E+J: Just Play Dumb Part 11

alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+J: Just Play Dumb Part 11

Unread post by alym0326 »

This is TOTALLY off topic and might be better for Julie's thread BUT, Landon's sister just got married a few months ago, Ellie and Jared were at the wedding - one of the girls that was her bridesmaid is dating Aaron (one of the Trixin guys, the only one NOT on YouTube) who spends a lot of time at the Samika house. I wonder how much dirt she could have between the 2 families (probably not a lot from E+J, more from Samika)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

They're so dumb. It wasn't a heart scan. It was an EKG.. A scan usually means an ultrasound. I still can't believe they didn't take him to the ER in the first place and took other people's word that it was a seizure and made an appointment with a neurologist based on that.
And Ellie said the wrong _coolant_ made the brake caliper break? I'll bet the car repair people rub their hands together with glee when they see those two coming. WTF? Why couldn't he just call his mom in the store? And worst of all-- the "best news ever" wasn't that his son doesn't likely have a seizure disorder. No, it was that the snacks in the hotel room were free. He really makes me sick.
On a positive note, Jared helping clean up his toys and pack the suitcase was very sweet. He's such a great kid.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Or did I jump the gun and misunderstand? It sounded like Ellie said the wrong coolant, but maybe with her bad language skills, she meant brake fluid. Not going to re-watching because I can't stand them.. I guess "heart scan" sounds more dramatic than "Baby's EKG"

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
twomommies
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by twomommies »

PostyMcPosterston wrote:
sprinter1722 wrote:
PostyMcPosterston wrote: I wish I was one of those people had fun memes. I'd respond with a really disgusted one now.
:)but you don't....so please,piss offf
We stopped talking about this 20min ago. Moderator,can we please get back on topic? I'd like to discuss Ellie and Jared not old subjects we put a stop to. Tn x

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
Oh, sorry. I was wiping off the lipgloss off my son's face before putting him down for his nap. Maybe he's gay?

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016031 ... 4eb549.jpg[/img]

I'll move on now.

I'm relieved that it wasn't a seizure and I seriously didn't think it was. That's scary that reflux can cause a baby to stop breathing and go blue. I read a comment saying her child had some issue where the flap in the throat didn't work properly? Maybe something similar happens with Calvin.
Burn!! Image Image Image Image Image
Being proud of your homophobia is disgusting. Please don't leave your town or the 1800s, we have black gays here!

class, not ass
twomommies
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

rodgerdodger wrote:
sprinter1722 wrote:
PostyMcPosterston wrote: I wish I was one of those people had fun memes. I'd respond with a really disgusted one now.
:)but you don't....so please,piss offf
We stopped talking about this 20min ago. Moderator,can we please get back on topic? I'd like to discuss Ellie and Jared not old subjects we put a stop to. Tn x

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
Nah if you say something homophobic I'm going to let them drag you.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

class, not ass
twomommies
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

youmustbecrazy wrote:I really hope any LGBT people in this thread don't feel uncomfortable now. :(

I'm straight and I know I'm seeing red.
Nah, I'm just sad for their children.

class, not ass
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

CVX is soon, right? I went to Ellie's Instagram to be nosey. She looks great here. This was August 8th, 2015. CVX is coming up soon, right? I wonder why they're having it again so soon?

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016031 ... f933b3.jpg[/img]
larissaledingham
Informer
Informer

Unread post by larissaledingham »

PostyMcPosterston wrote:CVX is soon, right? I went to Ellie's Instagram to be nosey. She looks great here. This was August 8th, 2015. CVX is coming up soon, right? I wonder why they're having it again so soon?

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016031 ... f933b3.jpg[/img]
Cvx is 25/26th march

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

PostyMcPosterston wrote:CVX is soon, right? I went to Ellie's Instagram to be nosey. She looks great here. This was August 8th, 2015. CVX is coming up soon, right? I wonder why they're having it again so soon?

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016031 ... f933b3.jpg
She was only a couple of months PP there though. She's probably still eating the same amount when breastfeeding as she was when she wasn't.. and of course BF chews up all your calories. I just think she's dumb. She either doesn't know she needs more calories, or she's doing it on purpose. Even if she can't eat more solid food there are things like high calorie drinks.
just_me
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by just_me »

Ok just watched the vlog for today. How many times did Jared need to tell us he was riding a longboard? Why would they think Calvin's reflux just suddenly went away? They didn't do anything to correct it, right? So why would they think it just goes away. It's not something only babies get. So they are over the moon happy about free chips and treats, but Calvin didn't have a seizure and it's just ok, only Jared talks about it and that's it? Why are there so many comments saying "glad to hear Calvin is doing good". Where are these people getting that info from? There were also a few from people saying either their child or a friend's had the same issue as Calvin (stopped breathing due to reflux) and said how it took medication and time and trips to the ER immediately when it happened, etc.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

E+J: Just Play Dumb Part 11

Unread post by GymChick »

Honestly, i side eye the reflux thing lol. I think they were quick to diagnose that- Ellie just wanted an excuse for her colicky baby. And it sounds like this new doctor heard reflux and took it as a serious diagnosis right away and ran with it. Idk I could be wrong of course but I feel like he never really showed signs and he never really got better- it only got better when he got out of the colicky age.
just_me
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by just_me »

gymchick43 wrote:Honestly, i side eye the reflux thing lol. I think they were quick to diagnose that- Ellie just wanted an excuse for her colicky baby. And it sounds like this new doctor heard reflux and took it as a serious diagnosis right away and ran with it. Idk I could be wrong of course but I feel like he never really showed signs and he never really got better- it only got better when he got out of the colicky age.
If the reflux was just an excuse to give viewers, that would totally explain why they never did anything to help it. Even if they are not being honest with us, I would hope they would be with the doctor. A misdiagnosis with a bad ending could end up happening.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

just_me wrote:
gymchick43 wrote:Honestly, i side eye the reflux thing lol. I think they were quick to diagnose that- Ellie just wanted an excuse for her colicky baby. And it sounds like this new doctor heard reflux and took it as a serious diagnosis right away and ran with it. Idk I could be wrong of course but I feel like he never really showed signs and he never really got better- it only got better when he got out of the colicky age.
If the reflux was just an excuse to give viewers, that would totally explain why they never did anything to help it. Even if they are not being honest with us, I would hope they would be with the doctor. A misdiagnosis with a bad ending could end up happening.
I think the reflux was a "real" diagnosis- but Ellie went into the doctors with it in her head that he had reflux already, and explained this to the doctor and I feel like her doctor told her it's possible and gave meds to attempt see if it helps. That's how a lot of doctors try to "diagnose" it without test, trial and error with meds. But the meds never truly worked, despite Ellie saying they did. Because every second day she would complain how they weren't working. I think it was just a combination of colic and a painful neck that made breastfeeding difficult at the beginning. Also he was fine on his back ect. My baby is the same age as Calvin and was super colicky, I went into the doctor asking about reflux too because the colic is so hard to handle that you just want a reason for it. But my doctor isn't quick to diagnose and said she was fine, which she was once she got out of the colic phase- just like Calvin. So I'm sure they explained that Calvin had colic as if it was such a definite diagnosis (which it wasn't) and this new doctor is taking that seriously.
minmouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by minmouse »

A few quick thoughts on the vlog:

So happy that Calvin isn't having seizures. I side-eye the reflux too. Will be curious to see what happens as they go to more doctor appointments.

Seems Miss Smarty-pants Ellie misdiagnosed the seizures and the stranger/nurse in Carter's was wrong. Shocker! It made me even more mad that they didn't take him to the ER when this happened. They could have been on the road to an answer (and relief for Calvin if it is reflux) if they hadn't waited for him to be seen.

It drives me nuts how perfect they think they are. I've never seen two parents so sure in everything they do. They really do think they have this thing all figured out at two years in and at the age of 27 and 24. No need to grow as parents or people.. they know exactly what to do and what is best. I know I'd feel guilty as hell if my baby had reflux this bad and I hadn't taken the steps to get him help and relief. The confidence and cockiness these two have as parents is alarming. They know best! yeah right :x

I wonder what the Mechams have to say about all of this? Seems like they are along as sitters to help with the kids at the doctor apt and the CVX interview. I cant imagine they don't say a word about how E&J are handling things.

What 27 year old gets excited about free snacks like that?? Grow the F up Jared! What is he going to do, sit and binge on snacks like a kid let loose in a candy store? His lack of maturity at his age is disturbing. These two are like two kids playing house.
PoorUnfortunateSouls
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PoorUnfortunateSouls »

I just started thinking about how Calvin wasn't expected to make it through the first trimester (according to that crap doctor). I wonder if that is why Ellie babies him so much--she didn't think she was going to get to have him?
Also could the doctor thinking he wasn't going to make it have anything to do with the health problems he has now? As in he was not a strong fetus, and now he is not a strong baby?
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

It doesn't make sense for the reflux to be the cause. He stopped breathing when he was on his stomach and propped up in his car seat. Yet, it's never happened when he's flat on his back.
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

Wait im a little confused.. I figured they would do some kind of test like they did on ollie to see if he was having a seizure.. They just hooked this little machine up to him for 1 minute?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

Wouldn't they need to do an EEG (brain) not an EKG (heart) to test for seizures? I'm not sure what a heart scan would show.
youmustbecrazy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by youmustbecrazy »

Cgl33 wrote:Wouldn't they need to do an EEG (brain) not an EKG (heart) to test for seizures? I'm not sure what a heart scan would show.
If your heart isn't working properly then you could easily pass out/stop breathing or have syncopal episodes. Lack of proper blood flow to the brain may also cause seizures, who knows. I mean, it wasn't that long ago that the vlogging world lost Caleb to an undiagnosed heart condition.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

But it's true-- there's not much one EKG could tell them about a seizure disorder or the absence of it. The neurologist probably came to that conclusion based on Ellie's description of the incidents.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Return to “Ellie and Jared”