8 Passengers | Part One

actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: 8 Passengers: Part One

Unread post by actuallydear »

Do they not have running water at their home?

Probably why Kevin seems to uninterested... Ruby is haggard, mean and doesn't believe in personal hygiene. Just imagine THE smell. Ew.
Deadhead_kay
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Deadhead_kay »

I actually approve that the kids feel comfortable enough with their parents to discuss those intimate details of relationships and such with them. It means that no matter what we see of ruby and Kevin, they at least have created a safe enough environment, at least with the eldest lol. I've never been one to share anything with my mother, but I know my two older siblings do and although she rarely wants to know she is grateful that they trust her.
Just the opinion of an internet stranger. Don't take anything personally, for your own sake as well as mine.
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

Deadhead_kay wrote:I actually approve that the kids feel comfortable enough with their parents to discuss those intimate details of relationships and such with them. It means that no matter what we see of ruby and Kevin, they at least have created a safe enough environment, at least with the eldest lol. I've never been one to share anything with my mother, but I know my two older siblings do and although she rarely wants to know she is grateful that they trust her.
I agree with what you are saying.
But your mother is not sharing that private and sensible information on the internet where friends could see.
That's the important difference. She had the option to edit it out, instead she put it in the vlog, made it the thumbnail and the title.
Deadhead_kay
Gossiper
Gossiper

Vincere wrote:
Deadhead_kay wrote:I actually approve that the kids feel comfortable enough with their parents to discuss those intimate details of relationships and such with them. It means that no matter what we see of ruby and Kevin, they at least have created a safe enough environment, at least with the eldest lol. I've never been one to share anything with my mother, but I know my two older siblings do and although she rarely wants to know she is grateful that they trust her.
I agree with what you are saying.
But your mother is not sharing that private and sensible information on the internet where friends could see.
That's the important difference. She had the option to edit it out, instead she put it in the vlog, made it the thumbnail and the title.
Oh definitely I agree. I mean I do come from an over sharing family that tells everything to everyone they ever meet lol. But that will never compare to the lack of privacy YouTube kids have.
Just the opinion of an internet stranger. Don't take anything personally, for your own sake as well as mine.
chipmunks
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chipmunks »

saltliferocks wrote:I'm sorry, but 4 days without bathing for anyone is disgusting..
Unless you are camping & without a proper shower.
i agree. i don't have kids nor do i remember what i did as a kid... but is it normal for kids that age to go a few days without a bath, especially in the summer when they're sweating outside? i understand skipping one day but four??
LydiaE
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LydiaE »

chipmunks wrote:
saltliferocks wrote:I'm sorry, but 4 days without bathing for anyone is disgusting..
Unless you are camping & without a proper shower.
i agree. i don't have kids nor do i remember what i did as a kid... but is it normal for kids that age to go a few days without a bath, especially in the summer when they're sweating outside? i understand skipping one day but four??
No! Four days isn't normal. At the very least, most parents instill a bedtime routine, most likely involving a bath, for little kids in order to calm them and transition them into sleepy time. The only exception would be for a child with a serious skin condition.

I sure hope it's not a situation where Ruby is so damn cheap that she only lets kids bathe on alternating days or something like that.
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

kiwimumof-5 wrote:
staceybrax wrote:So Julie gets a bed she has to share with her sister and a bedspread she has to share with her sister (and shari and Eve got the same even though it wasn't their birthdays) and a few little things and Russell gets special attention and toys for his birthday?

She is so obvious about who her favourite kids are. Makes me so sad for Julie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was it Abby or Julie who got socks one birthday? I'm sure one of them did
It was Julie. What was really sad was how thankful both Julie and Abby were to be getting that package of socks. Shocking.
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

WhatSheSaid wrote:
kiwimumof-5 wrote:
staceybrax wrote:So Julie gets a bed she has to share with her sister and a bedspread she has to share with her sister (and shari and Eve got the same even though it wasn't their birthdays) and a few little things and Russell gets special attention and toys for his birthday?

It was Julie. What was really sad was how thankful both Julie and Abby were to be getting that package of socks. Shocking.
I remember reading a while ago something that kids as young as 3 (or a really young age) learn to lie about a present that they don't like and say they do...
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Vincere wrote:
WhatSheSaid wrote:[quote="kiwimumof-5"x"]So Julie gets a bed she has to share with her sister and a bedspread she has to share with her sister (and shari and Eve got the same even though it wasn't their birthdays) and a few little things and Russell gets special attention and toys for his birthday?

I remember reading a while ago something that kids as young as 3 (or a really young age) learn to lie about a present that they don't like and say they do...[/quote]

While that may be true, I could tell these girls seriously needed socks! Their parents are responsible for clothing them. I've never known a child to be grateful for socks on any occasion, including regular back to school shopping. Sometimes docks are purchased as part of an outfit, like frilly socks to go with a oarty dress. But plain old socks in a bag should be a gien in a child's life, not a "gift".
alexmorgan
Informer
Informer

Unread post by alexmorgan »

does anyone know what is up with their obsession with germany ? I was wondering because shari got that book and i heard her mention she wants to save up for a trip to germany in the bank account video.
Deadhead_kay
Gossiper
Gossiper

alexmorgan wrote:does anyone know what is up with their obsession with germany ? I was wondering because shari got that book and i heard her mention she wants to save up for a trip to germany in the bank account video.
alexmorgan wrote:does anyone know what is up with their obsession with germany ? I was wondering because shari got that book and i heard her mention she wants to save up for a trip to germany in the bank account video.
They want a new Hitler to rise up and condemn the gays and blacks to concentration camps

This is a joke covering up the fear of the almost reality of it in the real world.
alexmorgan
Informer
Informer

I live in Germany so i tried to think of Reasons they would want to come here but i couldnt really figure it out.
First i thought because of their religions but then i read that there are only 38.000 Mormons here (out of 85.50 Million Inhabitants).
If they think Germany is still the way it was back then they are some real idiots becasuse it reallys isnt!
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

alexmorgan wrote:I live in Germany so i tried to think of Reasons they would want to come here but i couldnt really figure it out.
First i thought because of their religions but then i read that there are only 38.000 Mormons here (out of 85.50 Million Inhabitants).
If they think Germany is still the way it was back then they are some real idiots becasuse it reallys isnt!
It is only Sheri's obsession with Germany.
She is really interested in WW2 and reads a lot on the subject.
At least they buy her the books she wants...
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

alexmorgan wrote:I live in Germany so i tried to think of Reasons they would want to come here but i couldnt really figure it out.
I don't know that she is obsessed, but she does have a keen interest in WWII as well as what seems to me to be a love for Germany. I've wondered about what drives her as well. My guess is that perhaps her father's side of the family has Germain roots. The family name is Franke, so perhaps there was a conversion to LDS and they were Jewish before? That's my guess. In any event, I'm pleased she is interested in WWII and Germany. My father and uncle both fought in the war and on the front lines. Being fluent in German, and French, they continued to go back to Europe to visit many civilian families they met and befriended while in Germany, Belgium, and France. So it seems reasonable that she is seeking her roots. I hope she is able to take German in high school so she can speek the language. I think she'd do well as an exchange student.

Surely there is enough Right Wing Fasciest nonsense going on right here in the United States if she was in any way motivated by that. She'd not even need to leave her computer according to the New York Times.
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

What does Kevin teach as a professor? I thought maybe he was a history professor and Shari had a shared interest. I think it's so awesome how much Shari loves WWII history and wants to visit Germany.

For Ruby being such a terrible mom some times, she really is raising some good quality children. Not counting Evil, but she is still a toddler, so who knows what she will be like in a few years.

Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

PostyMcPosterston wrote:What does Kevin teach as a professor? I thought maybe he was a history professor and Shari had a shared interest. I think it's so awesome how much Shari loves WWII history and wants to visit Germany.

For Ruby being such a terrible mom some times, she really is raising some good quality children. Not counting Evil, but she is still a toddler, so who knows what she will be like in a few years.

He is no a history teacher.
He studied civil and environmental engineering or something similar.
Google Kevin Franke BYU he has a page with more details about his academic creed.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
alexmorgan
Informer
Informer

Oh you Guys are right! I didnt know their last Name and Franke is indeed a common German Surname.
Beeing educated about History is great. Is WW2 a Topic in American Schools ?
Its a really important Topic in Schools here. I would find it interesting if thats why she would want to visit Germany though. Some things are still there (partially) but visiting them isnt "sightseeing".
Its actually really really hard.
twomommies
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by twomommies »

Not supposed to say their last name (:

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk
inappropriate
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by inappropriate »

WWII is covered pretty in depth in American public schools. (Can't speak for private, I'm sure they do but never been a part of one).
parryhotter
Informer
Informer

Unread post by parryhotter »

My day was made when Jennifer said, "Aw, SHIT!" in today's vlog and Ruby actually left it in! And she asked the kids if she should leave it in and they agreed she should. Wonder if Jennifer will be pissed about it! I wish there were more real moments like that left in!

Return to “8 Passengers”