• Advertisement

Off Topic Banter Part 9

Re: Off Topic Banter Part 9

Postby cakewalked » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:51 pm

well hello :)
i just thought I would pop in and say for those of you who have asked, yes i am alive and well. I went through some things and I just didn't have an interest in coming and adding to the drama in my life, kwim? but i won't be back. as others have said this site isn't what it once was. but thanks to those who i have talked to and given me laughs over the couple years i was here :D
-cakey
cakewalked
Guru Gossiper

Advertisement

Postby fossilfinger » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:01 am

Does this site really disrupt people's lives that much that they feel the need to come on here and leave attention-seeking dramatic messages about how they're leaving forever and have to physically block themselves off from the temptation of this abyss? You don't have to take this board so seriously. If you get bored, take a break instead of leaving a flouncy message trying to convey that you're morally above everyone else on this site and that's why you're leaving. These goodbye messages are not sincere, well-meaning partings, they're meant to start shit, and anyone who tries to deny that is kidding themselves. If you really want to leave forever, send a private message to the people you want to say good-bye to and leave them your contact information. You don't have to drag the rest of us into it. Jeez, I get sick of this board sometimes too, but instead of whining about how everything has changed and how I've spiritually transcended the dregs of hell that this board represents, I just stay off it for a few days. Or I pop in for fifteen minutes, decide there's nothing else I want to do, then pop off again.
fossilfinger
Guru Gossiper

Postby gypsophila » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:28 am

I left for 6 months and didn't bother to say anything. I think some people bring drama upon themselves and like to be part of the clique. Not me. I have never done a Goodbye Cruel (name of forum). Especially when you're still in contact with the people you like on the board. Not that I don't miss a couple of people who've left, but it's not a big deal either way. In the end, new people come and everyone forgets who you were anyway. ;)
“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”- Buddha
gypsophila
Guru Gossiper

Postby MamaJoAnna » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:08 am

Look at it this way, at least they aren't drawing attention to themselves faking cancer...I saw someone do that on a message board once. WTF is wrong with people...
Call me Jo, please.
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper

Postby Kryptonite » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:52 am

jodilo88 wrote:Look at it this way, at least they aren't drawing attention to themselves faking cancer...I saw someone do that on a message board once. WTF is wrong with people...

Good point. Eek.

I'm sad to see any (okay, most) users leave but there's not a whole lot we can do to convince someone to stay so... You know, it is what it is.

I don't think cake was ever attention seeking, or Taylor but probably wanted to say goodbye instead of leaving others to answer questions or users making up other situations/ guessing about what made them leave in the first place.

Random thought:
It's clear, though that some of the users still look at the site or are in contact with people who do (obviously it's a public forum, it's not like they're spies) which is interesting to me since they want to disassociate themselves with YTMD.

...BUT, then there are others who want to make dramatic exits and seem like they want everyone to say "oh no! Don't go!"

I am not going to beg someone to stay or go to another website to follow them. It's a site, if it causes that much inner turmoil that you feel like you NEED to leave - you probably should. Do whatcha gotta! ;)

I hope that makes an ounce of sense.
#GetShariHerOwnRoom2016
Super Moddie

Postby gypsophila » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:39 am

Well, I got the distinct impression that we're considered "potatoes" by a certain group of people, if we remain here and use this site. I'm okay with that. I'm a potato. <3
gypsophila
Guru Gossiper

Postby MamaJoAnna » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:06 pm

Can I be a baked potato with cheese? ;)
Call me Jo, please.
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper

Postby Kryptonite » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:18 pm

I WANT TO BE COVERED IN BACON! <3
#GetShariHerOwnRoom2016
Super Moddie

Postby Yue195 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:24 pm

Oh oh chilli and sour cream for me!
In the name of the moon, I shall gossip about you.
Yue195
Super Moddie

Postby gypsophila » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:30 pm

I'd like to be known as Hot Potato, thanks. :D You know, because of the hot flashes. :-o
gypsophila
Guru Gossiper

Postby blackbetty » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:35 pm

Baked potatoes are gross.

I have a good potato recipe though.

Cut your potatoes into wedges and soak em in water.

Mix 1T melted butter or margarine, 2 t vinegar, a little olive oil (I eyeball it, just enough to up the liquid a bit), 1/2 t black pepper, 1/2 t chili powder, 1 t garlic powder, 1 t parsley, 1 t Rosemary (optional), 1/4 t cumin, salt to taste.

Toss your potatoes in that mixture and bake them at 425°F for about 35-40 mins...
Tastes like those potato wedges they have at a sports bar but without being deep fried... Yummy
#FreeBen
blackbetty
Super Moddie

Postby Yue195 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:37 pm

..... Well shit now I want wedges for lunch. I'm planning on making the chicken recipe I found in a magazine soon for a get together, it sounds so yummy especially the dill and lime Mayo dipping sauce.
In the name of the moon, I shall gossip about you.
Yue195
Super Moddie

Postby blackbetty » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:40 pm

They're super good and I bet it would be good with that dip. Try it sometime! You can adjust the spices to what tastes best to you, I just kinda play with it if I make em.
#FreeBen
blackbetty
Super Moddie

Postby Kryptonite » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:02 pm

blackbettybamf wrote:Baked potatoes are gross.

I have a good potato recipe though.

Cut your potatoes into wedges and soak em in water.

Mix 1T melted butter or margarine, 2 t vinegar, a little olive oil (I eyeball it, just enough to up the liquid a bit), 1/2 t black pepper, 1/2 t chili powder, 1 t garlic powder, 1 t parsley, 1 t Rosemary (optional), 1/4 t cumin, salt to taste.

Toss your potatoes in that mixture and bake them at 425°F for about 35-40 mins...
Tastes like those potato wedges they have at a sports bar but without being deep fried... Yummy

You make my life. :-o

So... we have Cheesy Potato, Bacon Potato, Hot Potato, Potato Wedge... We're pretty much irresistible.
#GetShariHerOwnRoom2016
Super Moddie

Postby blackbetty » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:08 pm

Seriously they are so good I have to constantly remind myself of the carb count or I'd eat them for every meal.
#FreeBen
blackbetty
Super Moddie

Postby MamaJoAnna » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:32 pm

I'll share my own potato recipe :D

3-4 medium sized potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes (or bigger/smaller depending on your patience LOL)
2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp olive oil

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash potatoes and cut into cubes (if you haven't already). Toss cube potatoes in other ingredients (bowl or plastic baggie works fine). Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast for 35 minutes.

I used to babysit a 2-year-old last year and made these potatoes to go with our dinner (I do a meat/starch/veggie combo) and he FELL IN LOVE with them. Seriously, I had to send the leftovers home with him and his mother and give her the recipe because he wouldn't stop going on about them :lol:
Call me Jo, please.
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper

Postby blackbetty » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:07 pm

jodilo88 wrote:I'll share my own potato recipe :D

3-4 medium sized potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes (or bigger/smaller depending on your patience LOL)
2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp olive oil

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash potatoes and cut into cubes (if you haven't already). Toss cube potatoes in other ingredients (bowl or plastic baggie works fine). Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast for 35 minutes.

I used to babysit a 2-year-old last year and made these potatoes to go with our dinner (I do a meat/starch/veggie combo) and he FELL IN LOVE with them. Seriously, I had to send the leftovers home with him and his mother and give her the recipe because he wouldn't stop going on about them :lol:

These are amazing too, I've made a variation of this!!

My recipe is awesome with a tiny bit of parmesan cheese before it goes into the oven too mmm
#FreeBen
blackbetty
Super Moddie

Postby Kryptonite » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:16 pm

blackbettybamf wrote:
jodilo88 wrote:I'll share my own potato recipe :D

2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp olive oil

These are amazing too, I've made a variation of this!!

My recipe is awesome with a tiny bit of parmesan cheese before it goes into the oven too mmm

That sounds delicious! The only way I know how to make potatoes is mashed... and by that I mean I beg my mother to make them for me because I am an incredibly lazy person. I cannot be bothered to do such time consuming things.
#GetShariHerOwnRoom2016
Super Moddie

Postby placebo » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:02 am

.. I like raw potatoes. For real. They're crunchy and yum
placebo
Guru Gossiper

Postby ferriswheel » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:03 am

I loved raw potatoes as a kid.
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
ferriswheel
Gossiper

Postby bipolarmorgan » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:28 am

TaylorKnows wrote:So I messaged Morgan to take care of this and it's clearly not. Can one of the other mods (whoever they are now) please delete this account?

We do not delete accounts, we only deactivate them.
bipolarmorgan
Technical Admin

Postby Kryptonite » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:51 pm

Alright. I have to tell someone this because it's too ridiculous to keep to myself.

This morning I ate a fudge sundae pop tart. Well, not too long ago I ran my hand through my hair and realized that a fairly big piece of the pop tart was attached to my hair. Just hanging there. The cream acted as a glue and the brown crust was showing. I am a brunette so I am hoping that no one noticed this.

I'm pretty sure this explains the look I got when I said "Hi, I'm Krypto" and the person looked at me like "...Hi?"

This is an accurate representation of my life on a daily basis. :lol:
#GetShariHerOwnRoom2016
Super Moddie

Postby MamaJoAnna » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:47 pm

Watching a 2-year-old for the day while almost 27 weeks pregnant was very interesting today. And I get to do it all again Wednesday. :lol:
Call me Jo, please.
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper

Postby placebo » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:50 pm

Well, I went from doing random shifts to up to 35hrs/week for the next list. At the same time I don't want to work as much because I don't have as much time for S (and in a way I feel guilty about it), but on the other hand, it is a foot between the door so to speak. To take as many shifts and hope it pays out as a solid job when I graduate and also have more money or cut off some?

S got her ADHD diagnosis back and is now on meds. If this medication wont work out, next step is 4x more expensive (200+ euro) seeing as we've already tried some in the past. Sigh.
placebo
Guru Gossiper

Postby blackbetty » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:32 am

If any of you are the prayin' type, (I'm really not but I'll take all the thoughts/prayers/good vibes I can get today) say one for me today. On Thursday it will be 9 weeks since my surgery and Friday is 11 weeks since my accident. I'm going to see my orthopedist today and hoping like hell I'll be able to start weightbearing again. My range of motion is excellent and my pain level is low and I'm just so very tired of being unable to walk. It's hard as a single parent and I really need to start working again.
#FreeBen
blackbetty
Super Moddie

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Archive