E + J: Half Portions Only Part 10

OrangeMeow
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E + J: Half Portions Only Part 10

Unread post by OrangeMeow »

Just read a comment that said "I don't have much medical knolage but he could be allergic to something"

My brain. It hurts...

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Personal....

My CAT had an episode like this and I freaked the f out and took him in. One giant vet bill later, it saved his life.

I love him and all, but he's a cat and not one of my children. If I panicked that hard about him, I know I'd take my child in immediately. Even at immense cost.

I can't imagine what they are thinking.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

The thing is, they should have insurance. With Obama care, if you don't have it, you get a tax penalty. So they _should_ have insurance to cover an ER visit. Why on earth would they not take him? I just don't get it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
hereforthecomments
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by hereforthecomments »

My blood is boiling. These people are idiots and I will not give them views anymore. It is taking everything I can go form a coherent sentence. Praise the lord that the Mechams are now down there. Maybe they will kick some sense into these two. Parenting is a lot more than going to the wiggle worm and letting your kid play at aunt Bonnie's and your moms. You have to be their advocate. They are the exact opposite of an advocate for those kids. They are being defensive and can't handle any criticism in the comments and all I want to say is "you signed up for this". You put your life on display and now people are starting to see they aren't so perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hotpink_dancer91
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Hotpink_dancer91 »

The thing that really annoys me is that they use things like this for views. "It happened again". They don't even sound worried or concerned in that title. I love how they get so upset that people are giving advice and opinions, yet they didn't have to post this. They didn't have to share this with us, but they chose to so they need to accept suggestions or at least not leave snarky remarks back.

actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

My blood is boiling reading what happened... Again. I am going to go and watch the vlog.
CanYouJustNot
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CanYouJustNot »

I fail to see how not one person in Target thought to dial 911 while the nurse preformed CPR on him. I hate what if's on this site, but seriously. What if her efforts didn't work? He would be without oxygen for how long until a ambulance arrived? That amount of time is detrimental on a brain. I'm sorry, but by not going to hospital ASAP, they're being negligent parents. Ellie, you won't be able to see Calvin "growed" up if you don't open your damn eyes.
teatimequeen
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by teatimequeen »

Hopefully Ellie will get a sore throat tommorow morning and need to be rushed in to the Dr's again, that way at least Calvin will be seen much quicker! Crazy to think she rushed her whole family in because she had a cold and poor Cal stops breathing and he just needs more cuddles and a phone call! SMH!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Off the top of my head I can think of three times Ellie has gone to urgent care. Two because she was throwing up, and one because of strep. All three she went suddenly, and there wasn't any talk about calling doctors or hesitation about going.

Bottom line... they aren't opposed to urgent care when it comes to Ellie.
ferriswheel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ferriswheel »

CanYouJustNot wrote:I fail to see how not one person in Target thought to dial 911 while the nurse preformed CPR on him. I hate what if's on this site, but seriously. What if her efforts didn't work? He would be without oxygen for how long until a ambulance arrived? That amount of time is detrimental on a brain. I'm sorry, but by not going to hospital ASAP, they're being negligent parents. Ellie, you won't be able to see Calvin "growed" up if you don't open your damn eyes.
When I took a CPR class they told us to have someone call 911 before you start even start CPR.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

Sorry I'm completely OT but before when people were talking about what would happen if YT went away ect. I think E+J are going to be gone soon, or at least daily vlogging. I'm having a gut feeling that Ellie is really emotionally unstable as it is and "negative" comments make it worse. I'm predicting some type of melt down. And if it really does affect her mental health they should quit, but Jared has no skills/education to get a better paying job than what he has now. And I wonder sometimes if Ellie also hates/resents that. That she feels forced to keep vlogging because it's the only way to maintain the house wife image she wants. Jared can't be an engineer, or labour worker, or medical professional like the other men in her family. He makes vlogs or sells cell phones.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

ferriswheel wrote:
CanYouJustNot wrote:I fail to see how not one person in Target thought to dial 911 while the nurse preformed CPR on him. I hate what if's on this site, but seriously. What if her efforts didn't work? He would be without oxygen for how long until a ambulance arrived? That amount of time is detrimental on a brain. I'm sorry, but by not going to hospital ASAP, they're being negligent parents. Ellie, you won't be able to see Calvin "growed" up if you don't open your damn eyes.
When I took a CPR class they told us to have someone call 911 before you start even start CPR.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
Totally forgot about the CPR part, un chest compressions? The very least he should be assessed for any injuries due to that.
minmouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by minmouse »

gymchick43 wrote:Sorry I'm completely OT but before when people were talking about what would happen if YT went away ect. I think E+J are going to be gone soon, or at least daily vlogging. I'm having a gut feeling that Ellie is really emotionally unstable as it is and "negative" comments make it worse. I'm predicting some type of melt down. And if it really does affect her mental health they should quit, but Jared has no skills/education to get a better paying job than what he has now. And I wonder sometimes if Ellie also hates/resents that. That she feels forced to keep vlogging because it's the only way to maintain the house wife image she wants. Jared can't be an engineer, or labour worker, or medical professional like the other men in her family. He makes vlogs or sells cell phones.
I've thought the same thing. They really have painted themselves into a corner making YT their career. They have no option to stop if they are not willing to go back to their old lifestyle. They have gotten so used to the money they are making that, especially with building the house, they have no choice but to continue.
liz749
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by liz749 »

I wonder what doctor they called. It seems like the only doctor who would not tell them to go to the ER immediately would be one that previously had really great knowledge of Calvin and his issues and knew he'd be okay (Example- they know he has a seizure disorder, you can't do much for the person during or after a seizure, you just let it happen). I can't imagine any other reason that a doctor wouldn't recommend going to the ER right away. I feel like there is much more to this story we aren't hearing, just like Ellie's health issues. I wonder is Calvin has had seizures before and they've prevented him from sleeping well. Maybe E and J keep him in their room because he know he needs a close eye. They literally put his whole crib in their room. Just speculation but I feel like they already know somethings up and they're trying to ease it on to the vlogs because it's too hard to hide now. Or they know he has an issue but have been in denial and refused to see a real doctor just like with his neck issues and now it's boring them in the butts.

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

freshbalsam wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Unbelievable. So I was right? He did stop breathing and they didn't call 911 or take him to the ER? They do not deserve to be parents.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
DP, sorry! But yes! It sounded, by the way they were describing it, his eyes were rolling into the back of his head and he was unconscious from Ellie getting him out of his car seat, calling for Bonnie, calling for help in the store and still not breathing until a pediatric nurse who happened to be there came over and helped. They all talked afterwards and self-diagnosed as possible seizure. I would've bolted out of target and gone to a doctor/ER immediately. Ellie seemed in happy spirits at her mom's house afterwards.

I was in a grocery store once and I went to the customer service desk where a mother was cradling her young son and crying and screaming that her son was having a seizure. The employees called the paramedics. That's the reaction I would expect if you realize your child is having a seizure for the first time.

The way they handle it seems very off. I understand how someone diagnosed with epilepsy wouldn't need to seek immediate medical attention after every seizure, but if a child isn't diagnosed and you have no idea what to do or what is going on, why would you not go to the emergency room? I'd need to know what is going on and what to do if it happens again at the very least. Not to mention how terrifying it would be to put your child to sleep that night and have no reassurance that something awful won't happen related to the seizures in the middle of the night.

I'm wondering along with other posters if there is more to the story and a more serious diagnosis that they're keeping from viewers. It was interesting that Ellie said she feels like Calvin needs special attention. I did a quick Google search on what to do when your child is having a seizure for the first time, and most sources seem to tell you to take the child to the ER, assuming the seizure lasts for less than 5 minutes. If it lasts longer, the advice is to call 911.
sprinter1722
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by sprinter1722 »

Liz749 good point..

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
sprinter1722
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by sprinter1722 »

Holy crap ..I don't know why I'm still reading comments on their video fak! Someone's comment says a high fever can cause seuziers..whos dumb enough to take their child to target with a 40-41C fever,and States how shes a good mom and she looks great. Fuck me !

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
Alisays
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Alisays »

Oi. I went to watch a YouTube video or two while I have some downtime, saw the title of their video, and headed over here.. I'm cringing but I'm going to watch it. The mom in me is already feeling annoyed at how they'll probably downplay this and not take him IN.
Alisays
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Alisays »

So, because there was a nurse or doctor there, and because there was other parents with experience with epileptic children, she takes that and goes on her merry way? I don't care who you called after, you go in. I do not rush my kids to the doctor for everything, so much so that my husband sometimes gives me grief and insists we take them in even though my intuition says not to. BUT in this case? I'd drop my purchases and go to the ER. I don't see why or how she could not do that. I wouldn't listen to customers in a darn store, I'd take my baby in right then, not call and make an appointment for another day.

OMG. And then them defending their actions (or inactions) in the comments. SERIOUSLY??
ButterflyB
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ButterflyB »

I call bs that a pediatric nurse was there and helped out because the nurse would have urged them to go to the er or call ambulance. I bet they are just saying there was a nurse there to help their story. (Pediatric nurse here)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Return to “Ellie and Jared”