The Bride of Chuckie: Holding deaths hand - Part 48

HubertCumberdale
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0

Re: The Bride of Chuckie: Holding deaths hand - Part 48

Unread post by HubertCumberdale »

lmmomSD wrote:Can you imagine her dealing with patients? As far as I remember, you need compassion and kindness to be successful in any sort of nursing role. People who go into it because it's a steady paycheck are generally pretty unhappy with the choice.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
yes! sorry for the double post but I'm a CNA and I worked in a nursing home. there's a lot you have to deal with sometimes. There's lots of physical labor being a nurse aide, too. I don't think a hospital would hire her right away because they typically want experience. I worked with a few people who told me that they were only in it for the money and they treated residents very poorly, they didn't care. I don't picture tayler being the type to care for others.
Aboogabooga
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Aboogabooga »

I'm actually really happy for her reading that post. Maybe this is the confidence she needs to get her damn GED and move forward with her life. I really hope she keeps going.

Good for you craytay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EleanorRigby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by EleanorRigby »

Correct me if I'm wrong but I never thought the medical field was all that accepting of tattoos and "modifications".
chelsieross7
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by chelsieross7 »

omg im in nursing school right now but i currently work as a CNA and tayler would NOT be able to do it. it's not the type of thing you can do if you're just in it for the money. you have to be able to run around on your feet for long hours, lift heavy people, and just put up with a lot of tiring, often gross shit (literally, half the job is cleaning poop). but someone like tayler could not do it! the hard labor, long hours, and amount of care and patience it takes to be a CNA.. tayler couldn't do it. shes too lazy. of course, she did say she was gonna try to become a CNA after she gets her GED, so she basically said she's never gonna become a CNA.
HubertCumberdale
Talker
Talker

EleanorRigby wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but I never thought the medical field was all that accepting of tattoos and "modifications".
I think it may just depend on where. the nursing home I worked in was so desperate they just hired anyone that was certified, honestly. One girl had a marijuana leaf tattooed on her forearm! But I'm sure hospitals and maybe bigger nursing/retirement homes may be strict on that.
gypsophila
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by gypsophila »

I don't think her alleged place of employment should be publicized. That makes us look bad, since there's no proof, just hearsay. Unless there is a screenshot, how is it believable? Also, she is damned if she does, damned if she doesn't here. If she has a job, that's a GREAT thing, regardless of where it is or what it is. Next up is the elusive GED. I'm not going to bitch at Tayler for finally getting a job. I'm going to praise that fact. Now just keep going, Tayler.
“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”- Buddha
hannahbanana
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by hannahbanana »

chelsieross7 wrote:omg im in nursing school right now but i currently work as a CNA and tayler would NOT be able to do it. it's not the type of thing you can do if you're just in it for the money. you have to be able to run around on your feet for long hours, lift heavy people, and just put up with a lot of tiring, often gross shit (literally, half the job is cleaning poop). but someone like tayler could not do it! the hard labor, long hours, and amount of care and patience it takes to be a CNA.. tayler couldn't do it. shes too lazy. of course, she did say she was gonna try to become a CNA after she gets her GED, so she basically said she's never gonna become a CNA.
This reminds me of Janelle from TM2 when she told her mom how she was going to be a medical assistant and "save people's lives" lol. I have lots of friends who are CNA's and all they literally can do is take your height and weight, some (like you said) are pretty much stuck cleaning up poop or taking trash out. They aren't allowed to do anything more than that.
EleanorRigby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by EleanorRigby »

We have heard this entire song and dance 100 times. So no, I'm not happy for her until she proves she's actually changed. I refuse to give her the benefit of the doubt anymore. She might just be getting this job to look good in court.
fortwendy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by fortwendy »

Did she show the actual cheque? LOOOOOVE her comment about how she doesn't need a man's money. No Tayler, just the government's! ;)
mamamayhem14
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by mamamayhem14 »

I am glad she is working. I don't want to discredit her unless she does quit. I hope she does good and does what she says she will and better her life. I have a few friends that are CNA's and they all want out of the field and want to do something different now because it is a lot harder than they had originally expected. Around here there are always so short staffed that nearly anyone can get a job there regardless of tattoos or whatever.
flippityflop
Informer
Informer

Unread post by flippityflop »

hannahbanana wrote:
chelsieross7 wrote:omg im in nursing school right now but i currently work as a CNA and tayler would NOT be able to do it. it's not the type of thing you can do if you're just in it for the money. you have to be able to run around on your feet for long hours, lift heavy people, and just put up with a lot of tiring, often gross shit (literally, half the job is cleaning poop). but someone like tayler could not do it! the hard labor, long hours, and amount of care and patience it takes to be a CNA.. tayler couldn't do it. shes too lazy. of course, she did say she was gonna try to become a CNA after she gets her GED, so she basically said she's never gonna become a CNA.
This reminds me of Janelle from TM2 when she told her mom how she was going to be a medical assistant and "save people's lives" lol. I have lots of friends who are CNA's and all they literally can do is take your height and weight, some (like you said) are pretty much stuck cleaning up poop or taking trash out. They aren't allowed to do anything more than that.
that's actually a little offensive. I'm a tech in a hospital to gain experience after I finish nursing school. while yes, cna's do clean up a lot of poop, we take vital signs, transport patients, remove IV's, hygiene care, remove and occasionally insert urinary catheters. it's more than just wiping asses.
HubertCumberdale
Talker
Talker

Being a CNA is way more than just wiping butts. It's definitely a tough job, but rewarding. There's so much you have to do. I only have nursing home experience but you have to get your residents, cleaned up, dressed, groomed, ready for meals on time, pass out meal trays, lay your residents down for a nap, and make sure they are clean and dry, you have to make sure they have ice water and their call light. CNAs really are under-appreciated for what we do everyday.
red3head
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by red3head »

"I cry when I'm angry," except when I record myself telling the story of supposedly getting attacked for hours on end and then when I write and re-write the story over and over on social media.
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016042 ... 343744.jpg
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016042 ... cd2b0d.jpg

red3head
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by red3head »

red3head wrote:"I cry when I'm angry," except when I record myself telling the story of supposedly getting attacked for hours on end and then when I write and re-write the story over and over on social media. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016042 ... 343744.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016042 ... cd2b0d.jpg[/img]

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

If one mean customer freaks her out, she'll never make it as a CNA. What's she going to do with some poor old person with dementia who can't help being mean? CNA's do work super hard and don't get a lot of appreciation.
Rude customers are part of the job. If she's going to write a novel and cry every time someone is a jerk to her, she isn't going to last. Even with other customers "having her back", management isn't going to coddle someone who needs to go cry when people are rude. I feel bad for her, it isn't fun to have someone be rude, but you have to suck it up and go on.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
hannahbanana
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by hannahbanana »

For those without tapatalk:
Also, She keeps mentioning how she was being the nice one. Congrats Tayler, you held your tounge for once in your life, no wonder you started crying.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
yummles
Informer
Informer

Unread post by yummles »

Ehhh... I'm starting to think she isn't going to last. This is the real world. How old is Tayler? In her early twenties right? She's gotta know that not everyone is nice. Some people are assholes. You have to be tough in work atmospheres so you don't end up with a mental break over some random asshole. Those people don't matter. Fuck them. I had to learn that at my 1st job at 15, and hopefully Tayler will not be so in her feelings next time.

I'm still rooting for her for the sake of her kids. I hope she doesn't quit because of her "anxiety".

staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

She will never last in retail if she can't handle rude people, I have worked in retail on and off for over 10 years and if I make it through a day with only one rude customer than I think that that day was a success. The best thing you can do to rude customers is be obnoxiously nice. It's annoying to them, they want to affect you, they want to get to you and they want to make you cry. Be overly nice and move onto the next customer. Simple.

Get a grip.

lily1995
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by lily1995 »

"She's an asshole", nice. Also maybe you should have done some research before rushing out and getting the first cute dog you see.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
missparzival
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by missparzival »

lily1995 wrote:"She's an asshole", nice. Also maybe you should have done some research before rushing out and getting the first cute dog you see.
I can't see the photo :( what is it?

Return to “Tayler Tragedy”