Bonnie and Joel: Don't Call Me Bud - Part 5

Deadhead_kay
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Don't Call Me Bud - Part 5

Unread post by Deadhead_kay »

I haven't watched a Bonnie vlog in ages. But when speculation of Joel quitting came up here I started checking the threads more recently. I can't wait till there is undeniable proof that he quit, just so everyone who once said Joel would never cause he's/they're better than XYZ can eat their words lmao. It does suck though that this basically proves that YouTube takes over their lives. Even if he does happen to quit, they are some of the more honest you tubers, as far as we know, and I wouldn't want the YouTube curse to change them.
Just the opinion of an internet stranger. Don't take anything personally, for your own sake as well as mine.
Denlillehavfrue
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Denlillehavfrue »

Can I just say I loved that Olivia said because she loves babies she wants to be a nurse. No mention of wanting to be a mom. Obviously there's nothing wrong with wanting to be a mom but her aunt Ruby has such a weird obsession about becoming parents it's refreshing to see different response.
ladymama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ladymama »

Denlillehavfrue wrote:Can I just say I loved that Olivia said because she loves babies she wants to be a nurse. No mention of wanting to be a mom. Obviously there's nothing wrong with wanting to be a mom but her aunt Ruby has such a weird obsession about becoming parents it's refreshing to see different response.
On the flip side of that, I loved that Cody said he wanted to be a dad. And I wish Bonnie had left it at that instead of pushing for a "job". Being a dad is a job. My daughter right now changes what she wants to be daily. Some days she wants to be a stay at home mom, and some days she wants to be a pilot, a doctor, a bus driver, or a crossing guard. Or all of the above.
ladymama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Denlillehavfrue wrote:Can I just say I loved that Olivia said because she loves babies she wants to be a nurse. No mention of wanting to be a mom. Obviously there's nothing wrong with wanting to be a mom but her aunt Ruby has such a weird obsession about becoming parents it's refreshing to see different response.
On the flip side of that, I loved that Cody said he wanted to be a dad. And I wish Bonnie had left it at that instead of pushing for a "job". Being a dad is a job. My daughter right now changes what she wants to be daily. Some days she wants to be a stay at home mom, and some days she wants to be a pilot, a doctor, a bus driver, or a crossing guard. Or all of the above.
Denlillehavfrue
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Denlillehavfrue »

ladymama wrote:
Agreed. I thought his answer was so cute. But I guess you can never take the traditional out of that family.

Also the boston face at the end. That child is just too much personality with his faces
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Bonnie and Joel: Don't Call Me Bud - Part 5

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I'm not Mormon, but if my sons said they wanted to be dads, I would encourage them to ALSO be something else. You can't be a dad on your own, and I want them to have goals they can strive for outside of high school. Plus I want them to live and learn awhile before having children too. Wanting to just be a parent makes you an Ellie, Missy or even Bryan. No one wants that for their children.

I believe you should have a career or a passion in life outside of family. Being a mom is not a career, and neither is being a dad. It's hard work for sure, but you need other things in your life to be fulfilled.

Isn't this why we are always saying YTers lose focus and energy when they quit their jobs?
marjg
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by marjg »

Am I the only one who thinks that Olivia is lowkey annoying?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Greys Encyclopedia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Greys Encyclopedia »

marjg wrote:Am I the only one who thinks that Olivia is lowkey annoying? Image

I agree she is but it's definitely from her age and being the oldest and having more responsibilities imo, especially since Linc came along. I was the same way at her age. Super bossy towards my brother and I'm sure I was a brat most of the time, oopsImage

ETA she's a sweet girl though. Huge personality, all of them
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

marjg wrote:Am I the only one who thinks that Olivia is lowkey annoying? Image

Meh. I think it's the age. My daughter was annoying and sassy at that age, and so was my niece (she was insufferable!) I think if they have any sass at all, when they reach that age, it's multiplied. And then they hit puberty and it's all changed.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

It's definitely the age, I have 3 nieces around that age and they're all so annoying. Cute and sweet little girls, but so annoying lol.

ladymama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

I remember being her age, and it's 100% the age. She acts like a tiny adult, and when it comes from a child it's annoying. Kids play it up too strong and try to act more grown up than they are.

As for needing a career, I respectfully disagree. My dream was always to be a mom. Nothing but a mom. Before I had children, I was a nanny. Now I'm a SAHM and when my kids are all in school I will become a foster parent. My career is motherhood. And I respect that others have the same dream :) I don't believe in forcing someone into doing something they don't truly want to do. So if my daughter wants to be "just" a mom, all the power to her!

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk
iheartyt
Talker
Talker

Unread post by iheartyt »

I disagree too. I enjoy being a stay at home mom. I get plenty of fulfillment out of it. When the kids are older, I can pursue other things if I want. You don't have to have your whole life planned out. People change. Dreams change. But I'm not wasting my life by not having a career.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I was 100% not saying you're wasting your life by not having a career. It's a fact of life that you need income to be able to take care of yourself. You can dream of having children, but that isn't going to pay the bills. I don't think there's anything wrong with encouraging children to also plan for a career. Do they need to do it? No, they can stay home when the time comes! They will still have the means to help support the family should the need arise. Ellie, Missy, Ruby.... look at them. They NEED their husbands. If one of them died, they would all be desperate for their parents for help.

This isn't a SAH vs working mom thing ffs. My comment was that it isn't necessarily "tradition" to encourage your child to plan for a career. You can't have kids without money, and you can't plan on being a stay at home parent when you haven't met your spouse yet. Sorry, I feel like that's immature. It's a dream... not a plan.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

I agree with HS, being a parent is a wonderful and fufilling thing but I don't think it should be a kid's only goal in life. It's important to get an education, acquire skills, maybe even travel. Mormon women seem to go to college to find a working dick with a steady paycheck and there is so much more to life than that.

More power to any man or woman who stays home and takes care of their kids, but bettering yourself with education and life experience will only provide an even better life for them. Kids can be a wonderful addition to your lifestyle, but if your entire existence revolves around them it's a little unhealthy.
sunflower928
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sunflower928 »

What's wrong with encouraging your child to dream? Yeah, I get what you're saying, you have to have money to pay for things and being a mom or dad doesn't pay the bills. But, why tell a 4 year old that? What if he said he wanted to be an astronaut or professional baseball player? You wouldn't tell your son that those dreams aren't good enough. Yes, as a child gets older they need to learn what it takes to buy groceries, but why not let them dream?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

I am a SAHM so I am obviously "for it" and think there is nothing wrong with it, certainly not wasting your life or "just a mom" etc... BUT the problem with youtubers or marrying super young is you have no life experience. These young girls are getting pregnant thinking "oh I will just make youtube videos" they have no concept of the real world. This doesnt apply to Bonnie because I believe she worked prior to being a mom and she has a good head on her shoulders but look at Britneyandbaby, she thinks making a grocery list filled with cheeze-its and gogurts is stressful and hard work. Part of working is not just taking home a paycheck but also building groundwork for you as an adult. You learn the value of a dollar, you learn to budget etc... It is easy to spend your parents money when you have no concept of working but when you are earning your own money it is totally different. Not being able to go out with your friends, working/dealing with unfriendly people etc...
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

sunflower928 wrote:What's wrong with encouraging your child to dream? Yeah, I get what you're saying, you have to have money to pay for things and being a mom or dad doesn't pay the bills. But, why tell a 4 year old that? What if he said he wanted to be an astronaut or professional baseball player? You wouldn't tell your son that those dreams aren't good enough. Yes, as a child gets older they need to learn what it takes to buy groceries, but why not let them dream?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
There's absolutely nothing wrong with dreaming! My oldest wants to move to Australia and become a marine biologist. Will he do it? Likely not. We encourage his interest though, and have for some time now. There has to be a balance though, and I don't think kids can live only in that fantasy world. They need to learn you need a paying job to live too. Money comes before kids, or at least it should.

I hope Bonnie wants more for any of her children than just graduating high school and starting to have kids right away. We always say Olivia should be encouraged to do more, and so should Cody.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Just to clarify, I think that getting married, having kids, and deciding to stay home with them is a wonderful thing. I'd love to have the means to do that one day, I think it's ideal. I think what we're saying is that when you raise children who only want to be parents with no other ambitions (as most Mormon and fundie christians do) you're doing them a huge disservice in life. Let them dream about making art or saving lives, but don't let them believe that popping out babies is the only thing they're made for. If that's what they choose to do with their life then great, but it shouldn't be all that they aspire to.

Having children seems to be a requirement for these families, not a choice. That is not okay.

Sent from my SM-S765C using Tapatalk
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016063 ... b8ecb2.jpg[/img]

Handsome men! Image

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

RootBeerFloatie wrote:Just to clarify, I think that getting married, having kids, and deciding to stay home with them is a wonderful thing. I'd love to have the means to do that one day, I think it's ideal. I think what we're saying is that when you raise children who only want to be parents with no other ambitions (as most Mormon and fundie christians do) you're doing them a huge disservice in life. Let them dream about making art or saving lives, but don't let them believe that popping out babies is the only thing they're made for. If that's what they choose to do with their life then great, but it shouldn't be all that they aspire to.

Having children seems to be a requirement for these families, not a choice. That is not okay.

Sent from my SM-S765C using Tapatalk
Yes. That's EXACTLY what I was trying to say!

Be a Katie and have your SAHM dream, but get a good education (work, travel, etc) in the meantime. Don't be a Bryan or Ellie and live in a dream world. (Ellie wanted the new house and kids LONG before they had the money to realistically expect it. But it was the PLAN nonetheless).

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”