Ellie + Jared: The 'Kay Diaries (pt. 8)

ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Ellie + Jared: The 'Kay Diaries (pt. 8)

Unread post by ohmygoshyouguys »

I'm sure it was a meeting about the house or something. That's what it sounded like to me. She acted all excited that they were going. I don't understand why they don't show anything about the house process.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by GymChick »

ohmygoshyouguys wrote:I'm sure it was a meeting about the house or something. That's what it sounded like to me. She acted all excited that they were going. I don't understand why they don't show anything about the house process.
To Ellie and Jared: If you want views I would show the house building progress. A lot of us may loose interest and stop watching if you don't. When Shay and Colette were building they would film themselves going to the property almost daily showing the process and decisions ect. It made me watch everyday. Once they moved in a started to stop lol but house building is ingesting for the more mature audience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RMDOB89

Unread post by RMDOB89 »

I can't believe Ellie left Jackson alone in the bathtub with the water running while she changed Calvin in the hall. She is a clean but not safe mother. She left Jackson in the middle of a table on his birthday. She let Jackson be near the street on his birthday when she broke geodes. She allowed Jackson to climb on a bar stool and fall . The barstools are still in their kitchen today. Good thing Jared knows CRR! Ellie pays so much attention to Calvin she lets Jackson do dangerous and inappropriate things for his age such as be in the center of group adult dodge ball where he could have gotten hit again. Ellie ..please take a course in child safety for the sake of your children!
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

Snow White wrote:Ellie is counting her blessings, I wonder if she feels guilty only counting to 1?

Her lack of concern for Jackson just kills me. He's had two major bumps on his head in the span of two months. Yet all she can talk about is Calvin. How Calvin spent the night in their bed, how Calvin was getting checked by the doctor, no mention of the fact that Jackson could have a concussion or brain bleed or a head injury.

Poor Jackson.
My thoughts exactly! I would be equally concerned about both kids. Yes it is very scary that Calvin stopped breathing, but it is also very concerning that Jackson has hit his head 2 times now really hard. My focus would not be entirely placed on one child versus the other. Also, in the beginning of the vlog, you can hear Jackson cough deeply in the background a time or 2 when Ellie is talking about her strep throat. I would keep an eye on that cough, but I doubt they will even acknowledge it.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

freshbalsam wrote:
Snow White wrote:Ellie is counting her blessings, I wonder if she feels guilty only counting to 1?

Her lack of concern for Jackson just kills me. He's had two major bumps on his head in the span of two months. Yet all she can talk about is Calvin. How Calvin spent the night in their bed, how Calvin was getting checked by the doctor, no mention of the fact that Jackson could have a concussion or brain bleed or a head injury.

Poor Jackson.
My thoughts exactly! I would be equally concerned about both kids. Yes it is very scary that Calvin stopped breathing, but it is also very concerning that Jackson has hit his head 2 times now really hard. My focus would not be entirely placed on one child versus the other. Also, in the beginning of the vlog, you can hear Jackson cough deeply in the background a time or 2 when Ellie is talking about her strep throat. I would keep an eye on that cough, but I doubt they will even acknowledge it.
I thought that cough was the reason they had the doctor appt in the first place.

I still don't know if they would have taken the boys in otherwise.
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

Poor Jackson.

I don't understand why they are ever so willing to drop Jackson off, be it a play date, babysitter, or friend's house, but take Calvin everywhere. What could they possibly have to do that they can't take Jackson with them? He is a very well behaved kid. I would think he'd be sad to be singled out and not welcome to go with his family.

Imo all this focus on playtime is a PR move and all the drama they created with the health scares was a bid for attention.
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

HelloSweetie1 wrote:I wonder if Grandpa Mecham is thinking they are maybe making some mistakes too but feels like he can't say anything. Maybe that's why he's still paranoid?

Excellent point! I very much doubt Jared's father is just a bit neurotic after having kids of his own and a wealth of life experience. I'm sure he feels they did not handle things as they should have, which is why he is so worried. I wonder, is it a Mormon thing or a big family thing that keeps parents, siblings, and whomever from speaking up and giving advice? It just seems odd to me to have so much family closeness but not share parenting info. How else, but for close friends and family, is one expected to learn how to take care of their kids?
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

gymchick43 wrote:
ohmygoshyouguys wrote:I'm sure it was a meeting about the house or something. That's what it sounded like to me. She acted all excited that they were going. I don't understand why they don't show anything about the house process.
To Ellie and Jared: If you want views I would show the house building progress. A lot of us may loose interest and stop watching if you don't. When Shay and Colette were building they would film themselves going to the property almost daily showing the process and decisions ect. It made me watch everyday. Once they moved in a started to stop lol but house building is ingesting for the more mature audience.

Wow typo galore lol

*I not a

*interesting lol not ingesting

ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ohmygoshyouguys »

Whatshesaid_2015 wrote:
HelloSweetie1 wrote:I wonder if Grandpa Mecham is thinking they are maybe making some mistakes too but feels like he can't say anything. Maybe that's why he's still paranoid?

Excellent point! I very much doubt Jared's father is just a bit neurotic after having kids of his own and a wealth of life experience. I'm sure he feels they did not handle things as they should have, which is why he is so worried. I wonder, is it a Mormon thing or a big family thing that keeps parents, siblings, and whomever from speaking up and giving advice? It just seems odd to me to have so much family closeness but not share parenting info. How else, but for close friends and family, is one expected to learn how to take care of their kids?
I got the vibe Jared's dad DID say something and tell them they needed to take it seriously, but they thought he was being too over the top or something.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Oops, I'm typing on my phone but I meant to type "There's** a reason they spend an unprecedented amount of time together and yet it isn't 'quality time.'"

I remember when Ellie was trying to say that they are "entrepreneurs" through YouTube, but she had to look at Jared and get confirmation that she was saying the word correctly. I thought, "oh dear." I didn't know that she called geology "rockology" and thought it was a new profession she invented. Yikes.
Sweet456
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Sweet456 »

Maybe grandpa and grandma Mecham shouldn't have sent those marble eggs just yet. The seem pretty big but just the right size to fit in a mouth none the less! Especially with a younger baby around. Actually any rocks I wouldn't be letting Jackson have in the house. I really hope E and J watch him close
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

RMDOB89 wrote:I can't believe Ellie left Jackson alone in the bathtub with the water running while she changed Calvin in the hall. She is a clean but not safe mother. She left Jackson in the middle of a table on his birthday. She let Jackson be near the street on his birthday when she broke geodes. She allowed Jackson to climb on a bar stool and fall . The barstools are still in their kitchen today. Good thing Jared knows CRR! Ellie pays so much attention to Calvin she lets Jackson do dangerous and inappropriate things for his age such as be in the center of group adult dodge ball where he could have gotten hit again. Ellie ..please take a course in child safety for the sake of your children!
Just correcting one small issue with what you said - they're house isn't near a street. That back area where Jackson was is just a pathway for the homeowners to get to their houses and the fence in front of their house is train tracks! :)

formerctfxcer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by formerctfxcer »

Whatshesaid_2015 wrote:

I highly doubt it's a "Mormon thing" (just like it's not a Christian/Jewish/Buddhist/etc. thing to do anything other than specific religious reliefs just because one family on youtube is a certain way)...I think it's more of an Ellie thing. If Ellie doesn't think it's a big deal and deserves her attention or concern, then anyone who says something is probably going to get a snide/passive aggressive response. That's probably why people avoid speaking up.
rodgerdodger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by rodgerdodger »

Yeah, there was a huge shift in Ellie when Calvin was born (even before hand). I think the fact that the doctor they had (who seemed very incompetent btw) said she was going to miscarry caused her to develop a complex or two.
I mean, I'm sure Ellie has always been demanding and bitchy but more so now with her obsession with Calvin.

I don't know if anyone is familiar with the show Roseanne, but the way Ellie is reminds me of that episode where Roseanne locked herself in her bedroom with baby Jerry and refused to let anyone near her or him.

WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

formerctfxcer wrote:
Whatshesaid_2015 wrote:

I highly doubt it's a "Mormon thing" (just like it's not a Christian/Jewish/Buddhist/etc. thing to do anything other than specific religious reliefs just because one family on youtube is a certain way)...I think it's more of an Ellie thing. If Ellie doesn't think it's a big deal and deserves her attention or concern, then anyone who says something is probably going to get a snide/passive aggressive response. That's probably why people avoid speaking up.
Yeah, I think you are right.
larissaledingham
Informer
Informer

Unread post by larissaledingham »

Yesterday she posted a photo on Instagram of Calvin with a binky in his mouth with a caption "I love my baby Cal so much. i don't think I will ever take his binky away"

I know its been addressed before but there is definate favoritism
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

DP: I think maybe large families may work differently than smaller families though and that could be part of it.
Personal: I come from a very small family and my husband from a relatively large family. Of course, I had my opinions and brought them up to my husband and we'd talk. But he was very clear about and made it a point to stay out of other people's business, especially family members. I got the impression that perhaps that is the way large families get along as well as many of them do. Just a thought....
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

larissaledingham wrote:Yesterday she posted a photo on Instagram of Calvin with a binky in his mouth with a caption "I love my baby Cal so much. i don't think I will ever take his binky away"

I know its been addressed before but there is definate favoritism

She sounds kind of mental to say such a thing.
Sapphire
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sapphire »

Ha ha ha, Ellie calling herself ''paranoid'' and Jared agreeing with her. LOL. If you were paranoid, you would have taken Calvin to the doctor IMMEDIATELY. Not the next day. ''Paranoid'' (as they call it) Grandpa Mecham most likely would have brought him immediately, too. Mommy here would have hauled Calvin right to the ER even if I had to walk there.

But yes, Ellie is ''so paranoid''. Puh-lease. You're not paranoid if your baby was blue and stopped breathing (was basically dead) and you didn't take him to the ER right after the situation. We've seen Ellie put her kids at risk quite a few times. That girl is not paranoid. No. NOPE.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I like watching jacksons monthly updates as Calvin gets older each month. Just watched jacksons 8 month update since cal will be 8 months in a week or so. It surprises me each time how different Ellie is as a mother. She used to be so likeable.

ETA:

Return to “Ellie and Jared”