Bonnie and Joel: Don't Call Me Bud - Part 5

actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Don't Call Me Bud - Part 5

Unread post by actuallydear »

winniewise wrote:Can someone explain to me what was up with the paint? The new kind they got was too white, but the swatches matched the paint they already had? I don't understand.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
The colour was completely fine, but they suspect something in the new paint is making it oxidise differently.
DCarmen26
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by DCarmen26 »

winniewise wrote:Can someone explain to me what was up with the paint? The new kind they got was too white, but the swatches matched the paint they already had? I don't understand.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
From what I understood, the paint oxidizes too quickly? So what they painted less than a year ago has already gone from white to yellow, meaning that what they paint now (which will be the original white) won't match it. And what they paint now will also start to yellow quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I don't like when Bonnie vlogs around E&J. I understand the kids always trying to interrupt when Bonnie is vlogging, but Ellie is a grown woman who should know better. Everytime Bonnie starts taking, Ellie is carrying on in the background (like today about the chairs) like a little child. It's too LOOK AT ME. All the time, and if I wanted to watch Ellie, she has her own vlog.
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

The house is really coming together, the saggy pull-ups cracked me up for some reason!
vegan_ninja
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by vegan_ninja »

HelloSweetie wrote:I don't like when Bonnie vlogs around E&J. I understand the kids always trying to interrupt when Bonnie is vlogging, but Ellie is a grown woman who should know better. Everytime Bonnie starts taking, Ellie is carrying on in the background (like today about the chairs) like a little child. It's too LOOK AT ME. All the time, and if I wanted to watch Ellie, she has her own vlog.
Agree!! I haven't watched E&J for quite awhile, because I can't stand them enough to even hate watch. Ellie is so obnoxious, she ruins every "scene" she's in.
chipmunks
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chipmunks »

i just have to say, bonnie has a great natural skill with editing. the kid q&a video is a good example of it - it almost looks professionally cut. that she's self-taught and directed (although im sure she's learned some from Jared) makes her even better.

marjg
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by marjg »

I would neeever defend DB but you know Boston is also 3 and not potty trained? And we give BM a hard time about Odin

alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

The only thing that bugs me about Boston not being potty trained is the fact that he's shown interest and while they did attempt somewhat to potty train - Bonnie stated that she just simply didn't want to. I wish they would have encouraged it more while Boston was clearly interested. Hopefully his interest peaks again :) but I've seen plenty of kids that aren't potty trained at his age.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

alym0326 wrote:The only thing that bugs me about Boston not being potty trained is the fact that he's shown interest and while they did attempt somewhat to potty train - Bonnie stated that she just simply didn't want to. I wish they would have encouraged it more while Boston was clearly interested. Hopefully his interest peaks again :) but I've seen plenty of kids that aren't potty trained at his age.

I agree, although at least Bonnie is aware of her own laziness and acknowledges it. Missy and Bryan are in denial there!

I agree that it isn't uncommon for kids to be still potty training at 3. I'm not sure why everyone expects them to be done when they are two now. They get it when they get it. Sometimes if you start too early, then it's just frustrating and takes longer.

That said, I don't think Bonnie gets the same criticism B&M do about it because most of the people that complain aren't on this board. I participate on both but have never argued Ollie should have trained by now. I can't really think of who has criticized DB, but made an exception for Bonnie about potty training.
marjg
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by marjg »

I also agree that we go easy on Bonnie because she's real and she admits that it's her fault. Unlike princess she's perfect in her own eyes.

PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

Ugh imagine potty training in that reno zone lol. I definitely think he could have already been trained. Bonnie knows it's her own fault he's not already. I'm sooooo ready for my 2 yr old to be out of diapers. I wish I could transfer Boston and Oden's interest into my son! Lol

Mammabear
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Mammabear »

It would do Bonnie's channel good NEVER to have Ellie in their vlogs.

I notice that Jared didn't feature any of Bonnie and her kids at the fireworks, just a couple of background shots.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Ellie yelling in that truck made me grind my teeth. And I usually adore Boston, but that "Get me that for my birthday" in that whiny tone for every car they walked past, without the word please once passing his lips, had me pressing mute.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

Mammabear wrote:It would do Bonnie's channel good NEVER to have Ellie in their vlogs.

I notice that Jared didn't feature any of Bonnie and her kids at the fireworks, just a couple of background shots.
Bonnie would be wise not to include Ellie or Jared in her vlogs. Last week I saw Jared not 30 seconds into her vlog and I couldn't stand to watch. He is so obnoxious it's pitiful. I feel for his mother, I really do.
skeletween
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by skeletween »

WhatSheSaid wrote:
Mammabear wrote:It would do Bonnie's channel good NEVER to have Ellie in their vlogs.

Bonnie would be wise not to include Ellie or Jared in her vlogs. Last week I saw Jared not 30 seconds into her vlog and I couldn't stand to watch. He is so obnoxious it's pitiful. I feel for his mother, I really do.
No matter what you all think of them, they're still her sister and brother in law. That's never gonna happen.

alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

One thing I dislike about the griffith girls is that they all put their family ahead of their spouses in regards to how much they do with them. I have no doubt that Bonnie loves Joel's family, but I guarantee if that big event was a griffiths get together, Bonnie would have been there.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

alym0326 wrote:One thing I dislike about the griffith girls is that they all put their family ahead of their spouses in regards to how much they do with them. I have no doubt that Bonnie loves Joel's family, but I guarantee if that big event was a griffiths get together, Bonnie would have been there.

When you have a baby that will only sleep in their room, it's hard. At least at the Griffiths there is a quiet basement. There were way too many people at this event for there to be any quiet places.

Personal story.... just the other day my husband wanted me to go with him to a big party with his friends. He wanted me to bring our LO. I spent the whole time trying to keep the toddler happy, and wasn't able to socialize at all. I really should have just stayed home or got a sitter. I feel like it makes you look bad to stay at home, but sometimes it makes you look worse to be there but off in a corner struggling with your kid.

Bonnie usually goes to Joel's parents house and things, so I give her a pass on this. Plus we've seen Joel stay home from Griffiths events, so at least it's a two way street.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I get that (I had a _horrible_ family reunion experience with my kids when they were toddlers), but it looked like it was a special party for Joel's grandmother. I just agree that the Griffiths come first with their girls and that if had been Bonnie's family, she would have found a way to make it work. Doesn't make her a bad person.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

lmmomSD wrote:I get that (I had a _horrible_ family reunion experience with my kids when they were toddlers), but it looked like it was a special party for Joel's grandmother. I just agree that the Griffiths come first with their girls and that if had been Bonnie's family, she would have found a way to make it work. Doesn't make her a bad person.

Fair enough, I just can't think of a comparable Griffiths event size wise that we've seen Bonnie bring Linc too. Could she have gone since it was important to Joel? Sure! Would he have spent the whole time worrying about her and a fussy Lic. Probably. We just don't know the decision process that went into it yet. I just don't think one missed event is a pattern just because her sister does the same thing.

It could also be that Griffiths events are more drama to miss IFYKWIM.
socksknockedoff
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by socksknockedoff »

lmmomSD wrote:I get that (I had a _horrible_ family reunion experience with my kids when they were toddlers), but it looked like it was a special party for Joel's grandmother. I just agree that the Griffiths come first with their girls and that if had been Bonnie's family, she would have found a way to make it work. Doesn't make her a bad person.

I never post in here but I want to say I think you are on to something I have notice for a while. I do not get the feeling Bonnie is very close to Joel's family or vice versa. I was rather shocked today that she stayed home with Lincoln. She could have joined them later for the fireworks after his nap.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”