Ellie + Jared: Part 9

Hpgirl

Re: Ellie + Jared: Part 9

Unread post by Hpgirl »

I don't keep up with this thread much so sorry if this has already been mentioned. What I've noticed, however, is that Ellie gets annoyed that Jackson likes Jared more than her. It's pretty dumb because how can she expect Jackson to like her just as much if Jared's the one who plays with him more and makes him laugh? Ellie's always busy baby'ing Calving and having him on her hip 24/7 that sometimes she doesn't have much time for Jackson.
cursive
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by cursive »

I don't know much about the Mormon religion so I apologize if this is a dumb question... but do you guys think E+J's family doesn't "approve" of them hanging out with the lumps and C+K? Neither couple are Mormon and they all drink and cuss and generally don't seem like the type I would expect E+J to be BFF's with. I would think they would be trying harder to be close to Sam and Jenn, who live close and seem like really sweet "wholesome" couple. I know they're adults so they can do what they want, but I know when I was in jr high I had a Mormon friend and her family didn't let her come to my house because they didn't approve of my family (not Mormon, parents divorced, and I was allowed to watch MTV and listen to mainstream music). So just curious if maybe it causes friction.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Oh, and how frickin awkward was it when Ellie was sitting in the living room in her tankini while everyone else was clothed? Wow, as if posting the hot tub photo wasn't enough, she has to walk around the house like that. Coupled with the Barbie comparison retweet, this tells me she has no interest in gaining anything and she thinks she looks just great. Yikes.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

liz749 wrote:
gymchick43 wrote:
HashtagBlessed wrote:I noticed at one point in today's vlog Ellie said "we were in college." Does she have a college degree? I didn't think she attended BYU with Jared.
Of course she said that, she says Julie is in medical school because Landon is. Once you are married you are one person don't ya know? :P lol Image
I HATE how she says that! Maybe she was referring to beauty school but that is definitely not college. I actually got in a little comment fight on YouTube (months before I ever found this site) about how I was confused and found it ridiculous that she said that. Julie and Landon's channel then commented and said something about how because Julie has to make so many sacrifices for him to be in school, it was only fair that she was included "in going to med school". I'm stopped commenting because you can't argue with stupid but that's such a load of bullshit! I'm in nursing school and work my ass off to be here so saying stuff like that really grinds my gears...I would never let someone ride my coattails and say it was some sort of joint effort! Being a support system is NOT the same as attending school along side the person. This family is delusional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is just bizarre. I've been on both sides of the equation: When I was a full-time student, my husband worked full-time and was not attending college. And now I work full-time and my husband is in school. They are two completely different things. If Ellie had ever been in a degree program should would recognize this. Yes, it's a joint sacrifice in the sense that we give up time together and our joint income, but it's not the same sort of commitment as the person actually in school. I could *maybe* sympathize a little more if she was the breadwinner who was putting him through school or she was raising their children at the time, but last I checked she wasn't doing either of those things.
az2639
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by az2639 »

HashtagBlessed wrote:Oh, and how frickin awkward was it when Ellie was sitting in the living room in her tankini while everyone else was clothed? Wow, as if posting the hot tub photo wasn't enough, she has to walk around the house like that. Coupled with the Barbie comparison retweet, this tells me she has no interest in gaining anything and she thinks she looks just great. Yikes.
Yeah I thought the same thing! If she was at all self conscious she would not be walking around in her bathing suit while everyone is in normal clothes. Unless she is putting on a really good act, to make everyone THINK she doesn't care Image

GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

HashtagBlessed wrote:Oh, and how frickin awkward was it when Ellie was sitting in the living room in her tankini while everyone else was clothed? Wow, as if posting the hot tub photo wasn't enough, she has to walk around the house like that. Coupled with the Barbie comparison retweet, this tells me she has no interest in gaining anything and she thinks she looks just great. Yikes.
I think retweeting the Barbie thing was messed up. But if in honest with myself, if I was at a cabin with a hot tub I would be super excited about getting in it and prob be the first one awkwardly in my bathing suit too lol
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

gymchick43 wrote:
I think retweeting the Barbie thing was messed up. But if in honest with myself, if I was at a cabin with a hot tub I would be super excited about getting in it and prob be the first one awkwardly in my bathing suit too lol
I'd be all over the hot tub, but I wouldn't be posting pictures of myself in my bathing suit online! The internet is forever...
Did she and Jared really say they've always wanted to ski together but never did? That's their own damn fault. They live near some of the best skiing in the country. All they had to do was leave the kids with someone in their HUGE family and go for the day. Or even take them. Most resorts have kiddie clubs where the kids get to play in the snow.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
Lissa7595
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Lissa7595 »

Not sure if anyone mentioned this but in yesterdays vlog Calvin sat at the table and Ellie let him grab his food on his own and he seemed to do just fine with it. He was also babbling at one point.

liz749
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by liz749 »

Lissa7595 wrote:Not sure if anyone mentioned this but in yesterdays vlog Calvin sat at the table and Ellie let him grab his food on his own and he seemed to do just fine with it. He was also babbling at one point.

We talked a bit about it! Today at the lodge she was feeding him out of a squeezey pouch too...Maybe they've been doing it for a while and just not filming it (no idea why because watching babies eat is usually pretty cute). I just wish they'd get him his own high chair and let him hang out with the family at dinner. You could tell he loved feeding himself! Ellie just wants to keep him a helpless little newborn for ever though when he's clearly ready for new things. She's already letting the neck thing go, no need to stunt his development any further.

WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

She certainly isn't gaining any perspective on her behavior and how it impacts others. With the exception of her family and her minions, she seems to be losing supporters rapidly.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Whatshesaid_2015 wrote:

She certainly isn't gaining any perspective on her behavior and how it impacts others. With the exception of her family and her minions, she seems to be losing supporters rapidly.
Missy looks pretty good for just having had a baby, but still (I'm assuming) might want to lose a little more-- maybe not..And Katie is at that uncomfortable stage of pregnancy where I felt like people weren't sure if I was pregnant or just fat. So it's like Ellie is parading around in her bathing suit with her bones sticking out to show off how skinny she is. Nice.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
gwsb
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by gwsb »

Plus most extremely religious people I know are modest in dress. I mean she wears a tshirt under sundresses but posts a swimsuit pic for the world to see??
mandylouwho
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by mandylouwho »

I agree with how dumb it is that they refer to both Julie and landen as being in medical school. I wonder how Ellie would feel about Jared saying he had whatever many hours of labor and gave birth to a such and such pound baby. I mean they were both there together.
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

mandylouwho wrote:I agree with how dumb it is that they refer to both Julie and landen as being in medical school. I wonder how Ellie would feel about Jared saying he had whatever many hours of labor and gave birth to a such and such pound baby. I mean they were both there together.
Oh, she'd LOVE that! Just like if Jared said he had bf Calvin this whole time, because, you know, they are married and now they are "one". Lol
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

gwsb wrote:Plus most extremely religious people I know are modest in dress. I mean she wears a tshirt under sundresses but posts a swimsuit pic for the world to see??
This is what I find very interesting about Ellie. Mormons don't find their bodies shameful in the way that say, the Duggars do, so the reason for the tshirts under anything is to conceal their garments BUT from my understanding it's only ever ok to remove your garments for a necessary time (swimming, showering, exercising) and then getting dressed back into your garments right after, so that they continue to protect you. So I'd think lounging around in a tankini, sans her garment isn't really necessary. But then again, they don't seem to be that devout in their faith (IMO).
ladymama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ladymama »

Calvin with a bottle in Jackson's vlog. Looked pretty comfortable with it...

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk
PhoenixFeathers
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PhoenixFeathers »

ladymama wrote:Calvin with a bottle in Jackson's vlog. Looked pretty comfortable with it...

Where did you see the bottle?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
ladymama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

PhoenixFeathers wrote:
ladymama wrote:Calvin with a bottle in Jackson's vlog. Looked pretty comfortable with it...

Where did you see the bottle?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
In the beginning on the bed. Just after Jackson's finger leaves the screen lol

ladymama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

I just rewatched to get a screenshot and now it looks like a bottle of soap/shampoo! When i saw it on my TV it looked just like a bottle. My apologies!

lexlex11
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lexlex11 »

Jackson's vlog was so cute, his little voice is adorable. It was so hard to keep from thinking that Jared is trying to get another viral video from this though.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”