Daily Bumps Thread Participants

cats-or-die
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Daily Bumps Thread Participants

Unread post by cats-or-die »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:People complain about DB being boring and doing the same thing every day...yet they make the same comments every day. You don't need to comment every time they eat out, buy Oliver a toy, or you see Missy's wrinkles. We. Fucking. Get. It.
Bless you.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

This is relevant to many boards lately, but JUST happened on DB and I was vocal about it, so I thought I'd put it here.

A joke isn't funny or inoffensive just because it doesn't bother you. That's like saying someone's feelings shouldn't be hurt about a situation because you wouldn't be. It's dismissive and arrogant.

Some of you are becoming just as cold and insensitive as the YTers you complain about. You are starting to say things that you'd find incredibly offensive if Bryan or Missy said it.
ghostgrrl
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ghostgrrl »

HelloSweetie wrote:This is relevant to many boards lately, but JUST happened on DB and I was vocal about it, so I thought I'd put it here.

A joke isn't funny or inoffensive just because it doesn't bother you. That's like saying someone's feelings shouldn't be hurt about a situation because you wouldn't be. It's dismissive and arrogant.

Some of you are becoming just as cold and insensitive as the YTers you complain about. You are starting to say things that you'd find incredibly offensive if Bryan or Missy said it.
Can you imagine if Bryan or Missy made that quip about getting a foot amputated? The same people telling everyone to chill would be ready to burn their house down.

The worst part is, they don't even have diabetes, so the whole conversation is detracting from real discussion. I think the need for constant chatter, instead of simply waiting to post until someone has something worthwhile to say, has led to a lot of these ridiculous squabbles. It's like people blurt out the dumbest things they can think of just to keep the board active.
cats-or-die
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by cats-or-die »

I can't deal with these new posters anymore. Aside from the diabetes thing, which frankly ghostgrrl you're dead on - if Bryan made that joke, the board would be blowing up with what an asshole he is. Somehow every new member would then have a personal diabetes story to share and the entire place would come crashing down in anger. Oh but someone on the thread said it so it's cool

Some new girl just posted "that's why Missy's skin looks like rubber. She doesn't moisturize." No. Fucking. Shit. How many times have we talked about that?
Jesus. I can't with that thread anymore.

xoxo gossip cat
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

do you know what i think would be great? if talking about specific users - actually calling them out by name in this thread so people can become more aware of the way they're pissing people off.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

actuallydear wrote:do you know what i think would be great? if talking about specific users - actually calling them out by name in this thread so people can become more aware of the way they're pissing people off.
Know what? I totally would, except unlike with other boards, this isn't a case of BECs. I couldn't tell you by name who half the posters are that don't seem to listen and want to focus on the same thing everyday. It's an overall annoyance, more than any two or three people.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

This may be off, but I remember when I found the forum, I was so excited to have someplace to share my frustration that I probably pissed some people off too. I know I mentioned the "is Bryan gay?" thing. I'm trying to be patient because people were nice to me when I joined, and DM'd me when I was annoying.
But I get that it seems overwhelming right now because there's been such an influx of new users.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

lmmomSD wrote:This may be off, but I remember when I found the forum, I was so excited to have someplace to share my frustration that I probably pissed some people off too. I know I mentioned the "is Bryan gay?" thing. I'm trying to be patient because people were nice to me when I joined, and DM'd me when I was annoying.
But I get that it seems overwhelming right now because there's been such an influx of new users.

Yeah, you took that like a champ! I've been annoying too, heck so annoying that mods have needed to tell me to chill. Know what? I did. It's not that hard and you don't need to get butthurt about it. Know why? Self-awareness. We didn't become sarcastic and passive aggressive. We respect the mods and the regs.

At least you try not to be annoying. MANY of us have asked/debated if Bryan (Jared, Sam, etc) is gay, that's not the problem. The problem is that there are so many people that throw hissyfits and get defensive now.

I understand wanting to be patient with the newbies who don't know that hasn't been discussed, that's why I don't have a reputation for being snarky on that board, but when we are no longer discussing things that actually happened and it's their diet, appearance and Starbucks intake day in and day out there's a problem. The DB board is becoming as shallow in content as the DB vlogs themselves.
OhHiImSam
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by OhHiImSam »

I think it's just something we'll have to get used to since it does seem like a lot of former fans are turning and coming here--after all, YTMD is the second thing to pop up when your Google them. It just seems like these Newbs are to lazy to realize that we're 60 threads in so there's a good chance we've already discussed the hard-hitting topics to death.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Perfect example.... Today's vlog. They found a house and Bryan has gone to Idaho.

Why are we talking about Missy's skin looking dry?
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

HelloSweetie wrote:
actuallydear wrote:do you know what i think would be great? if talking about specific users - actually calling them out by name in this thread so people can become more aware of the way they're pissing people off.
Know what? I totally would, except unlike with other boards, this isn't a case of BECs. I couldn't tell you by name who half the posters are that don't seem to listen and want to focus on the same thing everyday. It's an overall annoyance, more than any two or three people.
Sure, I just mean when someone is referencing a certain person but omitting their username... like, why? If you want them to be aware of their behaviour (you must, if you're voicing it), and tone it down if they wish to... or not, if they don't. Like on every single forum there's different tones that the posters have and whenever newbies come in they sometimes take a little longer to find their footing. Some never find it. Some are completely unaware of it, some know and just don't care. My point is if is not general board behaviour (which let's face it - half of this thread is referencing newbies who are going against the grain - our grain) - call it out and see what happens.
lmmomSD wrote:This may be off, but I remember when I found the forum, I was so excited to have someplace to share my frustration that I probably pissed some people off too. I know I mentioned the "is Bryan gay?" thing. I'm trying to be patient because people were nice to me when I joined, and DM'd me when I was annoying.

Exactly! You're one of my favourite posters on this site now because I think it helped that people were upfront about any issues and it wasn't changing who you were to fit in, just more of a "hey, there are little things that can be annoying" and you monitored yourself. I hope that people would do the same for me and not being passive aggressive about me behind my back.

edit: hahaha, that'll teach me not to read until the end of the thead before quoting. Seems Krypto covered what I was saying.
saltliferocks
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by saltliferocks »

I think the newbies will settle down soon.. Ladies, some advice: If someone is really pissing you off, or you aren't interested in what they have to contribute, foe them. I've only foed one person. (Not you Saph, welcome back) It helped me maintain my sanity.
Trust me, it's not worth letting someone annoy you to the point that you go all Ralphie, from The Christmas Story on them in a PM. Krypto has a big bar of soap, and it doesn't taste very good. ;)
(I know I am referencing an American Movie, but just about everyone has watched The Christmas Story, right?)
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

saltliferocks wrote:I think the newbies will settle down soon.. Ladies, some advice: If someone is really pissing you off, or you aren't interested in what they have to contribute, foe them. I've only foed one person. (Not you Saph, welcome back) It helped me maintain my sanity.
Trust me, it's not worth letting someone annoy you to the point that you go all Ralphie, from The Christmas Story on them in a PM. Krypto has a big bar of soap, and it doesn't taste very good. ;)
(I know I am referencing an American Movie, but just about everyone has watched The Christmas Story, right?)
Lol. You didn't get soap-blindness, did you?

saltliferocks
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Yes... Yes, I did..
''Twas all my fault.. ;)
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

saltliferocks wrote:I think the newbies will settle down soon.. Ladies, some advice: If someone is really pissing you off, or you aren't interested in what they have to contribute, foe them. I've only foed one person. (Not you Saph, welcome back) It helped me maintain my sanity.
Lol, I get the reference. Foing wouldn't solve my complaint. It's not one person. It's a collective. I mean, look at the important things that happened today, but that's not as interesting as say Starbucks.

I posted a pic that Bev shared on her social media that makes me think it's maybe a party Bryan left to go to. Bryan always goes alone, but he knows it looks bad! Back in the day something like that would be discussed. Not now. Now those posts get buried by empty things and the conversation flow is completely broken. So what's the point of participating if it's just going to get buried?

A few of us the last few days have tried to steer it in a different direction but everytime it comes back to dry skin, unhealthy diet and Starbucks. Could we at least save that for boring vlog days?
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Lol, I get the reference. Foing wouldn't solve my complaint. It's not one person. It's a collective. I mean, look at the important things that happened today, but that's not as interesting as say Starbucks.

I posted a pic that Bev shared on her social media that makes me think it's maybe a party Bryan left to go to. Bryan always goes alone, but he knows it looks bad! Back in the day something like that would be discussed. Not now. Now those posts get buried by empty things and the conversation flow is completely broken. So what's the point of participating if it's just going to get buried?

A few of us the last few days have tried to steer it in a different direction but everytime it comes back to dry skin, unhealthy diet and Starbucks. Could we at least save that for boring vlog days?
That is weird that he is making it sound all dramatic, and Bev is posting a party picture.

hannahbanana
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by hannahbanana »

Bless this thread. I haven't read or posted on DB's thread in awhile myself, every time I check it, it's all these new people who post screenshots of Bryan's body from another angle ("omg he's totally trying to hide the fact that he's not skinny!") or close ups of Missy's wrinkles. We get it >:(
saltliferocks
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

I'm just bored with the bumps. I think I joined like a year ago when it seemed like they were getting worse every vlog and it made sense that the discussion moved quickly. I'm totally guilty of getting into a discussion about old topics and I need to check myself on that. The boards haven't been entertaining in awhile, minus the plane incident and Ollie's stitches. That was a gift from baby Jesus.

I do agree with calling out people. It doesn't always have to be snarky either. Just say we've talked about that numerous times.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

My bad for bringing up the Gabriel incident. Definitely old news, but in my defense, I think it shed some light for the newbies on just how truly warped the Bryan-Missy-Hollister triangle is.

Return to “Boxing Ring”