Re: JessFam: The Skube Bunch - Part 72

Unread post by Yogabbagabbat »

Her poor stomach. :o
violet-kelsey black
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by violet-kelsey black »

People were saying that she still has a high chance of getting preeclampsia later in her pregnancy because of her current symptoms. What would happen if she did?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ehxsnohs
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Ehxsnohs »

She'd probably be placed on strict bedrest in hopes that she'd be able to make it to a safe point where she could deliver the baby and I'd have a shot at survival.
If it got worse before a safe point, then well, unfortunately we all know what the outcome would be (and as must as I dislike Jesss, I would NEVER EVER wish this on her).

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Ehxsnohs
Talker
Talker

Ehxsnohs wrote:early in the pregnancy, She'd probably be placed on strict bedrest in hopes that she'd be able to make it to a safe point where she could deliver the baby and I'd have a shot at survival.
If it got worse before a safe point, then well, unfortunately we all know what the outcome would be (and as must as I dislike Jesss, I would NEVER EVER wish this on her).
If it happened later on in the pregnancy, they would probably induce and deliver the baby. I delivered my daughter at 38 weeks due to pre e.

Ehxsnohs
Talker
Talker

Sorry, tried to edit my post but didn't know how

violet-kelsey black
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

People were saying that she still has a high chance of getting preeclampsia later in her pregnancy because of her current symptoms. What would happen if she did?

Blanketyblank
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Blanketyblank »

violet-kelsey black wrote:People were saying that she still has a high chance of getting preeclampsia later in her pregnancy because of her current symptoms. What would happen if she did?

When you go in for your usual visit they always check your urine if there's protein in it and/or swelling of the legs and feet they might admit her. I had it and they sent me home with a plastic jug that all my urine had to go intk for 24 hours then you'd bring it in to them. If it's fine they might just set up an appointment if not they'll admit you for 24hour surveillance and at a later point give you a large dose of magnesium to help prevent seizures (makes everything feel like it's melting off) and pad the bed rails. Because magnesium slows all body functions you can't eat or drink and have to be cathed. I really hope she doesn't have that because I did and it was a week of hell.

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk
tmarieme
Informer
Informer

Unread post by tmarieme »

Her midwife is interesting.
Wanting her to gain more weight? I in no way think she is fat or even big for that matter. It's just weird that she's encouraging so much weight gain in 2 weeks. I know 7lbs isn't a crazy amount but still. She was a "bigger" weight than she is use to so it doesn't surprise me she hasn't gained a lot.
Was this weird to anyone else?
wasteoftime
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wasteoftime »

Technically she was definitely overweight before pregnancy. Healthy weight mums often don't gain any weight during the first 12-15 weeks, right up to very overweight mums to be who often lose weight during pregnancy, let alone with morning sickness. I've not watched the vlog yet but i've never heard of a healthy to slightly overweight mum being told to gain weight in pregnancy. If she eats right it will happen naturally as the pregnancy progresses just like every other mum. But she's special isn't she, so she has to take special "drugs" and special medical advice *sarcasm*.
mrsbarnaby
Informer
Informer

Unread post by mrsbarnaby »

tmarieme wrote:Her midwife is interesting.
Wanting her to gain more weight? I in no way think she is fat or even big for that matter. It's just weird that she's encouraging so much weight gain in 2 weeks. I know 7lbs isn't a crazy amount but still. She was a "bigger" weight than she is use to so it doesn't surprise me she hasn't gained a lot.
I agree with you. It's not healthy to gain weight that fast whether you are underweight or overweight. Weight is meant to come off and go on slowly for good reason. She is only 16 weeks pregnant so the baby doesn't even weigh a pound yet and she was heavier with this pregnant compared to her other ones. A 2 pound gain is perfectly fine. I'm really not a fan of this midwife at all.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
violet-kelsey black
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Blanketyblank wrote:
violet-kelsey black wrote:People were saying that she still has a high chance of getting preeclampsia later in her pregnancy because of her current symptoms. What would happen if she did?

When you go in for your usual visit they always check your urine if there's protein in it and/or swelling of the legs and feet they might admit her. I had it and they sent me home with a plastic jug that all my urine had to go intk for 24 hours then you'd bring it in to them. If it's fine they might just set up an appointment if not they'll admit you for 24hour surveillance and at a later point give you a large dose of magnesium to help prevent seizures (makes everything feel like it's melting off) and pad the bed rails. Because magnesium slows all body functions you can't eat or drink and have to be cathed. I really hope she doesn't have that because I did and it was a week of hell.

so would there be a chance for her to get induced &/or get a c-section?

Blanketyblank
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Blanketyblank »

violet-kelsey black wrote:
Blanketyblank wrote:

so would there be a chance for her to get induced &/or get a c-section?

If it was that bad then yeah. That's why I was there so long they did everything to induce then a c-section. They check your weight later on and before you go because if you didn't lose weight or gained weight then you may still have it for which I'm pretty sure there's nothing they can do.

blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by blackroses »

I'm starting to dislike this midwife more and more, hope she finds a better one idk that one gives me a bad vibe.
snarkyblonde
Talker
Talker

Unread post by snarkyblonde »

mrsbarnaby wrote:
tmarieme wrote:Her midwife is interesting.
I agree with you. It's not healthy to gain weight that fast whether you are underweight or overweight. Weight is meant to come off and go on slowly for good reason. She is only 16 weeks pregnant so the baby doesn't even weigh a pound yet and she was heavier with this pregnant compared to her other ones. A 2 pound gain is perfectly fine. I'm really not a fan of this midwife at all.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Yeah, it seems very odd to me. I've mentioned that I have hyperemesis and am currently 31 weeks pregnant, but have dropped a ton of weight since the sickness began. I still am losing weight. I started the pregnancy a bit overweight (around 175 lb at 5' 6"). My doctor is concerned that I continue to lose weight, but they want me to put weight on carefully - no one ever has said anything about just "indulge every craving". They advise me to add in healthy fats like avocado when I can, and to eat a lot of healthy proteins and whole grains to add in calories. Our little guy has been measuring right on target for his gestational age at every appointment - so thankful!

Also agree that if the midwife isn't testing her urine, she's being extremely irresponsible. I live only about 2 hours from Modesto, and there are plenty of midwives you can see at my doctor's office if you prefer that to an OB. I see the midwife from time to time as I like the more personal care, but they still do all normal testing - urine tests, BP test, etc. I'm not sure why she doesn't do that so she still is getting proper medical care.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

If Jess gains 7 lbs. in 4 weeks won't it all be fat anyway? How will that help the baby? As long as she's eating enough calories per day, I don't see why she should have to force herself to eat more...likely junk food that has no benefit at all.
xxvictoryxx
Talker
Talker

Unread post by xxvictoryxx »

To answer someone's question about pre-eclampsia, she could definitely have it this go around. I hope to God she doesn't though. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I was diagnosed with it at my 20 week appointment with my first child, but had been having ketones in my urine from around 15 weeks and physical symptoms (some swelling in hands and feet) began at around 17 weeks. I was put on strict bedrest at 25 weeks and told to monitor my BP at home, flush with fluids, keep my feet up, etc. I was hospitalized at 34 weeks with severe BP problems and my urine was insane. Two days later my water broke, developed eclampsia, and then had an emergency cesarean. So yes, symptoms can begin early but her symptoms could be a fluke for her. And I hope they are just a fluke!

Potassium can be suggested when levels are low. My potassium is often low. Most supplements of potassium are only 99mg unless it's severe (and then it's usually only given via IV or in a single dose to get levels up so that it can then be better maintained--in my experience). The 99mg dosage is less than 5% of the daily value recommended, so if she's taking that, she's hardly going to have problems with her levels going too high. Some people just have issues with low potassium, and for me it's gotten worse as I've gotten older (nearly 40 now).
Shawn2011
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Shawn2011 »

This midwife seems to be all about psuedo science and crap she read on Facebook. Jess should forget about all the potions she's recommending, skip the chiropractor and just go to an actual doctor. Jess thinks she knows everything about pregnancy and nothing can go wrong, but she's probably high risk and should be super careful.
pllfan5
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by pllfan5 »

Personal: My mom had pre-eclampsia when she was pregnant with me and she nearly died. They needed to do an emergency c-section 2 months before I was due, and she was unconscious for days and didn't get to see me until I was 10 days old. I really hope Jess is careful if she does have it. She may not get to have another home birth with this baby and I'm sure she will be devastated
#FreeFinleyandJackson
HCB
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by HCB »

I highly doubt this midwife checked Jess's potassium levels in her blood though and knew her levels were low. This woman sounds like an idiot. Jess would have said her levels were low. She goes into details and likes to make it all seem so bad and rough for her. Pregnancy is hard on the kidneys and if she is swelling, they're working hard already. The kidney needs to filter electrolytes. She should not be taking extra electrolytes without a blood test! This just annoys me so much because I had two pregnancies with one transplanted kidney and my sister had one with just her one native kidney (she gave me the other). I know what kidney function during pregnancy looks like.

Gaining weight on purpose? Stupid! Not testing urine? What kind of idiot is this???

I can't watch her updates anymore if it's just going to be stupid medical advice from this moron of a midwife. Get a clue, Jess!
webby
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by webby »

according to Snapchat Landen was up until 11pm. no wonder why he was still sleeping at a quarter to 10 this morning

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Return to “JesssFam”