Jess, Alpine and Their Soon to Be Family of 9: Part 71

marinewife0920
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Jess, Alpine and Their Soon to Be Family of 9: Part 71

Unread post by marinewife0920 »

She got a pair of cleats in one of her yard sale hauls. She probably just never went and bought another pair and the ones she got fit Kaden.
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

LittleBitOfKaitlyn wrote:
Shawn2011 wrote:
yummles wrote:I feel bad that Landen just sleeps wherever he finds a spot that night. Poor little guy. It makes me mad to think Jess and Chris thought it was a good idea to have another baby, yet the youngest kid doesn't even have a place to sleep.

They don't own their house so it's not like they can expand on it. Which means that they'll be moving again in a year or so. If Chris leaves then it'll be back to Mimi's house! Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What's the point of giving him a dedicated bedroom if he is happier sleeping in the same rooms as his siblings? It's not like they are all teenagers.
..... Because it's sad. In Canada CPS would be at your door if a child didn't have a bed to sleep in and slept wherever they plop that night.
No.. They wouldn't. CPS doesnt just show up at peoples doors. I hate when people drop the "CPS would,,,," as of CPS has eyes and ears in everybodies house. CPS deals with children who are emotionally and physically ABUSED, starving, living in deplorable conditions, parents who cannot take care of them etc... The fact that a child who is clearly healthy and happy in a (finally)clean home would not even be on the radar. Many kids his age still sleep in bed with their parents, does that mean CPS should be at their doors? IF Chris was abusive, it was an unstable home etc etc of course a bed for the child would be on the list of things they would need to do in order to keep their children in their custody but in an otherwise stable home it doesnt matter. He is two, not ten.
(FTR- I wish Landen had a designated spot as well, I dont understand why they wouldnt get a house that fit all their needs but that fact alone doesnt make them horrible parents)
LittleBitOfKaitlyn
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by LittleBitOfKaitlyn »

WheresMyCoffee wrote:
Shawn2011 wrote: What's the point of giving him a dedicated bedroom if he is happier sleeping in the same rooms as his siblings? It's not like they are all teenagers.
..... Because it's sad. In Canada CPS would be at your door if a child didn't have a bed to sleep in and slept wherever they plop that night.
No.. They wouldn't. CPS doesnt just show up at peoples doors. I hate when people drop the "CPS would,,,," as of CPS has eyes and ears in everybodies house. CPS deals with children who are emotionally and physically ABUSED, starving, living in deplorable conditions, parents who cannot take care of them etc... The fact that a child who is clearly healthy and happy in a (finally)clean home would not even be on the radar. Many kids his age still sleep in bed with their parents, does that mean CPS should be at their doors? IF Chris was abusive, it was an unstable home etc etc of course a bed for the child would be on the list of things they would need to do in order to keep their children in their custody but in an otherwise stable home it doesnt matter. He is two, not ten.
You seem pretty butthurt about that comment, was CPS at your door as a child? Yeah, if a child doesn't have a bed CPS WOULD be at the door, especially since Jessica is clearly in the system. Her living conditions aren't stable when there's 7 soon to be 8 kids in a 4 bedroom house. Where the fuck do they put them? Well I guess we know where they put landen. No where, he has to fall asleep wherever it's convenient so they don't have to buy him a bed.
LittleBitOfKaitlyn
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LittleBitOfKaitlyn »

Canada's a lot more different then the US, hence why I said "if it was Canada" because all mothers here are technically in the system. If I didn't have a bed for my daughter I would have to get one or else I would face the consequences.

WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

LittleBitOfKaitlyn wrote:Canada's a lot more different then the US, hence why I said "if it was Canada" because all mothers here are technically in the system. If I didn't have a bed for my daughter I would have to get one or else I would face the consequences.

I am Canadian. I have never, ever heard of it being a big deal or all mothers being in the system? Granted, if we are talking about a ten year old boy of course he needs a bed but a 2 year old? Lots of 2 year olds sleep in bed with their parents and I have never heard of CPS knocking on anyones door over it. Who would report it?
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

No.. They wouldn't. CPS doesnt just show up at peoples doors. I hate when people drop the "CPS would,,,," as of CPS has eyes and ears in everybodies house. CPS deals with children who are emotionally and physically ABUSED, starving, living in deplorable conditions, parents who cannot take care of them etc... The fact that a child who is clearly healthy and happy in a (finally)clean home would not even be on the radar. Many kids his age still sleep in bed with their parents, does that mean CPS should be at their doors? IF Chris was abusive, it was an unstable home etc etc of course a bed for the child would be on the list of things they would need to do in order to keep their children in their custody but in an otherwise stable home it doesnt matter. He is two, not ten.[/quote]

You seem pretty butthurt about that comment, was CPS at your door as a child? Yeah, if a child doesn't have a bed CPS WOULD be at the door, especially since Jessica is clearly in the system. Her living conditions aren't stable when there's 7 soon to be 8 kids in a 4 bedroom house. Where the fuck do they put them? Well I guess we know where they put landen. No where, he has to fall asleep wherever it's convenient so they don't have to buy him a bed.[/quote]

Butthurt? Are you 12? Like I said, I would want all my children to have a bed of their own but saying "CPS would be at your door" is just untrue. Unless Drake filed a complaint, then they would have to investigate (what do you expect them to do? Take Landen away because he doesnt have his own bed) but who says he doesnt have a bed? Tommy and Caden must have a place to sleep when they are there, no? Lilia has a trundle bed. Not ideal for me personally but let's not pretend the kid is sleeping in the dog bed.
Ehxsnohs
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Ehxsnohs »

I can't believe she is 24 with (soon to be) 5 kids (of her own) and 2 step kids. That is insane to me.
I'm 24 as well and I have a 6 year old daughter that is more then enough for me to handle haha
I can't imagine adding in 6 more kids to my house, even with my husbands help.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
duhhitskarley
Talker
Talker

Unread post by duhhitskarley »

WheresMyCoffee wrote:
LittleBitOfKaitlyn wrote: ..... Because it's sad. In Canada CPS would be at your door if a child didn't have a bed to sleep in and slept wherever they plop that night.
You seem pretty butthurt about that comment, was CPS at your door as a child? Yeah, if a child doesn't have a bed CPS WOULD be at the door, especially since Jessica is clearly in the system. Her living conditions aren't stable when there's 7 soon to be 8 kids in a 4 bedroom house. Where the fuck do they put them? Well I guess we know where they put landen. No where, he has to fall asleep wherever it's convenient so they don't have to buy him a bed.

Just to add - there are legal limits to occupants in rentals. 2 persons to a room. So legally she shouldn't/can't live there..
mikejones
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by mikejones »

I don't think she can afford a "legal" house. Tbh..
vonniebeth
Gossiper
Gossiper
Discord name: vonniebeth

Unread post by vonniebeth »

I personally think Landen should have a bed of his own and be encouraged to use it, because he's not going to be a two year old forever. My youngest sister is 13 and was like Landen when she was his age. She had a bed and my parents tried to make her use it, but she insisted on sleeping in Mom's bed, my bed, or one of my sisters' beds. The bed was always there as a backup in case she ever decided to sleep in her own bed. She now sleeps in my bed while I'm away at school (which is about 3/4 of the year) or on the couch in the living room because she refuses to sleep on the top bunk. I'm not sure if that would apply to Jess at all, but it might give her some ideas if she really wants to keep feigning the "Mother of the Year" act. :roll:

Jess, if you do use my real life example, please do not refer to me as a fan. Also, because they are your CHILDREN and not just some dolls for you to dress up, please treat them like people and make sure they all have a bed. Stop being a cheapo just so you can afford your next trip to Disneyland.
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

RIP Seamus, the goodest good boy :love2: 11.08.06-12.08.19
ladymama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ladymama »

In Canada his sleeping situation would only be a concern if CAS already had an open case with them. They won't open a case for something like that, but if they already have a case open they will insist something is changed. Co-sleeping is a no-no to CAS, so if there isnt a crib or bed (no playpens allowed!) set up for each child they will use it against you.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk
Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yogabbagabbat »

Damn I hate that this board always ends up talking about CPS.

Jess is a bare minimum mom, but doesn't deserve to have her children taken from her. It's bad that landen doesn't have a bed, but he'll live without one. it's ridiculous to bring up CPS when there are so many other children that are in actual need of help.
nela7
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nela7 »

Landen deserves his own space, because we all need things to call our "own" even at two. He should have a bed, even a cheap little toddler one they can move around. I don't think it's that harmful, but it has to suck to share everything with your siblings, even their beds!

red3head
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by red3head »

Landen pretty much has a bed. There is a completely furnished bedroom for tommy and Caiden. I think he likes sleeping with his siblings and I don't see any problem with that.

ber614
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ber614 »

I thought Landen shared bunk bed with Kyson and Kaden. Don't they have one where the bottom is a full and the top is a twin so it has 3 spots? Just because Landen may not sleep in his spot like he is supposed to doesn't mean he doesn't have one. You guys are making seem like Jessica is making him sleep on the floor of the living room.
shilohjulia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shilohjulia »

Umm is Landen's bed or lack thereof really being argued? I had my own bed and slept with my parents anyways until I was about 7 or 8. My parents were hippies and didnt care. I was s fearful child and got scared in the middle of the night being alone and would always climb in bed with either my parents or my older sister (we all had our own rooms). Even as a 9 or 10 year old, when I would sleep over friends or cousins houses, we would all sleep together. Landen has the lower bunk under his brothers. He doesn't need "his own space", he's still a baby! I've actually been enjoying Jess's videos as of late. She seems to be in a good place, the kids seem happy and her and Chris seem solid. Who knows what will happen in the future but this is definitely the happiest I've seen her and the kids *shrug*

nela7
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nela7 »

I mean damn, I just love coming on this board and readying 10,000 personal anecdotes that have nothing to do with Jess.

WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Yogabbagabbat wrote:Damn I hate that this board always ends up talking about CPS.

Jess is a bare minimum mom, but doesn't deserve to have her children taken from her. It's bad that landen doesn't have a bed, but he'll live without one. it's ridiculous to bring up CPS when there are so many other children that are in actual need of help.
This is basically what I was trying to say. I think we all agree Jess isnt mom of the year but to bring up CPS over a fucking bed is ridiculous.
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ladymama wrote:In Canada his sleeping situation would only be a concern if CAS already had an open case with them. They won't open a case for something like that, but if they already have a case open they will insist something is changed. Co-sleeping is a no-no to CAS, so if there isnt a crib or bed (no playpens allowed!) set up for each child they will use it against you.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk
Right, so if Drake filed a complaint they would have to check into it but I highly doubt they would care that he doesnt have an "assigned" bed because there are adequate sleeping arrangements for him. He can sleep on Lilias trundle bed, the double bed in the twins room or the usually empty beds in Tommy and Cadens room. I have never ever heard that co sleeping is not acceptable from CPS, but again they want children to have a safe/clean place to sleep so if youy are cramming 5 kids into a small room with one bed that is obviously unacceptable. CPS would never ever come to your house because "they heard" your kid didnt have a bed. You can actually get into trouble for making false complaints because it is taking time away from kids/families who actually need and want the help. I think maybe people get confused because they think of custody situations, like for instance if Drake started taking the boys he would need to have sleeping arrangements for all of them. IE. bedrooms/beds because it would already be though the court system and they have requirements set up so the transition is as easy as can be for the children but they wont barge down any doors of "normal" (otherwise not in the system) families like some were suggesting.
pinkdiamond_3
Informer
Informer

Unread post by pinkdiamond_3 »

The Landen thing isn't as "illegal" as it just comes down to people's parenting opinions. I have lots of friends who let their kids just sleep with them every night. I would never allow that with my kids. In Landen's case, he wants to sleep with siblings. And honestly, while I don't find anything TOO wrong with that, if he were mine he would still have an actual bed and room area. Why can't they just stick another bed in the twins room? He should always be offered his own bed and not just assume he will sleep with someone else. Im sure Lilia is going to get sick of sleeping with her baby brother as well as Landen is going to get sick of a pink butterfly room to call his. Where's his dresser, his clothes, his stuff? It all seems insane to me but again, it's a preference thing. I would set him up a bed to start to instill some sort of routine. The big kids should be getting a good night sleep on school nights. On the weekends, let them go nuts. I mean, when someone comes over and says "where's Landen's room?" Doesn't she feel ridiculous saying, "oh, he doesn't have a room or anything, he just goes wherever" lol.

Return to “JesssFam”