True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: JessFam: The Skube Bunch - Part 72

Unread post by missparzival »

slurpee wrote:
Mallabow wrote:
slurpee wrote: We are one of the most ethnically diverse countries. How can we be one of the most racist? It isn't a privileged thing to say that makes no sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
you cannot be this dense
Where are you getting your racist 'facts' from? Because I can show you facts of us being one of the most multi cultural countries. You can't be both. Your sounding pretty damn racist to me....

You can be a multi-cultural and diverse country and still have a lot of racism. Go ask an aboriginal or south asian immigrant[/quote]

I grew up in a mostly indigenous town, never did I witness any racism. You obviously have never actually been here. Not going to keep bothering because your speaking without knowledge of our country.

Back on topic, I seriously hope Jess has more than just herself watching that many kids swimming.

webbygurl626
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by webbygurl626 »

And I thought this was about Jess, must be in the wrong forum!!

mommaof2cuties
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by mommaof2cuties »

MamaJoAnna wrote:So...does Jess dye Lilia's hair?
She totally does didn't you see lilia hiding in the back of the latest vlog with a highlighting cap on?
loulouinnz
Talker
Talker

Unread post by loulouinnz »

I've met people in their twenties with the (legal) names of Clamila, Clamidia (can't remember the spelling) and gonorrehea. All three from immigrant families who (I presume) didn't know the meaning and thought they sounded pretty.

There was a nine year old in NZ called 'Tallulah does the Hula from Hawaii' and custody was taken from her parents so that the courts could change her name.

Number 16 Bus Shelter, Violence and Benson and Hedges(twins) are also names that have been registered but thankfully NZ has naming laws so nothing too crazy can go through.

As for racism.. I've lived in NZ, Australia, Japan and the US. In order of most to least racist i would say (from my experiences) it would be Japan, Australia/US, NZ.

The casual racism that i saw in Australia was shocking. People saying the nastiest things without skipping a beat and if they're called out on it they're not even embarrassed and treat it as just a joke. Unfortunately multiculturalism does not equal lack of racism.
Febe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Febe »

WheresMyCoffee wrote:
Febe wrote:Alright, so this may not be real but I had heard the name as La-a and I went to Facebook and typed that in and picked a random last name (which happened to be jones because I was drinking a jones soda) and there are some Facebook profiles with that name.

I'm not saying that they are real names because you can put anything but it seems pretty plausible.

Eta: I changed the last name to smith as that's a very common last name and same. This myth is true

(I'm a myth busters junkie)

Well that is some hard hitting evidence right there. I mean, if it is on facebook it must be true, right???
Oh my god. Get over yourself. It's all in good fun.
hellomydolly
Informer
Informer

Unread post by hellomydolly »

Now Jess has revealed the name and is not going to reveal the gender, what are the next 20 weeks worth of videos even going to be on?
mydietsucks_1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by mydietsucks_1 »

Unusual made up names... I have a made up name: Javiah. Pronounced like Xavier but with a J. Its a stupid name and I dont love it but I have only ever had compliments. If people dont like your name, you arn't going to be bullied over it. Thats a generalization but coming from someone with a made up name, i've never experienced anything problematic.

As for Australia not being racist, I live in a small town 3 hours west from Sydney and saw a tree spray painted with 'I hate Muslims'. Along with that its so casual for people to say ''Sydney is full of people who weren't even born here', or 'spot the Aussie in Sydney'

Saying there is no racism in Australia is ignorant.
ArielLipstick
Informer
Informer

Unread post by ArielLipstick »

I'm just sitting here laughing because I live in the literal most diverse city in the world (Toronto) and yet we still have police brutality and I still grew up being called racial slurs..... someone should have told me that multicultural = post-racism.
hellomydolly
Informer
Informer

Unread post by hellomydolly »

Now Jess has revealed the name and is not going to reveal the gender, what are the next 20 weeks worth of videos even going to be on?
CanYouJustNot
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CanYouJustNot »

hellomydolly wrote:Now Jess has revealed the name and is not going to reveal the gender, what are the next 20 weeks worth of videos even going to be on?
Probably just her symptoms. She's always hungry, she's tired, blah, blah, blah. Maybe we'll get to see the baby's nursery (a corner of her bedroom, like Landen's perhaps?).
violet-kelsey black
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by violet-kelsey black »

Did she ever say how long she's going to be living at the house? When this baby is around 2 where are they going to sleep?

julietpreston
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by julietpreston »

violet-kelsey black wrote:Did she ever say how long she's going to be living at the house? When this baby is around 2 where are they going to sleep?

She said if it's a girl she will sleep with Lilia. If it's another boy he will probably sleep where he lands, like Landen does.
fortwendy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by fortwendy »

violet-kelsey black wrote:Did she ever say how long she's going to be living at the house? When this baby is around 2 where are they going to sleep?

Careful... we don't need 10 pages about where everyone would put the kids' beds again.
ArielLipstick
Informer
Informer

Unread post by ArielLipstick »

hellomydolly wrote:Now Jess has revealed the name and is not going to reveal the gender, what are the next 20 weeks worth of videos even going to be on?
I hope she actually does a few good videos, especially since she's most interesting when she's pregnant. Nursery tour, baby hauls, homebirth plannings.... she loves to buy things. All of her pregnancies with the boys had drama with Drake, so maybe something will happen to Chris. Drama = videos.
NewEnglandGirl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by NewEnglandGirl »

julietpreston wrote:

She said if it's a girl she will sleep with Lilia. If it's another boy he will probably sleep where he lands, like Landen does.

That's why she named him Landen, he sleeps where he lands
Iammrsnesbitt
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Iammrsnesbitt »

NewEnglandGirl wrote:
julietpreston wrote:

That's why she named him Landen, he sleeps where he lands
Hahahaha that's great
gemmie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by gemmie »

Ladies and gentlemen, one of Jess' "fans"...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
julietpreston
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by julietpreston »

gemmie wrote:Ladies and gentlemen, one of Jess' "fans"...
She literally comments that on ALL of her Instagram posts and got angry once when Jess didn't reply.
CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by CypKitty »

loulouinnz wrote: The casual racism that i saw in Australia was shocking. People saying the nastiest things without skipping a beat and if they're called out on it they're not even embarrassed and treat it as just a joke. Unfortunately multiculturalism does not equal lack of racism.
Because us Aussies are very laid back. It's not that we are racist or mean to be racist. To others it comes across like that as other countries are more uptight.
blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by blackroses »

julietpreston wrote:
gemmie wrote:Ladies and gentlemen, one of Jess' "fans"...
She literally comments that on ALL of her Instagram posts and got angry once when Jess didn't reply.

Some people will go through any length damn.

Return to “JesssFam”