Re: The Nive Nulls: Drywall & Jesus - Part 2

Unread post by babyspice »

Theirmom wrote:
babyspice wrote:
actuallydear wrote: That also makes Cullen look bad :/
Cullen is kind of a horrible person

Sent from my LGLS885 using Tapatalk
How so?
I mean, he's an obnoxious man-child, but he's a great dad, and a loyal husband from what we can see. His grief and joy have always seemed completely genuine, unlike Bryan with his fake eye wiping when he realizes something should be emotional. Cullen took his dad into his home to care for him in his final months, he's always around to help out his mother and his inlaws, and they've always been charitable.

He has annoying personality traits. I can't stand all the whip nae nae crap, or the "what are those" snaps he always does. But I've never seen anything from Cullen that would suggest he's a horrible person overall.

Am I missing something? I've only been watching for about 18 months. Did he do something in the past that was morally or ethically reprehensible that would cause you to come to the conclusion that he's a horrible person?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I didn't mean it in a way that Cullen is worse than Austin. Austin is a scumbag and a horrible husband. I was talking about Cullen's racist comment, which rubbed people off in the wrong way. I don't think Cullen is an awful father, at all. But I did contact him about the comment he made and he did nothing. Sorry if my comment offended you. I'm not trying to start an argument. It's just my personal opinion
kayuhsee
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by kayuhsee »

Theirmom wrote:
ladymama wrote: Cullen is kind of a horrible person

Sent from my LGLS885 using Tapatalk
How so?
I mean, he's an obnoxious man-child, but he's a great dad, and a loyal husband from what we can see. His grief and joy have always seemed completely genuine, unlike Bryan with his fake eye wiping when he realizes something should be emotional. Cullen took his dad into his home to care for him in his final months, he's always around to help out his mother and his inlaws, and they've always been charitable.

He has annoying personality traits. I can't stand all the whip nae nae crap, or the "what are those" snaps he always does. But I've never seen anything from Cullen that would suggest he's a horrible person overall.

Am I missing something? I've only been watching for about 18 months. Did he do something in the past that was morally or ethically reprehensible that would cause you to come to the conclusion that he's a horrible person?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
He's made questionable racist comments such as saying how if Katie and Will Smith had a baby the kid would have nappy hair. He's mentioned nappy hair another time too. Then he was doing "Indian chants" with MG one time and called them that. When people called him out he didn't bother to at least put out a fake apology. IMO that doesn't make him horrible but a tiny bit of respect has been lost.
PolkaDotPenguin
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by PolkaDotPenguin »

Looks like everything is great on their end. She changed her profile to show everyone there perfect little family......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mommadee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by mommadee »

PolkaDotPenguin wrote:Looks like everything is great on their end. She changed her profile to show everyone there perfect little family......
Everytime I look at Austins smug smile I am reminded of him victimizing that poor innocent wall, pillow, toilet and his ass. Image
ferriswheel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ferriswheel »

Britt and Austin's smiles look forced in that picture.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
kisses
Talker
Talker

Unread post by kisses »

He has an awkward smile but I personally think her smile looks genuine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

nothin' like some forced solidarity after some infidelity!
gwsb
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by gwsb »

Anyone else think there's more and QoS is waiting until they start vlogging again?
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

gwsb wrote:Anyone else think there's more and QoS is waiting until they start vlogging again?

No doubt there is more based on the extent of his foolishness to begin with. I get a sense that this is just the quiet before another storm.
KimKardashian
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by KimKardashian »

QOS did say there was 2 minute long videos

Sapphire
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sapphire »

This isn't to anyone in particular, nobody here has called him racist but on his threads, he has been labelled as racist and his comment that sparked the ''racist'' comment was mentioned here. The next paragraph isn't necessarily to any of you, just a statement.
Oh my god. Cullen made one questionable remark and all of a sudden, he's labelled as racist. No, not everyone is racist. Chill the fuck out, people.
Cullen's a wonderful dad who obviously adores his daughter and he's a loyal husband who respects, loves and cherishes Katie. If all people could be annoyed with was his sometimes childish personality, I'd say he's set. Everyone can act like a child sometimes. Even the ones who get annoyed by his occasional childish behavior. Sometimes I think some people on this site just look for things to bitch about. That's a minority and I don't feel that way toward most users but a few people just give me the feeling that they want something to bitch about so they nit-pick or stay obsessed on one thing a vlogger said/did. Even if the intention wasn't malicious. With B&M, E+J and The Nive Nulls, I don't need to ''look'' for things to bitch about because it's clear as day, in your face what these vloggers do that are messed up.

If you want to be offended, you'll find a reason to get offended.

And again, I will say, he makes one remark and he's racist all of a sudden. A lot of people these days take things WAY out of hand and label people as racist or something else. I'm pretty damn sure Cullen isn't racist and a lot of people need to learn to let things go and move on.

And to say he's horrible is taking it far, lol. Besides, Cullen shouldn't even be on The Nive Nulls thread and he definitely shouldn't be associated in a picture with Austin on an article explaining what Austin did. He shouldn't be in that damn picture at all so I don't even know why saying ''Cullen is horrible'' on this thread is even relevant. That doesn't change the fact that he shouldn't be in that picture with Austin. Austin's the guilty one, not Cullen.
sadie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sadie »

I saw a video where britt called her own hair nappy. Is she racist?
jedoc
Informer
Informer

Unread post by jedoc »

Motheringthem wrote:This isn't to anyone in particular, nobody here has called him racist but on his threads, he has been labelled as racist and his comment that sparked the ''racist'' comment was mentioned here. The next paragraph isn't necessarily to any of you, just a statement.
Oh my god. Cullen made one questionable remark and all of a sudden, he's labelled as racist. No, not everyone is racist. Chill the fuck out, people.
Cullen's a wonderful dad who obviously adores his daughter and he's a loyal husband who respects, loves and cherishes Katie. If all people could be annoyed with was his sometimes childish personality, I'd say he's set. Everyone can act like a child sometimes. Even the ones who get annoyed by his occasional childish behavior. Sometimes I think some people on this site just look for things to bitch about. That's a minority and I don't feel that way toward most users but a few people just give me the feeling that they want something to bitch about so they nit-pick or stay obsessed on one thing a vlogger said/did. Even if the intention wasn't malicious. With B&M, E+J and The Nive Nulls, I don't need to ''look'' for things to bitch about because it's clear as day, in your face what these vloggers do that are messed up.

If you want to be offended, you'll find a reason to get offended.

And again, I will say, he makes one remark and he's racist all of a sudden. A lot of people these days take things WAY out of hand and label people as racist or something else. I'm pretty damn sure Cullen isn't racist and a lot of people need to learn to let things go and move on.

And to say he's horrible is taking it far, lol. Besides, Cullen shouldn't even be on The Nive Nulls thread and he definitely shouldn't be associated in a picture with Austin on an article explaining what Austin did. He shouldn't be in that damn picture at all so I don't even know why saying ''Cullen is horrible'' on this thread is even relevant. That doesn't change the fact that he shouldn't be in that picture with Austin. Austin's the guilty one, not Cullen.
Totally agree with everything you said,people want a reason to hate him so they jump on one comment. Political correctness gone crazy. Shock horror people can say a stupid thing and not be a racist! And whoever said "wahh he didn't even give a fake apology" please piss off,I have more respect for him for not bowing down to the easily offended
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Ah yes racism at it's finest ladies and gentlemen
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

The Nive Nulls: Drywall & Jesus - Part 2

Unread post by actuallydear »

sadie wrote:I saw a video where britt called her own hair nappy. Is she racist?
I think that's one of those things in which if you want to remain politically correct, you must only say the things in which apply to your race/sexuality, etc. It's also about knowing your audience.

For instance / personal: my best friend is gay, and while he refers to himself as a f*g, I would never do that. On the other hand, he has another (straight) friend who has no problem joking with him and using that word. Would she do it outside of his company, in a setting where she could not account for everybody's reactions and make sure they weren't offended? No, or probably not!

So, what I'm saying is, it's possible Cullen and/or Katie may joke around saying these things (no cultural offence intended) with their friends, and he may have just forgotten who his audience is. Bad call on his part because when he upsets his viewers, he loses his family's income.

---
Speaking of lost income, how much do you think this cheating scandal will mess with the Null's finances?
babyspice
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

The Nive Nulls: Drywall & Jesus - Part 2

Unread post by babyspice »

Cullen's comment isn't a racist, but he's comment was. Cullen didn't have to make an apology, because I contacted him asking why would he say that? Especially when he's viewers are younger. He did nothing. Cullen should know better than to say that. It was 2015. It's sad that some of you guys are sweeping it under the rug because, "he's a gr8 father!!!!¡¡¡". Yes Cullen is an amazing father, but he's also an asshole for the comment he made. If Bryan or Jared made that comment all hell would break loose! Black girls and women already have it rough in the world. As a black women myself, I know how it feels to get teased over my hair for wearing it in braids or leaving it natural. I know most black girls DO get teased over their hair. I'm sure an African America girl or a Biracial girl was watching that video when Cullen made that comment. Now, they have the idea that their hair is "nappy" from someone who doesn't know anything about black hair. Now, Britt CAN SAY SOMETHING ABOUT HER HAIR. You wanna know why? SHE'S BLACK! There's no reverse racism so do not come at me with you the whole "Well what Britt said was wrong too!!!"because, you sound dumb. Please drop this right now because, I'm not trying to fight with women who have no idea what they're talking about

Edit: There's different textures of black hair so Cullen comment is racist and invalid. Hopefully some of you guys don't believe the asshole and think all black hair is the same.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

actuallydear wrote:
sadie wrote:I saw a video where britt called her own hair nappy. Is she racist?
I think that's one of those things in which if you want to remain politically correct, you must only say the things in which apply to your race/sexuality, etc. It's also about knowing your audience.

For instance / personal: my best friend is gay, and while he refers to himself as a f*g, I would never do that. On the other hand, he has another (straight) friend who has no problem joking with him and using that word. Would she do it outside of his company, in a setting where she could not account for everybody's reactions and make sure they weren't offended? No, or probably not!

So, what I'm saying is, it's possible Cullen and/or Katie may joke around saying these things (no cultural offence intended) with their friends, and he may have just forgotten who his audience is. Bad call on his part because when he upsets his viewers, he loses his family's income.

---
Speaking of lost income, how much do you think this cheating scandal will mess with the Null's finances?
According to Social Blade they don't make all that much compared to other vloggers. The top estimate is $124k. They had an initial drop in subs, but they gained more than enough to make up for it.

Given that they don't seem to bring in that much money from the videos alone, I would say that they must do well with sponsors, and that I think is going to be harder to find now. It will come down to their ability to sweep this scandal under the rug.

I do think it's going to hurt them though.
jdmjackson
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by jdmjackson »

babyspice wrote:Cullen's comment isn't a racist, but he's comment was. Cullen didn't have to make an apology, because I contacted him asking why would he say that? Especially when he's viewers are younger. He did nothing. Cullen should know better than to say that. It was 2015. It's sad that some of you guys are sweeping it under the rug because, "he's a gr8 father!!!!¡¡¡". Yes Cullen is an amazing father, but he's also an asshole for the comment he made. If Bryan or Jared made that comment all hell would break loose! Black girls and women already have it rough in the world. As a black women myself, I know how it feels to get teased over my hair for wearing it in braids or leaving it natural. I know most black girls DO get teased over their hair. I'm sure an African America girl or a Biracial girl was watching that video when Cullen made that comment. Now, they have the idea that their hair is "nappy" from someone who doesn't know anything about black hair. Now, Britt CAN SAY SOMETHING ABOUT HER HAIR. You wanna know why? SHE'S BLACK! There's no reverse racism so do not come at me with you the whole "Well what Britt said was wrong too!!!"because, you sound dumb. Please drop this right now because, I'm not trying to fight with women who have no idea what they're talking about Image

Edit: There's different textures of black hair so Cullen comment is racist and invalid. Hopefully some of you guys don't believe the asshole and think all black hair is the same.
You know his niece and nephew are mixed race right? So he's clearly got family that are black, I highly doubt he's remotely racist.

Half the problem with our society is that people are hyper sensitive. People will say things everyday you don't agree with, some you find insulting, but at the end of the day don't let someone else's comments affect your life.

youmustbecrazy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by youmustbecrazy »

Kryptonite wrote:Please discuss Cullen's comments in his thread. Thanks!
Thank you!

It must have been a week by now - any word from them yet? I still stand by my prediction - they'll come out and ignore the whole thing and gloss over it and they'll take a hit but be fine for a while at least.

For some reason apologising seems to be the death knell in times of 'celebrity' scandal.
ferriswheel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ferriswheel »

On their GG thread Austin responded to a comment saying they'd be back in a week. That was within the past 24 hours.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers

Return to “Britt's Space”