Bonnie Hoellein : Prairie Dresses and Parenting Messes | Part #59

Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein : Prairie Dresses and Parenting Messes | Part #59

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

mollybaby wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:47 am
Mickey123 wrote:That house is a mess. Termite damage, meth, and what looks like the actual flooring needs to be replaced. Bonnie said it still smells, how can she let her kids in that house. Those masks are meant for adults and do not fit children.
I'm betting that one of those kids ends up with an injury. Hopefully, another trip to the emergency room will require a visit from social services to give them a talk on how to keep their children safe.
As Bonnie said “literally, we pray for safety everyday.” They don’t care if their kids get injured. I’m sure in their minds, it’ll be great vlog footage. Apparently prayers are all they need. Image Bonnie is far more concerned about her Instagram wall. Safety? What’s that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My rant got way too long (and off-topic) so I hid it under a spoiler...sorry
I don't think anyone (besides women in their 3rd trimester), are considering what will happen if you require emergency medical treatment in the next several weeks. Cameramen most definitely will be turned away at the door. Only the patient will likely be permitted inside, they will be exposed to heavy viral contamination, they may not have a bed, life saving equipment, or PPE available, etc. I know these people believe their morning prayers make them more worthy of being kept safe/alive than their neighbors, but they are so foolish to send young children and elderly people into a "meth lab" with massive structural damage. As if letting them swing hammers at each other through the walls and walk through construction debris in worn out sneakers wasn't bad enough already.

And unfortunately social workers will probably be too busy to take note of their continued negligence, because they will soon be finding placements for kids with recently hospitalized/deceased caretakers, or caretakers who took Coronacations from their children and got trapped in another country, etc. They might not even be considered necessary on-site hospital staff soon. Doctors have already resorted to homemade fabric masks in some places and are begging for supplies to protect themselves and patients. Some women are already reporting being told they will have to endure childbirth alone, not a single familiar face in hospital for the birth, with all standard pre-natal OBGYN appointments being virtual now. They don't even have the luxury of wondering if they will end up in the hospital like the rest of us.

And who is giving Joel the go-ahead to correct the structural damage to the house? One of the Duggar fundies is currently in legal trouble for pretending to be a licensed contractor, I imagine Joel could be in a similar position in a year when the roof caves in on a baby that tests positive for meth.

Sorry for my rant, but these people are just so damn careless. They are now all starting to make choices that will legitimately have negative effects on the lives of complete strangers around the world. Someone just needs to start rounding them up and locking them in a padded room until hospitals have the capacity/supplies to give everyone a fair shot at living again. Let the people who acted responsibly have a chance at survival.

Despite the fact that the governor of Texas thinks my high risk family should be happy to sacrifice our lives for the stock market, I don't want to die or see the kids orphaned because you let your 4 yr old get smashed in the head with a hammer in a meth lab, and he gets ventilator preference. If they crash their car without seatbelts, that is 6 people that might be denied care, just so they can keep up their vlog footage at the meth house. I haven't left my house in weeks because I couldn't live with myself if I knew someone's grandma (or my own parents) died because I am "fortunate enough" to be a young person with pre-existing conditions and will have treatment preference. It is killing me to see all these healthy people squander the efforts of everyone else by tempting fate with dangerous activities, ignoring quarantine guidelines and traipsing through the new epicenter of the pandemic for selfies, likely acting as the vector for thousands of people across multiple states/countries.
Emily81
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Emily81 »

YTIG60 wrote:
rdt1004 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:36 am Is working on the house rn considered “essential”?
Utah, is like other states where so far the restaurants, you can get delivery or pick up and churches are for some online. Other services that have stopped are hair/nail salons and that might be a tough one for Bonnie.
I don't believe Utah's governor has signed Stay or Shelter at home that will really restrict movement in communities. However, the federal government is asking for the 15-Day Pause CDC recommendations that includes preparations needed to stay at home and elderly people like Joel's parents should just stay home period.
I know new home construction continues in many areas of the country, but that may change when my area and others are seeing increase in COVID-19 numbers. Some states just haven't seen large numbers yet, but we know it is coming.
Wait for the numbers of infections to rise is a huge mistake, Italy is paying a very big price. Other countries should learn from it... But economy it's much more important than public health, unfortunately.

Be safe, everyone! Social distancing and hygiene is our only weapons against the virus. Stay home as much as possible, do not wait until authorities tell you to, do it now please!
I live 10min from the border with Italy and the situation is dramatic, scary and surreal.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Happy+Charlie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Happy+Charlie »

Sure Bonnie, you and Ellie are not going to create new clothes for the Fall because you want to focus on your children. Better reason is because your crap isn't selling--you were honest in saying the lounge wear flies off the shelves. When did you decide it's important to focus on your children? Just a couple vlogs ago, you couldn't be bothered about going to the school (like all the other parents had done) and picked up Olivia's work. Then, just 2 days ago, you tell your kids, "you've had your cry, now get over it," after scaring the crap out of them with your manic talk about the pandemic.
Mickey123
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Mickey123 »

In today's video, Bonnie tells us while applying 89 coats of mascara, that she is getting all made up for morale purposes. Yes, Bonnie putting on that crusty eye makeup sure makes your kids feel content.
There is an earthquake, which she sleeps through and no one bothers to wake her up. Where's Joel did I miss something?
The kids while this is all happening are all watching Frozen 2 in the basement. They are either too lazy to get up and seek shelter or they have no clue as to what they are supposed to do. Although Olivia was taught at school how to shelter in place, she for some reason didn't put that knowledge to use or lead her sibling to do the same, she shouldn't babysit, ever.
Bonnie tries to explain to the kids how they should stand in doorjambs to stay safe, but then can't figure out if they should go outside if it were bad, because she "doesn't even know." How long has she lived in an earthquake area??
She goes into her room to get away from the kids to tell us all teary-eyed that the kids were worried about Bonnie and Joel dying. Bonnie's answer to their question-stick together and get to work, which was given to her as a message I'm assuming by God himself. Oh, then you suck it up and get to work because time moves on, the world moves on. These are not answers you tell young children.
Bonnie then moves on to tell us there are changes to Bollie that they've been working on. They are working too much, Ellie and her, not working too much, but too much of what they don't want. Their number one goal is their families and they are not going to create a new line for fall. They are going to restock their loungewear in new colors. They just spend so much time working on this that they don't have time for their families. WHAT? Spending time with your sister for an hour or two a day is work for them? She goes on and on about her faith, but then says something interesting about her agent. I wonder if her agent told them the Bollie thing isn't worth it?
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

She was telling the kids what to do in case of an earthquake - then she says she's really not sure. Maybe find out before you open your stupid mouth especially since many young viewers are watching you. That's a life and death situation. Then she goes on about how much work she and Ellie are doing and they have to cut back to spend more time with their families (haha). Translation: Bollie is tanking. She is so transparent it's almost comical.
Z3phyr
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Z3phyr »

That, or she’s probably too scared to work with a Chinese distributor now and doesn’t want to admit it on camera.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Does anyone know if the loungewear is what is selling? Is that why they are going to do multiple colors? They did that with the robe which was their big seller before.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

Ducklings4 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:21 am Does anyone know if the loungewear is what is selling? Is that why they are going to do multiple colors? They did that with the robe which was their big seller before.
I don't know how long they can continue selling a few items that did ok and you can buy this loungewear anywhere for a lot less cost. Bollie will not be much more than selling merch on a YouTube channels. I think most of us felt their spring line could be a problem with the designs, colors, cost, material and this is a sign it probably was. I wonder if they have lost money on the spring line? A good question is do they retain any employees at the warehouse or does Jared and Joel go down to Salt Lake to send out orders?
So they are working hard to improve their channel since Bollie is no longer an option for a significant income. This includes buying views with Social Blade numbers that are statistically questionable or seem impossible ->12.761M views this month and a 157.2% increase in views since last month. Brand deal are likely a problem with the recent changes in the economy. With Joel's purchase of a house that continues to look like a bad investment, Bonnie's dream home looks less likely in the near future. I wonder what they'll do with the land investment that was purchased with E&J/Bollie.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I’m sure they are going to end up selling the land investment if they haven’t already. E&J are going to need money at the rate Ellie continues to spend. Now she’s talking about moving to a rental down south for a month!

Bonnie is smart to get out of Bollie before Ellie just drops it in her lap anyway. I can’t imagine even the loungewear sells that well though. It’s fairly hideous. Different colours should allow them to drop the entire NY design team though wouldn’t it? I assume they could just communicate with their Chinese suppliers directly with the new colour options.

gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by gopedjane »

HelloSweetie wrote:I’m sure they are going to end up selling the land investment if they haven’t already. E&J are going to need money at the rate Ellie continues to spend. Now she’s talking about moving to a rental down south for a month!

Bonnie is smart to get out of Bollie before Ellie just drops it in her lap anyway. I can’t imagine even the loungewear sells that well though. It’s fairly hideous. Different colours should allow them to drop the entire NY design team though wouldn’t it? I assume they could just communicate with their Chinese suppliers directly with the new colour options.

They also have a high price point. The black set was $75 and that hideous velvet set is $95. I can’t see that many people continuing to order these sets in multiple colours. Especially right now. I don’t know what it’s like where they live but where I am a large portion of people I know have been impacted financially by the pandemic. It would be much less overhead to produce.

Their decision is clearly because of what they invested into the spring collection and the fact that it’s not done well. They will be lucky if they recoup what they spent.

They definitely should be looking at selling the land investment.

YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

HelloSweetie wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:36 am I’m sure they are going to end up selling the land investment if they haven’t already. E&J are going to need money at the rate Ellie continues to spend. Now she’s talking about moving to a rental down south for a month!

I agree, Bonnie was the one who worried about Bollie and is smart not investing more into Bollie. Reading about China, they are still not back to where they were in their manufacture production. Ellie is in la la land and I sorta feel bad for Jared, but he is responsible creating their lack of job/spending situation.
I also agree they'll try to sale the land and if I was Bonnie, I would have a bitter taste going forward with how Joel has spent what I see as her money in terrible investments.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Joel really screwed the pooch with the flip. Bonnie and Ellie really screwed the pooch with Bollie. Jared should have had more insight, but I guess I give him more credit than he deserves.
Bollie_Dollie_4_Life
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Bollie_Dollie_4_Life »

Another day, another cold sore....................... :| :|
Vlog4money
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Vlog4money »

Bollie_Dollie_4_Life wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:25 pm Another day, another cold sore....................... :| :|
This needs to be the next thread title
Luvthetube
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Luvthetube »

gopedjane wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:58 am
HelloSweetie wrote:I’m sure they are going to end up selling the land investment if they haven’t already. E&J are going to need money at the rate Ellie continues to spend. Now she’s talking about moving to a rental down south for a month!

They also have a high price point. The black set was $75 and that hideous velvet set is $95. I can’t see that many people continuing to order these sets in multiple colours. Especially right now. I don’t know what it’s like where they live but where I am a large portion of people I know have been impacted financially by the pandemic. It would be much less overhead to produce.

Their decision is clearly because of what they invested into the spring collection and the fact that it’s not done well. They will be lucky if they recoup what they spent.

They definitely should be looking at selling the land investment.

I missed the vlog where she said no fall line for Bollie. I think those dresses are awful, but I bet some people might buy them for Easter or Spring functions, all which are basically cancelled because of the virus. That has to hurt them.
meatloaf
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by meatloaf »

Stellar job Bonnie on talking to your kids about Covid19. What an idiot. I don’t know who’s worse, Bonnie or Ruby. And then the earth quake!

What is with plastering on all that makeup. She really must not like herself. But the thing is, does she not look past her face at her hair? I know it’s thin and she’s loosing it but she could consult with a stylist, anyone and get a decent haircut. Her answer is to pull it so tight that it gives her a facelift.

PS, their Bollie clothes are ugly. And I can’t stand Olivia! She’s a real piece of work.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

meatloaf wrote:Stellar job Bonnie on talking to your kids about Covid19. What an idiot. I don’t know who’s worse, Bonnie or Ruby. And then the earth quake!

What is with plastering on all that makeup. She really must not like herself. But the thing is, does she not look past her face at her hair? I know it’s thin and she’s loosing it but she could consult with a stylist, anyone and get a decent haircut. Her answer is to pull it so tight that it gives her a facelift.

PS, their Bollie clothes are ugly. And I can’t stand Olivia! She’s a real piece of work.
Olivia is a child. Leave the snark for her parents. She didn’t ask to have the life she does, but is bound to be a product of it.

shortstop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shortstop »

You’ve got to be kidding me Banana Bread and a glass of milk for supper. Seriously!!!! Did I hear that right??
Happy+Charlie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Happy+Charlie »

shortstop wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:37 am You’ve got to be kidding me Banana Bread and a glass of milk for supper. Seriously!!!! Did I hear that right??
I heard it too, these kids are so deprived of the food they need to grow strong. It looks like they may have had ice cream for breakfast on one of the days. Then about 1/2 cup of soup each for lunch. Bonnie thinks because she struggles with weight issues, her kids need to follow her diet. I have watched a bunch of her vlogs when the kids were much younger (before Lincoln and just after) and the kids, as young as they were, were given much larger portions than they are given now. I know there is a pandemic going on and everyone is watching with food due to being able to go out to shop. However, this is the norm for this family.

Pretty sad Boston is still working on learning to tie his shoes, and it's his sister that is teaching him. Bonnie and Joel really can't be bothered with teaching their children the most basic things. Most kids achieve this in pre-school and, if not then, by kindergarten. I've noticed a lot of vloggers are sharing their temporary home school instruction with their children, not Bonnie and Joel (I may be corrected, didn't watch the entire vlog). Working with their children is not their job, even during this pandemic. More important to teach about makeup. There is no reason Bonnie can't help these kids, after all, she did say Bollie is cutting back so she can spend more time with her kids. Perfect opportunity to do so, Bonnie, and work on the school they are missing out on.
Mickey123
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Mickey123 »

Why is she showing a child in time out and then poor Lincoln crying because he can't go for a bike ride? Isn't that against youtube policy?

The way she handled Lincoln about the cookie. "Olivia is in front of you so if she gets the cookie you want well just get over it or you won't get one." ( paraphrased) How about "Ask Olivia nicely and see if she'll let you have the cookie you want." That way you don't pit kids against each other and you teach them skills they can use as they grow. Or she could have sat them down at the table and handed them out to keep them from fighting. There are ways to handle your children so they don't fight and end up resenting each other.

Bonnie also kept touching the cookies with her poo/herpes fingernails, I wouldn't want a cookie.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”