YTMD Pet Peeves

blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Unread post by blackbetty »

People with no kids giving parenting advice.

People who get on their soapbox about hot button issues in a thread about someone else.

People who quote too many times and don't fix the quote tags.

People who carry on and on and on about their opinion long after their opinion has been established and the people who don't agree aren't ever going to agree.
#FreeBen
CamilaCabello
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by CamilaCabello »

Mine kind of goes off of Betty's last one, but it's when people refuse to entertain another point of view. you can try to see things from the other side without converting your opinion, you know?
GetYouTubesTied
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by GetYouTubesTied »

Omg Krypto I'm so glad you asked lol. Hands down my biggest pet peeve is when people turn any given topic into an opportunity to rattle on about what kind of lunch they pack for their hubby or what they imagine their son's speech pathologist would say about Alesana's development or how expensive things are in Australia or exactly how gross their carpet would get if they didn't vacuum at least five times a day.

Pretty much any post that opens, "I don't know how it works in {X youtuber's state/country}, but here in {my state/country}..." Yeah, every now and then such information adds to the discussion, but most of the time it's entirely gratuitous. We get that stuff like pre-k, healthcare systems, public assistance programs and higher education vary between nations and in certain cases even between states. No need for hundreds of examples!!

OK phew that kinda felt good

ETA: conspicuous (over)use of the term "hubby"
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

When people post about their sisters friends aunts best friend. We don't care.

Non parents giving parenting advice or making assumptions about how to parent. As an "older mom" it's flipping annoying.

Teenagers who still live at home with mommy and daddy talking about the real world. You don't know anything honey, simmer down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EleanorRigby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by EleanorRigby »

When people are on here so frequently every other reply is by them. It's literally like spam to me. When you are stalking a thread so intently you reply to most of the new posts you need to step back and find another hobby. There's one poster I have foed because of that shit.

Also nit picking. God forbid Airabella dips her feet in a river or Missy wears a bikini. I could never start a YouTube channel thanks to stuff like that lol. I hate these people but sometimes I feel bad about the things that are said about them. :/
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

As a mod, I hate it when people take warnings personally. I'm just doing my job. Don't get your feelings hurt that you're asked to bring it down a notch. And don't kill the messenger! Nine times out of 10, the mod that is talking to you about it isn't the person who's upset about it. It means there were complaints and someone has to deal with the complaint.

I also hate it when people try way too hard to be liked. Be yourself. This is an Internet gossip forum. Friends are just a bonus. You don't have to be over-the-top for people to like you.
#FreeBen
Sosie Lark
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sosie Lark »

I've been trying lately to keep anything personal to two lines or fewer and relating it directly to the topic, because I've been getting super annoyed by the mini-autobiographies.

My top annoyance is if someone's situation lies outside of general statistics and they use that as "evidence" that statistics are bogus. "Well, I married my husband after knowing him two hours and we've been together for ninety bazillion years, so there."
HelloHolaHallo

Unread post by HelloHolaHallo »

blackbettybamf wrote:People with no kids giving parenting advice.

People who get on their soapbox about hot button issues in a thread about someone else.

People who quote too many times and don't fix the quote tags.

People who carry on and on and on about their opinion long after their opinion has been established and the people who don't agree aren't ever going to agree.
Isn't that what you did in the Tayler thread about ERF...just an observation.

The only issue I had with YTMD was when I couldn't see the tapatalk pictures I'm always on my phone so it was kind of annoying but other than that I can't complain much I've done the very things that annoy me at least once :-D
Aboogabooga
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Aboogabooga »

I personally hate all the sanctimommys. Like "omg you're a stay at home mom and you don't make your baby's food from scratch from your all organic garden?!" You lazy terrible mother!!! Sometimes this isn't a gossip forum, it's a place for mothers to belittle each other. I'm not even a mom yet but I already feel so judged lol
HelloHolaHallo

Kryptonite, I never claimed to never have done that. If you read the rest of my comment I wrote
"The only issue I had with YTMD was when I couldn't see the tapatalk pictures I'm always on my phone so it was kind of annoying but other than that I can't complain much I've done the very things that annoy me at least once "

I wasn't implying I've never done it, this is just the boxing ring so I thought I'd just mention an observation. She said she didn't like it when people went on about a soapbox (new word for me am I using it in the right context? Where's Stabby when you need him lol) about controversial issues in someone else's forum. I just simply commented that I thought she did it in the Tayler forum. Being preachy wasn't brought up by me.

Preachy can be different for everyone, what's to me preachy is normal to someone else. I do agree a discussion forum should be started up for different topics because they can go on and on in topics I'm guilty of getting into the heat of a discussion (mikejones Mexican comment sorry lol).
HelloHolaHallo

Oh okay :-D
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

That person asked a specific question about how it's possible for toddlers to RF. which is why my post began with "like this" ;)
#FreeBen
rodgerdodger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by rodgerdodger »

This is my time to shine.

1. Trying to be funny but really you end up making no sense and making the other users uncomfortable and continue to do so to get pity likes.

2. Don't be a fucking martyr on here. Oh, you worked SO hard on doing this for The Forum? You go through soooooo much just to post? We should all be thankful towards you? Nu uh honey. This is a gossip snark site. If you achieve something worthwhile like have a baby, graduate, get married, a promotion SOMETHING then yeah good for you. But if you did something on here and you're expecting people to clutch at their chests and see you as a martyr? Not going to work on me. Take that shit somewhere else.

3. Also, stop fucking picking fights with Betty. We get it. Some of you think she's this power hungry mod who wants to ban anyone who gets in her way. Know who cares? Literally no one. Not even Betty. Stop trying to find imperfections in her posts just for some weird little power trip. It's annoying and it pisses me off. It's one thing to have an opinion and it's another to try and "prove it" by fighting with the most active mod here.

4. Fighting. Jesus Christ. No one gives a shit if you think that breastfeeding until at least fourteen is the best thing to do. And the worst part is, everyone says "ugh let's stop all this fighting" YET THEY ARE THE ONES FEEDING INTO IT. The boxing ring is here for a reason. Go fight about why so and so is an awful parent because they gave them oatmeal for breakfast instead of cereal. Go have your own mommy wars somewhere else (like the Facebook group, I would LOVE to see some of the people on here try and pull half the shit they do over there. Wooooo boy).

5. Also. People being ratchet af. Telling their life stories about paternity drama and listing off the deadbeat baby daddies they have. Stop. We are here to bash the moms on here, and if you're saying how you're just getting your baby off of Methadone, it doesn't bode well for us. Go and take care of your kids. K thx.

6. On the flip-side, Miss. Perfect Mothers. Look, I'm not a Mom so I can't say much, but we all know that every parent makes mistakes. If you go off about how perfect and angelic your child is and how great of a Mom you are for only feeding them organic, grass fed breast milk, people will see through that real quick and will get annoyed even faster.

7. I love hearing people's personal narratives. I'm probably one of the only people here who doesn't get annoyed when people post about their lives. I love it. BUT when someone posts the same thing over and over on pretty much every post ("did I mention? My husband is a certified neurosurgeon" or whatever) it gets really weird and annoying and just please stop.

8. The goddamn photos. Know who cares that you have to click a link to see something on Tapatalk. Or that when you are on your computer the photo downloads? No one. And yeah it sucks, we all struggle with seeing stuff sometimes but it is NOT THE END OF THE WORLD. There are waaaaaaaaaaay bigger issues on this site then being able to see the fucking photos. Calm down. Fix the fact that the site is constantly down for one. Stop being whiny and acting like the photos even fucking matter. They don't.

9. This one everyone agrees with. But if you hate this site and think that we are evil. First off, LOL. Second, just leaaaave. I don't get why minions come here being like "hey you guys are being really mean to Missy and Bryan and they are great parents I bet you are all fatasses with no jobs". What are you trying to prove? That your singular comment will show us the ~light~ to our evil ways? Bitch byeee

10. Also, if someone responds to something you do and points out you're being annoying or whatever. Respond. For the love of GOD, respond. Don't ignore it when someone calls you out. Put on your big girl panties and respond in an adult way. Ignoring someone calling you out is waaaaay more childish than you think.

11. When a topic goes off topic, and someone is like "lol anyways the weather today!" trying to be all cutesy trying to change the subject or something it pisses me off to no end. No. Don't be cutesy trying to get likes or whatever, find something to ACTUALLY talk about and post. I'm sick of the "sooo did Jess dye Lilia's hair?" comments. The horse is dead, stop beating on it.

12. Oh? You disagree with something? SCROLL PAST. Oh you think this is boring? SCROLL PAST. This conversation is problematic for you? SCROLL. FUCKING. PAST. Whenever people bitch about a discussion going on, I usually have no idea what they are talking about because I scroll past things I don't care about/have time for. It's simple, it's easy and it keeps people happy and healthy.

13. Politics. Look, I am a super liberal, feminist, gay rights, SUPER pro-choice, anti-gun, social-justice warrior, anti-republican and anti-conservative lady. Politics get me riled up. If I start arguing politics I wont stop. Ever. I will end up shaking and near tears because I am SO PASSIONATE about my beliefs. I don't want to ever see someones political opinion on here for my own sake lol. But also, for other people as well. Don't discuss politics or religion at a party, and this is a huge online party babe.

14. DO NOT COMMENT ON THE YOUTUBE MOTHERS SOCIAL MEDIA. EVER. STOP. I don't know why this isn't actually in the rules, but IMO a person should be banned the second it is shown that they were writing insulting or "trolling" things on a persons social media. (cough JR cough)

15. This is a gossip site. A snark site. Asspats will not be given out. This goes with the anti-martyr sentiment. But no one will congratulate you on a post except via the thanks. You being passive aggressive about people not responding to your post with enough enthusiasm is ridiculous and immature.

16. If you lie on here you will get caught. You will be called out. You will be mocked and made fun of. There will be no mercy. I and everyone else WILL laugh at your ass.

17. I love gossip and I love drama. I LOVE seeing fights on here or people freaking out. It's my favorite ever. So when there is a fight going on, don't try and play peacemaker (unless you want to join in then by all means). If fights get too out of hand that is what the MODS are for. Don't play mod. Let me please watch something funny and entertaining play out before the adults come and break it up. Don't be that nerdy kid trying to break up two crazy women duke it out. Party pooper.
Cranberry
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Cranberry »

I had a lot but you guys covered most of them :D Here are a few more that come to mind~

When the vloggers do something good and people say "LOOK who's been reading here" and "they just did it for the views." Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Someone disagrees with another poster's opinion and they reply back with insults and name calling. Don't expect people to respect your opinion if you won't do the same.

This has already been said but oh god, the personal stories. Sometimes they can be helpful to the current discussion, like if we're debating on the validity of a youtube mom's parenting choice and someone pipes in that they did that with their kids, or their doctor said not to do that. But then there's always someone who tells this long-ass story and I'm reading through it, like, good for you? The worst is when someone says something like what age their child started kindergarten and dozens of people feel the need to reply what age they started.
EleanorRigby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by EleanorRigby »

10. Also, if someone responds to something you do and points out you're being annoying or whatever. Respond. For the love of GOD, respond. Don't ignore it when someone calls you out. Put on your big girl panties and respond in an adult way. Ignoring someone calling you out is waaaaay more childish than you think.
THIS. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.
HeavenOnlyKnows

Unread post by HeavenOnlyKnows »

When moms on here think their opinion is the only one that matters because they are a mom so of course they know everything about everything and no one else can say anything because if you don't have a child your opinion just doesn't matter. Luckily most posters I see aren't like this, but the few that are REALLY annoy me with their condescension.

Personal anecdotes and stories are one thing, but when EVERY post is ONLY ever about YOU and adds nothing to the conversation, go start a blog. If we're talking about a youtuber's failed birth control and you post about how yours failed too, I don't think that's a problem. Same if a youtuber posts a video of their kids party and you mention what you served at your party. It's a little off topic but I don't see it as a big deal. BUT when I go on a mom's thread and I see you posted your instagram picture of you meeting Mitt Romney because it's just so cool you had to share! Go post in off topic or gtfo. You are literally adding nothing to the conversation, you're just being an attention whore.

Posters who are so in love with their favorite youtuber that they come on here and defend every single thing they do no matter how asinine it is. We get it. You like this youtuber. That's okay! This is a gossip site not a hate site and I can also give credit where it's due. But if your favorite youtuber is doing something idiotic but you STILL defend them, that's what I call a minion so why are you even here?
happymommy
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by happymommy »

When you say you opinion and that one person takes offense and starts quoting you to prove you wrong.

8-) 8-) 8-)
spacekitty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by spacekitty »

When people whine for multiple pages

oopsifartedagain
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by oopsifartedagain »

Quote Begins-----Well I am a pretty recent lurker and I just wanted to take this opportunity to tell you guys that for my daughter's third birthday I served kale, organic flax rhubarb muffins, a quinoa salad (with tomatoes, cucumbers, black beans, lime juice, and cilantro), lentils mixed with chia seeds, and a sugar-free buckwheat cake... because I'm a GOOD MOM.
Seriously, some days this board is hilarious but other days it's just bizarre. Sorry- I felt compelled to say it...
Quote Ends----------

Crap like this. People begging for approval or just trying to prove they're a good parent. I do it too, no one wants to be disliked but WHOOOO CARESS WHAT YOU FED YOUR SPAWN ON THEIR BIRTHDAY?!?!?!?

sent from-mimi's camper
spacekitty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by spacekitty »

oopsifartedagain wrote:Quote Begins-----Well I am a pretty recent lurker and I just wanted to take this opportunity to tell you guys that for my daughter's third birthday I served kale, organic flax rhubarb muffins, a quinoa salad (with tomatoes, cucumbers, black beans, lime juice, and cilantro), lentils mixed with chia seeds, and a sugar-free buckwheat cake... because I'm a GOOD MOM.
Seriously, some days this board is hilarious but other days it's just bizarre. Sorry- I felt compelled to say it...
Quote Ends----------

Crap like this. People begging for approval or just trying to prove they're a good parent. I do it too, no one wants to be disliked but WHOOOO CARESS WHAT YOU FED YOUR SPAWN ON THEIR BIRTHDAY?!?!?!?

sent from-mimi's camper
Lol I just replied to this!
Tbh if I went to that party as a kid I'd go home bitching for some real cake. Sorry but that sounds BORING. Maybe Jess goes overboard (and I'm not going to make this thread on all Jess) but seriously, at least she serves the right idea of a treat at a birthday party..

Return to “Boxing Ring”