• Advertisement

Off-Topic Banter Part 5

Re: Off-Topic Banter Part 5

Postby AuntieToABabyBoy:) » Mon May 05, 2014 6:55 am

Spain lovely do you wonderful ladies got room for another passenger? Lol. But I just want to say that I woke up feeling so good. I cried and cried yesterday but I think it was a good thing because now I feel so much better. I have this guy friend who is as sweet as he can be and he wants to take me out to get my mind off of things. He and my family and you wonderful ladies made me realize that the guy was not worth my tears and I just love you guys :) I'm tired of being in this hole but I have a feeling that I won't be for long. I dont want to rush anything with my guy friend but he is seriously so sweet.
Being a auntie is the best gift in the world and when I become a mother my life would be perfect <3 :)
AuntieToABabyBoy:)
True Gossiper

Advertisement

Postby cakewalked » Mon May 05, 2014 5:12 pm

Okay y'all I know I ask about BC a bit but I am super confused. I don't understand it completely. So say you're on the combo pill and you miss two right before your period. Since you don't ovulate like you would if you weren't on BC, could you get pregnant that close before your period? I know they say if you miss any, you are not protected. But is that even possible? Because if you did get pregnant that close you would be like, days pregnant when you missed your period. Sorry if that was super confusing.
cakewalked
Guru Gossiper

Postby blackbetty » Mon May 05, 2014 5:41 pm

When you miss you can ovulate during that time. Get the IUD or the shot, girl! Or just go off BC. No sense in pumping your body full of hormones if you're gonna miss kwim?
#FreeBen
blackbetty
Super Moddie

Postby cakewalked » Mon May 05, 2014 5:42 pm

It's weird because I was so good at taking it before we went on our cruise and since then I've been so bad. But wouldn't it be so close to your period? It's so confusing.
So far it's worked and I haven't gotten pregnant, obviously.
cakewalked
Guru Gossiper

Postby Yue195 » Mon May 05, 2014 9:11 pm

I don't what advice to give since I'm not on BC at the moment since my sex life doesn't exist. Just don't freak yourself out and such. Small chances usually are very small and unlikely.
In the name of the moon, I shall gossip about you.
Yue195
Super Moddie

Postby fossilfinger » Mon May 05, 2014 9:19 pm

When you're on the pill, your period is breakthrough bleeding, not a part of your usual cycle. You can still ovulate if you miss pills because missing pills begins waking up your ovaries. If you miss two pills right before you start the placebos, I believe you are not fully protected during placebo week, because you haven't taken the full 21 pills that would normally protect you during the time you don't take them over placebo week. The best thing to do is use back-up for a period of time...not sure how long, two weeks or a month maybe? Your pill packet information will tell you what to do.
fossilfinger
Guru Gossiper

Postby briannaspeaks » Mon May 05, 2014 9:41 pm

It depends on the pill your on, but you could still ovulate. Some pill brands have different levels of hormones throughout the pack and some don't.

Regardless, if you miss a pill you may ovulate. The only reason you have a period on birth control, later, is because your uterine lining is there still a bit and gets shed (obviously).
But say you did ovulate when said pill(s) were missed. When you ovulate (however it is), the follicle in which the egg was released will produce progesterone once the egg pops out. This progesterone will thicken your uterine lining (the lining that was just about to be shed a couple days later) and continue to do so for 14 days more or less. With that being said if you just ovulated your body wouldn't get a period (it wouldn't shed the lining) or at least most likely not, maybe some bleeding. The reasoning why it wouldn't shed is because of the progesterone that your body's producing. Your body would naturally get a period if the progesterone levels went down over time (the egg didn't get fertilized) and if you're on birth control you would get a period once you started taking the "placebo pills". Why would you get a period when taking the placebos is because they have NO progesterone, so your body thinks "oh the egg didn't get fertilized because the follicle stopped producing progesterone so now I'll shed the lining". But if you just ovulated there would be progesterone still in your body at a high level making your uterine lining NOT shed.

Hopefully you can understand that. I'm rereading it and it sounds a bit scattered.

On a happy note.
The pill works in multiple ways... doesn't cause ovulation, makes the uterine lining "hostel" and makes it lighter, and produces more cervical mucous.
And on top of that it is a slim chance you did ovulate.
But just keep in mind you can ovulate at anytime before the bleeding.

"She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it)."
briannaspeaks
Gossiper

Postby cakewalked » Tue May 06, 2014 5:40 am

Okay thank you! I'm honestly not concerned for myself, I am just confused about how it actually works and I really want to understand it better! I don't think I'm pregnant/will get pregnant in the slightest. Either I will have a tough time getting pregnant in the future (which my mom did) or missing pills isn't as big of a deal as it is for others.. or something. Haha thank you for the explanation! That makes more sense. :)
cakewalked
Guru Gossiper

Postby Yue195 » Tue May 06, 2014 7:44 pm

I'm 19 in seven days ( hyperventilates)

Anyway. So as I said a few days back, I may have sparked a new relationship. The guy is smart, athletic and hardworking. He invited me to his ladies day rugby game ( FREE WINE AND FOOD YES! ) and it was great. Anyway, something was obviously happening between the two of us and everyone could see. Like we were talking about WW2 and his mate had leaned over and said kiss her already ( which didn't happen ) and I didn't have clothes to sleep in since I didn't know if I was staying or not and he gave me his rugby jersey to sleep in. Anyway, he's good mates with my co-worker who interrogated me on what happened that night since she hit the bricks early and saw me wearing his jersey before she left, and now she has just messaged me not to go out with him and when I asked her why, she won't tell me. She say's she isn't jealous. But she seemed pretty pissed that he invited me to his ladies day rugby game and I went.
Yue195
Super Moddie

Postby FLOSSY77 » Tue May 06, 2014 8:10 pm

Flossy hit a 100 Thanks! Thank you. Can I get some love?
FLOSSY77

Postby fossilfinger » Tue May 06, 2014 8:10 pm

Yue, he sounds like a good guy. How exciting!
fossilfinger
Guru Gossiper

Postby Yue195 » Tue May 06, 2014 10:55 pm

fossilfinger wrote:Yue, he sounds like a good guy. How exciting!

It is exciting, I haven't dated anyone in almost two years. But I think my co-worker might of blown it for me.
Yue195
Super Moddie

Postby blackbetty » Tue May 06, 2014 11:57 pm

Wooooooo flossy!!! *confetti emoji* *balloon emoji* *raise the roof emoji*
#FreeBen
blackbetty
Super Moddie

Postby OhReallyNow » Wed May 07, 2014 12:06 am

Hi.
OhReallyNow
Guru Gossiper

Postby blackbetty » Wed May 07, 2014 12:09 am

Hey ORNy!
#FreeBen
blackbetty
Super Moddie

Postby OhReallyNow » Wed May 07, 2014 12:48 am

I never really come here anymore, so wanted you guys to know I'm alive.
OhReallyNow
Guru Gossiper

Postby whatsername_ » Wed May 07, 2014 4:51 am

Same lol I've been keeping my distance and mostly lurking. I just don't have much to say.

I've got a lot going on.
I actually had a run in with the police a few days ago. When I get on a computer, I'll post more. And no, I wasn't arrested.
whatsername_

Postby FLOSSY77 » Wed May 07, 2014 6:02 am

ORNS is ALIVE!! Yay!
FLOSSY77

Postby FLOSSY77 » Wed May 07, 2014 6:07 am

whatsername_ wrote:Same lol I've been keeping my distance and mostly lurking. I just don't have much to say.

I've got a lot going on.
I actually had a run in with the police a few days ago. When I get on a computer, I'll post more. And no, I wasn't arrested.

So no on bail money? lol I want to hear this story! I have a lot going on. I find a little babble on here is good for me though.
FLOSSY77

Postby whatsername_ » Wed May 07, 2014 1:16 pm

FLOSSY77 wrote:
whatsername_ wrote:Same lol I've been keeping my distance and mostly lurking. I just don't have much to say.

I've got a lot going on.

So no on bail money? lol I want to hear this story! I have a lot going on. I find a little babble on here is good for me though.

So basically, I have this friend who lived about... eh... an hour from me who had severely abusive parents. Emotionally, physically - you name it. Well, I decided it was time to break him out. He's 19, so he's legal and I told him I was coming to get him.
So Saturday after I got off of work, I went to go get him.
His parents greeted us and we said that I was a friend from high school, isn't necessarily a lie. So we go in his room, gather his things and take them out of the house and put them into my trunk.
His parents begin questioning him, and he talks to them for a moment, or rather argues with them. I had brought Caleb with me just to be safe.
My friend gets into my vehicle and his parents follow him, blocking it so he cannot close the door.
At this point I'm in the driver's seat, and I'm not saying a word - it isn't my place.
His mother then grabs him and begins hitting him.

You'll be happy to know that I lost my shit. :-) I turned around so fast in that driver's seat, I'm shocked I didn't break my neck. I raised my voice, but I didn't curse which I'm shocked about. They then began to claim they were going to call the police, because my friend had taken his laptop.
They claimed it was their's and told me they were going to call the police on us for theft.
At this point I'd asked about 10 times for them to step away from my vehicle. They kept demanding I open my trunk, which, legally I had no obligation to do so.

I asked again for them to get away from my vehicle and they refused, so what do I do?
I put my car in drive, and I fucking GO. The door shuts, and thankfully, my car has an automatic locking system - once it hits 10 mph, it locks on it's own.
My friend's father hits my vehicle.

I immediately dial the police and am connected to the sergeant. He tells me to meet him at the jail. So I do.
Caleb, my friend and I all give our accounts of what happened and my friend is told he has the right to press charges. Domestic assault. Which he has decided not to do anything with, because he never wants to have contact with those horrible people ever again.

The police officer had a good chuckle and told me that my friend's father had said that I was the "meanest little girl" he'd ever encountered. :)
And he told me I did the right thing in driving off and that it could've escalated further.
He had pulled my records, seen they were squeaky clean and knew that whatever my friend's parents said was going to be false, mainly because they claimed that we took over $2000 worth of technology from their home. Which...we didn't, lol.

My friend is staying with me for a month until he moves to New Jersey to be with his girlfriend. He's legally changing his name and is no longer going to contact anyone from his family for obvious reasons.
We're all safe, and I have the officer's card - so if anything proceeds, I have the opportunity to file charges against them as well. :)

So that was my weekend, lol.
whatsername_

Postby Yue195 » Wed May 07, 2014 4:53 pm

Wow, you are a superwoman Ashliegh. Your friend is lucky to have someone like you as a friend out there.
Yue195
Super Moddie

Postby cakewalked » Wed May 07, 2014 5:19 pm

Proud of you for handling that so well! I'm impressed. His parents sound like awful people.. I'm glad he is out of there.
cakewalked
Guru Gossiper

Postby whatsername_ » Thu May 08, 2014 4:59 am

Thanks ladies. I'm glad he's safe too. :)
whatsername_

Postby Yue195 » Thu May 08, 2014 6:11 am

Well, this isn't big news but I'm pretty happy about it. Today I went and bought a phone and make a plan with it on my own. I'm pretty proud.
Yue195
Super Moddie

Postby cakewalked » Thu May 08, 2014 6:12 am

Nice! That's a step to adulthood.
My boyfriend is going to be on a cruise in Alaska instead of coming to my college graduation which makes me real sad.
cakewalked
Guru Gossiper

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Archive