• Advertisement

Email Changes Requested

Email Changes Requested

Postby bipolarmorgan » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:30 pm

If you've recently been asked to change your email address, it's because we are having issues sending to you. Please do not just change it to another BAD email address. You must be able to receive email from our system. If you cannot, please reach out ASAP and work with us to resolve it for you. More often than not, you just need to use another email system.

Thank you. Comments Encouraged.
bipolarmorgan
Technical Admin

Advertisement

Re: Email Changes Requested

Postby WhatSheSaid » Thu May 19, 2016 12:40 am

Okay Bipolarmorgan,
I read this notice back when it came out last month. Before reading this notice I got "cut off" from email notifications. On an alternative board I asked a poster what I could fo to remedy the situation.
I never heard back from her or have been back to that board, but suddenly my email notifications were reinstated as if by magic. I was of the opinion that maybe someone, like a mod or poster, reported the problem and it was remedied. When I read this notice and was getting my topic notifications, thank you notices, and PM alerts, I was of the opinion that my gmail email was not an issue as it worked before and since this notice. So, what are you implying by sending me this alert via PM? I contacted Kryptonite after receiving nothing in my email for a period of time in excess of 24 hours. As I advised her, late notifications are a fairly regular occurence and isn't much of an issue for me, nor are the odd thread that I hear nothing from for a while. But I do take issue when I hear nothing at all for over 24 hours. The last time it happened I unsubscribed and resubscribed to each thread to no avail. Kryptonite advised me that she would alert you to the situatiom and apparently she has. So, yes, I read the notice weeks ago and for the reasons stated above, I am guessing that my email address is mot the problem. Now what? Perhaps you have a record of technical "fixes" that can be reviewed and perhaps it can reveal how the problem was corrected before? I have no idea how to remedy the problem and I was rather hoping you could help me. If you would like me to get a second gmail address, I suppose I could. But what am I to do should the problem present itself once again? Am I to keep getting new email addresses because that seems like a whole lot of effort. Also, would it be possible to change my user name from Whatshesaid_2015 to just plain Whatshesaid? I ask because occasionally I am asked to log in up to 5-10 times in a day for unknown reasons. It would be less troublesome if I were allowed to shorten my user name. Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter. I am looking forward to any remedy you have in mind or would like to try. I don't know if it matters ir not, but I do not have tapatalk. I reach ytmd through my browser. Thanks again, Whatshesaid_2015
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper

Re: Email issues with SBCGLOBAL.NET

Postby bipolarmorgan » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:54 pm

NEW UPDATE!!!!!! We are currently noticing failed emails to the SBCGLOBAL domain ... if you attempt to register or get our notification emails from an @sbcglobal.net domain you need to change your email address.

Many reasons could have caused our email server to be blocked, including sending our notification emails to your spam folder because you didn't (or were too lazy) to prevent them from sending, via the website's User Control Panel - which is where you can change your email and other settings, including getting emails from us.

IF... you put us in a spam folder, this causes many issues and affects your account as well. Please do not do this!

IF... that isn't the case and it was another reason, apologies for the issue with your email server... you can also contact your domain administrator for the SBCGLOBAL email address (which might be served by AT&T) ... and ask them to unblock our domain. Thanks.

Again, we are working on getting this problem resolved, but this is not a fast process and sometimes takes a very long time to get results from the stupid company that decided to block our email domain. The only emails we send out, you've signed up for - generally used for activation/registration and notification emails only... we RARELY send anything else out...

WE DO NOT USE YOUR EMAIL FOR MARKETING PURPOSES OR SELL IT TO A THIRD PARTY OR ALLOW YOUR INFORMATION TO BE COMPROMISED.
bipolarmorgan
Technical Admin

Re: Email Changes Requested

Postby bipolarmorgan » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:01 pm

Apparently, we send so many emails, your server defers them or something? I do notice you get an email, then a few don't go through, then 1 does, then some don't.... This is the error message (below), AND I will look further into this for you.

SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data: 421-4.7.0 [#.#.#.# 15] Our system has detected an unusual rate of\n421-4.7.0 unsolicited mail originating from your IP address. To protect our\n421-4.7.0 users from spam, mai
PrintClose

WhatSheSaid wrote:Okay Bipolarmorgan,
I read this notice back when it came out last month. Before reading this notice I got "cut off" from email notifications. On an alternative board I asked a poster what I could fo to remedy the situation.
I never heard back from her or have been back to that board, but suddenly my email notifications were reinstated as if by magic. I was of the opinion that maybe someone, like a mod or poster, reported the problem and it was remedied. When I read this notice and was getting my topic notifications, thank you notices, and PM alerts, I was of the opinion that my gmail email was not an issue as it worked before and since this notice. So, what are you implying by sending me this alert via PM? I contacted Kryptonite after receiving nothing in my email for a period of time in excess of 24 hours. As I advised her, late notifications are a fairly regular occurence and isn't much of an issue for me, nor are the odd thread that I hear nothing from for a while. But I do take issue when I hear nothing at all for over 24 hours. The last time it happened I unsubscribed and resubscribed to each thread to no avail. Kryptonite advised me that she would alert you to the situatiom and apparently she has. So, yes, I read the notice weeks ago and for the reasons stated above, I am guessing that my email address is mot the problem. Now what? Perhaps you have a record of technical "fixes" that can be reviewed and perhaps it can reveal how the problem was corrected before? I have no idea how to remedy the problem and I was rather hoping you could help me. If you would like me to get a second gmail address, I suppose I could. But what am I to do should the problem present itself once again? Am I to keep getting new email addresses because that seems like a whole lot of effort. Also, would it be possible to change my user name from Whatshesaid_2015 to just plain Whatshesaid? I ask because occasionally I am asked to log in up to 5-10 times in a day for unknown reasons. It would be less troublesome if I were allowed to shorten my user name. Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter. I am looking forward to any remedy you have in mind or would like to try. I don't know if it matters ir not, but I do not have tapatalk. I reach ytmd through my browser. Thanks again, Whatshesaid_2015
bipolarmorgan
Technical Admin

Return to TheCurrentFamily