• Advertisement
    

YTMD Pet Peeves

Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!! This forum has it's own set of rules. We've created this forum to minimize the arguing that occurs in the regular forums. If you are called out, it is up to you whether or not you respond. The only rules for this forum are...
1. No racial or gender/sexual slurs.
2. No posting of personal information (address, phone number, etc).
3. No flaming or "boxing" with Admin or Moddies.

Unless one of the rules have been broken, reports made about posts in this forum will be ignored.

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby MamaJoAnna » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:57 am

sadie wrote:When people act like kyson is an angel brought down from heaven who got trapped in the hell that is the skube family. They excuse any misbehaving as understandable given his environment. Yet kaden and lilia are little brats when they behave the same way. These people favouritise the kids just as much as they think jess does! All kids have good and bad qualities. I like kyson but it seems weird to me how everyone goes singing his praises and excusing bad behaviour. Sorry if people disagree.


YES!!!! "Omg she hates Kyson, she gets on him but not the others, he looks like Drake, #freekyson" gooooood grief!
Call me Jo, please.
Image
MamaJoAnna
Super Moddie
 
Posts: 2866
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:45 am
Location: Virginia
Has thanked: 3646 times
Been thanked: 7142 times

Advertisement

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby Kryptonite » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:36 pm

jedoc321 wrote:
Why do people only get away with this on the DB thread?! Karmarose got blocked without a warning for doing it once to Vanessa without knowing it was against the rules.

Also people get some snarky when a YTer is criticized for doing something they do with their kids, "OH I MUST BE A HORRIBLE MOM TOO THEN",like please leave your sensitive side at the door when you come to a gossip site.


To be honest it's because the mods aren't in that thread. No one reports anything there so we assume it's fine. We've been preoccupied with other board drama that is hopefully sewed now. I'll try to keep an eye on the DB thread... :) That's genuinely against the rules.

I just don't want reports of x said thiiiiiisssss!

Also, I think Karma had other reports and warnings. I'll check to be sure.
"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin

Image
User avatar
Kryptonite
Super Moddie
 
Posts: 3331
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:17 pm
Location: Picture it, Sicily 1922 [email protected]
Has thanked: 239 times
Been thanked: 5882 times

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby Mazement » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:13 am

I've wanted to add my peeve for a while but I didn't want to inadvertently offend anyone. I haven't seen this in a little while now so hopefully no one will take it personally!

My lowly pet peeve is the misuse of the word 'probably'. I find it often gets added in to sentences that are opinion or theories and it ruffles my feathers.

"X probably does that because..."
"Y probably thinks that if she does that she can..."
"Z probably told him..."
'Probably' = 'more than likely to' or 'almost certainly'. Using it makes the opinion or theory seem truer than a 'maybe' or a 'possibly' which can lead to (and has led to) misunderstandings!

Ps, I get that sometimes it can be used for comedic effect, that's never bothered me!
Mazement
Talker
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:46 am
Has thanked: 532 times
Been thanked: 391 times

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby zipadeedodah » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:40 am

Holy run on sentences, batman. Just stop and put some periods and commas where they belong.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
zipadeedodah
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1733
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:23 pm
Has thanked: 450 times
Been thanked: 3935 times

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby parryhotter » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:38 am

People who post about "their vlog has blahblahblah...", but don't post a link to their vlog and expect us to look past the fact that they just mentioned they vlog. I mean, HOW RUDE!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
parryhotter
Informer
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:02 pm
Has thanked: 538 times
Been thanked: 1365 times

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby ladymama » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:31 pm

When 20 different people suggest thread titles in the regular thread when there is a thread specifically for title suggestions.... stahp!

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk
ladymama
True Gossiper
 
Posts: 1035
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:30 pm
Has thanked: 9915 times
Been thanked: 3822 times

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby CanYouJustNot » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:24 am

This is probably really mean to be annoyed with, but I've seen it SO much lately that it's just driving me insane. People who come onto a board and say something like "I'm sorry, who's Ben? Who's Gabe? Who's Joel?". I get it, we're all new at some point. But there's a FAQ's on most of the families on here. On top of that, read like 5 pages and I'm sure your question has already been answered. I'm sorry, I'm an ass. :(
Image
CanYouJustNot
Informer
 
Posts: 426
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:45 pm
Has thanked: 1040 times
Been thanked: 1416 times

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby Kryptonite » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:27 am

CanYouJustNot wrote:This is probably really mean to be annoyed with, but I've seen it SO much lately that it's just driving me insane. People who come onto a board and say something like "I'm sorry, who's Ben? Who's Gabe? Who's Joel?". I get it, we're all new at some point. But there's a FAQ's on most of the families on here. On top of that, read like 5 pages and I'm sure your question has already been answered. I'm sorry, I'm an ass. :(


I hate the basic questions.

You're easily able to find out who is who. I can understand Joel and Steven but the people who often appear on her channel? Why are you here then?

Yes. I'm a bitch.

Sent from my 0PM92 using Tapatalk
"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin

Image
User avatar
Kryptonite
Super Moddie
 
Posts: 3331
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:17 pm
Location: Picture it, Sicily 1922 [email protected]
Has thanked: 239 times
Been thanked: 5882 times

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby gossipingloser » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:41 pm

All the people talking about Missy's skin. Of all the things the crazy Daily Bumps do, I think her skin is a pretty minor issue. Some people have bad skin...big whoopdeedoo. Sure moisturizer might help it. We don't normally watch them getting ready for the day though so how do we even know she doesn't use any? And even if she doesn't...why does it matter???

I know this is a stupid complaint. But that's what this thread's for, right? Lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gossipingloser
Talker
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:28 am
Has thanked: 1042 times
Been thanked: 696 times

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby zipadeedodah » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:55 pm

gossipingloser wrote:All the people talking about Missy's skin. Of all the things the crazy Daily Bumps do, I think her skin is a pretty minor issue. Some people have bad skin...big whoopdeedoo. Sure moisturizer might help it. We don't normally watch them getting ready for the day though so how do we even know she doesn't use any? And even if she doesn't...why does it matter???

I know this is a stupid complaint. But that's what this thread's for, right? Lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree. I don't see what the big deal is with her skin. It looks okay to me. It's a good thing no one knows what I look like because my forehead is just like hers with the so-called "wrinkles". I must be pretty hideous then lol.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
zipadeedodah
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1733
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:23 pm
Has thanked: 450 times
Been thanked: 3935 times

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby cats-or-die » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:36 pm

gossipingloser wrote:All the people talking about Missy's skin. Of all the things the crazy Daily Bumps do, I think her skin is a pretty minor issue. Some people have bad skin...big whoopdeedoo. Sure moisturizer might help it. We don't normally watch them getting ready for the day though so how do we even know she doesn't use any? And even if she doesn't...why does it matter???

I know this is a stupid complaint. But that's what this thread's for, right? Lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She has said time and time again that she can't stand textures - lotion being one of them. When Oliver was a baby, she was in a panic because GASP, he would need to be lotioned!! she brings it upon herself to have nasty looking skin at 26.

I love that we can sit here and discuss to death that Bryan MUST be gay, that Missy MUST hate him, that they MUST be in massive debt, or that Missy flirts with her cousin? But discussing her horrendous old woman skin is stupid. LOL.


xoxo gossip cat
User avatar
cats-or-die
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1873
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:23 am
Has thanked: 1023 times
Been thanked: 8477 times

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby gossipingloser » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:43 pm

cats-or-die wrote:
gossipingloser wrote:All the people talking about Missy's skin. Of all the things the crazy Daily Bumps do, I think her skin is a pretty minor issue. Some people have bad skin...big whoopdeedoo. Sure moisturizer might help it. We don't normally watch them getting ready for the day though so how do we even know she doesn't use any? And even if she doesn't...why does it matter???

I know this is a stupid complaint. But that's what this thread's for, right? Lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She has said time and time again that she can't stand textures - lotion being one of them. When Oliver was a baby, she was in a panic because GASP, he would need to be lotioned!! she brings it upon herself to have nasty looking skin at 26.

I love that we can sit here and discuss to death that Bryan MUST be gay, that Missy MUST hate him, that they MUST be in massive debt, or that Missy flirts with her cousin? But discussing her horrendous old woman skin is stupid. LOL.


xoxo gossip cat


I said my complaint was stupid, not the "skin shaming" (haha is that a thing?).

I know it's stupid but it does annoy me, yup. Hey at least I'm not clogging up the DB thread complaining, right?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gossipingloser
Talker
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:28 am
Has thanked: 1042 times
Been thanked: 696 times

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby cats-or-die » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:44 pm

gossipingloser wrote:
cats-or-die wrote:
gossipingloser wrote:All the people talking about Missy's skin. Of all the things the crazy Daily Bumps do, I think her skin is a pretty minor issue. Some people have bad skin...big whoopdeedoo. Sure moisturizer might help it. We don't normally watch them getting ready for the day though so how do we even know she doesn't use any? And even if she doesn't...why does it matter???

I know this is a stupid complaint. But that's what this thread's for, right? Lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She has said time and time again that she can't stand textures - lotion being one of them. When Oliver was a baby, she was in a panic because GASP, he would need to be lotioned!! she brings it upon herself to have nasty looking skin at 26.

I love that we can sit here and discuss to death that Bryan MUST be gay, that Missy MUST hate him, that they MUST be in massive debt, or that Missy flirts with her cousin? But discussing her horrendous old woman skin is stupid. LOL.


xoxo gossip cat


I said my complaint was stupid, not the "skin shaming" (haha is that a thing?).

I know it's stupid but it does annoy me, yup. Hey at least I'm not clogging up the DB thread complaining, right?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahaha right! Although discussing her skin will never stop. Every day it gets worse and worse. It's crazy! Lol


xoxo gossip cat
User avatar
cats-or-die
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1873
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:23 am
Has thanked: 1023 times
Been thanked: 8477 times

YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby alym0326 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:36 pm

I've noticed this in multiple threads, but when people make posts saying "they probably ____" and then it goes on and on and people discuss it as if this is a known fact.

Another thing, feeling like you have to tip toe through certain threads or people being 100% blunt and honest in one thread and turning a blind eye to other threads when you know damn well if the youtuber they dislike did it, there would be pages of discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alym0326
Gossiper
 
Posts: 757
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:23 pm
Has thanked: 530 times
Been thanked: 1498 times

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby ladymama » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:46 pm

"Probably" means it's not a fact.

And i think most people can agree that a pet peeve is when people can't drop their personal vendettas. We have beaten this topic to death. Yes, some people are biased. Moving on.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk
ladymama
True Gossiper
 
Posts: 1035
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:30 pm
Has thanked: 9915 times
Been thanked: 3822 times

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby PostyMcPosterston » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:20 pm

zipadeedodah wrote:
gossipingloser wrote:All the people talking about Missy's skin. Of all the things the crazy Daily Bumps do, I think her skin is a pretty minor issue. Some people have bad skin...big whoopdeedoo. Sure moisturizer might help it. We don't normally watch them getting ready for the day though so how do we even know she doesn't use any? And even if she doesn't...why does it matter???

I know this is a stupid complaint. But that's what this thread's for, right? Lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree. I don't see what the big deal is with her skin. It looks okay to me. It's a good thing no one knows what I look like because my forehead is just like hers with the so-called "wrinkles". I must be pretty hideous then lol.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Your skin looks like Missy's? I'm so sorry.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2253
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:52 pm
Has thanked: 2754 times
Been thanked: 7001 times

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby zipadeedodah » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:37 pm

Not my fault obviously. It runs in the family. It doesn't bother me.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
zipadeedodah
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1733
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:23 pm
Has thanked: 450 times
Been thanked: 3935 times

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby Kryptonite » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:12 pm

alym0326 wrote:I've noticed this in multiple threads, but when people make posts saying "they probably ____" and then it goes on and on and people discuss it as if this is a known fact.

Another thing, feeling like you have to tip toe through certain threads or people being 100% blunt and honest in one thread and turning a blind eye to other threads when you know damn well if the youtuber they dislike did it, there would be pages of discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Eh, this board is kind of built on speculation so that doesn't bother me a whole lot. Gossip doesn't always mean factual information. Occasionally it is fun to speculate!

We have been through this thousands of times.

I apologize if you feel as though you have to tip toe on certain threads but sometimes there is a majority and a minority... Unfortunately that is how boards work. I think sometimes people may turn a blind eye because they like this person and they don't realize that they're doing x like y. :)
"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin

Image
User avatar
Kryptonite
Super Moddie
 
Posts: 3331
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:17 pm
Location: Picture it, Sicily 1922 [email protected]
Has thanked: 239 times
Been thanked: 5882 times

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby alym0326 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:20 pm

Kryptonite wrote:
alym0326 wrote:I've noticed this in multiple threads, but when people make posts saying "they probably ____" and then it goes on and on and people discuss it as if this is a known fact.

Another thing, feeling like you have to tip toe through certain threads or people being 100% blunt and honest in one thread and turning a blind eye to other threads when you know damn well if the youtuber they dislike did it, there would be pages of discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Eh, this board is kind of built on speculation so that doesn't bother me a whole lot. Gossip doesn't always mean factual information. Occasionally it is fun to speculate!

We have been through this thousands of times.

I apologize if you feel as though you have to tip toe on certain threads but sometimes there is a majority and a minority... Unfortunately that is how boards work. I think sometimes people may turn a blind eye because they like this person and they don't realize that they're doing x like y. :)


The speculation only bothers me when there's pages on pages of it to the point where it seems like someone that actually happened and not something speculated haha.

And I understand people have a bias, I have one too hahaha - it only bugs me when someone will say something a youtuber does is bad, then that same person goes in a different thread where a youtuber did the same thing as the youtuber they were just critiquing - and act as if it's no big deal and say that it's okay. (That was written incredibly poorly, I'm sorry) i.e., youtuber1 gives their child candy, ytmdA user says that it's so bad and that they're a horrible parent for doing so. Youtuber2 gives their child candy, ytmdA says it's not a big deal and thinks that it's totally fine. Hopefully that made more sense other than that though i don't really care, everyone's allowed to have an opinion just be consistent LOL


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alym0326
Gossiper
 
Posts: 757
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:23 pm
Has thanked: 530 times
Been thanked: 1498 times

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby Kryptonite » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:30 pm

alym0326 wrote:
The speculation only bothers me when there's pages on pages of it to the point where it seems like someone that actually happened and not something speculated haha.


Oh, absolutely! I hate when people present opinions or speculation as factual information.

alym0326 wrote:And I understand people have a bias, I have one too hahaha - it only bugs me when someone will say something a youtuber does is bad, then that same person goes in a different thread where a youtuber did the same thing as the youtuber they were just critiquing - and act as if it's no big deal and say that it's okay. (That was written incredibly poorly, I'm sorry) i.e., youtuber1 gives their child candy, ytmdA user says that it's so bad and that they're a horrible parent for doing so. Youtuber2 gives their child candy, ytmdA says it's not a big deal and thinks that it's totally fine. Hopefully that made more sense other than that though i don't really care, everyone's allowed to have an opinion just be consistent LOL


That is understandable. I do think there are some biased opinions but I do believe that some users unintentionally excuse the behavior of their favorite YouTubers... We all do that at some point! I think there are some basics (car seat safety, healthy eating, etc.) that you can't ignore but certain opinions (I think x should have done y longer, I think x ignores her child but y doesn't) can be up to interpretation. Does that make sense? That is sort of how I perceived your initial response but I understand where you are coming from now.
"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin

Image
User avatar
Kryptonite
Super Moddie
 
Posts: 3331
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:17 pm
Location: Picture it, Sicily 1922 [email protected]
Has thanked: 239 times
Been thanked: 5882 times

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby actuallydear » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:52 pm

i'm *probably* guilty of stating certain information as if it is fact... especially when it comes to missy. because i hate her. *fact*.
shake it up.
User avatar
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2902
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:53 am
Has thanked: 7505 times
Been thanked: 15065 times

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby CypKitty » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:32 am

I am sick of people doing the Vanessa copies Britney comparisons

Yes we get it, she does, but does it need to be every second post that mentions it?
User avatar
CypKitty
True Gossiper
 
Posts: 1425
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:11 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Has thanked: 219 times
Been thanked: 2027 times

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby Kryptonite » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:15 am

actuallydear wrote:i'm *probably* guilty of stating certain information as if it is fact... especially when it comes to missy. because i hate her. *fact*.


Image
"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin

Image
User avatar
Kryptonite
Super Moddie
 
Posts: 3331
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:17 pm
Location: Picture it, Sicily 1922 [email protected]
Has thanked: 239 times
Been thanked: 5882 times

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby gymchick43 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:52 am

I hate how long this website and app takes to load for me. Is it just me?

Also lol, every since I discovered ytmd and gg couple years ago while watching shaytards it has eventually tarnished my opinion of every vlogger I have liked. When ever I start watching someone new and I like them, I find I can't trust my own opinion anymore and come here
User avatar
gymchick43
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:45 pm
Has thanked: 2201 times
Been thanked: 5353 times

YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby Sapphire » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:48 am

1. When some ratchet goofball comes on here and shows a screenshot of a nasty comment they made on a YouTuber's social media and then complains like "OMG I got blocked!? So sensitive! Gosh!" Or come here saying that they are being attacked by minions. Well, no shit. If you comment some vile crap on a YouTuber's social media, minions will pour gasoline all over you and set your ass on fire.
Why even start an argument with minions in the first place? Why? They haven't seen the light, they still see Missy and Bryan as Queen and King.
Even trying to get your point across to the minions is as insane as saying "I set myself on fire."

2. Someone personally gets offended when Bryan's weight is made fun of because that particular user is fat. Someone wrote an essay about how it was offensive to them that some people were laughing at Bryan and his style choices "because I'm fat and I'm sick of hearing what looks good or what doesn't look good on a fat person." Sorry, but nobody was talking about you. As far as I'm concerned, I wasn't parking in a thread about you. Not everything is about you. We make fun of Bryan's style choices because some of his choices are odd, funny, ridiculous. Any variety of reason. The man also isn't helping himself. We know he CAN look better if he actually ate something healthy and exercised a bit. However his choices are completely unhealthy so yes, people will make fun. That's not saying that we make fun of every single fat person on the universe. I'm sure some fat people laugh at Bryan too. He puts himself out there, people will gossip. If you can't handle someone talking about Bryan's weight and THAT offends you personally, you should find a different place to go.
This ties in together with my third pet peeve so bear with me. When someone accuses a YouTuber for being a pedophile for saying something that OBVIOUSLY was completely innocent but some people are so vile and immature and can't gossip with class that they literally accuse someone of being a pedophile/creep but the WEIGHT talk offends some people and is unacceptable/wrong?



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sapphire
Gossiper
 
Posts: 890
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 4:02 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 21 times

PreviousNext

Return to Boxing Ring

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

  • Advertisement