about Maeve constantly. It probably wont feel real until she has the baby in her arms.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

jesswhytho wrote:What about Sweet Pea? Does Sweet Pea still count to Joan and John?

Apparently, not.

eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

jesswhytho wrote:What about Sweet Pea? Does Sweet Pea still count to Joan and John?

They don't mention sweet pea much. It's really concerning that this baby won't get to use Maeve's things. As long as the clothing doesn't have Maeve's name on them I don't see why she couldn't. I think it's really weird she's doing a registry for things she most likely already has.
Dandjsmommy

Unread post by Dandjsmommy »

eab424 wrote:
Yeah I noticed this. The person who wrote it was the guy who interviewed Ellie and Jared when the first giveaway was going on. They never bothered to correct him that they never did IVF. Just IUI which pales in comparison. IUI is very affordable compared to IVF. I think it was very poor judgement to do FETs now she's clearly in poor headspace.

I have to disagree one one point though. Maeve was their child. She counts. Just because they didn't take her home and raise her doesn't take away the fact that she gave birth and was their child. As far as miscarriages go, I don't really count them as a total number of kids.
Ellie and Jared didn't even do IUI. They were scheduled to do an IUI. She was taking femara, went in to have the IUI done, but when they did the ultrasound they saw she had already ovulated. They happened to have sex in the couple days before the scheduled IUI and that's how they conceived Jackson.
BaffledByItAll
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by BaffledByItAll »

I worry immensely for this sweet baby, and honestly for Joan to. I mean, I honestly think there's a mental issue there and I feel for her even though it's hard not to want to shake her good sometimes and scream "WAKE UP!" I know comparing grief isn't exactly fair but there's a family I've been following a long time, their first born daughter passed away 10 years ago this month at 11 months old only 2 weeks after being diagnosed with cancer. Their story was unbelievably heartbreaking but their walk through grief, especially as they welcomed their first son, and then their second and third has been the sweetest. They remember her, share her memories with her brothers, paint rocks for her grave each birthday. But their lives are about living, not grieving. With each boy they've had mom was honest about the brief, but real gender disappointment (and I respect that). She talked about when she'd had her daughter how she'd envisioned all of those dresses and pink and pigtails, and that though she loves being a boy mom, she missed what she'd been supposed to have. She didn't make it about getting her daughter back though. Or about a little girl that would look exactly like her, or be like her, or any of those things. And then today they welcomed their second daughter... I have to admit I teared up when I read the news... and her most recent vlog (which mentions a miscarriage they recently had and never talked about before). I know she's many years ahead in the cycle of grief, and obviously the grief and the broken heart is still very much there. But I hope someday Joan can find herself in a healthier place too.

http://www.jessmcclenahan.com/
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

^^^ Wow, what a difference! I agree with you 100% about her being stuck. I've mentioned my friend whose son died in a stupid bicycle accident right after Christmas 2016. She has openly grieved, but you can see her walking through it. And she tries to help other who are suffering. It helps her. She doesn't have to try to make her grief the worst in the room. And it's only been a little over a year, but she's way ahead of Joan in processing her grief.

actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

I think the loss of Maeve hit her extra hard because by her having a baby and being a mother, she would have a chance to prove to herself and others that she was ok, she wasn't an addict anymore and she had her shit together. So adding on top of what would be a normal amount of grief from losing her baby, she struggled even more because she knew this would set her back in her recovery for her personal issues. It's clear Joan has never been a healthy person, and I'm not just talking about the drinking.
TheOneWhoBlogs
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by TheOneWhoBlogs »

actuallydear wrote:I think the loss of Maeve hit her extra hard because by her having a baby and being a mother, she would have a chance to prove to herself and others that she was ok, she wasn't an addict anymore and she had her shit together. So adding on top of the loss of her baby, she struggled even more because she knew this would set her back in her recovery for her personal issues. It's clear Joan has never been a healthy person, and I'm not just talking about the drinking.

Agreed.
4/14/17
1/1/18
9/10/18
flowerpuppy
Informer
Informer

John and Joan,The bold and the pregnant || Part 2 ||

Unread post by flowerpuppy »

but according to joan she wasn’t an alcoholic, she just quit her casual drinking with john to make it easier on him to get over his alcoholism. it is weird how she describes it as “being sober” since that date though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return to “Ellie and Jared”