YTMD Pet Peeves

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

saltliferocks wrote:I do feel very strongly about protecting children. That wasn't my point. My point was that you don't get to censor one thread because you are a super fan, and then go into another thread a slam another youtuber for being creepy about essentially the same thing. (I'm not debating that Austin Null is in his own lane of disgust)
I usually agree with you, and you know that I was one of your biggest defenders when you were nearly voted off the board a few months ago. However, you don't get to have it both ways.
And, although I have lost a lot of respect for Bonnie, I actually like her.
I didn't report the post. From my understanding the mods want the pedo talk kept in the MO section as much as possible because it is a larger YT problem and they don't want the same discussion going on in multiple threads. I believe Kryptonite told the Austin talk to move on as well.

Not sure why you think I'm censoring things. Maybe talk to a mod of you have an issue?
saltliferocks
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by saltliferocks »

Ok. Let me 'splain this.. I've tried to be nice.. Let me be clear..
I said to stop being a hypocrite.
I don't need to get the mods involved. That is what the boxing ring is for.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

saltliferocks wrote:Ok. Let me 'splain this.. I've tried to be nice.. Let me be clear..
I said to stop being a hypocrite.
I don't need to get the mods involved. That is what the boxing ring is for.
Um. I'm a big girl and I don't need the mods to stick up for me. As you pointed out, I've boxed before.

I guess I just don't see what your issue with me over this one issue is? We aren't in opposition on our opinion about the nudity at all. I agree that YTers have no excuse for it. The whole picture is important to me, and I've seen nothing else from Bonnie to indicate that she's intentionally baiting predators. Hence I still watch/enjoy their family. I respect that you feel strongly about it and won't watch anymore. I think you've missed my point. I'm not making excuses for YTers showing nudity. Intent is just a factor in my opinion. Compare it to FB posts. I'll side-eye a friend of family member that posts nudity, but I won't necessarily unfriend them. Someone that makes a creepy habit of doing so, and to an escalating extent, that person I will unfriend (or keep a close eye on) and keep my kids away from. No amount of child exploitation is ok, safe (whatever), but I do think intent is an important factor that should be distinguished. Would I let my children go play at Bonnie's house based on what I saw? Yes. Would I let them go to Austin's house? Heck no!

Others may not feel that way, and that's fine. The discussion is still happening. The mods wanted it kept in one spot. Not me.

(I posted this here for non-MO section lurkers that might be thinking I'm somehow excusing exploiting children. We can carry the discussion on in the MO section or PM. Theres no need to end up with our own BR thread.
saltliferocks
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

My issue with you isn't over this issue. I don't know how to explain it any clearer.
Riddle me this: If the mods came to you and asked you to post on their behalf because it was a trigger for some members, WHY on earth would you go to the NN thread and make a comment about it? It doesn't make sense.
saltliferocks
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

** My issue is with hypocrisy.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

saltliferocks wrote:My issue with you isn't over this issue. I don't know how to explain it any clearer.
Riddle me this: If the mods came to you and asked you to post on their behalf because it was a trigger for some members, WHY on earth would you go to the NN thread and make a comment about it? It doesn't make sense.
Krypto never mentioned to me the trigger part. She only asked me to post the note because she couldn't get on.
I didn't ask for the content to be moved. Nive Null's board or Bonnie's. But you're absolutely right I commented on the NN board to show support to the OP that was concerned. I could have directed the thread to MO I guess, but that wouldn't have been at a mods direction. Plus honestly, it was one post on a non moving thread and I didn't even think about it that way.

It's still being discussed. Just in a spot where lurkers can't get involved and where it can be examined as a general YT issue.

It's not my decision. Talk to Kryptonite I guess.
saltliferocks
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

I throw my hands up!! You win, HS. You win!!
Lmao
Deadhead_kay
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Deadhead_kay »

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I don't think SaltLife's problem has anything to do with HS posting on the mods behalf for that one issue. But rather HS' insistence that Bonnie posting videos of the kids in the bath is excusable due to her ignorance and because the scene wasn't the thumbnail. I don't care if there is malice or perversion behind the footage being included, it being included is reason enough to judge and 'hate' imo.
Just the opinion of an internet stranger. Don't take anything personally, for your own sake as well as mine.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

YTMD Pet Peeves

Deadhead_kay wrote:Correct me if i'm wrong, but I don't think SaltLife's problem has anything to do with HS posting on the mods behalf for that one issue. But rather HS' insistence that Bonnie posting videos of the kids in the bath is excusable due to her ignorance and because the scene wasn't the thumbnail. I don't care if there is malice or perversion behind the footage being included, it being included is reason enough to judge and 'hate' imo.
Oh good, I'm glad you cleared that up Image

As I've said MANY times it comes down to intent for me. That's not Bonnie specific. I hate DB, but you've never seen me call them out for their diaper shots or the topless thumbnails where vids have more views. Why? I don't think it's intentionally to lure predators. Manslaughter vs 1st degree. Yes someone's still gets hurt, but one is judged harder than the other.

Austin I 100% feel is intentionally being creepy, yet where is all the outrage? No one wants to talk about that, instead everyone wants to talk about my having an opinion about it. I'm not the only hypocritical one then. So many people want to call out Bonnie, yet the MO section is crickets. Seems people only want to call certain vloggers out, but aren't interested in the larger issue.

Salt was annoyed I posted against Austin and not against Bonnie (though I did say she was stupid).... did Salt post about Austin when she was lurking? Did half of you who liked DKs post?

At least I am looking at it as a larger issue. Let's take it to the MO board guys. Join in. Mods don't want this triggering talk across all boards.
saltliferocks
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

So, here is my deal.. (BTW, as I said before, I don't watch NN.)
HS is a huge shit talker about anyone who dares to post against Bonnie, on PM, which I have always shrugged off. Many of us felt bad for HS when she was nearly votes off the board for almost the exact same issues in the Bonnie thread. I think as a result, we kind of let her slide with her Bonnie super fan issues. However, of late, it seems that HS's shit talk has crossed over into being snarky to anyone who does not worship Bonnie the way she does. That's not right. It's like the poor picked on girl in high school had suddenly become the mean girl.
I'm calling bullshit! I'm also calling bullshit on the hypocrisy of other vloggers being creeps, while Bonnie just doesn't know better. Bullshit, HS! You have gotten a little out of hand.
BTW, when did you call me stupid?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

YTMD Pet Peeves

saltliferocks wrote:So, here is my deal.. (BTW, as I said before, I don't watch NN.)
HS is a huge shit talker about anyone who dares to post against Bonnie, on PM, which I have always shrugged off. Many of us felt bad for HS when she was nearly votes off the board for almost the exact same issues in the Bonnie thread. I think as a result, we kind of let her slide with her Bonnie super fan issues. However, of late, it seems that HS's shit talk has crossed over into being snarky to anyone who does not worship Bonnie the way she does. That's not right. It's like the poor picked on girl in high school had suddenly become the mean girl.
I'm calling bullshit! I'm also calling bullshit on the hypocrisy of other vloggers being creeps, while Bonnie just doesn't know better. Bullshit, HS! You have gotten a little out of hand.
I didn't call you stupid. I actually tried to smooth things over with you by saying I respect your opinion and by not calling out your own hypocrisy. I called BONNIE STUPID for posting the naked footage. I never said it was ok. People said they were done with her and not watching anymore and I explained why there was I was giving the benefit of the doubt.

Salt, you can keep bringing up my history and dragging me through the mud, but you do have your own.

I still don't get why you can't just drop it and we can move on?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I PM'd you Salt before we end up with our own thread. Hopefully we can handle this there.
liz749
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by liz749 »

saltliferocks wrote:So, here is my deal.. (BTW, as I said before, I don't watch NN.)
I 100% agree with you! I would argue that she is snarky to anyone that doesn't agree with her that E&J are the absolute worst ever as well. Anytime someone posts something remotely positive about them, she is quick to tell you that you're wrong and remind you that they are horrible people. Say something slightly negative about Bonnie and she'll tell you you're wrong about that too and we should worship the ground she walks on! And she usually just backs up her statements with her own assumptions and opinions, nothing really factual. Not everyone here is a firm hater of E&J or lover of Bonnie. There can be a gradient and you can feel differently from topic to topic. Sometimes Ellie deserves praise and sometimes Bonnie needs criticism and those thoughts can vary from person to person! A heathy debate about topics is one thing but being told you're wrong because your OPINIONS don't align with others is just dumb lol. I'm irrationally bothered by this though and not looking to argue but I've wanted to say this for forever! I'll just go back to scrolling right on past her posts.
OnAPlaydate
Informer
Informer

Unread post by OnAPlaydate »

liz749 wrote:
I 100% agree with you! I would argue that she is snarky to anyone that doesn't agree with her that E&J are the absolute worst ever as well. Anytime someone posts something remotely positive about them, she is quick to tell you that you're wrong and remind you that they are horrible people. Say something slightly negative about Bonnie and she'll tell you you're wrong about that too and we should worship the ground she walks on! And she usually just backs up her statements with her own assumptions and opinions, nothing really factual. Not everyone here is a firm hater of E&J or lover of Bonnie. There can be a gradient and you can feel differently from topic to topic. Sometimes Ellie deserves praise and sometimes Bonnie needs criticism and those thoughts can vary from person to person! A heathy debate about topics is one thing but being told you're wrong because your OPINIONS don't align with others is just dumb lol. I'm irrationally bothered by this though and not looking to argue but I've wanted to say this for forever! I'll just go back to scrolling right on past her posts.
Thank you for speaking up, because you're also saying something I've wanted to say for a long time. I even stopped posting and pretty much stopped even going to a lot of threads because HS seemed to always try and dictate the conversation. I felt like I couldn't voice my opinion without being told how I was wrong. Bonnie could get a pass on things that would take up 5 pages for E&J, and it just got exhausting. I may be back and posting a bit, but I feel I have to censor myself just so I don't end up in an endless merry go round about my opinions and how HS's are more valid or correct than my own. I'm sorry, to jump in on this, but it's just been something I've felt for a long time now, and you speaking up has made me feel like I should speak up at least a little.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Responded to all of the above in the Comparing Griffiths thread since it's handled like a BR and is entering into an E v B debate anyway.
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

I responded in the comparing Griffiths about how I feel about Bonnie vs E&J, but I would like to defend HS. HS defends Bonnie on a lot of things, some that I don't think agree with, but it's allowed. She's allowed to have her own opinion. We don't have to criticize every YouTuber, just look at the C&K thread. There are plenty of people on YTMD who do shit talk and stir up trouble, but HS is not one of them. There's a big difference between strongly defending a YouTuber and shit talking.
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

I Can't Even with how this site has gone from fun gossip to Haters Only.

Unless you're picking apart most of the vloggers, you're called a minion or brow beat as to why you're wrong wrong wrong and here's a million reasons why those vloggers are the spawn of Satan.

I've been a member of this site for 2 years, and lurked for months before that, but all this damn "Hate or GTFO" is getting real close to making me hair flip.
:roll:
ferriswheel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ferriswheel »

I agree with you, my favorite ones are the people that get mad and say this is a place for opinions. Just because someone has a different opinion from you doesn't mean you should attack them.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

Out of curiosity, how long has ytmd been around?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ferriswheel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ferriswheel »

zipadeedodah wrote:Out of curiosity, how long has ytmd been around?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Since 2013(?) on its own, it was originally the yt mom's section of GG.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers

Return to “Boxing Ring”