Roque&Skube: Exploiting Our Kids On YouTube Part 56

Mamaandmore
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Roque&Skube: Exploiting Our Kids On YouTube Part 56

Unread post by Mamaandmore »

Yeah, I just had my son's third birthday party about a month ago. We had Pizza, cucumbers/carrots/broccoli/cherry tomatoes/snap peas with ranch dip, hummus, and tortilla chips. Plus a fruit tray, and cupcakes for dessert.

I mean - we didn't do a theme for food (just had themed decorations), but I think we hit a good balance of treats (pizza and cupcakes, plus the kids had a ring pop in their take-home bags) and real food (everything else).
foreversoulmates
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by foreversoulmates »

Deadhead_kay wrote:She didn't even have real food. Which leads me to believe it was a quick party that she wasn't supplying lunch or dinner for. It's rare but it happens sometimes. I think there should always be a healthy option though cause some people don't like endlessly snacking on sugar lol

Her real food was the lunchmeat, cheese, and croissants. ;)
mikejones
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by mikejones »

My mom always gave us snacks AND real food. She balanced it out.

THE THEME WAS UNDER THE SEA

Fruits and veggies could've EASY been incorporated into that!
mikejones
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

I mean she LOOOOOOOOVES blue berries so they could've been bubbles.
CamilaCabello
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by CamilaCabello »

@webby the pearl was a sixlet. A piece of chocolate that's very easy to bite into and won't break any teeth. Promise.

I love when Jessica posts party videos so the thread can be a contest of who serves the healthiest meals at a party. Honestly - shut up. It's a birthday party. Jessica's menu was completely fine. No one I've ever met goes to birthday parties expecting to be served a full meal. They expect snacks and what Jessica served was fine.

A lot of sugar? Definitely. But it's a party. this isn't a pissing contest to see who's the better parent because they serve XYZ at their parties and wouldn't never ever serve what Jessica's serving! And to be frank, if I was a kid at a friends party and you served vegetables and no sweets, your party would suck.
esra20
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by esra20 »

CamilaCabello wrote:@webby the pearl was a sixlet. A piece of chocolate that's very easy to bite into and won't break any teeth. Promise.

I love when Jessica posts party videos so the thread can be a contest of who serves the healthiest meals at a party. Honestly - shut up. It's a birthday party. Jessica's menu was completely fine. No one I've ever met goes to birthday parties expecting to be served a full meal. They expect snacks and what Jessica served was fine.

A lot of sugar? Definitely. But it's a party. this isn't a pissing contest to see who's the better parent because they serve XYZ at their parties and wouldn't never ever serve what Jessica's serving! And to be frank, if I was a kid at a friends party and you served vegetables and no sweets, your party would suck.
Exactly what I was thinking!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One M9 met Tapatalk
Deadhead_kay
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Deadhead_kay »

No one said to not serve any sweets. But have a variety for Petes sake lmao. The only birthday parties I've ever been to either take place around lunch or dinner and so real food is involved lol. Of course people are gonna bash her for this, it's just shows she's no good with nutrition. Like chill with your wall of text.
Just the opinion of an internet stranger. Don't take anything personally, for your own sake as well as mine.
mikejones
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

People care because her kids ALWAYS get feed SHIT.
CamilaCabello
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Deadhead_kay wrote:No one said to not serve any sweets. But have a variety for Petes sake lmao. The only birthday parties I've ever been to either take place around lunch or dinner and so real food is involved lol. Of course people are gonna bash her for this, it's just shows she's no good with nutrition. Like chill with your wall of text.
You know what shows she's no good with nutrition? Her daily meals, not the treats she serves at a birthday PARTY. So "like chill" with your super high birthday party standards. You shared your opinion, I shared mine. Discussion over.
Last edited by CamilaCabello on Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rodgerdodger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by rodgerdodger »

Judge Jess for the food she gives her kids on the daily, not food she preps for a themed party for kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CamilaCabello
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

mikejones wrote:People care because her kids ALWAYS get feed SHIT.
and on special occasions like BIRTHDAYS it's OKAY to do that. No ones talking about daily meals Mike. Everyone's going on about all the carrots and ranch dip they serve at their kids parties because they want to seem superior.
mikejones
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

I see your point. Why do we care and compare? They get feed like shit daily, what makes anyone think that Jessica will give them veggies for a party. #liliaHasACavityGrill #L-unit #thisishowjessdo #fuckthenutrition #nutritioncantaitwithus
Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yogabbagabbat »

CamilaCabello wrote:@webby the pearl was a sixlet. A piece of chocolate that's very easy to bite into and won't break any teeth. Promise.

I definitely agree that a party should have lots of sweets. I don't know why people get critiqued about candy at a party. It's a party! And the passive aggressive "must be an American thing" comments can be annoying. Ya.. It's why our parties are kick ass & actually fun. Lol.

But again, the only thing I thought was strange was the lack of sides at the party. Buying a container of potato/macaroni salad isn't too hard & it does make difference. A sandwich & sweets is kind of a weird meal.
Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yogabbagabbat »

Lol at jess trying to post a 'natural' Lilia picture since we always talk about how posed she is. Nice try jess. Lilia just looks like a forgotten mess at your house.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
twomommies
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by twomommies »

Canadiangirl wrote:I had my daughter's bday party this month and I had a huge veggie platter, crackers, lunch meats and cheese. I had bowls of tostitos and salsa and bit and bites and hot dogs since that's the easiest thing since most kids eat them. With the hot dogs I i made home made potato salad and a pasta salad. Kids love veggies and dip and trust me once they see the other kids eating them they all swarm in. I'm all for a bit of sugar at the party but have other options. It probably took me less time and obey too make my food than it did all her sugar crap.
Especially the party store shiny "shells" which were probably about $8 for the small bag! ! Small details don't matter! !!! Plus they're pure sugar!
Maisie_Claire
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Maisie_Claire »

Yogabbagabbat wrote:Lol at jess trying to post a 'natural' Lilia picture since we always talk about how posed she is. Nice try jess. Lilia just looks like a forgotten mess at your house.
God I cannot get used to how disgusting that yard is. I don't even want to know what's been cropped out on either side. Is that toilet paper under mimis shoe?

I feel an ankle injury coming for lilybutt,aren't you supposed to wear shoes under those skates for support?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
vonniebeth
Gossiper
Gossiper
Discord name: vonniebeth

Unread post by vonniebeth »

Maisie_Claire wrote:
Yogabbagabbat wrote:Lol at jess trying to post a 'natural' Lilia picture since we always talk about how posed she is. Nice try jess. Lilia just looks like a forgotten mess at your house.
God I cannot get used to how disgusting that yard is. I don't even want to know what's been cropped out on either side. Is that toilet paper under mimis shoe?

I feel an ankle injury coming for lilybutt,aren't you supposed to wear shoes under those skates for support?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Her whole house is disgusting. That's why they showed Stabby vacuuming the couch in the party prep video.

And it looks like a diaper is under Mimi's shoe, though it's probably just a plastic bag. Either way, it's not a pleasant sight.
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

RIP Seamus, the goodest good boy :love2: 11.08.06-12.08.19
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by blackbetty »

The party was at 2 pm so guests shouldn't arrive expecting a full meal IMO. I thought the pink frosting was gross, that's like decorating frosting. It tastes like balls. It's easier and tastier to make your own buttercream with butter, a tiny bit of milk and vanilla, powdered sugar, and food coloring. Takes 5 mins. Other than that, I think it's stupid she put so much effort into the Pinterest-y food. The kids didn't care. Next time spend that money on something more fun.
#FreeBen
mikejones
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Ooooooh betty how do you know what balls taste like?! (Kidding) I fucking hate colored icing, it's so fucking nasty. Honestly balls probably taste better! That Shit should be illegal. Yuck
sfgiantsgirl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by sfgiantsgirl »

I agree, decorating icing is nasty. Jess needs to learn that making pretty things is a waste if kids aren't going to eat it.

Return to “JesssFam”