• Advertisement

Formatting Help: What To Delete When Posting 3+ Quotes

Current Site News

Formatting Help: What To Delete When Posting 3+ Quotes

Postby blackbetty » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:51 am

So this is what the code will look like in the text box. I, of course, have to edit the code so it will break it and you can see what part of the code and such to remove, so when you try this at home, leave the code alone unless you are deleting it! I'll color code it so you guys can see what corresponds to what do it's not super confusing when trying to figure out which open quote with poster's name you should delete. It's really pretty easy, so I think seeing it visually will help make it easy for everyone and keep shit formatted all nicely.

[ quote="poster3"][ quote="poster2"][ quote="poster1"]
Hi guys! So here we have the first of 3 quotes. *loud kids in background* This is going to be the first quote in the post that shows up in the list, but it is actually the oldest quote, aka the first post someone replied to. *adjusts bra strap* So, like, delete everything that is pink. The open quote with the poster's name, *loud children in background* the content of their post, and the close quote tag after it. The next set of text is the next poster's quote. [/ quote]

So if you follow me on Instagram then you probably already know... *chest scratch* This is where the second quote goes. *Lilia comes in and interrupts* I'm making a video right now! Say "hi YouTube " Lilia! "Hi YouTube!" So if you need to remove more than one quote like if the formatting is already messed up, you can just delete this purple stuff too! *hyena laugh*
[ /quote]

So ironically, the first open quote tag with the poster's name corresponds to the last quote in the list! *Jess and Mimi both hyena laugh as Landen walks by chewing on a nursing bra strap* So all this blue stuff goes together! I hope that seeing this all color coded will make it easier to see how it actually works and make it easier to edit the post so we can all follow it! *chest scratch* Well that's pretty much it! I need to get off of here so I can get this edited and posted so I'll see you all in my next tutorial! Bye! *whistle music*[ /quote]

And here's what it should look like without the code all broken up!

poster3 wrote:
poster2 wrote:
poster1 wrote:Hi guys! So here we have the first of 3 quotes. *loud kids in background* This is going to be the first quote in the post that shows up in the list, but it is actually the oldest quote, aka the first post someone replied to. *adjusts bra strap* So, like, delete everything that is pink. The open quote with the poster's name, *loud children in background* the content of their post, and the close quote tag after it. The next set of text is the next poster's quote.

So if you follow me on Instagram then you probably already know... *chest scratch* This is where the second quote goes. *Lilia comes in and interrupts* I'm making a video right now! Say "hi YouTube " Lilia! "Hi YouTube!" So if you need to remove more than one quote like if the formatting is already messed up, you can just delete this purple stuff too! *hyena laugh*

So ironically, the first open quote tag with the poster's name corresponds to the last quote in the list! *Jess and Mimi both hyena laugh as Landen walks by chewing on a nursing bra strap* So all this blue stuff goes together! I hope that seeing this all color coded will make it easier to see how it actually works and make it easier to edit the post so we can all follow it! *chest scratch* Well that's pretty much it! I need to get off of here so I can get this edited and posted so I'll see you all in my next tutorial! Bye! *whistle music*
#FreeBen
blackbetty
Super Moddie

Advertisement

Re: What to delete when quoting 3+ posts at once:formatting

Postby Greys Encyclopedia » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:18 am

blackbettybamf wrote:So this is what the code will look like in the text box. I, of course, have to edit the code so it will break it and you can see what part of the code and such to remove, so when you try this at home, leave the code alone unless you are deleting it! I'll color code it so you guys can see what corresponds to what do it's not super confusing when trying to figure out which open quote with poster's name you should delete. It's really pretty easy, so I think seeing it visually will help make it easy for everyone and keep shit formatted all nicely.

[ quote="poster3"][ quote="poster2"][ quote="poster1"]
Hi guys! So here we have the first of 3 quotes. *loud kids in background* This is going to be the first quote in the post that shows up in the list, but it is actually the oldest quote, aka the first post someone replied to. *adjusts bra strap* So, like, delete everything that is pink. The open quote with the poster's name, *loud children in background* the content of their post, and the close quote tag after it. The next set of text is the next poster's quote. [/ quote]

[ /quote]

So ironically, the first open quote tag with the poster's name corresponds to the last quote in the list! *Jess and Mimi both hyena laugh as Landen walks by chewing on a nursing bra strap* So all this blue stuff goes together! I hope that seeing this all color coded will make it easier to see how it actually works and make it easier to edit the post so we can all follow it! *chest scratch* Well that's pretty much it! I need to get off of here so I can get this edited and posted so I'll see you all in my next tutorial! Bye! *whistle music*[ /quote]

And here's what it should look like without the code all broken up!

poster3 wrote:
poster2 wrote:

So ironically, the first open quote tag with the poster's name corresponds to the last quote in the list! *Jess and Mimi both hyena laugh as Landen walks by chewing on a nursing bra strap* So all this blue stuff goes together! I hope that seeing this all color coded will make it easier to see how it actually works and make it easier to edit the post so we can all follow it! *chest scratch* Well that's pretty much it! I need to get off of here so I can get this edited and posted so I'll see you all in my next tutorial! Bye! *whistle music*

Testing
Greys Encyclopedia
Super Moddie

Postby Greys Encyclopedia » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:19 am

lizyfignewton wrote:
Testing

I think I may have done it right.
Question: do I have to write my reply before I mess with the quotes?

ETA: I. Did. It...
Greys Encyclopedia
Super Moddie

Postby blackbetty » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:28 am

Yay! You did it!

I think seeing the color coding makes it easier to see how they translate from the random text box to the page Hahahaha no one remembers who said what so you can delete the wrong thing and it doesn't make sense. It helps to see it this way I think! You got it girlfriend!
#FreeBen
blackbetty
Super Moddie

Postby Greys Encyclopedia » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:38 pm

The colors definitely helped. I've tried that before on a regular post and I guess I ended up deleting the wrong tags(?). Now we'll see if I can do it regularly and not be a pain like the pictures ;)
Greys Encyclopedia
Super Moddie

Return to NEWS