The Bride of Chuckie: Holding deaths hand - Part 48

lily1995
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: The Bride of Chuckie: Holding deaths hand - Part 48

Unread post by lily1995 »

Mallabow wrote:
lily1995 wrote:"She's an asshole", nice. Also maybe you should have done some research before rushing out and getting the first cute dog you see.
I can't see the photo :( what is it?
She posted a meme that's basically the expectations vs reality of getting a puppy and she wrote "This is Lillith, she is an asshole"
missparzival
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by missparzival »

Maybe train your dog and she won't be an asshole!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

I've had times at my job where I've had to grab a coworker/manager to help while I went and cried in the bathroom because people can be total dicks, so I feel for her. But she'll have to grow some thicker skin if she wants to work retail, there's nothing worse. Just wait until people start throwing things at her bc they don't ring up right.
placebo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by placebo »

I'm sorry, but just no. She should have removed herself from the situation right away. Other customers aren't there to comfort her, for fucks sake. SHE IS THERE TO SERVE THEM, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND.

Also, that's nothing. Like, a very minor thing to happen in the scale of hard customers. DON'T TALK BADLY ABOUT YOUR CUSTOMERS IN SOCIAL MEDIA. It's not a good idea. If she sees it, she will probably count 1+1 and so will the other ladies.

No sympathy from me. Welcome to the real world.
emilynicole1435
Informer
Informer

Unread post by emilynicole1435 »

There was a case in my town of a waitress/hostess being fired because she was complaining about difficult customers on her Facebook. Tayler's screwed if she can't handle one mean customer, especially during a not so busy time of year. The holidays would probably KILL her.
HubertCumberdale
Talker
Talker

Unread post by HubertCumberdale »

If she can't deal with rude customers now, she would have a difficult time in the medical field. Sometimes patients/residents are rude (they usually don't mean it but some do), their families can be rude sometimes if things aren't done right, and even the people you work with can be really mean. I worked with mostly women and they were BRUTAL when I first started working as a CNA. I never cried though, I just brushed them off and then eventually switched to a different shift. She really shouldn't be talking shit about customers on social media, completely unprofessional. I have this feeling that she will end up quitting because she won't be handle it. I guess her "magic tiny pill" isn't working as well as she thought
atr1252
Informer
Informer

Unread post by atr1252 »

She really got upset at a rude customer smh. That is retail!! She will always have rude customers! Why the hell would she let that get to her? She would definitely not last around the holidays. I've worked retail on the military base. It was an every day thing to have more than one rude customer! Ignore it, continue to be nice and move on. Also, it's pretty much common sense not to put spray paint in a bag with other items. That's like putting a loaf of bread in a bag with a gallon of milk. Many people are anal about that type of stuff. It will be better in the long run if she just always separates things like that.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
emilynicole1435
Informer
Informer

Also... I know HIGH SCHOOLERS that just got their STNA licences.
SilverLady01
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by SilverLady01 »

I think Tayler acts indeed as a 15 year old. She has no clue how things work at work. She may thought everyone will be nice. That shows she is a first timer on working. I think it's expected but she should not have shown it around her co workers or boss. Not everyone has a hard skin by default but I would feel embarrassed if I cried in front of customers and more importantly around co workers and boss.
hannahbanana
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by hannahbanana »

In a way I do feel bad for her, but at the same time, welcome to the retail life. I'll never forget the first rude customer I had when I first started working retail. It is hard to not be rude back, but Tayler does have to learn that there will be worst customers, people who witness it will not always vouch for her, and co-workers aren't always going to come to the rescue so you can have a cry in the break room.
chelsieross7
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by chelsieross7 »

emilynicole1435 wrote:Also... I know HIGH SCHOOLERS that just got their STNA licences.
So? What does that have to with how difficult the job is? The high schools in my town have programs that allow kids to become CNAs and hairdressers and earn all kinds of certifications before they graduate. You don't have to be an adult and you don't necessarily have to be book smart to be a CNA, you have to be physically and emotionally strong, have great time management, and a lot of patience. They also do ALOT more than just weigh/measure people. Unless you've worked as a CNA or in the medical field and seen first hand how hard aides and techs work, don't discredit the work or brush it off as if it's a joke of a job
emilynicole1435
Informer
Informer

chelsieross7 wrote:
emilynicole1435 wrote:Also... I know HIGH SCHOOLERS that just got their STNA licences.
So? What does that have to with how difficult the job is? The high schools in my town have programs that allow kids to become CNAs and hairdressers and earn all kinds of certifications before they graduate. You don't have to be an adult and you don't necessarily have to be book smart to be a CNA, you have to be physically and emotionally strong, have great time management, and a lot of patience. They also do ALOT more than just weigh/measure people. Unless you've worked as a CNA or in the medical field and seen first hand how hard aides and techs work, don't discredit the work or brush it off as if it's a joke of a job
Oh, I'm so sorry. I guess I meant more maturity wise - girls I know who are younger than her have been working as STNAs for months now, and I've never heard a peep of complaint out of them on social media except for a few nursing memes. If Tayler can't handle a slightly grouchy customer, she won't be able to handle this. Again, I'm very sorry for disrespecting the job.
oh4thelawls
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by oh4thelawls »

Someone catch me up, what does Tayler do? I don't have time to catch up on threads :/
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

oh4thelawls wrote:Someone catch me up, what does Tayler do? I don't have time to catch up on threads :/
She hasn't said where she works except that she's a cashier.
gypsophila
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by gypsophila »

Retail is no fun for anyone, but it is a reality for most people at some point in their lives. Or for a long period of time while they are going to school trying to get a degree in something. It's a good place to start, but yes, it can be very trying. Or you can just not give a f*ck and not let it rattle you. Tayler DOES still act like a 16 year old because she never did things in order. No high school experience, straight to babymaking, no job, no getting out of the house. She has been isolated by choice for 6 years. I will be pissed if this is the beginning of the end for her job experience. People put up with so much more and keep going!
“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”- Buddha
EleanorRigby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by EleanorRigby »

I just don't get why she needs ass pats for every thing she does. I work retail so I 100% understand how upsetting it can be. But like was said above, bitch to your coworkers and move on. And that's like the tip of the iceberg sweetie. I'm sure many of us could go on and on about much worse things customers have said to them. Part of being a grown up is reacting like a grown up.
kingoflove21vher
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by kingoflove21vher »

I work retail at a busy grocery store where people constantly get bitchy, you build a bridge and get over it. #1 lesson of customer service is to kill them with kindness and tell them thank you have a GREAT day. It is a really stupid move to complain on social media. I know the company I work for would reprimand me if they found out. You should (usually) keep your personal and work lives separated in my opinion - especially on the Internet. Tayler is crying what sounds like a regular customer, not even a rude one. One of my coworkers had a woman tell her to fix her face she was that ugly because she didn't hear her correctly. People are just douchebags, its retail.

"I suppose the story of my life is a search for love, but more than that, I have been looking for a way to repair myself from the damages I suffered early on ..."
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

I would be fired from my job if I spoke about a customer like that on the Internet. I work for a large chain supermarket in Australia and we have to sign a form when we're hired to say we won't mention our jobs at all on social media. Most companies are the same these days, particularly the big chains.

SilverLady01
Gossiper
Gossiper

I don't think she was talking bad but someone said. Tayler has been isolated for quite sometime. To be able to hold yourself and don't let it bother you requires maturity or getting used to it and don't care. Tayler hasn't been working not even a month!! That girl lacks common sense and reaction. I don't actually pat her back but I can really see why she can't function. Not because of her anxiety but rather her anxiety are caused by the lack of normal experiences that should have happened years ago.
Personal experience:
I haven't had a job until I was 25 now I am 26 and I can remember Inwas terrified and my heart would pound hard the first day I went to my work. Mind that it had to do with daycare! So I assume something similar happens to her and she overeacts and she doesn't know what to do because she has never learned. Like a toddler is afraid to take the step because s/he will fall down. I think her self confidence is on dead end. Of coarse I don't have 3 children that require a steady job from their mother. But it's like telling a baby to walk at 18 months because someone else could do it. We are not all at the same pace. I only see why she can't function. I don't find it the best she could do but she should vent online! That is a no no!!
SilverLady01
Gossiper
Gossiper

SilverLady01 wrote:I don't think she was talking bad but someone said. Tayler has been isolated for quite sometime. To be able to hold yourself and don't let it bother you requires maturity or getting used to it and don't care. Tayler hasn't been working not even a month!! That girl lacks common sense and reaction. I don't actually pat her back but I can really see why she can't function. Not because of her anxiety but rather her anxiety are caused by the lack of normal experiences that should have happened years ago.
Personal experience:
I haven't had a job until I was 25 now I am 26 and I can remember Inwas terrified and my heart would pound hard the first day I went to my work. Mind that it had to do with daycare! So I assume something similar happens to her and she overeacts and she doesn't know what to do because she has never learned. Like a toddler is afraid to take the step because s/he will fall down. I think her self confidence is on dead end. Of coarse I don't have 3 children that require a steady job from their mother. But it's like telling a baby to walk at 18 months because someone else could do it. We are not all at the same pace. I only see why she can't function. I don't find it the best she could do but she should vent online! That is a no no!!
I meant shouldn't! Dang that is why you shouldn't write when you have just woken up!!!

Return to “Tayler Tragedy”