Cullen and Katie: New Year, New Baby Part 3

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: New Year, New Baby Part 3

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Cullen is my YouTube crush too. He has dark hair, blue eyes, a dad bod, is funny and is an amazing father.
geezeeuss
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by geezeeuss »

I love seeing Cullen interact with the kids. He reminds me so much of my husband with our girls.
violet-kelsey black
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by violet-kelsey black »

I thought it was sweet of Katie when she was talking to Ollie. Cullen was talking to the camera, & Katie came to sit down then Ollie was showing her something. She actually seemed interested in whatever he had, not like the other adults that would probably be like "uh-huh." then walk away. C&K should just take all the boys with them back home. :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

Kryptonite wrote:
violet-kelsey black wrote:I thought it was sweet of Katie when she was talking to Ollie. Cullen was talking to the camera, & Katie came to sit down then Ollie was showing her something. She actually seemed interested in whatever he had, not like the other adults that would probably be like "uh-huh." then walk away. C&K should just take all the boys with them back home. Image

I loved that!

I always tend to wonder how Katie feels about her YouTube friends' parenting since she's a child psychologist.

I'm not saying being a CP makes you the best parent but you do tend to notice certain parenting flaws.

Sent from my 0PM92 using Tapatalk
maybe not even the parenting flaws but the reactions of the children to said flaws. Little things the other parents may not take the time to notice.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Katie is definitely sweet and a wonderful mother, but imo it's almost negligent not to speak up when she sees the way her "friends" parent their children. She should be sitting down and saying hey, this is what I do for a living, and I've noticed xy&z, and I want to explain how it's harmful to a young child. We all know this a business/networking friendship, and I think it's pretty selfish to ignore big red flags just to keep the bucks rolling in.
crowmtmom78
Informer
Informer

Unread post by crowmtmom78 »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:Katie is definitely sweet and a wonderful mother, but imo it's almost negligent not to speak up when she sees the way her "friends" parent their children. She should be sitting down and saying hey, this is what I do for a living, and I've noticed xy&z, and I want to explain how it's harmful to a young child. We all know this a business/networking friendship, and I think it's pretty selfish to ignore big red flags just to keep the bucks rolling in.
That will never happen because I think Cullen and Katie worry about how they look in their friends eyes. They would be too scared that they would lose their friends.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

crowmtmom78 wrote:
RootBeerFloatie wrote:Katie is definitely sweet and a wonderful mother, but imo it's almost negligent not to speak up when she sees the way her "friends" parent their children. She should be sitting down and saying hey, this is what I do for a living, and I've noticed xy&z, and I want to explain how it's harmful to a young child. We all know this a business/networking friendship, and I think it's pretty selfish to ignore big red flags just to keep the bucks rolling in.
That will never happen because I think Cullen and Katie worry about how they look in their friends eyes. They would be too scared that they would lose their friends.

And I think they would absolutely lose friends. Neither B&M nor E&J take criticism well.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Yeah but my point is that they're not really friends. It's all about youtube and channel growth.I just think it's sad that they'd put that above the health and happiness of now four little boys
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

lmmomSD wrote:Oh hell yeah. He was a cheerleader, wasn't he? I'll bet anything he pledged a fraternity.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
I'm late, as usual lol... Cullen was a cheerleader in high school. He didn't make the team in college. Hard telling how much of a drinking he did, but he's a really social guy that genuinely likes people. He met Katie at a party. It was a really cute story.
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

violet-kelsey black wrote:Does anyone know which vlog it is that Cullen hurt his leg or something when they were on a trip? Katie was talking about it before they left to Cali.

I believe that happened in Seattle.
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

HelloSweetie1 wrote:
crowmtmom78 wrote:

And I think they would absolutely lose friends. Neither B&M nor E&J take criticism well.
I imagine if she were approached for advice she'd do her best to help depending on the matter at hand. Oddly enough, Ellie and Missy likely haven't asked her about a thing. If Katie has actual knowledge of abuse, she is a mandated reporter.
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

RootBeerFloatie wrote:Yeah but my point is that they're not really friends. It's all about youtube and channel growth.I just think it's sad that they'd put that above the health and happiness of now four little boys
So Katie is responsible for the happiness of four little boys? Meanwhile, in the real world, Katie is responsible for her daughter and her unborn baby as she should be. And, the parents of the four little boys are responsible for their own children as well as their channel growth and in which order they put said responsibilities. Katie and Cullen, I believe, have their priorities straight. They can go work a regular job and pay their mortgage. What will the parents of the four little boys do if YouTube changes or goes away?
gwsb
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by gwsb »

From what's shown on vlogs (which I know is limited) these children aren't abused or anywhere near it. That's all Katie is professional obligated to report. As far as parenting... It's a judgement call. I would imagine she has to shelve her training a bit around other parents. No one can do every recommendations 100% to plan. I don't fault her for not bringing it up to them. Missy and Ellie aren't exactly receptive anyway.
kayuhsee
Talker
Talker

Unread post by kayuhsee »

gwsb wrote:From what's shown on vlogs (which I know is limited) these children aren't abused or anywhere near it. That's all Katie is professional obligated to report. As far as parenting... It's a judgement call. I would imagine she has to shelve her training a bit around other parents. No one can do every recommendations 100% to plan. I don't fault her for not bringing it up to them. Missy and Ellie aren't exactly receptive anyway.
Exactly. These kids are fed, have a roof over their head, and taken care of. You could argue the bumps are negligent by not stimulating Ollie enough, but that is by no means something you report parents over. Plus reporting parents takes well up to six months of reporting abuse/negligence till CPS to step in.
PolkaDotPenguin
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by PolkaDotPenguin »

Lmao! I made a post about Cullen being the partier probably always with a short off in college and what do they talk about today? Him being half naked back in the day! Weird how Jared suggested him to strip on the boulders.

staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

kayuhsee wrote:
gwsb wrote:From what's shown on vlogs (which I know is limited) these children aren't abused or anywhere near it. That's all Katie is professional obligated to report. As far as parenting... It's a judgement call. I would imagine she has to shelve her training a bit around other parents. No one can do every recommendations 100% to plan. I don't fault her for not bringing it up to them. Missy and Ellie aren't exactly receptive anyway.
Exactly. These kids are fed, have a roof over their head, and taken care of. You could argue the bumps are negligent by not stimulating Ollie enough, but that is by no means something you report parents over. Plus reporting parents takes well up to six months of reporting abuse/negligence till CPS to step in.

Also, reporting parents like b&m takes CPS' time away from kids who are really being abused. Kids who are starved, raped, beaten. Those kids need CPS more than ollie
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

I'm not claiming any of them are abused and I do NOT think cps needs to be involved whatsoever. I just think it's irresponsible for a professional to ignore issues in these children just for networking purposes. It's not like they're struggling to provide for their family without these connections. Katie can see the things that we see, and probably more, and (I hope) none of us would fawn over BMEJ and blow smoke up their asses just to get more ten year olds to obsess over us.
Fallonlynn10
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Fallonlynn10 »

If Katie is such a great parent why does Gaines still have a damn binki in her mouth all the time?

gwsb
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by gwsb »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:I'm not claiming any of them are abused and I do NOT think cps needs to be involved whatsoever. I just think it's irresponsible for a professional to ignore issues in these children just for networking purposes. It's not like they're struggling to provide for their family without these connections. Katie can see the things that we see, and probably more, and (I hope) none of us would fawn over BMEJ and blow smoke up their asses just to get more ten year olds to obsess over us.
Her best option is to teach by example. Mom culture these days makes it hard to tell someone a different way of doing things. I don't think she's being complacent by just being there and being a good example. She probably does drop random "yeah I rearface because new guidelines..." But I'm sure a lot of it falls on deaf ears. Plus I don't think they actually watch each other's vlogs and on vacation everyone is on best behavior so she's probably not aware of the truly concerning things.
sarah

Unread post by sarah »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:I'm not claiming any of them are abused and I do NOT think cps needs to be involved whatsoever. I just think it's irresponsible for a professional to ignore issues in these children just for networking purposes. It's not like they're struggling to provide for their family without these connections. Katie can see the things that we see, and probably more, and (I hope) none of us would fawn over BMEJ and blow smoke up their asses just to get more ten year olds to obsess over us.
I'm not sure what Katie would say? I mean, my friends don't go around giving unsolicited parenting advice, even if they have a Ph. D. in psych. I think using the word "negligent" is harsh. The boys are loved and cared for, although it might not be up to everyone's standards on here.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”