Bonnie and Joel: #RelationshipGoals Part 4

staceyeileen
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: #RelationshipGoals Part 4

Unread post by staceyeileen »

Regarding why sharing a bathroom is bad.... umm, I have a 6yo son. It's bad enough that i have to go in there to clean the toilet, let alone sit on it to pee. Lol

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

Bonnie's house has 2 bathrooms, one upstairs and one downstairs. Considering 3 out of 4 kids rooms are downstairs and only the baby is upstairs you could pretty much consider the upstairs bathroom an ensuite. It's just across the hall not attached to their room. So they don't really have to share with the kids because they have their bathroom downstairs.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Bonnie and Joel: #RelationshipGoals Part 4

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Below is a long ass rant about the house comments...

Let's be real here. If B&J were to decide to sell their house and buy or build a new one, most of us here would argue she's losing her relatability. Sure they have enough money to upgrade, but they are completing all the projects they've dreamed about and planned out for years. They are checking goals off a list they had pre-YT! They are far different from over vloggers, and that's why we like them. Of course they aren't going to make the same decision to put "fun" or "appearance" before family health and security.

Plus at this point I'd be surprised if B&J don't own that home at this point. Why would they be in a hurry to upgrade and take out another mortgage? Despite what many people try to say.... a mortgage is debt.

We have a house VERY similar to B&Js. My children are just fine. They lack nothing and have more than most of their friends who have bigger houses. Sure we share a bathroom and don't have a grand kitchen, but we are all wanting for nothing. Could we upgrade... sure. But we don't see the need. A paid off home is worth more than a larger fancy one that you owe money on. I know this is t about me, but I'm getting super annoyed at the comments that are somehow suggesting B&J would have a better life with a different home. That's the Ellie/Missy way of thinking.

Just my opinion.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Plus, why would they put all that work and love into their house just to sell it? Makes no sense to me. They're not upgrading it just to get rid of it. You don't buy marble for a place you're not keeping. Or keep going back to look at counters to make sure you chose the "right" one.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
parryhotter
Informer
Informer

Unread post by parryhotter »

I just have to say that the whole bathroom thing has had me scratching my head too. I know not everyone "needs" their own "en suite" bathroom off their master bedroom, but I personally prefer it. To me, I hate thinking of my guests possibly seeing my "unmentionable" items or medicines in the bathroom. Again, that's me though lol. I have a really tiny house--only ~1,200 sq.ft. (with no basement) and we have the "en suite" (tiny, but utilized well) bathroom situation. I was just pretty shocked to see that B&J didn't. *shrug*

I'm really excited to see what they do to the kitchen/living room area. I wonder if they're changing the layout much? Like, adding a breakfast bar where the fridge wall was? That would probably look way weird though lol. I'm really antsy to see what they do! I'm glad she's been uploading almost every weekday lately to feed my "What's going on with the remodel??!???" fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

HelloSweetie wrote:Below is a long ass rant about the house comments...

Let's be real here. If B&J were to decide to sell their house and buy or build a new one, most of us here would argue she's losing her relatability. Sure they have enough money to upgrade, but they are completing all the projects they've dreamed about and planned out for years. They are checking goals off a list they had pre-YT! They are far different from over vloggers, and that's why we like them. Of course they aren't going to make the same decision to put "fun" or "appearance" before family health and security.

Plus at this point I'd be surprised if B&J don't own that home at this point. Why would they be in a hurry to upgrade and take out another mortgage? Despite what many people try to say.... a mortgage is debt.

We have a house VERY similar to B&Js. My children are just fine. They lack nothing and have more than most of their friends who have bigger houses. Sure we share a bathroom and don't have a grand kitchen, but we are all wanting for nothing. Could we upgrade... sure. But we don't see the need. A paid off home is worth more than a larger fancy one that you owe money on. I know this is t about me, but I'm getting super annoyed at the comments that are somehow suggesting B&J would have a better life with a different home. That's the Ellie/Missy way of thinking.

Just my opinion.
I agree with all of this. They will survive. Plenty of people do with alot less. Plus, they have a really decently sized yard so that is a huge plus with 4 little kids. Even if the house is not paid off they probably have a small mortgage so they could do more things like vacations, upgrades etc instead of living in a big house and being house poor.
If you dont want guests to see your "unmentionables" hide them? Cupboards, baskets etc.... Why would you be leaving tampons and deodorant on your counter anyway? They dont seem to host alot of people so I cant imagine they would add a second bathroom just to make guests comfortable. You have to live for your lifestyle and this house seems to fit theirs so I am happy for them. Won't nitpick the small things I would do differently.
parryhotter
Informer
Informer

FTR, my entire post was about what I like, not about what THEY SHOULD DO. Therefore, it is not nitpicking, just giving my own personal take on why I like having an attached bathroom. Sure, I've given my opinion on how I'd love to see them do this or that, but that's just giving my opinion on what I'd *like* to see, whether they do it or not, I'll still love them for doing whatever they do!

So many of y'all are way too stuck up this thread's ass that you take something that's not nitpicking and turn it into "NITPICKING." Holy hell... Get off your damn high horses! I'd say y'all are stuck up B&J's asses, but I really do like them, and that just sounds insulting. Stop defending when is nothing to defend, sheesh!

staceyeileen
Informer
Informer

lmmomSD wrote:Plus, why would they put all that work and love into their house just to sell it? Makes no sense to me. They're not upgrading it just to get rid of it. You don't buy marble for a place you're not keeping. Or keep going back to look at counters to make sure you chose the "right" one.

No one's saying they're fixing it up to sell it. I think they've made it clear that they're staying for a long while. Some of us are just saying we would have made a different decision (assuming we had the resources). If they love their house, I'm happy for them!
parryhotter
Informer
Informer

staceyeileen wrote:
No one's saying they're fixing it up to sell it. I think they've made it clear that they're staying for a long while. Some of us are just saying we would have made a different decision (assuming we had the resources). If they love their house, I'm happy for them!
THANK you! Image

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Most of what's been discussed lately are nitpicky. First we had days of how the kitchen is too small, and now it's that they don't have an ensuite. Imagine these were criticisms that came out of Bryan's mouth about someone's home.... we'd definitely be saying he's nitpicking.

It's their home! They bought it and have planned these renos out for years (I imagine) like the rest of us would. Criticizing their home for being too small just sounds like wanting to criticize and not being able to find anything else to talk about. The house is just fine, and I'm guessing there's a geographical element at play here judging by the number of posters that feel their house is "odd" or small. It's completely average here.

Yes it's nice to have extra features, a large kitchen, extra bathrooms (etc), but the kids don't NEED that. Ellie and Jared are building that giant house that I'm sure will have all those features, but the thing is... will it be warm and inviting? Will it have a homey feel? Bonnie and Joel love their house, and I definitely get a warm and inviting vibe from it. If they are happy in it, then I don't see the big deal. We don't want them to change right? The plan was for that to be their forever home and YT shouldn't change that.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

parryhotter wrote:
staceyeileen wrote:
THANK you! Image

But a few people have said they _should_ be fixing it up to sell it-- that it's too small, etc. Or that they hope they sell it and get a bigger place. But I feel like that would make them like Ellie and Jared. They're doing things they have wanted to do for a while, and like HS said, their home will be much more inviting and homey than E&J's McMansion.

pirateayy07
Informer
Informer

Unread post by pirateayy07 »

I love that they're not fixing up their home to sell it. But I did see one or maybe 2 ppl say they thought that's what they should do.

I understand some see the layout of a home as not doable for their own personal needs, but I feel like these folks have done well with what they have and they are making very smart choices. I even related to Bonnie about the hardwood floors being emotional...I'd love to rip up our existing hardwoods or hell even refinish them.

I honestly thought some ppl would have been discussing something else I noticed in the recent vlog, but I won't mention it. Lol.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

How cute was Joel's dancing [HEAVY BLACK HEART]️

I love how thankful they are for everything they have. Living in a workzone is incredibly hard with children, and Bonnie has hardly even complained! I can only imagine how anxious the mess is making her.

I'm glad they explained why they weren't opening the kitchen up more. I was definitely wondering what the reason was. I get the impression that when it comes to structural decisions Bonnie is 100% willing to let Joel step in and make the decisions.
parryhotter
Informer
Informer

I am a little bummed they won't open up the kitchen more, but their reasons make sense. (And they were obviously sick of people mentioning it! Lol) So I guess the layout will remain basically the same? Again, I'm glad they're documenting this process so well! The hardwood floors in the kitchen make me nervous because of spilling things/kitchen sink leaks, but those were some THICK floors! Wow! I guess I've never seen true hardwood flooring before. Haha. It'll look great! I've wanted to get the tiles that look like hardwood flooring in my kitchen because of the wood look with ease of care, but that was beyond my budget!

thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

I love the floors and love how it's carried out from the kitchen to the living room, makes the space look much bigger.
You can tell how truly thankful they are and I love one of the comments saying "you can have it all but you can't have it all at once"..
And Joel dancing ;)
staceyeileen
Informer
Informer

pirateayy07 wrote: I honestly thought some ppl would have been discussing something else I noticed in the recent vlog, but I won't mention it. Lol.
Ooh now I'm curious. What did we miss?

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

HelloSweetie wrote:How cute was Joel's dancing [HEAVY BLACK HEART]️

I love how thankful they are for everything they have. Living in a workzone is incredibly hard with children, and Bonnie has hardly even complained! I can only imagine how anxious the mess is making her.

I'm glad they explained why they weren't opening the kitchen up more. I was definitely wondering what the reason was. I get the impression that when it comes to structural decisions Bonnie is 100% willing to let Joel step in and make the decisions.
Love that about them!!! So many other vloggers would be complaing about everything!!!! "I have to watch the kids by myself while Joel is working on the house", "such a mess!" "nowhere to cook!", etc etc... does anyone watch Michelle Pearson? All she does is complain yet she doesnt cook ever, her husband works all day and then comes home so she can either go on a run by herself or go to coloring parties or dance parties. She has alone time every single day yet still finds shit to complain about. She complains so much people in her neighborhood bring her dinners and leave soda on her door step. Anyway point being it is very refreshing to see B&J be so genuinely thankful for not only eachother but everything they have.
pirateayy07
Informer
Informer

Unread post by pirateayy07 »

True, wheresmycoffee... you described her to a T! Lol. I don't watch her anymore though.

B&J are just fairly humble people I believe. They try to take everything with stride.
ladymama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ladymama »

I asked on youtube if Joel took a vacation from work to be available for the remodel, and someone just replied that B would probably delete my comment, like she has done any time this girl has asked if Joel quit work... That worries me- Bonnie deleting comments about it. We'll see if she deletes mine.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk
staceyeileen
Informer
Informer

ladymama wrote:I asked on youtube if Joel took a vacation from work to be available for the remodel, and someone just replied that B would probably delete my comment, like she has done any time this girl has asked if Joel quit work... That worries me- Bonnie deleting comments about it. We'll see if she deletes mine.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk
I usually don't read the comments, but I was reading them today. She was being really active in the comments section, except for the questions asking about Joel's job (and there were quite a few when I was reading).

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”