Comparing The Griffiths (Post at your own risk!)

Nini12
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Comparing The Griffiths (Post at your own risk!)

Unread post by Nini12 »

HelloSweetie1 wrote:Putting this here because it relates to the makeup thing and is sort of a comparison...

I don't get it. Why is Bonnie criticized for being "too into her looks" (Bonnie board) when she does her makeup maybe 3 times a week, but meanwhile Ellie has her hair, nails and makeup done all the time and the same people have no problem with it.... Image
It's like you can even talk about Boston's boogers but don't you dare to bring up again Calvin's neck problems or Jackson's lack of toys :lol:.
^^^ Sorry if there are any mistakes guys, english is not my first language
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Nini12 wrote:
HelloSweetie1 wrote:Putting this here because it relates to the makeup thing and is sort of a comparison...

I don't get it. Why is Bonnie criticized for being "too into her looks" (Bonnie board) when she does her makeup maybe 3 times a week, but meanwhile Ellie has her hair, nails and makeup done all the time and the same people have no problem with it.... Image
It's like you can even talk about Boston's boogers but don't you dare to bring up again Calvin's neck problems or Jackson's lack of toys :lol:.
Or do you remember the nap thing? Ellie took daily naps when she was pregnant with Cal and no one said anything. Pregnant Bonnie mentioned wanting to have a nap one day and was considered lazy for weeks! Heck people still call her lazy Image
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Ellie still takes naps. She's always napping it seems-- Jared will be talking to the camera, and "Ellie and Calvin are napping" I believe in napping when your baby is, if you can, and if you need it, but every day? Maybe she could spend some of that time with Jackson, or if he's napping too, that "quality time" she and Jared supposedly need more of?

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ohmygoshyouguys »

I'll admit, when I have a young baby I do everything in my power to arrange it so my little ones nap a the same time, so I can lay on the couch and close my eyes for an hour. But I get all my work done beforehand and plan my day around it. Plus, my hubby is at work. But to call one mom lazy and not the other isn't really fair.
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

Agree to disagree but I don't see any of what you all are talking about, these past couple of months people have been hounding on Ellie for all the pampering... I don't see how "no one had a problem with it" I read the threads... People had problems with it, a lot of them... It was even discussed yesterday... Also, I don't see what any of you mean by "don't you dare bring up calvins neck or jacksons lack of toys" the majority on here have NO problem with talking about those things... It's talked about almost daily, which is fine - I think it's the other way around, we have pages of talk about the neck and toys (which I think is fine) but in Bonnie's thread Bostons Nose was brought up and that was shot down by most on her thread very quickly... I also don't recall Bonnie being called lazy for weeks, or people calling her lazy now... I may have missed something but I don't recall any of what some of you are saying... Not meaning to be argumentative, I like Bonnie and Ellie just in my opinion I see the two threads as Bonnie's is 99.9% positive, and E+J is 80% negative. I don't see all of this about people talking bad about Bonnie and doing the opposite when Ellie does it, because I see that the other way around...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

lmmomSD wrote:Ellie still takes naps. She's always napping it seems-- Jared will be talking to the camera, and "Ellie and Calvin are napping" I believe in napping when your baby is, if you can, and if you need it, but every day? Maybe she could spend some of that time with Jackson, or if he's napping too, that "quality time" she and Jared supposedly need more of?

Both Ellie and Jared nap regularly. Jared speaks of Ellie's naps and Ellie vlogs Jared's naps. I've never seen twenty-somethings nap as much as those two do. And I'm comparing them to full time workers as well as real stay at home moms. I guess being positive all the time really takes it outof you, huh?
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

Whatshesaid_2015 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Ellie still takes naps. She's always napping it seems-- Jared will be talking to the camera, and "Ellie and Calvin are napping" I believe in napping when your baby is, if you can, and if you need it, but every day? Maybe she could spend some of that time with Jackson, or if he's napping too, that "quality time" she and Jared supposedly need more of?

Both Ellie and Jared nap regularly. Jared speaks of Ellie's naps and Ellie vlogs Jared's naps. I've never seen twenty-somethings nap as much as those two do. And I'm comparing them to full time workers as well as real stay at home moms. I guess being positive all the time really takes it outof you, huh?
I think they nap out of boredom. I know that when I am home a lot during winter I am more tired and nap more than if I am busy and out and about a lot. There's something about doing nothing that is tiring. If jared worked and Ellie was home all day with both kids by herself I bet they would both nap less because they would actually be busy.
maesemd
Talker
Talker

Unread post by maesemd »

I think they seem to have a boring life! Their kids don't appear to have much stimulation and their lovey-dovey interactions are so fake. Overall they seem to have a cold life.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

If you compare all the marriages in the griffiths Ellie and Jareds is obviously the least mature and probably has the most insecurities. The other couples don't have the need to do the constant over the top compliments on vlogs and social media. I can't stand the couples who constant brag about each other on fb/insta/twitter. It's awkward because everyone knows you live together just say it to the persons face lol why do you have to tag them in a post? Lol maybe I'm the weird one. I don't even wish my hubby birthday on Facebook- it's weird.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

gymchick43 wrote:If you compare all the marriages in the griffiths Ellie and Jareds is obviously the least mature and probably has the most insecurities. The other couples don't have the need to do the constant over the top compliments on vlogs and social media. I can't stand the couples who constant brag about each other on fb/insta/twitter. It's awkward because everyone knows you live together just say it to the persons face lol why do you have to tag them in a post? Lol maybe I'm the weird one. I don't even wish my hubby birthday on Facebook- it's weird.

They did a study about that and the more people brag about their spouse on social media, the more insecure the relationship. I mean you could pretty much assume that, but it was fun to see that opinion validated.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I can see the scene at Bonnie's house: "kids! Get ready to go. We're going to Jackson's birthday party!"
Kids:" yay! Where is it?".
Bonnie: "At Aunt Ellie's house"
kids: "Aww, mom-- do we have to go? Her house is no fun!"
But if they have it at Wiggle Worm, it's going to be a whole different ball game.

alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Someone in Bonnie's thread mentioned their car safety (or lack thereof) I don't watch any of the Griffiths besides Bonnie/Joel and Ellie/Jared - I know some of you think Ellie and Jared have car safety issues (not having Jackson rear-faced) which, while I agree with it being safer rear-faced, front faced is still safer than nothing - I guess, although I do wish they would put him rear-faced. However, I just can't for the life of me understand why Bonnie doesn't have Cody in a booster seat... He SHOULD be in one, there really isn't an excuse I can think of for why they wouldn't have him in one? With Joel's job and youtuber/sponsorships they surely have enough to purchase booster seats?

EDIT: I was just informed that Cody didn't even have a seat belt on...

Do any of the other Griffiths have car safety issues like E+J and B+J?

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

alym0326 wrote:Someone in Bonnie's thread mentioned their car safety (or lack thereof) I don't watch any of the Griffiths besides Bonnie/Joel and Ellie/Jared - I know some of you think Ellie and Jared have car safety issues (not having Jackson rear-faced) which, while I agree with it being safer rear-faced, front faced is still safer than nothing - I guess, although I do wish they would put him rear-faced. However, I just can't for the life of me understand why Bonnie doesn't have Cody in a booster seat... He SHOULD be in one, there really isn't an excuse I can think of for why they wouldn't have him in one? With Joel's job and youtuber/sponsorships they surely have enough to purchase booster seats?

How were you just informed that he didn't have his seatbelt on? We didn't see the truck moving so I'm not sure how you know that.

Yes he should be in a booster. We couldn't see his bottom in the video that I could see, so is it for certain that he wasn't on one of the backless ones?

I'm not even going to touch your comment about FF is better than nothing because that's just not my philosophy on child safety. Plus we've seen E&Js boys improperly buckled in their seats so....

I have no idea about the car seat safety of the other Griffiths, but I don't think that's why you were asking anyway.
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

HelloSweetie1 wrote:
alym0326 wrote:Someone in Bonnie's thread mentioned their car safety (or lack thereof) I don't watch any of the Griffiths besides Bonnie/Joel and Ellie/Jared - I know some of you think Ellie and Jared have car safety issues (not having Jackson rear-faced) which, while I agree with it being safer rear-faced, front faced is still safer than nothing - I guess, although I do wish they would put him rear-faced. However, I just can't for the life of me understand why Bonnie doesn't have Cody in a booster seat... He SHOULD be in one, there really isn't an excuse I can think of for why they wouldn't have him in one? With Joel's job and youtuber/sponsorships they surely have enough to purchase booster seats?

How were you just informed that he didn't have his seatbelt on? We didn't see the truck moving so I'm not sure how you know that.

Yes he should be in a booster. We couldn't see his bottom in the video that I could see, so is it for certain that he wasn't on one of the backless ones?

I'm not even going to touch your comment about FF is better than nothing because that's just not my philosophy on child safety. Plus we've seen E&Js boys improperly buckled in their seats so....

I have no idea about the car seat safety of the other Griffiths, but I don't think that's why you were asking anyway.
1. I missed it in the vlog and someone messaged me after I made my comment saying that he didn't have a seat belt on either so I went back and looked and he didn't. Also you could clearly see Cody didn't have his seat belt on, Boston was buckled in and Cody wasn't - sure they could have put it on once Joel got in the car - but I'm not betting on it.

2. At the end of the vlog when Joel is filming Boston, you can see right next to him where Cody was sitting - no booster seat.

3. So you think that Jackson not being on anything and just sitting in the seat or on a booster at 2 years old is better than front facing? Because that's what I'm saying id much rather him be front facing than not in a car seat at all. I do wish he was rear facing though because it's not like they are unaware that erf is a thing - they know about it.

4. Also thanks for assuming why I made my comment but I genuinely was asking if any other Griffiths do it as I don't watch them.

So again I will ask, do any other Griffiths have a lack of car safety?

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Sigh. I'll say it again and again and again. Unsafe is unsafe. Better than nothing is not how I choose to care for my children. I mean, would you buy an $80 car seat if you knew the $150 one was markedly safer? I want my kids as safe as possible. The criticism of E&J is not just the FFing issue (which is not illegal) but also because they incorrectly buckle the boys in, and don't care that Calvin's car seat cover is unsafe (they have been told many times in the comments and Ellie deletes them). (Bonnie has that seat too and doesn't seem concerned so she's guilty of that as well).

That said you're certainly welcome to your opinion. That's just my opinion and I'm not going to argue with you
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

HelloSweetie1 wrote:Sigh. I'll say it again and again and again. Unsafe is unsafe. Better than nothing is not how I choose to care for my children. I mean, would you buy an $80 car seat if you knew the $150 one was markedly safer? I want my kids as safe as possible. The criticism of E&J is not just the FFing issue (which is not illegal) but also because they incorrectly buckle the boys in, and don't care that Calvin's car seat cover is unsafe (they have been told many times in the comments and Ellie deletes them). (Bonnie has that seat too and doesn't seem concerned so she's guilty of that as well).

That said you're certainly welcome to your opinion. That's just my opinion and I'm not going to argue with you Image
You completely missed my point about forward facing vs rear facing and the "better than nothing" point I was making.

But yea, not going to argue!

sunflower928
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sunflower928 »

alym0326 wrote:
HelloSweetie1 wrote:Sigh. I'll say it again and again and again. Unsafe is unsafe. Better than nothing is not how I choose to care for my children. I mean, would you buy an $80 car seat if you knew the $150 one was markedly safer? I want my kids as safe as possible. The criticism of E&J is not just the FFing issue (which is not illegal) but also because they incorrectly buckle the boys in, and don't care that Calvin's car seat cover is unsafe (they have been told many times in the comments and Ellie deletes them). (Bonnie has that seat too and doesn't seem concerned so she's guilty of that as well).

That said you're certainly welcome to your opinion. That's just my opinion and I'm not going to argue with you Image
You completely missed my point about forward facing vs rear facing and the "better than nothing" point I was making.

Seriously, it seems like you just get on these forums to argue. People disagree with you, get over it!
Unsafe is unsafe. The end!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Sapphire
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sapphire »

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
:slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Sapphire
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sapphire »

sunflower928 wrote:
alym0326 wrote:

Seriously, it seems like you just get on these forums to argue. People disagree with you, get over it!
Unsafe is unsafe. The end!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
You spoke for me. :D I was thiiiiissss close to speaking up.
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

I'm sorry but this is probably one of the only times I've actually argued with someone on these threads - a differing opinion doesn't mean arguing, most of my posts are usually posted with respect and no intention of arguing...

Return to “Ellie and Jared”