Okay, but you'll hate it. Just sayin'.
FLOSSY77

Re: LoraandLayton Part 3

Unread post by FLOSSY77 »

Mr.Floss asked what the shipping on a box with three kids to Australia is. Lmao
thegooseiscooked

Unread post by thegooseiscooked »

Yeah....glad I hadn't given you my address yet......
AutumnLane
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by AutumnLane »

Moving again!! I am beginning to think they are running from something.
Show me someone who never gossips, and I'll show you someone who isn't interested in people. ~Barbara Walters
thegooseiscooked

Okay, well I'm going to put my theory forward even though someone may want to jump in and correct me and call me a moron for getting it wrong because the rules are different in America or some shit.

In Australia, if you buy a house and live in it for a certain period (say 12 months), it is considered to be your principal place of residence and, as such, does not attract capital gains tax. It is quite common amongst property developers (which is what I believe Layton's father is) to buy a property, improve it marginally and stick a family member in it for a year and call it your principal place of residence and then sell it at a profit (having avoided CGT). It is a completely legal loophole, although the investor is technically supposed to live there himself. That's pretty easy to get around if you have someone you trust (ie your son) who will pass on any mail and field any phone calls appropriately.

When that property has been lived in for the appropriate amount of time, it is sold and the trusted family member simply moves onto the next property. This would explain Lora and Layton's numerous moves, their need to home school Tripp and I fully believe this is what they're doing. This would also explain why Layton is home so much and can grow a beard etc.

Therefore Layton's "job" as such pretty much consists of moving house and acting as a caretaker. If the investments are being made through a family trust, then, as a beneficiary, Layton would have to attend a semi-regular meeting to ensure the trust is being managed appropriately and legally. Hence the very few occasions where Lora stated that Layton had gone in for a meeting or was "at work". I imagine that Layton's father throws a few bucks their way to keep the family afloat and they would live rent free.

There's nothing really wrong with what Layton's father is doing. It's a business and it's pretty common practice. However, for Lora to wax on about her husband "owning a business" and doing so well is a far reach. It's a very slack job for an adult to have, particularly one with a wife and 3 young children to support. Usually, investors put their retired parents or grandparents in that position because you don't actually have to do anything save for put mail aside and take a few messages, maybe mow the grass. You get a nice, freshly renovated house to live in as a bonus.
Sleuth2014
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Sleuth2014 »

I actually think your theory makes a lot of sense goose. I live in the US and have no idea what the rules/guidelines are for something like that though.

I'm curious why they would move back to Texas though. I was pretty sure she said somewhere that she hated Texas. I would've expected them to move closer to Lora's parents.
thegooseiscooked

Well, that fits into my theory too because all of Layton's daddy's investments to date have been in Texas and Florida.
Sleuth2014
Informer
Informer

True. I'm just surprised that Layton's dad would have them go back to Texas if they hated it there. I would've expected him to have them go somewhere else, like somewhere in a different part of Florida or somewhere new. I know if my parents could just invest in a house and have me live in it for a while I would have a say in where the investment properties were and probably wouldn't go back to somewhere I didn't like.

My brother lives in Texas and houses there are relatively cheap. Maybe it had something to do with the size house they could get for the amount of money he was willing to put towards the investment.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

I think it's a good theory. How else could they afford for Layton to be home from work ALL the time of daddy wasn't paying them to live in his house for X amount of time.
How pathetic though, to be in your mid-late 20's, married with 3 kids and have no real job, no career and no ambition in life. I find that so unattractive. Laziness and lack of ambition is so unattractive. But then again, I am not as codependent as lora, I survive throughout the day without being babied.
ladybug
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ladybug »

I doubt they are moving back to Texas. So far the only person who said they were moving back to texas was a 14 year old girl on Instagram.

I've said before that Layton's dad is probably "flipping" properties, Layton probably helps a little and gets to live in the finished product for a while for free. There is no other way they support their lifestyle, that man doesn't work.
Rosiex3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Rosiex3 »

The fact that a 14 year old knows that they are moving back to Texas is a bit scary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ladybug
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ladybug »

My point is- I think the 14 year old just made that up.
kiki
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by kiki »

thegooseiscooked wrote:Okay, well I'm going to put my theory forward even though someone may want to jump in and correct me and call me a moron for getting it wrong because the rules are different in America or some shit.

In Australia, if you buy a house and live in it for a certain period (say 12 months), it is considered to be your principal place of residence and, as such, does not attract capital gains tax. It is quite common amongst property developers (which is what I believe Layton's father is) to buy a property, improve it marginally and stick a family member in it for a year and call it your principal place of residence and then sell it at a profit (having avoided CGT). It is a completely legal loophole, although the investor is technically supposed to live there himself. That's pretty easy to get around if you have someone you trust (ie your son) who will pass on any mail and field any phone calls appropriately.

When that property has been lived in for the appropriate amount of time, it is sold and the trusted family member simply moves onto the next property. This would explain Lora and Layton's numerous moves, their need to home school Tripp and I fully believe this is what they're doing. This would also explain why Layton is home so much and can grow a beard etc.

Therefore Layton's "job" as such pretty much consists of moving house and acting as a caretaker. If the investments are being made through a family trust, then, as a beneficiary, Layton would have to attend a semi-regular meeting to ensure the trust is being managed appropriately and legally. Hence the very few occasions where Lora stated that Layton had gone in for a meeting or was "at work". I imagine that Layton's father throws a few bucks their way to keep the family afloat and they would live rent free.

There's nothing really wrong with what Layton's father is doing. It's a business and it's pretty common practice. However, for Lora to wax on about her husband "owning a business" and doing so well is a far reach. It's a very slack job for an adult to have, particularly one with a wife and 3 young children to support. Usually, investors put their retired parents or grandparents in that position because you don't actually have to do anything save for put mail aside and take a few messages, maybe mow the grass. You get a nice, freshly renovated house to live in as a bonus.
I think this is the best theory I've seen to explain laytoin's weird "job", the constant moving and the fact that his parents picked up the keys to 'their' house..

Sent from my AT10-A using Tapatalk
Chatabox
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Chatabox »

ladybug wrote:I doubt they are moving back to Texas. So far the only person who said they were moving back to texas was a 14 year old girl on Instagram.

I've said before that Layton's dad is probably "flipping" properties, Layton probably helps a little and gets to live in the finished product for a while for free. There is no other way they support their lifestyle, that man doesn't work.
That could supposedly be why they "brought" the house without seeing it first. Maybe his dad had been to inspect it and decided to buy it?
ladybug
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ladybug »

Yeah, and it could also explain why there are no legal records of them EVER owning a home in florida. They've always rented or probably lived free due to Layton's dad.
rissamissa1234
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by rissamissa1234 »

Any update on them? ?????
ILoveDisney3122
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ILoveDisney3122 »

rissamissa1234 wrote:Any update on them? ?????
She hasn't posted much on IG. I don't read people's comments, so I don't know if she comments or not.

It looks like they went to her parent's house for Christmas and her brother, SIL and nephew were there. Other than that I have no clue if there are updates on them?
mpetrie8
Informer
Informer

Unread post by mpetrie8 »

Her brother and sister in law announced they were expecting their 2nd kid , a girl, recently on Instagram!
marshmellow
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by marshmellow »

KatyD wrote:
ILoveDisney3122 wrote:
Samboss03 wrote:I always enjoyed loras vlogs until they moved into the new house and she came across a bit hyper/crazy! I don't know why she changed but I found myself only being able to watch a couple of mins of each vlog.

Does anyone know if they've actually moved house yet?
She posted a pic on IG yesterday or today with a view of the ocean, saying something about staying inside and coloring with family and snuggle time. To me it looked like it was taken from a hotel or an apartment, not from a new house she has moved in to.

I personally think she and Layton are unstable and can't make up their minds for anything. Tripp should be going to Kindergarten and around other kids his age. Not moving 4 times in the past 6 months.
She is homeschooling Tripp. So he wont have to start new schools or anything.
Not following her much. Homeschooling Tripp ?? WTF ? I'm not against homeschooling or anything but given the fact that this family is so fucking away from friends/people/social life, depriving kids of the possible social life is just so awkward. Jeez there is no wonder if they grown up to become mini Loras. All hyper, self indulging, socially awkward, friend-less boring people with behavioral issues. pretty sad actually.

I have hardly seen the kids having play dates or such. Very unhealthy.
Sleuth2014
Informer
Informer

Someone asked her on instagram about how homeschooling Tripp was going and this was her response (I was going to screenshot but I'm on my laptop and her comment was too long. Copying was easier)

"Homeschooling was going great, but after the first half of the year, we transferred him to a small school with a gifted program. We were using Florida Virtual School (free if you live in FL and they send you all the books, materials, etc.) but it was just too easy for him. He was way ahead and getting so bored, test scores off the charts... He needed to be challenged and stimulated more, and as Declan and Everett got older, if became tougher to spend more time trying to challenge Tripp the way he needed it, because the littles want all my attention all the time, so we all decided to transfer him after Winter break. He's in LOVE with his new school, is being given advanced materials, and is making so many friends and having so much fun! He's already become so much more independent and brave, I just love it! And Declan and Everett don't mind having mommy to themselves most of the day, either :P But I'm hoping he'll want to homeschool again when he's older. Like, in middle school when kids are evil :P"

I'm glad she decided to put him in a real school. He needed to be around kids besides Declan and Everett. Plus Lora can't even use a comma correctly most of the time, so she should leave teaching him to people who are actually qualified to teach.

Return to “LoraandLayton”