E+J: Calvin the 6-month-old newborn Part 7

GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+J: Calvin the 6-month-old newborn Part 7

Unread post by GymChick »

Acbsktbll wrote:For those saying Jared was just tossing his parents stuff.. you realize that they most likely asked for help? Having helped many family and friends, most will tell you it's easier for someone else to help go through your stuff because they don't have that attachment issue with it.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
I understand this. My issue wasn't him tossing the stuff, my issue was him calling it all "junk" while filming it all for the world to see. It was obvious his parents were attached to it so calling it junk was rude in my opinion and filming it in the manner he did would be sorta embarrassing (especially the Moldy 8 year old gateraide- which Ellie blamed on Jared but obviously it looks bad on his parents since they didn't touch that back pack in 8 years) at least for me it would, his parents may have been fine with it. And lastly he seemed patronizing/ and filmed himself basically bragging about how much they needed his help. By his parents facial cues, in my opinion, it was hard for them and slightly embarrassing and I don't think he was sensitive enough on film. Ellie on the other hand was great, she didn't call it junk and she complimented his MIL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hellomydolly
Informer
Informer

Unread post by hellomydolly »

Calvin's neck looks like it is getting worse, not better. Do people with torticullis ever get better or are they always like that?
queenieme
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by queenieme »

hellomydolly wrote:Calvin's neck looks like it is getting worse, not better. Do people with torticullis ever get better or are they always like that?
My son was born with torticollis and with the help of physical therapy (for 18 months), his neck is completely healed. You can't even tell he had an issue with it.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

What did everyone think of the Ziploc sponsorship?
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

I'm a little confused... I just watched the vlog with Jackson pooping on the floor... Some of you made it sound like they had just taken his clothes off with no purpose, and just carelessly left him unclothed, but Ellie very clearly said she had just taken off his clothes to go give him a bath? Obviously he'd be naked if she was about to give him a bath.

Also, with the sponsorship I enjoyed that it was mentioned first hand that Ziploc was working with them.

WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

HelloSweetie1 wrote:What did everyone think of the Ziploc sponsorship?
I had planned to buy Ziploc bags and containers for storing cookie doughs and after seeing that I don't want to buy them. I know my little purchase won't count for much, but I'm putting it off for a few days. She did a good enough job, didn't flub her lines, it was short and sweet. What did you think of it?
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Whatshesaid_2015 wrote:
I had planned to buy Ziploc bags and containers for storing cookie doughs and after seeing that I don't want to buy them. I know my little purchase won't count for much, but I'm putting it off for a few days. She did a good enough job, didn't flub her lines, it was short and sweet. What did you think of it?
I'm a little lost, you thought it was good but after seeing the video you don't want to purchase them?

PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

^^^ ditto. I don't understand?

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Whatshesaid_2015 wrote:
Lol, all I could think when she mentioned how they'd always used Ziploc was "is this another check off the bucket list?".

It was ok, and obviously it needed to be Ellie that did it, but there is something about her plugs that just don't feel natural. It's off putting.

Jared is much better at it because of his enthusiasm, although that I know is offputting to people too.

Why is Ziploc even bothering to advertise bags on YT? I mean, isn't it a brand/product that pretty much everyone uses unless they are more natural?
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

E+J: Calvin the 6-month-old newborn Part 7

HelloSweetie1 wrote:
Lol, all I could think when she mentioned how they'd always used Ziploc was "is this another check off the bucket list?".

It was ok, and obviously it needed to be Ellie that did it, but there is something about her plugs that just don't feel natural. It's off putting.

Jared is much better at it because of his enthusiasm, although that I know is offputting to people too.

Why is Ziploc even bothering to advertise bags on YT? I mean, isn't it a brand/product that pretty much everyone uses unless they are more natural?
I know I'm a recording when I say this, it's her voice. Her inflections are totally unnatural sounding and practically monotone and I always say she sounds tone deaf lol. She definitely can't act! I definitely don't mind the sponsorship, but I'd definitely agree that Ellie isn't the best spokesperson.

PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

^^^ holy crap. "Definitely. Definitely. Definitely."

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

lurkymclurkerston wrote:^^^ holy crap. "Definitely. Definitely. Definitely." Image

Lol, didn't catch it until you pointed it out!
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

I actually prefer Ellie doing the sponsors more than Jared... Just something about Jared is so off putting to me, I usually immediately click off when he does sponsorships

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

On the subject of sponsorships... someone mentioned on a board (Bonnie or DB maybe?) that many vloggers have gotten Pampers sponsorships like E&J and have been open about the "grants" they received. Who are the other vloggers and what is the grant?

When E&J did theirs I thought it was some exclusive partnership they had (hence the bucket list) and not just another all over YT type partnership.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Sorry for DP....

Also, can someone explain to me the purpose of the end-slate voiceover? Is it artistic? Funny? Informative? To me all I hear is Shay when Jared does it, and totally didn't get the point of Ellie doing it today at all. That said, I did discover how much she sounds like Kayli Butler. It's distracting!
Urine_Bandant12
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Urine_Bandant12 »

HelloSweetie1 wrote:On the subject of sponsorships... someone mentioned on a board (Bonnie or DB maybe?) that many vloggers have gotten Pampers sponsorships like E&J and have been open about the "grants" they received. Who are the other vloggers and what is the grant?

When E&J did theirs I thought it was some exclusive partnership they had (hence the bucket list) and not just another all over YT type partnership.
Is that why they're always running out of diapers? In more than one vlog they've ran out of diapers, which seemed sorta odd to me because if you've run out, you just go to the shop and buy more.
Urine_Bandant12
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Urine_Bandant12 »

It felt... odd?... Fake?... False?... Made up?... Lacking creativity?

I dont think it was that she did a bad job of it, just seemed weird how she did it. Was she specifically asked to do a video on travelling with ziplock bags? It seems odd to me that she gets a sponsorship for ziploc and then talks about using 2 bags when travelling. (and no mention about needing to use a clear bag for airport security) When I think of ziplock bags and/or containers, using them for travel is about the last thing I think of.

Now a special container of Mom's homemade cookies/fudge... ect a cute montague of it being made and packaged with love (even though scripted) would have made more sense. Or using a container to put in crayons or cars or puzzles, anything for the kids. Or packing a lunch for the way.

They're light but strong, convient different sizes for all your needs, but at the same time if it get broken when you're travelling its not something overly expensive, and can still be recycled.
js215
Talker
Talker

Unread post by js215 »

HelloSweetie1 wrote:On the subject of sponsorships... someone mentioned on a board (Bonnie or DB maybe?) that many vloggers have gotten Pampers sponsorships like E&J and have been open about the "grants" they received. Who are the other vloggers and what is the grant?

E+J partnered with Huggies.I don't think they've said anymore about it since that one vlog...

As for Pampers, I remember Britt Null saying she did not like Huggies diapers...maybe they got sponsored by Pampers? They are also the type to be open about money and sponsorships. I don't watch them a ton though.
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

Urine_Bandant12 wrote:
It felt... odd?... Fake?... False?... Made up?... Lacking creativity?

I dont think it was that she did a bad job of it, just seemed weird how she did it. Was she specifically asked to do a video on travelling with ziplock bags? It seems odd to me that she gets a sponsorship for ziploc and then talks about using 2 bags when travelling. (and no mention about needing to use a clear bag for airport security) When I think of ziplock bags and/or containers, using them for travel is about the last thing I think of.

Now a special container of Mom's homemade cookies/fudge... ect a cute montague of it being made and packaged with love (even though scripted) would have made more sense. Or using a container to put in crayons or cars or puzzles, anything for the kids. Or packing a lunch for the way.

They're light but strong, convient different sizes for all your needs, but at the same time if it get broken when you're travelling its not something overly expensive, and can still be recycled.

You are really, really good at this! If I were Ellie I'd have consulted with you before doing her endorsement. She didn't do a bad job, but it wasn't sincere and she didn't put any thought into it imo. Furthermore, I've never seen any Ziploc products in her home. But it was short and to the point which is fine by me. I'd much have her pitching it than Jared. And I prefer Katie making the pitch over Cullen. My Ziploc purchases are baking related which is why I didn't make a point of buying them today. It can wait.
mandylouwho
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by mandylouwho »

The daily Davidson's just did a pampers sponsored video but they donated a ton on behalf of pampers. I'm sure they also got a check as well as some products but it was more than just an ad.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”