Bonnie Hoellein: Joel Had A Really Nice Time ;) Part 3

ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Joel Had A Really Nice Time ;) Part 3

Unread post by ohmygoshyouguys »

I think when you have a big family you learn to pick your battles with germs. A cold? No big deal. Stomach flu or strep, another story. That's how I am with my 4 kids anyway.

Lincoln is the cutest baby EVAH. And I love how Olivia is such a little mommy to him. So sweet.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

There's still no reason to share utensils and dishes when sick though, even if it is just a cold. Why do it? Sick is sick to kids, it's no fun.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I agree with both sides. We don't all share utensils regularly (maybe one or two of us at a time) but we definitely avoid that if anyone is sick. Between working in the hospital and having a school age child, someone is always sick.

That said, cleaning when we have colds in the house is very different than cleaning when there's the stomach flu. Any gastro symptoms and the sicko is isolated and the infected areas are cleaned top to bottom. Colds we just keep things wiped down.
CanYouJustNot
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by CanYouJustNot »

I tend to think that the way parents deal with sickness in their household changes with each family. In their household with the common cold I would just assume everyone would get it regardless, and I would try to disinfect but I wouldn't go out of my way too much. In a household with someone who gets very sick just with a common cold, I would do much more. I think it all depends on the family and their circumstances.
usmellllikesnow
BANNED
BANNED

Unread post by usmellllikesnow »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:There's still no reason to share utensils and dishes when sick though, even if it is just a cold. Why do it? Sick is sick to kids, it's no fun.
Absolutely, and why take the risk when you have an infant in the house? A sick baby is a nightmare!
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

The only things I can think of that I really hope would change about Bonnie is the lack of safety and the not really taking all the proper precautions to avoid illness (what we're currently discussing with sharing utensils). Other than that I do think she is a fairly great mom. Just those two pretty big things.

I absolutely love their home though, it makes me want to buy a fixer upper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

Bonnie's less than 5000 away from 200k subscribers!

zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

I wonder if the Weight Watchers discussion was sponsored by them or if they asked her to do it. Half of her vlog today was about Weight Watchers. Of course there's nothing wrong with WW at all - they do great things for people!
alexandriablue
Talker
Talker

Unread post by alexandriablue »

zipadeedodah wrote:I wonder if the Weight Watchers discussion was sponsored by them or if they asked her to do it. Half of her vlog today was about Weight Watchers. Of course there's nothing wrong with WW at all - they do great things for people!
Yep, in the description box it says it was sponsored by Weight Watchers. She did have a natural segue into the discussion but I started getting suspicious when she started to sound like a little like an ad (I think I am more sensitive to it now that every vlogger does sponsorships). I didn't really mind it because she is usually more natural than other vloggers when she talks about it but I hope they don't become a frequent occurence.
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

alexandriablue wrote:
zipadeedodah wrote:I wonder if the Weight Watchers discussion was sponsored by them or if they asked her to do it. Half of her vlog today was about Weight Watchers. Of course there's nothing wrong with WW at all - they do great things for people!
Yep, in the description box it says it was sponsored by Weight Watchers. She did have a natural segue into the discussion but I started getting suspicious when she started to sound like a little like an ad (I think I am more sensitive to it now that every vlogger does sponsorships). I didn't really mind it because she is usually more natural than other vloggers when she talks about it but I hope they don't become a frequent occurence.
I must have missed it in the description. Work is kind of crazy so I just kind of skimmed the description box.
usmellllikesnow
BANNED
BANNED

I thought she was back to MWF vlogs? Guess I missed it today, but do I want to watch a Weight Watchers commercial?
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

usmellllikesnow wrote:
I thought she was back to MWF vlogs? Guess I missed it today, but do I want to watch a Weight Watchers commercial?
She said that for sure there will be MWF videos. She liked doing the daily videos but she doesn't want the pressure so she said she will add bonus videos if she feels like it. I think filming and editing is easy and fun for her. She's the type where if she is having a stressful day or doesn't feel like it she can't just not post since she don't promise it.

ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ohmygoshyouguys »

usmellllikesnow wrote:
Like all of Bonnie's sponsorships, it wasn't in your face or pushy. Very natural actually. And it wasn't the whole vlog.
usmellllikesnow
BANNED
BANNED

I think the WW thing will be super easy for her. She really does not have a lot of weight to lose.

I'm also glad she (kinda) gave us an update on supplementing Lincoln with formula. I think that change has definitely helped him gain. I would love to know what he weighs now.

Jared and Joel are pretty cute when they are together. I really enjoy vlogs where they are all together and I think it's sweet Ellie and Bonnie take turns cooking for each other.
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

New to Bonnie - what's the inspiration with the title?
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

MamaJoAnna wrote:New to Bonnie - what's the inspiration with the title?
The thread title? Joel winks and says "I had a really nice time" at the end of some of the vlogs.
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

HelloSweetie1 wrote:
MamaJoAnna wrote:New to Bonnie - what's the inspiration with the title?
The thread title? Joel winks and says "I had a really nice time" at the end of some of the vlogs.
Oh okay! LOL I got watching her because she came up recommended in my YouTube stuff from E&J and so I've only watched a couple of vlogs. Thanks!
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

usmellllikesnow wrote:I think the WW thing will be super easy for her. She really does not have a lot of weight to lose.

I'm also glad she (kinda) gave us an update on supplementing Lincoln with formula. I think that change has definitely helped him gain. I would love to know what he weighs now.

Jared and Joel are pretty cute when they are together. I really enjoy vlogs where they are all together and I think it's sweet Ellie and Bonnie take turns cooking for each other.
Not that it matters, but do we know she stuck to formula? Only asking because the bottle Lincoln was "holding" looked like breastmilk to me. Could be totally wrong. It was a quick glance.

zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lurkymclurkerston wrote:
usmellllikesnow wrote:I think the WW thing will be super easy for her. She really does not have a lot of weight to lose.

Not that it matters, but do we know she stuck to formula? Only asking because the bottle Lincoln was "holding" looked like breastmilk to me. Could be totally wrong. It was a quick glance.

I couldn't tell. I haven't made bottles in so long I can't tell the difference between the two. For those without kids, the color and consistency may be different Image

usmellllikesnow
BANNED
BANNED

lurkymclurkerston wrote:

Back when Lincoln was not gaining weight, the doctor asked her to supplement with formula because he was still hungry after breastfeeding. I was assuming formula because of that. I've never heard Bonnie mention pumping before, maybe I'm wrong?

Ok, I'm having secondary embarrassment for her with the typo in her video title! Please someone tell her it's "losing" not "loosing" And it seems Boston has hit the whiny phase or maybe just the terrible twos!

Olivia's hair is gorgeous. Bonnie is lucky to have an in-house babysitter! I'm gonna assume WW has not started since Olivia said B&J ate all the brownies last night, lol.

I wonder if she's doing all these ads to pay for the renovation?

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”