Jesss(Fam): New Year, New House, Same Mess (Part 68)

Fashionista135
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jesss(Fam): New Year, New House, Same Mess (Part 68)

Unread post by Fashionista135 »

My two older kids (5&3) sleep together every night. My youngest is still nursing at night and in bed with me. I don't see a problem with siblings their age sharing a bed, but it needs to be consistent. Letting them choose a different bed every night just seems confusing and exhausting. Part of the bedtime routine should include sleeping in their own room/bed every night.

Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk
violet-kelsey black
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by violet-kelsey black »

Did they buy new sofas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chatabox
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Chatabox »

So they brought new beds for all the kids by the sounds of things. That would have been expensive! As Lilia would have needed 2x mattresses too. Will be interesting to see if they look new or second hand.
Lisey26
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Lisey26 »

I watched the house tour again and I don't think the first room is the same size as the others. I think jess just made up an excuse since her minions were fussinng. Plus that sort of corridor to enter the room is just a waste of space, she won't be able to fit anything there. Imagine a wardrobe, a bunk bed T&C's stuff AND the kids's stuff for school in there. We all know it's just going to be another messy room where she keeps more toys (monster trucks and princess dolls of course).

Plus why is everyone talking about baby names? Did I miss something?

Sent from my H60-L04 using Tapatalk
honeybear
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by honeybear »

My parents divorced when I was about 8 years old and my dad got primary custody and I had to go see my mother every other weekend. Her new house did not have a room for me. I slept on an air mattress in the living room. It really was not that big of a deal. I was there for two nights a week. I just brought everything I needed each time, I didn't need my own room and dresser blah blah. I didn't consider that my "house". I didn't leave any personal belongings there.

I guess it's a little different with Stabby's boys, since they tend to have them for longer stretches of a time at once, but I still think it's an incredible waste of space to dedicate an entire room to them. And then when they're gone - they're going to have rambunctious children all up in their personal space making a mess. no ty.
fofoqueira
Talker
Talker

Unread post by fofoqueira »

There's no sense at all in what she's doing... Let them choose? Ok. Let them choose every night? That's crazy.

And I think she's making excuses too with Lilia's room size.

Oh, btw, she totally reads here because someone suggested Tommy and Caden room became a space area when they were not around, and that's what apparently she will be doing.
fofoqueira {f.} (também: boca-mole, enredadeira, alcoviteira) gossiper {subst.}
LovelyFlowers
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by LovelyFlowers »

I think with the landen situation is practical because it's true what she said that landen would not sleep by himself, but that doesn't mean he and the kid's don't have a routine, personally when I was younger my siblings used to switch between me and my brothers room because they did not like sleeping by themselves and it came to the point where my parent's just changed their room into a playroom for them because there wasn't any point of them using it as a bedroom if they wasn't going to sleep in it, back to the topic atleast she has actual space for landen to choose to sleep not just sleeping on the edge of the bed, obviously he will sleep with jess and chris but there's no point of landen having a room if he does not sleep in it.
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

She can't win, honestly. If she had Chris' kids sharing people would say it is unfair that they dont have their own space yet giving them their own room is wasted space. I think the arrangement will work fine for now. She seems to have a night time routine of bath, books and then bed so I dont know how Landen not having his own room means automatically he has no routine. I thunk it is most important for kids to have something that is theirs like a dresser or somewhere they can store and "hide" things as opposed to having a whole room dedicated to them.
Shawn2011
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Shawn2011 »

Wow a lot of you are really obsessed with routines and overly complicated rules about how you treat your house. It must be exhausting to live like that.
marmar
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by marmar »

I don't mind the fact that the kids want to sleep together BUT Landon should still have his OWN bed for when/if he wants it. From the sound of the video he doesn't have one
ihateleaf
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ihateleaf »

Shawn2011 wrote:Wow a lot of you are really obsessed with routines and overly complicated rules about how you treat your house. It must be exhausting to live like that.
Its even more exhausting to have no routine or rules with kids and everything is chaotic all the time. Been there done that, much less stressful when there is routine.
Mobbotherer
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Mobbotherer »

I'm not so sure about the bed time routine. On the last foto of Landen, Kyson and Lilia sleeping in one bed together, Lilia still has her earrings in and Kyson is still wearing the same sweater he had on during the daytime pictures (Lilias scarf does look like a daytime outfit too) . That wouldn't happen if they had had a bath before bed. I hope I'm wrong but it sometimes seems to me that Jess only does the whole evening routine for the videos and the kids just fall asleep wherever and whenever they are exhausted.
lizpuff2006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by lizpuff2006 »

Shawn2011 wrote:Wow a lot of you are really obsessed with routines and overly complicated rules about how you treat your house. It must be exhausting to live like that.
Well I know for me and my family we need a routine. If my daughter goes to bed too late it ruins the entire next day. If we don't do things in the same order everyday it is chaos. And I only have one kid. I cannot imagine 6 kids not on a schedule at all. The noise in that house would be deafening. Routines are necessary for parents.

IMHO I agree with giving Caden and Tommy their own space. I hope it is less a homework room and more their room but I think it is a good idea. Those boys need something that isn't a futon to sleep on. They need to know they are cared about and loved. They need to feel a part of the family. I agree with them giving his boys a room. I agree with how they all are. Landen and the twins are not that far apart age wise. It is not unreasonable for them to share a room. I doubt any of them really care. And of course Lilia should be on her own since she is a girl.
fofoqueira
Talker
Talker

Unread post by fofoqueira »

marmar wrote:I don't mind the fact that the kids want to sleep together BUT Landon should still have his OWN bed for when/if he wants it. From the sound of the video he doesn't have one
+1
fofoqueira {f.} (também: boca-mole, enredadeira, alcoviteira) gossiper {subst.}
pinkdiamond_3
Informer
Informer

Unread post by pinkdiamond_3 »

Kids sleeping together is one thing. It's cute, it makes for good memories. But Landen has no bed or no room. Oh it's bedtime Landen, go find a place to sleep. Like really? That's awful and will make for terrible habits and like someone said above, complete chaos. I like the "pick where you sleep on Friday and Saturday" idea someone mentioned. Kids NEED routine and stability. Not to be figuring it out on their own, night by night, at age 2.
LovelyFlowers
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by LovelyFlowers »

My siblings got to choose where they wanted to sleep all of the time and they came out perfectly fine,there's nothing wrong with landen choosing where to sleep many children do it all of the time.
OhioStateLover
Talker
Talker

Unread post by OhioStateLover »

So she says "all the kids have their own space " .. Except landen.. Landen just goes where ever they put him for the night . Smh what a mess

rhiannewhite
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by rhiannewhite »

If I was Jess, I'd give Lilia the smallest room, the twins a room and then Landen a room with one of those beds with a pull out bed underneath, So that way, when Chris' boys stay over, Landen can sleep with either Lilia or the twins and Tommy and Caden have a bed each in Landen's room. With Landen having a bigger room than Lilia, they'd be enough space for the twins to store their clothes etc.
OhioStateLover
Talker
Talker

Unread post by OhioStateLover »

pinkdiamond_3 wrote:Kids sleeping together is one thing. It's cute, it makes for good memories. But Landen has no bed or no room. Oh it's bedtime Landen, go find a place to sleep. Like really? That's awful and will make for terrible habits and like someone said above, complete chaos. I like the "pick where you sleep on Friday and Saturday" idea someone mentioned. Kids NEED routine and stability. Not to be figuring it out on their own, night by night, at age 2.
That's what I'm saying too, once again no stability in their lives

Esraa20
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Esraa20 »

rhiannewhite wrote:If I was Jess, I'd give Lilia the smallest room, the twins a room and then Landen a room with one of those beds with a pull out bed underneath, So that way, when Chris' boys stay over, Landen can sleep with either Lilia or the twins and Tommy and Caden have a bed each in Landen's room. With Landen having a bigger room than Lilia, they'd be enough space for the twins to store their clothes etc.
There is no smallest room, though. Jess explained that all the rooms are the same size. So it wouldn't matter which room Lilia gets.

Return to “JesssFam”