Bonnie and Joel: Don't Call Me Bud - Part 5

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Don't Call Me Bud - Part 5

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

thenightowl wrote:
BabyGirlGellerGreen wrote:Did anyone else find it strange that Bonnie or Joel didn't walk down to theatre with Boston? Does one parent usually not go down with them until they get the anaesthesia?
I think as long as the kid isn't upset then there is no need to have the parent walk to the room, they probably gave him some anxiety meds beforehand and that is why he just kind of went along.

The kitchen is going to be beautiful, I am excited to see it all finished!
He had Versed. You can tell by the way he was acting, super silly.
mildlycurious
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by mildlycurious »

BabyGirlGellerGreen wrote:Did anyone else find it strange that Bonnie or Joel didn't walk down to theatre with Boston? Does one parent usually not go down with them until they get the anaesthesia?
No, when my daughter had her tonsils out we sat with her in a little waiting area until the anesthesiologist came & took her back. We stayed there until she was in recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I normally find Bonnie very likable and relatable, but showing her child's naked behind on YouTube was 100% the wrong decision. She should know better. It's disappointing, because I normally appreciate her musings and I have been loving watching their renovations.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I think they thought they were going to be able to bring him back there. Bonnie asked Joel of he wanted to carry him, but then the nurse's just took him.

Also, I love that Bonnie has such an emotional response when her child is sick. I feel like you don't see that from most other YTers. I can relate to those sleepless nights where you try everything (staring contests, storytime) to help them. That's the real stuff I feel is often missing from vlogs. That's why I enjoy Bonnie so much, her life is a lot like mine and just so relatable. I understand why vloggers don't vlog those long nights, but I miss how DB used to vlog at night when Ollie was a nb. You don't really see that now that Vlogging is treated like a normal day job.

The storytime thing was a good opportunity to see how well Boston can speak! He's such a little cutie. His face is just so swollen . But that's great he's been using the toilet. I bet it's because Bonnie's focus is 100% on Boston. My guess is that she's usually so busy that she forgets to remind him. By the time she remembers it's too late.
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016072 ... 7d7133.png[/img]

winniewise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by winniewise »

I love the way the white from the kitchen and the green on the walls go with the wood floors!
I am anxious to see how the fireplace turns out. I hope the grout is dark (is that even used on fireplaces? I have no idea). That would be too much white for me, but I still think it's beautiful.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Bethypooh51
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Bethypooh51 »

I am just thinking out loud here but I honestly think that something is going on. I don't know if it is between Bonnie and Joel, Joel not working or what but Joel just doesn't seem happy. He doesn't seem like his old self in the earlier vlogs and there is obviously something bothering Bonnie. I don't expect them to share about any of it but it reminds me a bit of the NiveNulls when he was caught in an emotional affair. You just knew something was off between them for a long time and then they decide to tell everyone what was happening. Not that I think Joel would ever do that but he just doesn't seem happy to be on camera these days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

I don't understand the obsession with white kitchens. Maybe I'm "old fashioned"

LydiaE
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LydiaE »

*maybe he really did take off time from work to do the renovations and it's becoming an 11th hour situation where he has to get it done quickly

*maybe the stress of having no kitchen, etc. is getting to them

* maybe Boston's health issues have created a financial burden that is stressful

* Joel married young, had kids young, had demanding job = mini mid-life crisis? I've known lots of guys who had similar issues at Joel's age.
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

They could also be fed up with being around each other 24/7. Believe me I know that feeling all too well and it sucks. It's nice to have space from your SO every now and then.

Sweet456
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Sweet456 »

zipadeedodah wrote:I don't understand the obsession with white kitchens. Maybe I'm "old fashioned" Image

Ditto, I can't get into them. However I'm excite for Bonnie to get her kitchen!
anxietyqueen
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by anxietyqueen »

I just don't think some of these scenarios for what could be wrong line up with how she has expressed she's feeling. Her desire to forgive and move on (as she mentioned in the instagram pic a couple pages back) have to go deeper than Joel's job, reno stress, youtube, etc. especially since it has been upsetting her for quite some time now.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Bonnie is different from other YTers because she has a life outside of YT. She's close with her neighbors, her kids go to school, they are involved in the church, etc. They only vlog every other day, so there's a lot we don't see. Some vloggers (lDB for sure!) are really easy to get a good read on because their lives are fairly predictable. There's a large part of Bonnie's world we don't know. The drama might not even be related to someone/something we know.
anxietyqueen
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by anxietyqueen »

HelloSweetie wrote:Bonnie is different from other YTers because she has a life outside of YT. She's close with her neighbors, her kids go to school, they are involved in the church, etc. They only vlog every other day, so there's a lot we don't see. Some vloggers (lDB for sure!) are really easy to get a good read on because their lives are fairly predictable. There's a large part of Bonnie's world we don't know. The drama might not even be related to someone/something we know.
You're exactly right.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

zipadeedodah wrote:They could also be fed up with being around each other 24/7. Believe me I know that feeling all too well and it sucks. It's nice to have space from your SO every now and then.

She's even said that she doesn't like having him around 24/7 and that was one reason I was hesitant to believe that he quit his job. I am still not really thinking he has, but that could be why Joel doesn't seem perky. Plus, a child having a health scare is hard on most anyone, and not having your own kitchen to use is a big pain.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

zipadeedodah wrote:I don't understand the obsession with white kitchens. Maybe I'm "old fashioned" Image

I was thinking that white for a kitchen would just mean she will always have to clean them as you could see all the spots...
However, I think it's the good decision as white will bring in more light and make the room look slightly bigger. Something darker, like a grey, will make the room look smaller and depressing.
Just my opinion.
izzythecat
Talker
Talker

Unread post by izzythecat »

I'm loving that Boston has been the star of the vlogs the past few days. He is just bursting with personality! I feel really bad that he has been in pain though :(

Sent from my 5017O using Tapatalk
Nini12
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nini12 »

LydiaE wrote:*maybe he really did take off time from work to do the renovations and it's becoming an 11th hour situation where he has to get it done quickly

* maybe Boston's health issues have created a financial burden that is stressful

* Joel married young, had kids young, had demanding job = mini mid-life crisis? I've known lots of guys who had similar issues at Joel's age.
I think it would be really weird if he was rethinking marrying and having kids young, they probably see it as something normal, I don't remember if Bonnie or Joel have ever lived outside Utah (aside from Joel's 2 year mission) so they haven't been too exposed to people who might question this things.

For me it's a mix of of things
a) If he did quit or took some time of his job, I can see him having this mentality that he's being useless and should work more.
b) Considering he was worried about "having another mouth to feed" on the pregnancy announcement last year*, it could be that he has been stressed about Boston's surgery and the medical bills.
c) He doesn't seem to be too into youtube, that's Bonnie's thing. It's like if you compare them to Cullen and Katie, it's Cullen the one who cares the most about being on social media and in charge of editing and uploading the vlogs, while Katie is ok with it and enjoys it, I wouldn't say it isn't her passion.

*I just went back and watched that vlog :love2: !:

^^^ Sorry if there are any mistakes guys, english is not my first language
chipmunks
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chipmunks »

LydiaE wrote:*maybe he really did take off time from work to do the renovations and it's becoming an 11th hour situation where he has to get it done quickly

this is a good theory re: joel. the past few vlogs he's been working on the house constantly. the delay in the cabinet install would have created this.

Bonnie's issue with forgiving someone is separate, i think.
just_me
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by just_me »

Nini12 wrote: Image
Boston's face. lol I can't stop watching it. He's like "wait... what's going on?".

What's the vlog title for that one?

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”