alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Joel Had A Really Nice Time ;) Part 3

Unread post by alym0326 »

ohmygoshyouguys wrote:
alym0326 wrote:I think people (at least myself) have a problem with the wet diaper thing because whether or not his diaper was wet or if he was stalling, her response was the problem... The fact that she said that on the basis that he DID in fact pee that she wouldn't change him right now and would in the morning... Whether or not he did pee is irrelevant, the issue with me is her response.

Also, I remember someone warning people a while ago about asking if people have Children themselves... As it is irrelevant to the conversation and someone's opinion shouldn't be judged based on if they have children...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think those of us who are parents find it pretty relevant, because we are in the trenches of parenthood and can understand the decisions other parents make more easily. But everyone's opinions are welcome of course and people can always disagree.
I was just stating what was said the last time someone asked if someone was a parent... I'm not a parent, but I work with children every single day... I don't think I need to be a parent to understand parenting.

ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ohmygoshyouguys »

alym0326 wrote:
ohmygoshyouguys wrote:
alym0326 wrote:I think people (at least myself) have a problem with the wet diaper thing because whether or not his diaper was wet or if he was stalling, her response was the problem... The fact that she said that on the basis that he DID in fact pee that she wouldn't change him right now and would in the morning... Whether or not he did pee is irrelevant, the issue with me is her response.

Also, I remember someone warning people a while ago about asking if people have Children themselves... As it is irrelevant to the conversation and someone's opinion shouldn't be judged based on if they have children...

I think those of us who are parents find it pretty relevant, because we are in the trenches of parenthood and can understand the decisions other parents make more easily. But everyone's opinions are welcome of course and people can always disagree.
I was just stating what was said the last time someone asked if someone was a parent... I'm not a parent, but I work with children every single day... I don't think I need to be a parent to understand parenting.

See, to me, that's like saying "I don't think someone needs to be a brain surgeon to understand brain surgery." lol. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one! I still like reading your thoughts though.
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Bonnie Hoellein: Joel Had A Really Nice Time ;) Part 3

ohmygoshyouguys wrote:
alym0326 wrote:
ohmygoshyouguys wrote: I think those of us who are parents find it pretty relevant, because we are in the trenches of parenthood and can understand the decisions other parents make more easily. But everyone's opinions are welcome of course and people can always disagree.

See, to me, that's like saying "I don't think someone needs to be a brain surgeon to understand brain surgery." lol. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one! I still like reading your thoughts though.
Well, no. I disagree as those are too very different things. I'm not a parent, but I spend more time with some of the children in my day care than they do with their parents. The only difference between me and them, is that they aren't my children, but I take care of them as if they were my own.

And yes, I guess we will agree to disagree :)

Edit: ugh sorry, still can't figure out quoting on Tapatalk

youmustbecrazy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by youmustbecrazy »

i can't even with this forum right now.
westwuff
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by westwuff »

I think of it more as a continuum...at one end a person who has zero experience around children, and at the other, those that stay home with their kiddos 24/7.

Your experience with the children you care for gives you more insight that others for sure, but I'm sure you don't make all the critical decisions for those children (do you decide how to discipline? If or when to vaccinate? What types of food to feed?) There -is- a difference, and i was in your position (working with children more hours a day than their parents saw them) before having my daughter, so I can say with even more certainty that it isn't the same.

One day, if you wish, you may find this to be true as well . Your own children (biological, adopted, or otherwise) are infinitely more wonderful, more frustrating, and more bonded to you than ones you will nanny for.
AutumnLane
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by AutumnLane »

I just can't even believe it's being discussed. If I had watched that clip without reading here first I never would have given it a second thought. Her tone wasn't mean and she wasn't impatient when he came out of his room. The conversation with Olivia really didn't tell us much. When he walked to his bedroom his diaper didn't look like it was sagging down. I just don't see her as the type to have her kids go to bed with a heavily soiled diaper.

Now when the kids were sitting on the glass table.....that was a valid argument. That you could obviously see in the footage. We don't know if he did in fact actually have a soiled diaper or just simply stalling bedtime. She also could have changed him in between clips. I don't know guess it's just not what I was expecting after reading here. Agreed to disagree.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Show me someone who never gossips, and I'll show you someone who isn't interested in people. ~Barbara Walters
usmellllikesnow
BANNED
BANNED

Unread post by usmellllikesnow »

So I'm curious. If the only opinions in this thread that are valid are people who are mothers, then why is this forum open to anyone?

Sorry, but just because someone pushes a baby out of their vagina does not mean they are a mother. Sometimes mothers suck, and other people have to raise their kids. I'm here to tell you, I work with kids every day, and there are plenty of crappy parents.

I'm so tired of the holier than thou attitude when people disagree. Can we please just agree to have a difference of opinion and do not tell people their viewpoint is irrelevant based on your judgement of their life? That is so disrespectful.
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

The point ISNT about whether or not it was actually a dirty diaper... It was that he told her he had one and her response to him saying that was "I will change you in the morning"... Why would she let him go to bed on the assumption that it WAS in fact a dirty diaper...

Also I know that being a mother and watching children are two different experiences, but I don't think that should change the validity of our opinions...

alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

I apologize for the double post but I just don't see why it's so absurd for us to be discussing something we disagree with.. After all, this is what this thread is for... It's not a rave thread or a trash thread.

youmustbecrazy
Gossiper
Gossiper

What the fuck is wrong with you people? Seriously, no one cares about your job or whether you're a parent or not. This thread is about BONNIE, not Childcare vs parents. Damn.
meganshay
Informer
Informer

Unread post by meganshay »

alym0326 wrote:The point ISNT about whether or not it was actually a dirty diaper... It was that he told her he had one and her response to him saying that was "I will change you in the morning"... Why would she let him go to bed on the assumption that it WAS in fact a dirty diaper...

Also I know that being a mother and watching children are two different experiences, but I don't think that should change the validity of our opinions...

I don't think it's a mom vs non-mom thing. I think it's a 'do you think his diaper was dirty?' or not thing. I really don't see any of the vloggers I watch, including those I don't like, purposefully leaving their kid in a dirty diaper. I'm 99.9% sure it wasn't dirty and she knows her kids enough to know he was saying he went so he could stay up later/see what Olivia was doing/get more snuggles.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

No one is being persecuted for their views on this board. We hear your opinions loud and clear. Many of us just disagree.

No one is a victim here.
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

meganshay wrote:
alym0326 wrote:The point ISNT about whether or not it was actually a dirty diaper... It was that he told her he had one and her response to him saying that was "I will change you in the morning"... Why would she let him go to bed on the assumption that it WAS in fact a dirty diaper...

I don't think it's a mom vs non-mom thing. I think it's a 'do you think his diaper was dirty?' or not thing. I really don't see any of the vloggers I watch, including those I don't like, purposefully leaving their kid in a dirty diaper. I'm 99.9% sure it wasn't dirty and she knows her kids enough to know he was saying he went so he could stay up later/see what Olivia was doing/get more snuggles.

Agree to disagree but I'm basing my opinion off of what was said and shown in the vlog, not an assumption about who Bonnie is as a mother. My opinion has nothing to do with "was it dirty" or not, her response formed my opinion.

And with youmustbecrazy, I agree with you that no one cares. The only reason myself and usmelllikesnow stated that we work with children is because this isn't the first occasion where after we've stated our opinion someone has said something to the effect of "are you a mother" or "when you have children your opinion might change". We were simply just defending our opinion with a fact of our "knowledge and experience".

usmellllikesnow
BANNED
BANNED

Unread post by usmellllikesnow »

HelloSweetie1 wrote:No one is being persecuted for their views on this board. We hear your opinions loud and clear. Many of us just disagree.

No one is a victim here.
FACT. People in this thread have been told their opinions are wrong because they are not a parent or married on more than one occasion. Please let's not pretend that didn't happen.

All I'm asking is can we please be done with that and get back to discussing what happens in the vlog? I don't think it's an unreasonable request.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

alym0326 wrote:
meganshay wrote:

Agree to disagree but I'm basing my opinion off of what was said and shown in the vlog, not an assumption about who Bonnie is as a mother. My opinion has nothing to do with "was it dirty" or not, her response formed my opinion.

And with youmustbecrazy, I agree with you that no one cares. The only reason myself and usmelllikesnow stated that we work with children is because this isn't the first occasion where after we've stated our opinion someone has said something to the effect of "are you a mother" or "when you have children your opinion might change". We were simply just defending our opinion with a fact of our "knowledge and experience".

Ok. I'll bite. No, you don't need to be a mother to know common sense parenting things. Yes, as a professional child provider you probably know a lot more than many mothers. At the same time, as Westwuff said, it's a spectrum.

That said, I think the mother thing comes up here time and time again because Bonnie gets called out for pretty much anything these days by the same few people and sometimes the things are actually very normal. On any other board people will agree to disagree, but not this one.

Alym, I like you and value your opinion, but this wouldn't have gone downhill like it did it if you had just clarified from the beginning that you didn't mean to imply a care provider is the same as a parent. You were offended yesterday by a comment, and this is the same thing.

Guys, can we drop this now? The kids are busy enjoying the holidays and don't want to come babysit. We are big girls Image
youmustbecrazy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Funny, everyone wants the last word while still saying 'let's drop it'. Shut up. Just shut up.

Someone pm me when this thread is relevant again.
westwuff
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by westwuff »

I'm sorry if I upset some people with what I wrote. That was not my intention and I do think everyone has a right to state their opinion.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

seriously? who keeps running to you and tattle tailing? are the members here 5 years old? pretty sure everyone here besides the trolls should be capable of sorting their issues out themselves. geez, louise.
Carolina
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Carolina »

<3 I'm glad Bonnie is going back to three times a week, I feel like the blogs are better. When I see how she is with Olivia doing her nails it melts my hearth, those mother daughter moments she will have forever.
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

actuallydear wrote:seriously? who keeps running to you and tattle tailing? are the members here 5 years old? pretty sure everyone here besides the trolls should be capable of sorting their issues out themselves. geez, louise.
Does YTMD even have trolls? Haha. The only thread I think I've seen a troll was on the DB thread or Sam & Nias. But absolutely agree that it's not necessary for someone to keep running to the mods all the time, and we should all be able to sort our issues out amongst ourselves!

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”