DailyGenderDisappointment Part 24

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: DailyGenderDisappointment Part 24

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I can't imagine poor Bryan explaining that to his mom, "Sure come visit but you have to stay in a hotel."
You know shit got real when I feel sorry for Bryan.
SAHMof1
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by SAHMof1 »

celticrain13 wrote:
SAHMof1 wrote:
OKmom10 wrote:Did they really pre order a car that expensive? And not even try it out? These two kids are nit wits. I'm a Dave Ramsey user and I am pretty certain these two are broke. They're "rich" in credit. When YT ends they will be in serious trouble. My best friend from grade school's dad owns some type of offshore company and is a millionaire - he doesn't spend money this frivolously! I guess I'm just a little annoyed also at the fact that they call themselves Christians yet don't give more to charity instead of buying all new stuff. With the popularity they had with Water for Life I'm sure they could do a lot of good if they kept it up and put effort into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave fan over here also! I completely agree with you also 100%.
which package is better from him? We have debt and wanted to know which one is best to pay off quickly!
Total money makeover is a great book. He also has a radio show you can listen through your phone with the podcast app, the Dave Ramsey show app, or iheart radio, he also offers a class Financial Peace University. All are great :)
nzmum512
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by nzmum512 »

nutbagmcgee wrote:Anyone know why Bryans mom and sister didn't stay with them? Seems weird, they have 5 bedroom.
I was thinking the same thing. That's pretty terrible.
babyspice
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by babyspice »

Did Bryan's mom give custody to his grandmother or something like that? I remember Bryan talking about it in their draw my life. If so, Missy is probably judging Bryan's mom and crying to her best friend Suzanne saying "I don't know how a mother can give away her child" since Missy has been sheltered all her life.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

babyspice wrote:Did Bryan's mom give custody to his grandmother or something like that? I remember Bryan talking about it in their draw my life. If so, Missy is probably judging Bryan's mom and crying to her best friend Suzanne saying "I don't know how a mother can give away her child" since Missy has been sheltered all her life.
I think we all know Missy would do the same if she and Bryan split. There's no way she'd look after her kids alone, and work 2-3 jobs to support them. She'd be on the lookout to find a new "daddy" to take care of them (mainly her). I know she wouldn't think this about herself though, so I'm sure it's one of many things she judges. Nancy sent them away for awhile, but we don't know the reason. It sounds like they went back to her again a short while after that.

Honestly, Missy wouldn't like any mother in law. She grew up in an isolated, compound type world, where it was all about her family alone. I think letting Nancy in, gets in Mimi's way! Not to mention, remember Missy likes to control Bryan? I bet she doesn't like the fact that he loves his mom and sister.

I like Bryan way more with family than I EVER do the Hollisters! Ollie will at least learn joy and acceptance from them. Sure they don't see the healthiest, but their relationship seems natural and loving. (Ollie seemed to take to Gram right away, which I'm sure Missy hated!) The Hollisters come off as very cultish and controlling. Not to mention cold and miserable!

We've debated on here tons whether Bryan is the one pushing his family away and Missy is just supporting him. I think the last couple of days show she's trying to keep them apart and makes things difficult and awkward for him.

spacekitty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by spacekitty »

I can't really see Bryan being the one to push them away because he just looked so happy in his birthday vlog (on E&J's) when he was showing the viewers his mom and sister. I think it's sad he has to say "So this is my sister Bev..." when's the last time we heard "so this is my sister Cassie..."

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

spacekitty wrote:I can't really see Bryan being the one to push them away because he just looked so happy in his birthday vlog (on E&J's) when he was showing the viewers his mom and sister. I think it's sad he has to say "So this is my sister Bev..." when's the last time we heard "so this is my sister Cassie..."

IKR! Not to mention, he says "my sister and my mom" instead of "Auntie Beverly and Gram". Missy never does that! It's Mimi or Papa all the time when talking to Ollie.

There seems to be a definite assumption that the Lannings<Hollisters. I mean, since when are they so classy?

Rosiex3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Rosiex3 »

Missy just doesn't want Bryan's family around. You guys know how uncomfortable missy gets with out Mommy Suzanne there to protect her from mean Bryan's Mommy :'(

ghostgrrl
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ghostgrrl »

I might be projecting but it's possible that Bryan has forgiven his family for whatever went down between them, and Missy has not. As much as I loathe the both of them, I get it on one level. Bryan moved in with missy when things weren't great in his home, I'm sure Bryan was hurt and did a fair amount of shit talking about his mom to Missy, maybe even her parents too. But maybe as he got older, he let the past go in favor of moving on and having a good relationship for Ollie... It seems like Missy didn't let it go. Don't get me wrong, it's definitely in her favor for her to push the Lannings away but there may be something deeper than that too. Maybe she can't forget Bryan crying to her when his family basically abandoned them.

But this is all speculation. *shrug*
OKmom10
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by OKmom10 »

My husband's mom abandoned him when he was two. She just up and left him. He has forgiven her and they have a friendly relationship and he calls her a few times a month or texts her. He loves her, but they're not very close. As his wife I support his decision. I actually think it shows so much good character that he's able to be so forgiving to his mom that left him in a not so happy situation with his dad at the time. I don't hold a grudge against her because that's not my call to make. Missy needs to follow Bryan's lead with his family. Unless they're horrible people (which I doubt) then there's no reason for them to be kept from Oliver. My husband's step dad even tried to "get with me" and I don't keep him from seeing his mom! He just doesn't talk to her husband or allow him near us.

MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

I'm probably going to catch shit for this, but I don't care. Personal life/sob story, skip if you don't want to read. TL;DR and all that shit. Lol.

I call my "mother" my egg donor. We haven't had a proper relationship...ever. Maybe the first couple of years of my life, but that's it. She left my dad (an alcoholic) when I was 2-3 and took me with her, and my dad fought for me, driving 4-6 hours to his (ex?) MIL's house to come and get me every time she would take me away from him. Eventually they met at a halfway point and my ED said "why don't you take her for a while" to my dad. "A while" was basically my entire life after that. They were young (both 20) when they had me, and (I'm assuming) were married bc of me but split. My dad went on to live the whole "sex drugs and rock & roll" lifestyle, just with a kid. I had many "babysitters" (dad's girlfriends/fuck buddies) growing up that took care of me while he worked, or I was with my grandparents. My ED basically popped in maybe once until I was 17. I was 9 years old when she "suddenly came around bc she wanted to see me" and she made a shit ton of promises to me about me going to see her in Alaska (where she was living), getting me a puppy, yadda yadda yadda...she left behind an address I could write to her at and a phone number. After a while, the letters and phone calls stopped (she had our stuff too so it's not like she couldn't have made an effort).

Skip ahead 8 years, I was 17 and about to graduate high school. I found her online and emailed her demanding an explanation for why she wasn't in my life. She comes back with "your dad would intercept the phone calls and bitch at me constantly, so I figured it's better to avoid conflict than to have a relationship with you. oh and by the way you have a 3 year old half sister despite the fact I got in a bad accident not long after leaving you that one Christmas and my back is 'really bad.'" I fell for it and we had a relationship. I even flew out after graduation to see her and meet my sister. It wasn't long after Christmas of THAT year (2006) that I once again magically lost contact with her, no response to my e-mails, anything. It's been 8 years since then. She has no idea I've graduated college, I'm married, I'm pregnant with her grandson, and I'll be damned if she does know. We're both on Facebook, as is my sister, and yet...no contact. Nothing. So I said fuck it and let it go.

Do I still take this shit personally? At times. Mother's Day is a bitch (except where I have my own kid "now"), and her birthday in May is a sore subject for me. Other than that...my give a damn is busted.

TL;DR - I feel for Bryan with his family bc Missy always wants Ollie around Mimi/Papa/Cassie/etc. but I don't because Bryan can easily put his foot down and demand more time with his family. It's not hard. If you want the relationship, make it work like I tried to with my own.
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
Acbsktbll
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Acbsktbll »

Someone should ask if her cousin plans to go back and have 189 ultrasounds to confirm! I was thinking about that in bed last night.. her cousin went to the same place and was told she was having a girl. Sorry missy no hamburger for you. It's all boy!
emma101
Talker
Talker

Unread post by emma101 »

shortstop wrote:Candace from adoption option they've been trying for a 11 years. They have two adopted sons. Great family.
Just looked them up, what an amazing family!

ashleyrr2k
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ashleyrr2k »

jodilo88 wrote:I'm probably going to catch shit for this, but I don't care. Personal life/sob story, skip if you don't want to read. TL;DR and all that shit. Lol.

I call my "mother" my egg donor. We haven't had a proper relationship...ever. Maybe the first couple of years of my life, but that's it. She left my dad (an alcoholic) when I was 2-3 and took me with her, and my dad fought for me, driving 4-6 hours to his (ex?) MIL's house to come and get me every time she would take me away from him. Eventually they met at a halfway point and my ED said "why don't you take her for a while" to my dad. "A while" was basically my entire life after that. They were young (both 20) when they had me, and (I'm assuming) were married bc of me but split. My dad went on to live the whole "sex drugs and rock & roll" lifestyle, just with a kid. I had many "babysitters" (dad's girlfriends/fuck buddies) growing up that took care of me while he worked, or I was with my grandparents. My ED basically popped in maybe once until I was 17. I was 9 years old when she "suddenly came around bc she wanted to see me" and she made a shit ton of promises to me about me going to see her in Alaska (where she was living), getting me a puppy, yadda yadda yadda...she left behind an address I could write to her at and a phone number. After a while, the letters and phone calls stopped (she had our stuff too so it's not like she couldn't have made an effort).

Skip ahead 8 years, I was 17 and about to graduate high school. I found her online and emailed her demanding an explanation for why she wasn't in my life. She comes back with "your dad would intercept the phone calls and bitch at me constantly, so I figured it's better to avoid conflict than to have a relationship with you. oh and by the way you have a 3 year old half sister despite the fact I got in a bad accident not long after leaving you that one Christmas and my back is 'really bad.'" I fell for it and we had a relationship. I even flew out after graduation to see her and meet my sister. It wasn't long after Christmas of THAT year (2006) that I once again magically lost contact with her, no response to my e-mails, anything. It's been 8 years since then. She has no idea I've graduated college, I'm married, I'm pregnant with her grandson, and I'll be damned if she does know. We're both on Facebook, as is my sister, and yet...no contact. Nothing. So I said fuck it and let it go.

Do I still take this shit personally? At times. Mother's Day is a bitch (except where I have my own kid "now"), and her birthday in May is a sore subject for me. Other than that...my give a damn is busted.

TL;DR - I feel for Bryan with his family bc Missy always wants Ollie around Mimi/Papa/Cassie/etc. but I don't because Bryan can easily put his foot down and demand more time with his family. It's not hard. If you want the relationship, make it work like I tried to with my own.
Wow.I'm sorry you had to go through all that.You deserved so much better
spacekitty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by spacekitty »

I'm not surprised she's getting this many ultrasounds. Even if it was a girl, she's still going to fry her baby. Oliver was fried in her womb too. :/

ashleyrr2k
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ashleyrr2k »

What's so bad about Volvos?I have one and love it.
js215
Talker
Talker

Unread post by js215 »

How do they possibly have that much laundry that she has to do a load a day? She's constantly complaining that she's behind or she just folded a crap ton. It's just my husband and I, but I only do one load a week, sometimes two. Having a baby next month but I really don't expect that to add too much on. Seems like an incredible waste of water.
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

I wash our bedspread once a week (I'm anal about having a matching set on the bed lmao) but between my hubby and I, we have so much laundry I have to do our clothes twice a week...the basket fills THAT quickly (especially if he does yard work and changes clothes after work/on weekends, which is common this time of year). I would go insane doing laundry every.single.day.
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
ProSubscriber
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ProSubscriber »

They have huge wardrobes. Since they are so lazy, they put off doing the laundry and just wear something else until they have an absurd pile of dirty clothes and are drowning in laundry. She can fix her laundry problem by them going through their closet and downsizing.

I live in a house of, like, 5 people and we don't have her problem. We get all our laundry done on Sunday, usually.
cats-or-die
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by cats-or-die »

I bet Bryan's mom and sister are staying with his aunt. No doubt Princess Lispy wouldn't give up her bedroom for them, but they probably don't even ask at this point since its so obvious they aren't welcome when the brat is around.

I don't feel bad for Bryan and the situation he's in. He's a grown man who can put his foot down and tell his wife he wants his family around more often. He doesn't have to give in to her so easily (if that is the actual issue at hand). Time to grow up, Bryan. Princess Lispy can't push you around forever.

Return to “Daily Bumps”